What recent movie do you think will be a classic in 30 years from now?

What recent movie do you think will be a classic in 30 years from now?

Baywatch

pusy

this
its not out yet but it's gonna be a smash hit when it does drop and everyone will remember the cultural shift it created

honestly recent

spring breakers
the witch
the avengers
ex machina
the force awakens
inside out
the interview

these are the only movies of the past 5 years that will have any lasting impression.

debate me.

that's some nice squap

How recent?

Interstellar

Based pusy poster

TDKR

literally all suck dick

Sicario

jonh wick

BvS

The Mummy

your forced meme was never funny

District 9

this got all the quirks to be a nice classic that edgy kids from the future will praise as the best kino they have ever seen in their lives, and honestly, it's not really a bad thing

Since 2010

>A Touch of Sin
>Inside Out
>Beasts of the Southern Wild
>Mad Max: Fury Road
>Moonlight

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

>that buldge

thats a man

mad max fury road

t. virgin

Transformers
Inception

lol

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Probably Birdman, and although not that new, Kieslowski's stuff, In the Mood for Love, There Will Be Blood, The Piano Teacher, Chungking Express and Oldboy and maybe Blue Is the Warmest Color.

anything by Haneke

Is there anything more pretentious than Nolan's films?

You don't know what pretentious means. Nolan is shit but he's also pretty much the opposite of pretentious.

>todays movies
>classic

na

Blacked videos

Interstellar is pretentious as fuck

CAME HERE FOR THIS

Really? I would define Inception and Interstellar as pretentious.
I liked some scenes in his Batman films, but everything else, the lighting, the music, the Hollywood production totally kills it. Why is he so liked?

Mad Max:Fury Road
10 Cloverfield Lane
Grand Budapest Hotel
Gone Girl
Whisplash

Prove me wrong

Probably the Disney stuff. People will have good memories of it.

Fury road I reckon.
Babadook?
Im not thinking straight because I can't remember many. Surely that's the problem

>10 Cloverfield Lane
>Gone Girl
>Whiplash

These are already forgotten

>Grand Budapest Hotel
Oh, yes, that was a great film.

#litty

Can teens learn a new word already? Maybe try pompous?

The most accomplished filmmaker of his generation can make a movie just about subway turnstiles and it won't be pretentious.

Google 'define: pretentious' for more information.

You don't know shit faggot, just kill yourself already, seriously, fucking moron.

funny

Captain Fantastic

Edge of Tomorrow

yea movies these days are pretty bad.

Prometheus, not kidding

Probably some of the better superhero movies for sure. GotG for example. This generation will go down as the generation that made a metric fucking shitload of mediocre/campy superhero movies with a few really good ones that everyone will remember as they grow up. Pretty much all of Hollywood's capital has gone into that shit for the last 7-8 years. There'll be others too, people will remember shit like John Wick, Interstellar, Fury Road, lala land or whatever the fuck. I can't help but feel like it hasn't generated the same caliber of classic movies that were made even 10 years ago though. Movies seem like they went to shit after 2010 with no sign of picking up again for the near future. Maybe when Marvel's done milking its cinematic universe and the superhero fad has died down we can get some more original and creative movies.

Oh and Tarantino movies will always be remembered.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
desu even the 2nd and 3rd might become well regarded in time as well. They've aged absurdly fucking well and are more entertaining than 99% of action movies to come out in the past 10 years.

IMO a movie that'll be considered a classic in 30 years might be one that got shitty reviews when it came out. I mean The Thing got fucking panned when it came out and now it's always named as one of the best horror movies of all time.

SGTHHOH

>Avengers
>classic
Lmao, this shitty movie aged terribly after 5 years, just imagine after 50

fucking autist

The Revenant

The Wolf of Wall Street would honestly do well in my opinion. It's like a good gangster style movie, but without the gangsters. I don't know what it is, but everyone loves seeing people become rich illegally and then having it all crash down on them.

>Beasts of the Southern Wild

Am I the only one who really didn't like this movie? Along with I'm Not There it's perhaps the only other film I can recall that received glowing praise from virtually every critic yet I just found it a nothing film and have no desire to ever watch it again.

I love Wolf of Wall St and you're right, it is like a gangster movie, one important distinction though is that unlike something like Goodfellas where his crimes lead to him living "like a schnook" for the rest of his life, the bad guy gets away with everything in Wolf of Wall St.

Malick's last 3 films.

The Dark Knight will be remembered as a top 100 movie of all time

Fury Road is a top 20 action movie of alltime

Fury Road is definitely gonna go down as a classic

Probably Power Rangers.

Only acceptable answers in this thread.

nothing.

just stuff from china n india sadly

Obvioiusly Drive because it started this whole vapour, techno aesthetic 80s revival bullshit.

Boyhood

My sides

Batman V Superman

T W E L V E Y E A R S
W
E
L
V
E

Y
E
A
R
S

i see you just read the article titled: "learn this one simple trick to be based as fuck that mods don't want you to know"

12 years, the social network, and unfortunately knight of cups which actually blew

>John Wick will never continue to be a cult favourite with small-budget yet finely crafted sequels and will continue to inflate in budget and widespread appeal and become a mockery of everything the first one worked so hard to pull off.

Why live?

you people are genuinely retarded. probably pretentious cunts IRL who think twin peaks is the greatest show ever. i can't believe someone is seriously arguing nolan to be pretentious. nolan is perfection of the popcorn movie you absolute plebiscites.

Impostor

This

MoS

not BvS tho

>knight of cups

That dogshit is going to age like milk.

Batman V Superman and maybe Justice League if its kino unlike Wonder Woman

accept it

>beezow doo doo zopittybop bop bop
fucking kek

So has the 1978 Superman movie. So has Star Trek. Superhero/sci fi movies/shows are inherently ones that depend on effects and yeah, those are something that evolve and get better pretty quickly these days.

>accept it

Yeah because Batman and Robin, Batman Forever and the 2006 Superman are all heralded as classics because they were seen by a lot of people and had Batman and Superman in them.

Under the skin

>knight of cups
Ummm, no sweetie

Drive

Get out

Ahahaha Dcucks have lost it

Unironicly logan and lala land

>Patty
>Addicted to creating japanese characters online

Mah niggress.

La La Land

love exposure