Is there any hope?

Is there any hope?

If Warner doesn't win back the masses with Suicide Squad then my guess is they're pretty doomed.

Wonder Woman has to be a really great film to bolster hope in Justice League but I have really low hopes for Gal Gadot in a main speaking role

Johns is forcing Snyder to be lighter at gunpoint so yes.

Looking forward to these movies. I really want Shazam to be well written. That would be the best. Will he help out the League during JL 2?

It was always going to be lighter after the DAWN of Justice. They just made it more lighter than originally intended.

At this point, only a fool hopes. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Also, there's no way Shazam and Cyborg are actually getting made.

Good. I want them to be meta about darkness vs. hope too.

If SS and WW do well, it's just more pressure for Snyder since he'll be seen as the weak link. He can't win.

I'd like to see more interactions with the cast. They're so funny to see. Having Geoff join in will be a blast.

IMO what Snyder did was one of the most insane high level strategies of all time. It worked because people now want the "real" Superman and the "real" Batman. And that's what we're getting; it was always planned from the start to be their journey. And it will be that much more impactful now that we've seen these heroes at their lowest point. There's nowhere to go but up.

They pretty much have to ride it out till JL1 and hope not to lose money till then

test

Man, this is the sort of denial people were showing when Attack of the Clones came out.

I think you're giving him a bit too much credit. I doubt it was deliberate.

First SS need to be a Bomb!
Second WW need to please feminists and normies
Third Snyder needs to catch the drift with JL1
Then WB must fire Snyder!

How are people not completely sick of capeshit by now? We've gotten at least two capeshit movies a year ever since the first Iron Man with no signs of it stopping.

Stil better than Marvel's shit.

I think Marvel does need to cool it's jets. Give people a year off, let the hype come back

>If Warner doesn't win back the masses with Suicide Squad then my guess is they're pretty doomed.

Are you retarded? Just the "crits" didn't like it. BvS still made almost 900m and the BluRay is a best seller. They don't need to win anybody

After BvS underperformed, there really ISN'T much hope. DC blew their load with that one, especially after all the hype.

They could've played it safe and just built off of MoS 2 with BvS as the end of the trilogy, but oh well

Suicide Squad would have to tremendously exceed expectations critically and commercially for them to survive at this point.

That's how this works. Cape movies go on strong until a really bad one kills the genre for a few years. See: Superman 4 in the 80s, Batman and Robin/Steel in the 90s, and Catwoman in the 2000s

>keeping hope for DCEU

shiggydiggy

It's still underperforming.

The movie doing poorly was definitely not planned, but the movies being lighter after Dawn of Justice was. Snyder was always saying that this is them at the lowest point. I just wish more people would enjoy it.

Oh my god shut the fuck up and accept that your ugly husbando is a goddamn hack.

Yeah you're retarded.

Hey maybe the movie did poorly because it was fucking bad.

we sum kinda suicide squad?

Nah, I saw the movie and it was great.

>have no faith in their ability to make a good Batman
>ability to enjoy Flash is gonna be marred by the expectations set by the cw show
>don't give a shit about the rest of that lineup because most of my favorite DC characters are outside the main JL pantheon

It had a B Cinemascore (B or B- being considered average), and the sharp drop offs in its first few weekends are generally an indicator of poor word of mouth. It also was crazy expensive, so Warner expected a greater return on their investment,

I have hope for aquaman but that's pretty much it

Well I saw the movie and it sucked. Critics agree with me, fuckwad.

>I'm right because critics

Did you even read the reviews? You really want to be lumped with bumbling retards?

Shit, Justice League is next year? Also I wonder if Cereal Man will bring the Shazam movie into the main universe now with its lighter tone

>Everyone who didn't like the movie is a retard
Okay sure thing buddy

It also means the characters don't really have anywhere to go... we've already seen their darkest moment and their identities pushed to their limits.

Narrative, it's all backwards.

I can't imagine much of a sense of threat and anticipation that will be comparable to what Marvel are doing.

I'm not a shill - I love both companies' comics - but Marvel are undoubtedly killing it movie-wise

>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>Cyborg
Do people really WANT these movies?

I want aquaman, and I'm glad they got a talented director to make it.

No, but we're getting them.

AOTC is good though, user.

Was Shazam going to be set in a different universe originally? That's interesting.

I do.

This

I don't think you're aware of how popular Wonder Woman is

I don't think she is that popular honestly.

Batman and Robin was a commercial success. Made a straight profit of 110 mil not to mention merchandise and product placement. That didn't stop it from killing the genre for a decade.

Quit being such a delusional faggot. Not just the critics hated it, a lot of audiences hated it as well. If you ask audiences if they want more of the same, the answer will be a resounding "NO".

>That didn't stop it from killing the genre for a decade.
You mean DC, right? Becuse both X-Men and Spiderman were huge hits during early 2000s (Just 3-4 years after B&R movie)

After reading New Frontier, I'd be down for a good WW if they did her in that style. Specifically if they drew from something like the scene where she frees a bunch of woman slaves and leaves the guns of the slavers out for them. But also some historical anti-Nazi stuff would be fun too.

While I'm alright with Gadot, I do wish WW was high test.

I'm reading literally what people said would happen to Superman after MoS

>And that's what we're getting
You told me that after Man of Steel.
I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now.

I wasn't there for that. I didn't watch Man of Steel when it came out, and I don't know where those people got that idea from. I'm getting this from the news sources I've read about the future DCEU movies, and interviews about how Snyder and Ben were saying that the characters were at their lowest point in BvS.

I saw Man of Steel after BvS, and although I still didn't like the Zod scene and tornado scene, it was still a good movie for me.

BvS underperformed. It made less than TDK/TDKR and much less than Avengers films.

Fucking R-rated DEADPOOL made $783 million, do you really think DC/Warner is satisfacted with their two biggest heroes together only grossing $90 million more than that?