So do you think Riri Williams could make for a good Iron-Man?

So do you think Riri Williams could make for a good Iron-Man?

And is it wrong that the first thing I thought of when I saw the words, "15 years old" was Iron-Man: Armored Adventures with the young Tony Stark?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/07/06/dc-rebirth-brutalises-marvel-comics-over-advance-reorders/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>yet another insufferable teen genius character
>created & written by Bendis
No.

Why iron man? It looks like a woman to me...

this

also
who cares

marvel only stays relevant by making movies.
they use the "paul feig ghostbusters" when they try to keep their comics relevant.

What's next? A lesbian Punisher?

Why do you insist on using the old, tired, outdated, used up, inaccurate, bigoted gender binary, Anonymous?

>15 year old girl enrolled in MIT and is smarter than Tony and also already made the iron man suit
>is still gonna be called IronMAN

This is too fucking good. What are they smoking? This is literally a Mary fucking Sue character.

But they already have Carol Danvers.

The name "Iron-Man" is obviously an iconic name in that universe that people may start asking questions as to where Stark is and why there is an Iron-Woman now. Stop being so retarded.

Just comming to laugh at you

Thanks for everything

I stopped giving a fuck about Marvel a very long time ago.

It's gonna be shit

I guess it's better to just introduce a new teenage character than make a re-imagined one like Armored Adventures did.

Normally I would be on board with a legacy character. But
>Bendis
No thanks.

Bendis said she's still working on the new name.

The Time interview also unironically used the term white dudes in a question.

And they already have a lesbian punisher

So technically she isn't "The New Iron-Man" and is just temporarily using the name until she becomes her own superhero?

Even SJW Twitter is mad about this, and I agree, considering it's Bendis making another legacy of an iconic character a PoC, instead of letting a PoC creator themselves make their own work.

If there was justice in the world, the alt-right and the SJWs would both ignore this out of each of their respective principles. Instead, this shit is gonna have 40 variants for issue #1, so it's gonna be a fucking hit.

Fuck the Big2.

If the character isn't good enough to warrant a new name it doesn't warrant creation at all.

>15 year old girl enrolled in MIT and is smarter than Tony and also already made the iron man suit

Wait, really? I'm not following Bendis Iron Man so I don't know - a 15yo made this, by herself [spoilers]IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS![/spoilers]?

Fuck me this makes no sense. Stark is one of the top 5 smartest minds of Earth and has a billion-dollar company bankrolling his escapades. How the fuck can a 15yo without the requisite millions of dollars build her own suit? Unless she's supernaturally intelligent, like, that's her superpower, it should be impossible for her to do that. Fuck, tell any MIT student to make an iPhone from scratch (without blueprints or insider knowledge) and see how well they do, and that's a fucking phone, not bleeding-edge personal mech hax technology.

And how would she even build one? From tinfoil?

So why the fuck they killed War Machine? Didnt he have a genius niece already?

Anyone find it funny that minorities have to consistently usurp characters and brands instead of coming out with their own, original works?

It's not about diversity or equality, it's about taking something away from a perceived foe.

Because only people of color can make people of color characters, amiright?

So suck off the new Black Pan- I mean, Black Lives Matter faggots.

>Pepper Potts will never lead a book as Rescue
Fuck this gay Earth.

And why another OC taking over an established legacy, new characters please, its not like this is going to be a long term iron man thing so why not just make her a new derivative like warmachine or rescue?

>abloo abloo another minority character ruining our capeshit
These people then turn around and without a hint of self-awareness proclaim that Kamala Khan is "a cute".

Jjust ignore the shitposters, once Riri actually starts getting published you know they will all be singing a different tune.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

>minorities
but Bendis is white

That hair makes my dick fat.

Because she is literally a Mary Sue. The most original aspect of her character is her race and sex. She doesn't even have a new name.

It's fucking pathetic and sad and a desperate attempt to keep your failing industry relevant

It's pretty much "She'll spend 12 issues as Iron Man, decide on a new name and spin off as that and Tony will be Iron Man next year."

I guarantee it.

I'm still mad at him for killing War Machine off. Bendis will never get my money. Everyone really should follow suit.

You seem perturbed.

Isn't he jewish?

He's working on behalf of minorities so he can feel morally superior.

How is she going to get that helmet past her hair?
Is that her superpower?

>more white old dudes writing young poc

it would be hilarious if whoever's on doom's book is a super diverse team

I agree. If they planned this out ahead of time (if being the key word) then they should have had, say, a teen super book where she makes suits for four or five of her friends and eventually makes a giant robot they can all merge into, power rangers style. Let her build up some friendships and some enemies and figure out and build up the character. People would be picking up the backissues right now or talking about her old fights and stories and weather or not she's a legit choice for Iron Main instead of only going on, positive or negative, just about how she's a black girl.

Just like Whor right?

>mere observations makes you Sup Forums now

Where have you been? Comics have been coasting off shock value for years to sell issues. Nobody gives a shit about Pepper, but if IRON MAN IS A BLACK TEENAGE GIRL? That's trendy, it raises eyebrows.

Even if people only buy the first issue to realize it's fucking garbage, it's money

The writer has two black daughters ironically

Jewish people are not a real minority. They're most superrich and run most media outlets and somehow have tricked the Sojus to treating them like POC. They're the butt of some jokes but they're not oppressed anymore.

That's taking hipster to a whole new level.

Tell me one thing about this character that stands out and isn't a rip off of the original.

So basically she's like War Machine except with a vagina?

Isnt Doom a gypsy? That would work great

Is there even any white males on the Avengers anymore?

Marvel should make her a BLM leader, that's hip and trendy right?

You're the one making the claim. You tell me.

We all know that this will tank after the first issue and she will be relegated to support roles and will eventually be killed off to show how big the stakes are in the next big crossover event.

So Sup Forums, have you accepted that Sup Forums is always right yet?

Better not let Danny Rand near her

Well it's clearly not a rip off of the original but I also can see logic in the original argument.

But I also can not grasp the logic behind "X should be replaced with a minority!"

Don't you want your own things? I'm gay and I'll take Midnighter over "Hey Ice Man is gay now!" anyday. I guess I want my own shit but I don't want to see other things changed for my sake. That's dumb.

Marvel and Bendis repeating a plot. It's truly not a meme at this point.

I wonder how long before the BBC decides to follow suit and make the 13th Doctor a black woman. I know there is already a new black companion, but you know eventually there will be a black and/or woman Doctor.

I have just seen a thread about this on Sup Forums and it was interesting to see how non-comic book readers reacted to it.

No. They're just tired of Bendis being Marvels black teen voice

I do not like this lady

My claim what that there isn't anything other than her race and sex that make her stand out.

How fucking autistic are you you fucking retard? Are you asking me to go prove myself wrong? If you think this is anything less than senseless pandering, retconning, and lazy writing (young teen already in MIT and already smarter than Tony and already made the iron man suit and will also call herself iron man) it falls on you to defend your position.

Your autism is flaring up.

At this rate, the only white cis male that will remain in the Marvel universe will be Red Skull.

That's because you're racist and sexist.

There's literally never been a good ironman run and in fact nobody really cared about the character until the movies.

And Daredevil.

That's always a pretty loaded question, not every other non-sjw opinion is exclusively Sup Forums.

Why so offended by black people bud?

Why is she a 15 year old? Fucking Bendis.

I imagine Sup Forums reacted with baneposting.

I'm not the one making the claim so the burden is on you. Also, nice madpost.

>HEY EVERYONE. WE JUST ADDED ANOTHER BLACK HERO AND GOT RID OF ANOTHER DISGUSTING STRAIGHT WHITE MALE. LOOK AT HOW DIVERSE AND TOLERANT WE ARE. please buy it

Thread is deleted now sadly but it was interesting.

She's been around for, what, three issues?

I really like the run where Rhodes is Iron Man. It's probably just nostalgia though. It was the only run I read as a kid.

>She identifies herself as a male.
Now, that could be interesting.

Please refrain from posting your stale, tired, boring, lame, unfunny, unoriginal, racist, sexist, idiotic shtick outside of your containment board, .

>BENDIS
>B E N D I S
>Bendis
It's shit. At best, we'll get harmless Miles Morales level babying, at worst, the moron will try to make some kind of political point that blows up in his face.

He's right. Comics have been around forever and they're still retarded toys meant for children.

There was a brief flash of brilliance decades ago, but that opportunity has passed.

It's time to accept that comics will never go anywhere as a medium.

Sorry Sup Forumsumblr

You sound hella triggered. I bet you've never read a single ironman comic in your life, but now you will.

Unless you read Franco Belgian works.

Reposting:
>Riri is a science genius who enrolls in MIT at the age of 15. She comes to the attention of Tony when she builds her own Iron Man suit in her dorm.

>In the latest issue of Iron Man, Tony is in a lab talking to himself, and he’s already aware that there’s some student at M.I.T. that’s reverse-engineered one of his old armors all by herself in her dorm room. He’s aware of her immediately.

Jesus Christ, that's as Mary Sue as you can get. I bet she's working on getting her Iron Man suit to change color as well.

>Bendis
It'll be shit regardless of if its Riri, Rhodey or Tony behind the wheel.

We wuz iron manz and sheeeet

>a science genius who enrolls in MIT at the age of 15

I already hate the character

> Tumblr
Nice boogyman.

Is it another color or sex change?
OH SHIT THIS TIME ITS BOTH
Were hitting new levels of progressiveness here!

>teen
Technically I don't think she's a teen. Isn't she like 20-21 or something? Probably old enough to drink so that Bendis can rehash demon in a bottle.

Just wait, looking out your window or keeping your eyes open in public will be Sup Forums tier in couple of years.

>huge nigress hair
>fitting inside a helmet

Just from that alone the writers are fucking retarded. It takes a lot of fucking work to make the hair poof out like that and it would suffocate her if she put on a form fitting helmet.

First thing I thought when I saw "15 years old" was MUH DICK!

uh

nigger please go

>I defend the honor of Africans on Sup Forums

Please go and stay go

>no fun allowed

>reading Big2
It's like watching a cape movie and saying movies aren't art

Where's the Times article for that back then? Also I doubt many people would have cared if Rhodes became Iron Man again.

But he got Bendis'd.

Why not just call her Iron Woman? That's legit my only gripe.

>bleedingcool.com/2016/07/06/dc-rebirth-brutalises-marvel-comics-over-advance-reorders/
>retailers are rushing to up their orders for DC Comics’ Rebirth titles, mleaving Mavel titles in the dust. Only Captain America: Steve Rogers #3 gets a look in, on the back of it’s Hail Hydra revelations, with Civil War II getting Marvel 2 in the top 15 – and DC the remaining 13.

lel