So what's Sup Forums opinion on this movie?

So what's Sup Forums opinion on this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Sp8Ux
looper.com/72011/power-rangers-director-says-pg-13-rating-hurt-movie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's good. It's unfortunate that we live in a world where Michael Bay gets to make five schlocky, exploitative Transformers movies but Dean Israelite probably won't get to make any more honestly heartfelt Power Rangers movies.

It needed more suit fighting and more Zord time but otherwise it was good. The characters felt natural and had solid stories. Also Rita is hot as fuck.

soulless product placement and ugly designs.

Suits and zords looked like arse. Needed more fighting and more go go power rangers. Needed a proper megazord forming scene.

Was ok

It was decently fleshed out, actually made me relate to the characters (specifically Billy). Has some obligatory SJW shoving, but not enough to stain the movie overall. The theme song was a surprised added touch. 8/10 needs more Bulk & Skull

>schlocky
spotted the rlm fag

>Has some obligatory SJW shoving
What?

It was fine, it took its time to set up the main characters and had a fun end fight.

Even though it had shameless product placement, I would say that it had more sould than your average capeshit.

Yellow Ranger is a lesbian, Blue Ranger is a Black Autistic, etc.

>Complaining about diversity in Power Rangers

Spotted the newfag.

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating that it seemed a bit obligatory because of modern times, y'know?

Except the show has always had forced diversity so your statement is pointless.

Twas good

It was shit

I really liked the characters. Some of them had some serious flaws that made them more human and natural. A refreshing difference from the typical superheroes of today who's flaws are farfetched or completely unrelatable.

Having said that the villains design was awful. Didn't like Rita and Goldar looks at all. I'd be willing to give it a second chance and was seriously disappointed by their box office performance which probably killed any chance of a sequel.

Jesus dude settle down that user just was point out his opinion.

I liked it and still have a bit of hope for a sequel. I heard the toys sold stronger than expected so maybe???

Kimberly was a total tease in that short skirt of hers when she left school.

The opening scene in the Jurassic sold it. Could have been its own movie.

The rest of the movie was 50/50.

I just recently saw it.
It's better than I thought it would be.
I guess I would watch a sequel if they add Tommy.

is there a blu ray rip to this yet or nah

I hope Tommy gets cancer and dies.

This trashy flick would have been much better if it was given to bay to direct

I liked, thou not showing Rita molesting Trini was a mistake.

Yes

Dude kirspy Kreme lmao
Literally r€ddit the movie

I gotta agree that opening with Walter White was fucking amazing.

Makes me wish they could have gone a bit more adult but I get why they couldn't.

>in one scene there's a Krispy Kreme that gets destroyed after Rita bites a doughnut
Back to red dit

This. It's so bad Bay would be an improvement. Amazing how terrible the taste is here, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised when all you guys talk about is capeshit and Star Wars.

It's okay. The suits look too bulky and come way too late in the story. Alpha 5 was horrid. The characters having backgrounds wasn't too bad. And the final fight scene was boring.
Overall I went in with low expectations and came out mildly pleased. It's a shame they can't expand the series with a sequel since this did bad BO.

What the fuck is this poster trying to convey?

>forced diversity
>nigger is black ranger
>chink is yellow ranger
>roastie is pink ranger
That is far from forced that is natural as fuck.

And his opinion shows his cluelessness about the franchise. Or do you think people won't call out people here for having options rooted in ignorance?

Don't post at me unless I post at you first, Emma shitskin

>native American becomes red ranger

A lightning bolt of negative space?

t. st. john

>Austin St. JUST

Bad
so many cliches
awful acting all around even elizabeth banks was bad
the zords were just fucking transformers
they dont put on the suits until the very end
dont even get me started on what they did to goldar
the whole thing was fucked, although I will admit I got pretty hyped when the original theme played but thats more nostalgia than anything

Fuck forgot how awful Alpha 5 was bad CGI and casting.

So 0 chance of a sequel? Really all they could do is introduce Tommy and Zedd right? I loved this shit as a kid in 96 but didn't follow the next 20 iterations.

You seem fun.

Banks was the best part and she seemed to have fun making the movie.

Like a few people here I went in expecting it to be awful and give it a B.

I liked it when Rita gave zero fucks about trying to go melee with the Megazord.

But stuff like gold serial killer and cow milking joke stuff, yeah I suspected it would be box office poison for families.

Kek forgot that thanks for pointing it out user.

Not enough martial arts.

CG looked like shit.

Not enough zords.

I don't know how I feel about Zordon being an asshole.

what was expected of a nostalgia cash grab

Why did you ruin the bunny?

it wasn't me m8

alright what's the source

Literally "Tumblr: The Movie"

Kill yourself

imgur.com/a/Sp8Ux

:
:^)

>what was expected of a nostalgia cash grab
Nostalgia would be a good start.

Why? It flopped and won't get a sequel

So we can't have opinions on it because it didn't do well? Sorry, didn't realize we could only discuss successful popular movies here.

>"We didn"t make a shitty, unappealing movie, it's the rating's fault.
looper.com/72011/power-rangers-director-says-pg-13-rating-hurt-movie/

Thank you.

happy fapping user

Why are you hostile on a movie discussion forum?
Please, seek medical attention.

If he was concerned about the rating, he probably could have cut the bull milking joke. That being said, PG is basically a dead rating and most comparable movies to Power Rangers are rated PG-13. It was just marketed poorly. It was made to seem kind of grimderp when it was really Breakfast Club-esque.

They should have chose a better black guy to play Billy. The one they chose looked like a nigger compared to Walter Jones.

What did he mean by this?

He's just looks to ghetto compared to other black actors.

This or chosen a black guys who actually looked "geeky" and autistic.

It was good. Not prefect, but it felt like it was written and directed by actual human beings. Shame there won't be a sequel, it was far better than TFA and the recent Avengers movies.

>LE AFTER 10000000 YEARS IM FREE LETS TAKE OVER LE KRISPY KREEME
>DUDE LE ROCK MUSIC XD YASSS KANYEEZY XD

>the rangers were all fleshed out well. They felt like real characters and not just DUDE REMEMBER "X" LMAO
>the race change was whatever. Felt like an excuse to make the black character more prominent since Billy being smart and having no social life played so much into the plot. Didn't seem disruptive though
>Elizabeth Banks is the fucking GOAT
>action scenes are good even if there could have been more of them

The only real complaint I had was that the Zords look like Bayformers shite, and that they are so bad that they couldn't even figure out a way to show them turn into the Megazord so they had it happen off screen. Other than that it was a solid flick

It was pretty good desu. My only issues where the (mega)zord designs and the time spent fighting in the suits. Also I wish they movie would've ended with the gang forming the band amd playing the theme in Billy's garage

I suddenly feel like Krispy Kreme.

cuck is the blue balls ranger

Forgettable nostaglia capeshit cashgrab.

Watch the source material you dumb faggot

I believe you forgot to say nu-male cuck SJW reddit as well.

Kill yourself weeaboo. No-one gives a fuck about your sad sack of shit Sentai. I bet your mother cries herself to sleep every night knowing she raised an insipid little cunt who strokes his dick over Jap drawings

Sentai sucks.

Solid 7 film, it gets watered down by the third act.
If Bay-sama gets his hand on the franchise, unlimited shekels will be granted

It made a bunch of money in toy sales, so a sequel is possible

I liked it, some people complain about too much pre-morph characters time, but was ok for the first movie. I hope they can made a sequel with the green/white ranger.

liked it up until the action sequence at the end. they did a good job with the characters but the action looked like a bland, overproduced video game.

If you weren't Billy, Jason or Kimberly then the movie did not care about you, ESPECIALLY if you were Zack

1 shekel has been deposited into your account.

Fuck you.

Sentai is fucking awful.
I can't watch that shit

Should have left out the bullshit about Power Rangers and zords and giant gold monsters. Could have been a great Chronicle sequel movie about more teens getting superpowers and having to fight another super teen that went bad. If they weren't going to do the original show justice, should have left it all out, but I guess they wanted the name recognition and nostalgia to trick people into seeing it.

I liked it BUT I don't think it works as movies. You need time to establish the relationships between all the characters.

Instead we get a rushed 20min montage.