Time

>Adventure time is 6 years old

>Adventure time is shit

>fairly odd parents is old to enough to have sex with

Just saw the musical one, anyone lost their hotpocket when marcy sing

Is Adventure Time dead?

I wish it was

CN have already dragged it too far through the mud for it to be remembered with dignity but its not too late to put it down properly

>Finn is now old enough to browse Sup Forums

As someone who's always hated this show, I'd be interested to hear what you think is worse about it now than before

To me it always seemed to be fairly vapid and random

I mean if you always hated the show there is little point actually explaining it to you

its mainly the issues of terribly written pointless story lines that no one cares about and dont go anywhere, like Flame Princess or Finn's real father

The show also seems to have no real direction, like it doesn't seem to be going toward something and characterization has been pretty bad for a while, with character development appearing and disappearing depending on how the storyboarder wants people to act in a particular episode

it feels like 60

Does the show even have a show runner or even writers that communicate with each other?

plots that go nowhere
episodes that are artsy for the sake of being artsy
characters that stale
no sense of direction
no comedy whatsoever
unable to commit to anything
nothing that made the first couple seasons good
characters mature but the show doesnt

I really don't know and wouldn't be surprised if it didn't anymore

I mean I kinda like the artsy episodes, if your talking about the filler episodes where they bring in guest animators and do the entire show in a different art style I think that is a neat little thing to do

>story went from wacky adventures with occasional lore episodes to shitty wacky adventures with semi-frequent finn is a loser episodes

regular show had some dark spots too, but maybe it'll be different in space for some episodes

Isn't he only 17?
what boards would the main characters browse

you are the only person in the world that does, im talking about shit like jakes ass is a clown

>IT'S SHIT BECAUSE HURR DURR TUMBLR

We're talking about AT not SU user.

Its shit because its shit.

Tumblr is in love with AT.

Give specific examples of those things applying to SU.

sounds like you haven't actually watched either show then

good point but steven universe is still relatively fresh plus when it delivers it delivers good

I've been the same age/one year older than Finn this whole time :^)

Have you seen the latest arc? Have you seen the trailers for the upcoming episodes?

The fact that Loud House is beating it in ratings really tells you something.

>Phineas and Ferb is 9 years old

Just like life, eh?

If only SU actually delivered, huh?

omg will you stop with your bullshit

ratings and quality aren't directly related

they don't just look at the highest box office number when they pick who wins the Oscars

besides this certainly wouldn't be the first case of a good show getting poor rating or a bad show getting good rating, hell reality tv didn't dominate almost every station for like 5 years because it was high quality

>this much damage control
No one likes your lesbian space rock show.
No one ever did; it was doomed from the start.

>watching a cartoon to be reminded of how meaningless life is
but dilbert got cancelled
from time to time it does, better than the meteorite, the penguin and the old man riding a bird meet themselves in space for convinience because its the last episode and we have to wrapp shit up

your an idiot, please feel free to never talk again and go back to enjoying your shitty status quo cartoon with literally a dozen cliches that were old in the 90s and consistent cringe worth 4th wall breaks

I finally dropped the show after the Cluster arc. It never got good and showed no signs of improving.

Judging by the fact that there's filler about Stevonnie and Greg fucking around in a tuxedo, I dodged a major bullet there.

>from time to time it does, better than the meteorite, the penguin and the old man riding a bird meet themselves in space for convinience because its the last episode and we have to wrapp shit up
You literally just described Gem Drill.
Why is it okay when SU does it but a crime when AT does it.

care to actually explain what you disliked?

because it sounds like you never liked it from the start

The characters
The plot
The pacing

>filler
>If I don't like it, it's filler!

are you kidding? Gem Drill was built up for like 10 episodes we all knew it was coming, it didn't go down exactly how we were expecting but it wasn't random, arguably it was being built to since Peridot first arrive on Earth.

the Meteorite just came up for that season and was vaguely mentioned a few times to build to it, then they brought back a joke from like 5 seasons back to make Gunther evil

so you disliked everything, but you don't actually know enough to be able to sight a single specific example and are just giving me the literal vaguest answer possible

no, gem drill was set up right, the cluster and water jasper where set up way before and it made sense for them to blow up at the same pointr given context.
The meteorite had no place to be, it was set up as it will destroy the earth and then changed to plot twist its was penguin all along. Finns dad was pointless, he was set up since season one that finn wanted to know where he came from, what we got was a kick to the balls instead

SPECIFIC. EXAMPLES. NIGGER.

I hate how the characters are handled.
I hate how mind numbingly stupid the plot can get.
I hate how slow the pacing is.

But I do like the art and soundtrack.

Sorry I can't worship every aspect of the show like it was made by God.

literally just sight an actual freaking example is that so hard?

The lesbian overtones
The drill arc
The new episodes

Specific enough?

Jesus, calm down. I'm pretty sure they're giving specific answers to SU.

>it didn't go down exactly how we were expecting
What were people expecting? For Steven to go full Guren Lagann and beat the shit out of the Cluster?

something a bit more horrifying like the first time we met a forced fusion

Gem Drill and the episodes that follow prove that SU is going downhill.
The pacing was terrible, the characters were flat and grating, and the plot was practically non existent. The new episodes are not helping at all.

While it wasn't horrifying, Steven going into the Cluster hive mind and seeing Uboa was pretty surreal.

>Rocko's Modern Life is 20 years old and culturally irrelevant

Again, no different from what SU did.
>Steven had no place to be in the Cluster's mind.
>It doesn't make sense that Steven would just befriend the Cluster and be satisfied with that.
>They teased Peridot's origin but didn't go through with it.

>projecting this fucking hard
I'm totally convinced that you're Rebecca Sugar and you're just mad that Chris Savino, a real cartoonist, has a more successful show than you.

>I'm totally convinced that you're Rebecca Sugar and you're just mad that Chris Savino, a real cartoonist, has a more successful show than you.
Not even that user, but aren't you being a hypocrite by projecting too?

holy shit I forgot it first aired in 2007

I'm not really sure what you problem with the characters in these episodes were, its not like anything was really different

I can agree that the pacing felt a little rushed in places

I mean that last series of episodes was pretty much 100% plot and tying up most of the loose ends currently

I would also seriously advise against judge future episodes based on a few clips in like a 30 second preview

>culturally irrelevant
Yes, because we no longer go to the mall to purchase things, have laundry day, have garbage day, go to the airport, deal with jobs or bosses, go to amusement parks, go to dinner, get sick, clean the house, go to baseball games, go camping, or order pizza anymore.

adventure time fans in denial, more news at eleven.
You like shit buddy?, you like crap? great for you, dont dump your garbage on people with taste because you have develope an explicable taste for it

Except we've seen Steven use mind powers in Chile Tid and Watermelon Island.

Steven has always been a caring person, to the point it's basically a flaw, why wouldn't he be happy with just bubbling the cluster?

What the fuck are you talking about with Peridot's origin?

Not a problem unless you're a homophobe. Which makes you a hypocrite.

Fair enough

Specific examples.

Geeze, it's almost like you're a brainless moron...

Peridot was at her all time annoying while Steven was a fullblown Marty Stu. The Gems were just there for background.

It was rushed as hell. The Cluster arc should have at least lasted another season. But nope, got to push those memes.

It was the writers having no idea what to do with the show, not unlike AT. They wrote two of the characters hurr durr it's hard writing more characters. Hit the Diamond and Steven Floats have the most retarded excuses for plot I've seen in a cartoon.

Let's see, we have Peridot humping a plushie, Lapis fucking around on a boat, Pear and fucking Greg in tuxes, and Stevonnie. Yup, these episodes will totally be relevant to the plot and not filler at all.

girls, girls, calm down

both SU and AT were shit from stem to stern.

I'm not the one making ad honineim attacks against the Loud House, now am I?

I also enjoy most of the guest artist shows. The animation can be pretty interesting.

I skipped those episodes because I was warned they were filler. It still doesn't make sense either way.

This was a chance to show that being caring isn't enough to save the day. But no, the plot bended over backward for Stevie (I always get what I want!).

Peridot mentions her origins while they were in the drill but doesn't elaborate on them because reasons.

>believe in filler
no real helping you then I suppose, I mean I would call that world building and character development but whatever I guess some people want SU to be a nonstop action show

I think you didn't watch AT in some of its worst seasons with just how lost it was, if you think SU comes anywhere close to that, literally character development would disappear and reappear between episodes based on what they wanted to happen, thats where stupid memes like PB is evil comes from because they randomly made her really evil and than stopped and than got confused as to if she was actually suppose to be evil or not

another season on the Cluster arc? how? what would they even do? I mean 2 more episodes to slow down Malachite's defeat and the Cluster's resolution would have been fine, I don't think they could have added much more really.

No. But still, your being a hypocrite by projecting too.

>Doesn't like lesbians

What are you, some kind of fag?

>I mean I would call that world building and character development
Just like in the Naruto filler!
Not really helping your case.

>ad honineim attacks against the Loud House
how exactly was I making ad honinem attacks against Loud House, you are the one who brought the creators into this not me

I just called Loud House a "shitty status quo cartoon with literally a dozen cliches that were old in the 90s and consistent cringe worth 4th wall breaks" which I don't think you can actually defend against because its true

They could have shown failing at first and then come up with a new plan. While coming up with a new plan, the characters get fleshed out instead of being pushed aside for bullshit.

Boom, I'm a better writer than Sugar.

>which I don't think you can actually defend against because its true
wew lad. I was defending you () but after this post, I just realized you're just as bad as the guy you're arguing with.

How would they come up and execute a new plan when the Cluster was already forming without resulting to Deus Ex Machina, writer-user?

filler in something like Naruto is totally different, for one its not part of the original story, they added it in to pad out time for the manga to come out, two it generally centers around interactions with new characters that will never come back up again and it doesn't end up changing anything

There is a difference between being a filler episode and a non plot focused episode, to use the example of Naruto, the 2nd episode ever where Naruto meets Konaharmaru isn't a filler episode, its kinda dumb but its not the same things as a filler episode

>Fukushima was 5 years ago

It's called being a real cartoon. SU should try it sometimes.

Real cartoons suck tho.

>two it generally centers around interactions with new characters that will never come back up again and it doesn't end up changing anything
>Peridot
>Lapis
You're really not helping your case.

>real cartoon
care to define or explain that term?

because I get the feeling you mean being episodic and having immature humor

Just because you put "hurr durr" in front of something doesn't mean it's not true.

not even that user but its kind of clear you've never actually watched the show and are just going off shitposting cliffnotes against it.

what "cliches" does it have? what is the problem with lincoln talking to the audience? why do you ignore that its a well animated, uniquely designed, and all around funny show? the storyboarders dont constantly JUST the designs like in SU/AT, and the voice actors are the most professional ensemble of skilled talent workers ive seen in a cartoon in a long while. there is a lot more to making a cartoon than having some shitty, made up as they go along """""lore""""" which is why manlet falls ultimately failed.

Both will return in the new episodes.
Try again.

so your one of those retards who thinks that since they are living at the barn we aren't going to see them ever again? even though the preview you complained about showed both of them showing back up already, like you do realize that they are part of the main cast now, just as like to feature in an episode as any other Crystal Gem right?

Can you fuck off with your company wars, man? As someone who watches SU and TLH, they're both good shows.

>bring GF out of nowhere
>fanning the retarded TLH vs SU flames even harder
HOLY SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING

I will admit to having only watched the 1st episode and a few clips outside of that and couldn't stand it enough to bother watching more and literally no one has ever given an argument as to why I should give it more of a chance than I did

literally every sister is just another old cliche character archetype that we could explain in one or two words, there is the funny one, the goth one, the tomboy, the princess, the valley girl, and so on

Maybe you are ok with the constant talking to the audience but I found it extremely grating, and lol random.

I won't argue that Loud House looks good, its certainly well animated but that doesn't make or break a show, if I just wanted to see something pretty I would look at paintings

There is a lot more to making a good cartoon than just looking good and getting a few cheap laughs

And what's wrong with being episodic and having immature humor?

Not everything has to a soap opera. Pixar has spoiled people.

Shitposting.

No, you're being intentionally nebulous.

There's nothing wrong with that, but saying episodic and immature cartoons are the only "real" cartoons is moronic.

Well its true. To say SU is a real cartoon is like saying Watchmen is just a comic book.

Nothing but don't claim a child's finger painting and the Mona Lisa are on par

I know I'm being hyperbolic but you get what I mean, there is nothing wrong with stupid episodic comedy shows

But there is a qualitative difference between a show like that and a more serious show

There is a difference between Breaking Bad and Two and a Half Man, similarly there is a difference between Steven Universe and Loud House

>Well its true
Not all cartoons have to be comedic cartoon. With that logic, breadwinners, fanboy and chum chum and sanjay and craig are real cartoons.

Watchmen IS a comic book.

Those are all cartoons, yes, they're terrible cartoons but that doesn't make them less real.

>muh cumpenny wars meme

its okay to compare contemporary cartoons to each other. i hate this fucking retarded narrative here now where every comparison is an attempt to start a """"fandom war"""" invented by redwood the manlet because he obsesses over mediocre cartoons.

>more and literally no one has ever given an argument
>literally every sister

okay lori

> there is the funny one, the goth one, the tomboy, the princess, the valley girl

so you'd rather it just be a homogeneous house of bland characters with safe/non-existent personalities like most of SU's background cast? and even then, most of the cliches don't even apply to these characters. the "funny one" also tends to be the most aggressive, the "goth one" has a girly side, the "princess" can be evil but also caring, and the only similarity leni has to a valley girl archetype is she says "like" alot.

>Maybe you are ok with the constant talking to the audience but I found it extremely grating, and lol random.

well i find the absolutely SHIT voice acting in steven universe to be annoying but i still tried for more than "one episode". also how is it lolrandom? certainly not as lolrandom as LEL COOKIECAT or that type of calarts era shit.

I mean they are real cartoons

just because we don't like something doesn't mean we can claim it doesn't count

Its like trying to say the Star Wars Prequals don't count because we don't like them

>complaining about company wars
>immediately after starts a SU vs TLH argument

>implying
It's ok to compare cartoons. Unless you're acting like pic related.

>calarts meme
this thread is toxic enough without throwing around meaningless buzzwords, besides you don't even seem to know what that means seeing as Loud House suffers greatly from the "toxic noodle arm calarts style" that bullshit meme is about in the first place

>Cartoons have to be comedic or they aren't real cartoons
wew lad. That means shows like batman: the animated series aren't real cartoons.

They aren't. They are considered western animated kino.