What are cheap and easy meals you make in your country?

What are cheap and easy meals you make in your country?

I make chili each week but I am getting sick of it and need more ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRg-aez0WLc&lc=Ugy3_lwlmlrOhkcVcA54AaABAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i just made chicken noodles. Chicken breasts, parsley, seasoning, salt, broth, butter, chicken soup, noodles. cook for 5 hours on low (slow cooker)

Stirfry. Tacos. Peanut butter sandwiches

Stroganoff, rice, beans, spaghetti, grilled steak, and every kind of salad it's usually pretty cheap. It's outrageous how much a restaurant charge for a meal in my country when I can do it home for so much less.

This.

broth simmered rice with vegetables and some meat is easy enough

Chicken and rice with green beans is my weekly cheap and easy.

Sometimes I get a frozen lasagna from the store that's like $10 and makes an easy 4 servings.

Grilled cheese and soup.
Stew
Yogurt + Granola
omelettes
steak and potatoes
salad
meat pies

How do you do the chicken?

Usually pan fry it, sometimes I do it in the oven. Got fancy and breaded it once.

Hotdogs.

Tacos.

Hamburger helper.

Macaroni and cheese.

Spaghetti.

Your mom's pussy.

Nistipata/junkie stew is pretty popular among students, unemployed, actual junkies etc. It's minced meat with macaroni pasta add salt and you are done. If you want to be fancy you can add an onion.

baked chicken breast with rice

pasta with garlic and olive oil

I make chicken breasts with potatoes and onion. Just cover everything with olive oil, lime juice, salt & pepper and shove it into the oven for 50 minutes

why would you cook chicken breast for five hours?

right here, famalam

Because you fell asleep.

it's a slow cooker. That's a typical cook time for meat on low

but it doesn't make any sense
just use a normal pot and cook it for 30 minutes

You sick son of a bitch

quiche is pretty easy.

No.

conejo al ajillo (rabbit with garlic), I assume you have a shitton of these animals

Instant noddles.

just crack open one of these bad boys whenever hungry and low on cash

>eating canned beans

You yuropeeans don't deserve it...

hey, it's in tomato sauce. tastes great

sometimes when I'm feeling extra festive I even heat the contents

just pasta with something like pesto dumped on it, only literal tards can't cook this, so its good for me

I believe they're cheaper if you buy them in natura.
mix them with cheap pieces of pig and you'll have a finnish feijoada.
It's worth the work, try it at least once!

youtube.com/watch?v=iRg-aez0WLc&lc=Ugy3_lwlmlrOhkcVcA54AaABAg

Fried Baltic herrings with mash.

Frozen preseasoned vegetables with rice or whatever type of legume I happen to have and whatever kind of meat I can afford. I don't do anything fancy with the things I actually cook myself, just basic seasonings, so it's all quick and easy to make.

but I like eating beans out of the can. it makes me feel cool like zz top
baltic herrings in tomato sauce straight out of the tin are also good

-pasta (al pomodoro, aglio olio e peperoncino, carbonara, pesto, lasagne, etc)
-salads (just put whatever you want with vinegar, olive oil, salt)
-change recipe with beans as base
-make more complicated dishes

excluding salads, you can freeze these then you can eat them whenever you want

canned tuna and rice, theres heaps of different flavours and its pretty healthy

Instant noodles, but not the typical way you'd expect:
>melt typical size knob of butter
>sauté black pepper, garlic and one dried chilli (cut) until fragrant
>sauté curry flavouring powder also until fragrant and kinda bubbly
>pour water just enough to cover half of noodles
>let noodles boil until slightly soft
>add beaten egg as thickener
And voilà!

Another suggestion for quick snack (a traditional one where I come from):
>slice one medium sized red onion
>steep the shredded onion in some water to get the flavour out (my own innovation)
>add flour, salt and white pepper - make sure flour:water ratio enough for batter to be a bit thick but still easy to stir
>deep fry in oil until slightly golden
>onion fritters - serve with your favourite hot or sour sauce of choice (I like mine with Japanese mayo)

Unironically pasta, you can feed yourself for 25 cents per day with half kilo of pasta without dressing.(of course i would advise investing somethign in dressing, but if you are real tight pasta is crazy cheap)

I make this but I buy the unflavored cans of tuna. Would be cool if you can give ideas on what to add with the rice as I don't like artificially flavored stuff.

I wanted to buy some but most of the toppings require olive oil/butter to make properly and this is too expensive for me.

then just use some tomato sauce (look for sugo di pomodoro) with some pieces of pancetta or bacon
or just buy those ready made sauces

instant noodles
everyone eats it whether you're a single guy/girl or a familyman/woman

I get canned tomatoes and can maybe get some cheap meat (not sure about bacon though).

Is it OK to do onions and tomato sauce in canola oil or will this fuck it up beyond repair. Olive is just too expensive.

i usually have oatmeal porridge and some eggs when i'm feeling lazy

Röshti (grated fried potatos) with whatever there is around. Pasta with tommato sauce, onion, garlic and bacon. Cheese, bread and red wine.

Leczo (pronounced lecho)
onions
tomatoes
paprika
most vegetables or ok really
some kind of meat (sausage recomended)

you brattle everything untill you have something like pic related
if you feel fancy you can fry the sausage and onions a little bit before adding them to the pot.

A tropical fruit, perhaps?

1. Defrost pita.
2. Put Sirachia in it.
I really like Ike just bread and Sirachia sause. Not healthy though, I should find something else.

I'm making pita with lamb meatballs, hummus, chickpeas and vegetables now. Also some hot sauce, I can't really eat this without it.

Meillä tuo makaronimössöä

You can put cheese in a pita and microwave it until melt, and then add hot sauce.

cook 500g of pasta in one pot
take another pan, put chicken breast (cut into pieces) and after a few minutes some vegetables (garlic, spinach, cherry tomatoes, whatever you want), season with black pepper and whatever else you want and cook for a few more mins.
spill the contents into the pasta, add a can of pesto sauce, parmesan, a bit of olive oil.
congrats, you have dinner for 5 days