End of season crisis resolved by the power of friendship

>end of season crisis resolved by the power of friendship
>homeworld incursion defeated by baseball match

The baseball match was the worst shit imaginable and proved everyone in SU is retarded.

The rubies are retarded for obeying this request, the CG are retarded for going with it, ruby and sapphire are retarded for botching it, Steven is retarded for suggesting it.

This ensures that SU can never be taken seriously.

Who even watches this retarded shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKDlqdsw1i8
youtube.com/watch?v=W5KckytsmPA
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only way SU can redeem itself is by introducing some actual villains that can't be defeated through the power of love

you apparently

>he didn't like hit the diamond

>>homeworld incursion defeated by baseball match
that wasn't an incursion that was yellow diamond sending a small trope of morons to recover jasper before earth explodes.

It is as if...
as if it were a cartoon for children...

Bait thread, but I'll bite anyway.

>Rubies are retarded

Explicitly stated and shown during the episode. I mean fuck Doc Ruby (their leader) can barely count to five.

>Crystal Gems are retarded
No, just so completely dedicated to Steven that they'll do whatever he says. He's saved them all multiple times- he's the one who calls the shots now (while Garnet still is the tactical/combat focused leader)

>Steven is retarded
No, he's just naive and panicked. Sapphire already said to resolve it without violence, and Amethyst had handed him a baseball bat. He put two and two together.

That was probably the point, if the planet exploded, you only loose some Rubies.

Well, I never! How could you dare to suggest something so farfetched? I'll have no part of this discourse. Good day, sir!

What level of retarded do these dunces need to be to go
>Herp derp me great gem warrior
>herb derp me above inferior organics
>Wait what, I need to do this ritual to go into the barn?
>I can ignore and destroy these inferior humans or...
>Lets obey every command procedure of their idiotic ritual!
>If we fail we tell our commander the humans did not allow us to go in!

I really liked it as a filler episode and it fun for the characters involved, but it should have been them playing with the Cool Kids or something. It totally paints Homeworld as this incompetent empire with a brainless military, when everything we've been told proves the opposite. Hell, I'd be willing to believe the excuse was after the war, this was all that was left, but Jasper is enough evidence to prove otherwise.

>Extremely retarded children

>Months from now...

>CG finally go to Homeworld
>The whole season is a build up to their confrontation with Yellow Diamond
>Solved in 15 minutes

Fair enough, I can see your concern.

>Solved in 3 minutes

Fixed that for you the episodes are 10 minutes long.

That's a retarded excuse, if they want to make a show with a certain level of quality, they should stick to it, not just take the easy way when they need to solve a problem and go "oops, lets make it dumb and cartoony".

They're stupid, but they're not boars.

That actually would have helped them not fall for it.
They're JUST smart enough to understand procedure and routine, but not smart enough to make proper judgement calls and tell when such routine is coming from a misleading source.
They're basically a beginner AI. Something like Jasper, a real soldier, is much better at making these kinds of calls, as evident from how she called off the Cluster mission so they could deliver the remnants of the Crystal Gems and Rose fucking Quartz to Yellow Diamond.

I don't know for who this cartoon is really is.

Its to frightening and psychologically scarring to be for really young children.

It takes itself to seriously to be a comedy in the style of bugs bunny.

And it has this levels of crap thrown in it.

Its like someone took unrelated ideas and mixed them together to form a show.

I would not trust a ruby to walk in a straight line at the enemy (if the enemy tells them to go back they will obey).

>when everything we've been told proves the opposite

From whom? Ex-Homeworld Gems and the Crystal Gems? Who are alien as fuck and don't know what words mean?

The "gem empire is a complete ruin after the war" theory

Frightening and psychologically scarring cartoons for children have been a thing since cartoons exist annon.
>I don't know for who this cartoon is really is
wat

I think with Hit the Diamond they were trying to go for something like what the Boondocks or Samurai Champloo did with their respective episodes wherein they play sports for some reason. The main difference being that Samurai Champloo and the Boondocks are both better shows.

Enjoy your nightmares kids.

I think the point is more that you don't send Rubies to do anything where there'd be a competent/sentient enemy against them without supervision.

Seems YD still believes there's no one of threat on Earth, so she sent an idiot squad to simply pick up Jasper and head back.

Rekt

How did you watch so many damn episodes then if you dislike the show and its characters?

Plenty of homeworld gems speak perfect english despite having never been to earth, as do the crystal gems who have spent decades on earth interacting with humans. What could possibly lead you to believe they don't have a good grasp of the language?

If they wanted them to play sports themmight have peri or Steven or Greg come to the CG and say.

>Hey we finished the cluster lets relax with this thing.
And the CG are introduced to a sport and are all like
>hat is this how do I play this, so interesting.
Like they did it with the birthday episode.

The way they did it made YD and the rest of the gem empire look retarded.

Gems don't speak English they speak GEM-is its only primitive humans who picked up this advanced language while they where evolving and copied it like parrots.

This is why everyone speaks GEM-is.

meh, I mean its not like Yellow Diamond was gonna send her A team considering she was probably worried that the Cluster was going to emerge and kill everyone

if anything she probably sent her literally most expendable team of all

Jasper isn't important enough to risk losing anyone who is actually good at their job

Yeah, or, it's a cartoon and you're a faggot.

Seriously this is the answer people.

>he thinks gems are supposed to be smart
hahahaha they're dumb as fuck

A extremely dumb cartoon.

An extremely goofy movie

It also kinda makes sense from a story point, since they really CAN'T have YD send her real menacing forces yet.
The Gems simply weren't ready for a big invasion of any sort.
They kinda are getting there though, since we now have the Cluster setting up for a big Earth defense thing.
Also, if that orb on the moon is somehow related to the Geode, then that'll also likely come in when they do a real invasion event.

Did Jasper get redeemed?

Nope. The show got rid of her in the worst way possible

The Z team of gems is a embarrassment to every gem in existence why YD did not purge and exterminate every rubies in existence is a mystery.

>hahahaha they're dumb as fuck

This makes me think are they really this level of retarded that they can not bang 2 rocks together?

Makes you think how do these gems have technology?
>Muh gem master race

not yet and it might never happen

They're obviously smart in a technical sense. They just have no common sense for some reason. They have to rely on Steven, a preteen boy, for their source of common sense most of the time.

Maybe the way they're bred to serve one purpose fucks with their minds. It's probably better to have dumb strong gems sometimes.

presumably they have their uses

honestly I think they just needed someone better in charge, having a Ruby lead Rubies seems like a poor choice

>I can't take this children's cartoon seriously

Makes parody movies where everyone is supposed to be retarded on purpose (attack of the killer tomato's) look like masterpieces with geniuses.

You can not make up this level of retarded, you must be born with it.

Even if that were the case, that would mean the gems had the best grasp of the language since it was their own, and the idea that they can't properly convey what homeworld is like through language seems even less justifiable.

>It totally paints Homeworld as this incompetent empire with a brainless military
Maybe if it was a team of different kinds of gems, but this episode's point seemed to be that it's just the Rubies who are idiots.

And considering that as far as they know the Cluster would still be a threat, I think sending them to get Jasper was just a courtesy thing and they wouldn't care if it wound up that Jasper or the Rubies wound up dead.

She might eventually, but not for a while. She probably knows a ton about the rebellion, homeworld, and especially Rose, and I imagine that they want to keep a lot of that under wraps for now. We'll probably get to a certain point where Jasper's knowledge wouldn't be too revealing before we see her for extended periods of time again.

The most retarded people of all are the Diamonds.

>Let's design shock-troops for our galactic empire
>Better make them borderline retarded and almost completely unable to function in combat effectively.
>Can't go wasting resources on nonsense like "tactical strategy" or "ability to carry out orders without being constantly monitored and corrected by superiors".

>Maybe the way they're bred to serve one purpose fucks with their minds. It's probably better to have dumb strong gems sometimes.

1) Lars is the smartest human in the show
2) Lars manipulated a fat girl into doing his work for free
3) Lars will manipulate the rubies into becoming the gem king
4) You can not unsee this now

The Rubies aren't the shock troopers

Jaspers are the freaking shock troopers

Rubies are just the generic masses designed to not think very much and do as they are told, which is why the real problem with this mission was the Ruby in a leadership role

but again YD probably doesn't actually care about Jasper so she just sent some idiots she didn't care about to find her

YD is retarded is she did not exterminate all rubies and replace them with other gems.

Rubies are a waste of space.

The 90s and even early 00s had cartoon "for children" as well, and those didn't shy away from having some action and genuine fights from time to time, if not every episode.

Whatever happened between the 90s and 00s that killed action and grittiness in Western media? Was 9/11 really that bad?

>CG
coconut gun?

CG=Crystal Gems

Ruby names, go!
>Ruby (of course)
>Jewby
>Newby
>Luby
>Cuby
>Tuby
>Chuby
>Gooby

SU is a SJW cartoon(the writers are SJW) this will answer your question.

SJ happened .

Ready your stomach for this shit.
Those cartoons taught about violence to solve problems, not to "de escalate violence and solve the problem".

I would agree but honestly I don't even know who their trying to aim for in their demographic

>Maybe the way they're bred to serve one purpose fucks with their minds. It's probably better to have dumb strong gems sometimes.

This is a interesting theory YD is lobotomizing her population to have absolute control over her subjects.

youtube.com/watch?v=FKDlqdsw1i8

Then she mustn't be all that brilliant and effective, if she needs her minions to be of below-average intelligence.

After the ruby episode the threat level of the gem empire dropped from
"Non existent"
to
"Impossible to take seriously or laugh at".

The big bads where impossible to ever take seriously and now they dropped to below ZERO and acre actually negative.

Wait are you saying An Extremely Goofy Movie is shit?

Another theory gems are retarded robots, they have programing for maintaining the existing technology however their empire is rapidly collapsing do to the fact that they are incapable of thinking outside of their programing they are retarded and can never learn.

Gems where created to be robots for their biological masters who ruled the galaxy however they died out yet the gems stayed behind and are continuing with the prime managers like YD taking command.

They are slowly collapsing and will never have any power.

TL;DR they are roombas after humans died out.

>Wait are you saying An Extremely Goofy Movie is shit?
No.

Movies that tried to portray retarded characters on screen for comedy failed in comparison to SU rubies.

SU rubies out retarded everyone.

Yes

>roombas
You mean goombas.

My biggest problem with this kind of thinking is that it implies SU is wimping out when in reality the entire point of the show is to solve problems without violence. You can call that lame if you want, but I don't think it's "shying away" so much as that is not the message or story it wants to convey. I do think we need more action in cartoons, but I don't think SU is flawed for not being one of those cartoons.

>end of season crisis
You mean mid-season crisis.

SU overtones are extremely gay.
Its not that solving things without violence is gay its that the whole universe has this gayness to it that you can detect.

youtube.com/watch?v=W5KckytsmPA

Pictured the lies and self contradictions of this non violent cartoon. Remember kids violence is never the answer only we do it all the time to solve problems.

Wait why are people acting like there's no fighting in this show

A couple episodes we had Super Watermelon Island, solved through violence

Yeah, perhaps the issue is that there's no contrast. Nothing to balance it out.

>SU can never be taken seriously.
The only people that take the show seriously are you and other dumb ignorant shitposters looking to start shitty hate threads like this. Steven Universe is a lighthearted kid-friendly show, it's not meant to be take completely serious even if such moments exist in the show, keep that in mind.

Yep complete hypocrisy.
Or these people are watching some alternative version of the show from a alternative universe.

Or these people have selective amnesia
>SU promotes solving problems with no violence
>What a episode where violence is the answer?
>Selective amnesia activate AAaaaand its forgotten.

Why did Garnet even split up if Ruby and Sapphire weren't going to bother putting any effort into maintaining the ruse? Can't believe we didn't get baseball uniform Garnet just because they wanted an excuse to shove the stupid midgets into the episode.

>this gayness to it that you can detect
yeah that statement doesn't sounds at all homophobic or bigoted

Burn the gays, stone the lesbians.
>homophobic or bigoted
Nice one showing what a SJW you are. The fandom for this shit pile is 100% SJW faggots.

SU in a nutshell for everyone who is not a self delusional black, tumbler, SJW tyranny.

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

reactionary trash, go back to Sup Forums

There's a lot of problems you wouldn't be able to solve without violence and "actual fucking alien invasion" should be one of them.

>thumbnail looks fine
>title seems fine
>hit play
>28 minutes
Nope. Been down that road way too many times and it's never been worth it. Always just some boring faggot repeating the same problem for half an hour.

Its actually extremely funny and humorous.

>I have ADHD and no capability to sit down and finish anything
You don't say.

>leftist trash, go back to tumblr

>Booby

So this video is a bunch of funny memes? k

>making this thread twice in one day
I propose that it is in fact you, sir, who is the retard.

That's what happens when you have a military with no foes beyond some rowdy gems and maybe some algae on a planet you are converting into a colony.

Homeworld would probably get BTFO if they fought humans without using future vision extensively and without resorting to simply incinerating the entire planet's surface from orbit.

>Who even watches this retarded shit?
Not kids, obviously.

5 minutes in and it isn't worth it. Some of the criticism is legitimate, but most of it is bullshit and the effects and maymays are very annoying.

Pretty sure it's satire. I've seen the whole thing and the last few minutes just cut to a speech by Hitler with various pieces of footage from WWII combined with text discussing how we need to secure our future for our children and so on.

Welcome to the alt right.
They are Nazis and they are self aware
>SU is jew propaganda
I burst out laughing in the beginning where he screams like a insane man
>A JEW!!!!!!
And a entire list with people marked to be jews scrolls.

>Thinking you can excuse poor quality by saying "itz fur kidz!"

Did they purposely put that meme pose in just for that?