The world is a much more progressive positive tolerant place than it was in the past...

The world is a much more progressive positive tolerant place than it was in the past. The media is doing their best effort to ensure this despite the outbreaks of violence across the world. This is why there will be for the first time ever a transgender superhero. This will either come from MARVEL Entertainment or DC Entertainment. The odds of the former are higher.

Now who will portray such a hero in either likeness or actual performance? None other than the token transgender actor known for her role as Sophia Burset on Netflix's Orange is the New Black as well as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the upcoming 2016 film The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Laverne Cox.

Now let us have a civilized conversation about such a character in both a realistic and non-stereotypical fashion. Leave the bullshit on .

I know its not a DC or Marvel comic, but if they ever made a movie franchise out of the Saga comics, she would be perfect for Gwendolyn

uh this isn't Sup Forums related.

You pulled all of this shit out of your ass and there is no way you're going to get a civil conversation on any board on this website.
Just because Laverne Cox is trans doesn't mean she needs to play a trans character, that's counterproductive and when you actually think about it for more than a minute, transphobic.

Well, I'm not sure about transphobic, but it definitely reeks of tokenism.

You would never be able to write a believable trans character in either universe where technology makes something as simple as gender reassignment completely trivial.

To have a transwoman exclusively play trans characters comes with the implication that they're not valid as a woman.

As well as being a one note actor (actress?)

Inb4 minding it's pronouns

Everyone I could think if is a shapeshifter.

How about a transgender super villain? I mean, degenerates should be evil. I want that monster to be punched repeatedly by Batman and co. Thanks for the great idea.

>she

LOL

>Rocky Horror Picture Show remake

Everytime someone mentions a trans hero or lack there of I want to know why Shining Knight doesn't count? Also, why does no one suggest Sophie Campbell pitch an idea for one?

She's playing Frank-N_Furter? A black transylvanian DISGUSTING.

I miss when transsexual used to mean changing your sex/gender to the opposite one. That was the core issue in somebody suffering from gender dysphoria. But now trans-whatever just have to be their own, "non-binary", custom-tailored genders because something something Patriarchy, something something Gender-Fluidity.

what the fuck are you even saying
I'm pretty sure I agree with you, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.

It still works that way unless you listen to morons making shit up.

>Let's be progressive by encouraging the idea of societal gender roles

What are you getting at?

The whole idea of being transgender is based in the idea of gender roles; that gender defines how you act and are treated.

jesus christ tim currys barely even dead yet

That's just how liberals think.
>I refused to wear any labels!
>I'm a transqueer aroflux anatogender pachycephalosexual pan-woman

No, I think you're mistaken. The idea of "genderfluid" on the other hand is reinforces gender roles which is why it makes me so angry.

>an ideal society will erase race
How is that ideal? Shouldn't the top picture say white nurse and white fireman?

They both do. Separating gender and sex at all is rooted in the idea of inequal treatment of men/women.

Most people in western society see white as "default", and so they don't see a white fireman. They just see a fireman.

Yeah but that's only true because the majority of people in those societies are white. I'm sure that in places like Japan or Korea they would add "white" as a prefix. It's not really that big of a deal I think.

We only need a tranny villain or hero if she's sexy. And has rockin' tits and a big dick bulge. Otherwise, no real reason to include them.

It's not a big deal, but ideally race wouldn't be something people think about any more than hair or eye color.

I'm under that impression that being transgender is a mental thing. Like gender dysphoria, and all that.

She isn't a good actress and it has absolutely nothing to do with her being trans. She's not good.

>transsexual
>big dick
pick one

>The world is a much more progressive positive tolerant place than it was in the past.

I'll let Alton Sterling know.

Preording Iron-Riri btw.

I meant to type out just "dick bulge". Doesn't have to be big, not necessarily. Just noticeable and distracting.

granny's can't help it.

A place that can't help but perpetuate the lie that being a tranny isn't a mental illness.