What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Normies, casuals, fake geeks, whatever you want to call them.

They feel like they don't have to try anymore.

can someone post that image DC rebirth is outselling everything Marvel spews out from bendis' asshole

Bendis, Quesada and Alonso

this
And I was one of them HAHAHAHAHA

The people who were responsible for destroying the print comic industry in the 90's are literally running marvel
all their real talent left and the PC SJW faggots are now in charge

Honestly, it all comes back to this.

The PC character introductions, the movies and gay ships, and bland storytelling in hopes of mimicking the movies all comes back to Marvel trying to cater to this audience.

all of this
this a bit too kinda

Marvel is also in a terrible situation, making terrible decisions and while they have good books right now I am afraid of how they may fuck that up

They DO need new ideas and new characters, new ORIGINAL stories, they're right on that BUT they fail on it because there's no quality control and they think Bendis is god

nostalgifags

started pandering to people who actually buy comics

>another company wars thread
you know what to do

Relaunching books every other month that or so, too many continuity reboots, shoving characters that people genuinely enjoy out of the way to showcase the minority/marginalized group character of the week (Although I think the original All-New Ghost Rider series with Robby Reyes did a good job of it, before it got canceled.).

All I want from Marvel at this point are some simple series with arcs that don't have complex, far-reaching implications for the character's future. Give me a handful of ongoings featuring The Punisher, Wolverine, and Thor Odinson (wielding Mjolnir) travel the world/worlds and kick ass in six-issue self-contained arcs.

Worst part is, for the most part they're right.
As long as they sell more than everybody else they're happy. And the natural state that things have been for forever is marvel selling more than everybody else.
If Rebirth permanently kicking their ass and CW2 and Marvel Nower failing doesn't happen then they'll just keep doing it.

sjw's.

dont tell me im wrong either. Sup Forumsmblr knows this to be true

You don't belong on this board. Go back to Sup Forums girl gamer

The rapid expansion of the fanbase due to the success of the MCU demanded that every aspect of their industry appeal to a larger audience.
>Disney merger

Perlmutter got greedier and more bitter than usual.

|
|>
|
|
|

>Quesadilla
>Asshole Alonso
>Benis
>Brevoort
>Ike the Kike

take your fuckin pick

>anybody who isn't a led sheep blindly guzzling shit from the ass of a company that gives no fucks about the consumer is a "nostalgia fag"

Uh huh

With Jews you lose

Incessant pandering to SJWs and non-reader fans of the movies who didn't care about comics 5 years ago and won't 5 years from now.

Nothing. You're all scared of change.

Being bought by Disney and hedging their bets on synergy with the MCU

They took the wrong message from their success.

They should have gotten the message of "stay faithful to the comics and don't be afraid to take some chances." Instead it was "streamline everything into wacky milktoast humor and just shoot for what's trending."

See

Publishing shit like Gwenpool and squirrel girl.

>The rapid expansion of the fanbase

but this didn't happen
The movie fans are not print fans
The print fans have been leaving in droves
Most will never come back
Hell I can't even be bothered to read most Marvel titles for free

>The print fans have been leaving in droves

And why do you think that is?
Because Marvel's fanbase has expanded, rabidly...so they have been making the comics more like what the new fans want
Movies make more money than comics, the tables have turned. It's like how bands used to your to promote an album and made money on that, now an album is simply an excuse to tour because that's where the money is at

They always come back, user. Look at DC.

The internet. Nowadays every little arse can ask nondescript questions like "What went wrong?".

Disney, Bendis.

The loss of a significant chunk of their talent to either indies and creator-owned work (Fraction, Hickman, Remender, Brubaker, DeConnick, etc) or DC (King, Dogfucker).

Well, when DC was big enough to rival them, Marvel actually tried to write good stories to beat DC. With nobody talking about them anymore, Marvel doesn't have to try to create good stories anymore

>Alonso

I just don't get how this guy was the editor on such awesome books as 100 Bullets, Preacher and Punisher MAX...yet his reign as Marvel's EiC is arguably the worst since the Bob Harras days...

Disney: it all comes to them.

You are talking about the wrong company.
Here , I'll fix it for you

sorry , I Forgot pic related

Ill say it once
>LIBERALS