Why do you hate cable TV? If you're not a poorfag it's nice

Why do you hate cable TV? If you're not a poorfag it's nice.

Because it insists upon itself.

too many commercials senpai

I HAVE FULLY LOADED ALL PREMIUMS CABLE TRIPLE PLAY

HARDLY USE IT CUS BROADCAST TV IS SHIT

do people on this board actually watch tv and films I thought this was for shitposting and race baiting? Fuck I have watched like two movies this entire year, and no tv

Fucking this. I can't stand commercials.

>pay a gorillion dollars for 300 channels, 4 of which you ever actually turn on and when you do turn it on it's 10 minutes of programming, 10 minutes of commercials
>paying for commercials
Fuck off kike

my moms tv broke so she took mine. I havent watch kino in weeks.

Nothing good on, just literal brainwashing

>10 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes of tv show
>hundreds of channels of garbage reality tv reruns

Literally the only reason to watch live tv is for sports

> paying out the ass every month
> only a handful of watchable shows
> on for a few weeks per year
> most channels are shit and never watched
> surf back and forth thru them anyway, like a zombie
> it’s pretty nice

I probably wouldn't hate cable as much as I do if companies like Comcast didn't exist

I'd never use it. Too many commercials and terrible programming. Haven't watched cable regularly since I lived with my parents 7 years ago. Fuck I was even forced to pay for cable for three years when I lived at university and I turned it on maybe twice.

>justifies wasting money by "durr i have enough to waste"
what a great excuse to piss away money propping up a dying industry that just needs to eat shit once and for all

The ONLY shit on cable is

>censored versions of shitty normie flicks edited for time and loaded for commercials
>network sitcoms from literally every decade
>sports
>news

Considering Youtube TV is $35 and we're in an age of streaming, who in their right fucking mind would pay for any of that?

It's pure trash hundreds of channels of fucking nothing. The commercials are pure cancer and it's expensive. The only use it has is sports, but even that's worthless if you don't live in the area of the team you follow.

Why do people bitch about comcast. Last time I redid my contract the service operator lady was asking what games I played and gave me the best deal with credit for a few months.

Because I can watch every show and movie ever made in high definition at the click of a button for the cost of an internet connection. That's why fuck comcast.

That's what I do but have comcast internet.

You forgot that the true patrician's cable network exists.

That is one of the few good channels on television, I'll admit.

This - haven't had cable in 2 years and have survived on Netflix but streaming live sports is a pain.

i wouldn't have cable even if i were a billionaire, op
you pay like 50 dollars for channels you don't even watch. i only like watch 3 channels at the most and they tend to have shows i can watch on the internet

cable is unnecessary and a waste of money

>for sports

go kill youself, sportsfags

i am so glad i didnt have a retard dad who indoctrinated me into liking sports. that shit is so fucking boring. watching football is like the most boring thing ever. i would rather watch tv while it is turned off.

Television was fun before the advent of the internet for two reasons.

1) the shows were waaaay better (Twilight Zone is GOAT, you will never see a show like that on television again)
2) you're able to download any tv show or movie from the internet and not have to deal with commercials (and paying money to watch it if you're that type of person....)

Your local broadcast channels that you can pick up for free with antenna might have some of your sports

Oh yeah and one other thing.

Before 24/7 news channels, the news was far better. They actually had to make every minute count and not put any filler in. Also there wasn't any fakery going on (mainly only CNN is guilty of this).

I pay 110 for 300 channels and 100mb internet. It's not that expensive, I have the other movie channels I don't pay for on my firestick.

Get a job you poor piece of shit.

lol nerd

Sup Forumseddit

I was at a friend's house earlier, turned on the Harry Potter marathon on some channel called Freeform, 15 MINUTES OF COMMERCIALS. Who the fuck puts themselves through that and pays for it?

Freeform is the new name for ABC Family. But you're right. Unless you're willing to put up with all those damn commercials, there is no real reason to have cable/satellite. Only people who do not want to stream or pirate their stuff (including sports) are putting up with cable.

It's a culturally barren wasteland.

The only good thing about digital cable is that it comes with DVR now, so just timeshift everything and skip commercials.

>get major networks for free
>uncompressed HD
>don't have to deal with provider blackouts
>bunch of obscure neat channels not on cable

Why don't you have an antenna, Sup Forums?

live in the country

Because I had it and it blows compared to torrenting/streaming. Pay through the ass just so you can have enough channels with decent content, then end up with 80% filler and repetition. Flipping through channels, getting brainwashed by synchronous advertising, becoming depressed because your wasting your money/time.

Society wasted a great technology by turing national and international broadcast television into a consumer brainwashing tool.

This. DTV is awesome.

got you senpai

brainwashing and reruns

>let mean hat man channel

Wish I could just pay for the sports networks but oh well

Because the preservation of legal regional monopolies is a stupid, shitty, ancient economic practice that is quickly dying off and I saw this trend back in 2005.

Cable companies bundle shit together in strategic packages that they know is worth less than they charge us, so they can pay their employees less than they're worth, to make money for shareholders while holding back the entertainment industry and everyone else involved in making good shit to watch.

Half of the shitty marketing and branding techniques everyone here complains about were literally invented by cable mooks.

Also, the amount of money I save by cutting cable and just Netflix+torrents is ridiculous. Locked into the base package of my (only) cable provider would cost me $60 a month. Their service and connection is garbage, I don't watch 90% of the channels they give me, they'd charge me an extra $20 a month for a single channel I do want (that I can get for $10/mo without cable directly from the source), and I lose signal when it rains.

All in all, I can afford to buy a new 60 inch 4k TV every year with the savings I get from just not having cable.

I have graphs to back this up.

half this. Watching sports is boring, doing sports is good

110bucks? wow
I pay 14$ for 100/50mbps, phone and 150 channel.
I could upgrade to 1000/200mbps for an extra 7$ but meh