Civil War II: Kingpin #1 Storytime

This was a surprisingly good issue

>First two panels are Shocker and Boomerang
Already off to a great start

>They lock us up for things we might do
I'm pretty sure 99% of Marvel villains are fugitives with a criminal record.
More importantly, we haven't actually seen any Minority Report arrests yet.

I don't get it. Why is Kingpin so pissed about it? Jigsaw brings up a good point. They're already fugitives who've broken countless laws.

>Monica btfo

>Sam btfo

Why the fuck don't they just arrest the Kingpin for all the cimes he's already committed? Why isn't the FBI all over him again?

And why the fuck don't they arrest Lady Bullseye, Ox and Turk?
They definetly have criminal records and are on the run from the law.
JUST ARREST THEM. THEY'RE ACTUAL CRIMINALS. THIS ISN'T A MINORITY REPORT SCENARIO.

This art is real wonky

>You facists are arresting people whenever you want to
IT'S THE OWL AND MADAMME MASQUE.
WANTED FUGITIVE CRIMINALS.
I'm sorry, but this just doesn't work.

>I'm not gonna arrest you. Yet
Again, why not?
Fisk claims they're arresting people for stuff they might do, so why don't they arrest Fisk for stuff he's actually done?

Seriously? Since when does Fisk have a reputation as a man of the people that cares about minorities?

Turk seems surprisingly competent now. I guess that explains why Fisk hired him back after all his failures/betrayals. Either that or desperation.

Kingpin seems to be jumping to conclusions here. Yes, Ulysses makes predictions, but he doesn't predict EVERYTHING. There's no way he can track every single crime ever.

>Another man's costume
>Blonde lady took your name
>Can't all be good ones
Kingpin's bein' savage.

>I know your rule about trafficking!
Fisk had a rule about trafficking? That's news to me, I recall several stories that say otherwise.

Pretty sure Kingpin got pardon foir most of his crimes. And Doc Ock destroyed many evidence in his 'Let's attack Fisk with an army' thing.

>Madame Masque in a mask that small
Boo.

When did Inferno become a supervillain?

In Ms. Marvel he predicted a grocery store robbery in Jersey City

He's predicting everything. Except his own kidnapping

End

Marko cleaned up real good after Spider-man 2099 kicked the shit out of him.

But Shocker's couch is normal.

>using "SUGAR" as a sound effect

Clever.

>Pretty sure Kingpin got pardon foir most of his crimes
No he didn't. In fact, he was kicked out of the country and told that if he ever came back they'd arrest him, but then never did.

Remember how The Godfather starts? He's a mob boss. It's what mob bosses do.

You take a minority community that can't or won't trust the police to settle their issues and protect them. The thing is, they still need people to do those things for them. So you get a guy with a team of muscle who sets up as the community's own private police force. They'll settle disputes and suppress troublemakers and protect businesses, all in return for a tax on the people they police. That's how you start a Mafia.

At first, when they're doing right by their own community, that's where the stories about noble gangsters chasing out the real scum come from. Only unlike a public police force they've got zero transparency or accountability. So they've got all the same problems a real police force has with corruption and abuse of powers, times ten.

Now, who can name everyone?

>I never wanted you find out!

He did say he knew some people who could help him "make sure this never happens again" after he got curbstomped.

He never got a pardon, he just used his connections to weasel his way out and threaten anyone that went after him.
Except now he clearly has no connections anymore, and doesn't have enough cash or resources to bribe or threaten anyone.

No "active" crimes commited by him yet.

He's clearly the good guy in this poorly thought out morals-wise comic.

Really? No hero in all of new York cares about people going missing? Cause they are immigrants or something?

Good for Night Thrasher getting the push during this event. He's popping up everywhere!

Did Night Thrasher join the Black Illuminati?

Now that's a fucking terrigenesis sequence.

So uh... when did Inferno become a villain?

It's very good. The art looks strange.

Man, i was gonna say "another fucking inhuman", but this transformation is cool.

I thought Sam Wilson was on Team Tony

Bump

They might be on parole.

>That clock
It took at least 4 minutes for that page to happen.

It's a gag that probably would have been more fitting with Bendis speak.

She's gotten a pretty face since her ex boyfriend started collecting infinity stones. It's only right that she wants to show it off.
He lost but he fixed her face when he could.

>heanous
Also, the cover lied, most of those villains weren't in it. Fucking ripoff

This might be good, Kingpin is always a guy with potential.

What's good about him, legally he's perfect, he can't be touched. Even though everyone knows he's the super mob boss, no one can touch him because his methods are down perfectly. Captain America watlzes in his door saying he's in trouble, Kingpin just says "Captain, good to see you, want a drink?" knowing that Cap can't legally do shit to him. If Cap touches him then its his ass that's getting sued. Depending on how it goes, no matter what Fisk does he could be technically in the right after you throw the first punch.

He's good at organizing all the crime in New York, staying in charge, and even if he's out in the open they can't bust him.

based kingpin, i find sad that i relate more with the villans than the heroes in this pandering era

>this art

illuminegros

yeah as much as I like the story the art isn't doing it for me.

Missing is a relative term. A roommate assumes they left for a new home, an employer assumes they quit.

What dark comic is that dark from?

Who's the black dude?

top tier bants

Turk.

The only one I can't figure out is the guy in the wool hat.

Nice outfit Slavpin, gonna play some dotka 2?

>>The enforcers
>>Lady Bullseye
>>Jigsaw
>>Hammerhead

People who've escaped prison that many times and committed as many crimes as these guys NEVER get parole. It takes years even for normal criminals.

>legally he's perfect, he can't be touched. Even though everyone knows he's the super mob boss, no one can touch him because his methods are down perfectly.
No, he can't be touched because of plot armor. The fact that the Kingpin isn't behind bars strains credibility since he's already been arrested countless times. In real life, mob bosses just can't get back up after that.

bump

>so orwellian
Thats not how it works

>some people want to have a physique like Captain America or other such jobbers
>I want to be built like Fisk

Any Marvel villain who's ever been arrested - which, basically, is almost all of them, aside from cosmic folks - is going to have been convicted and sentenced to at least dozens of years in prison. If they're out and about on the streets it's as a result of their having escaped from prison. They're all wanted fugitives. You don't need to arrest them for things they are going to do, you just arrest them for escaping from prison. This Inhuman dude just needs to tell you where you're going to be able to find them and then you slap on the handcuffs.

It's not like vigilantes like Spider-Man or Daredevil go around testifying in court

When they get beat up and webbed and left for police with notes. It's not like there's a ton of evidence of their crimes. And they can claim they didn't get due process

There's tons of legal loopholes they can use to get off of theit charges or reduced sentences.

And there's shit like when Electro destroyed the Raft or the Regent was keeping them in gel so he could steal they powers. Marvel lawyers could get them out on technicalities of unsafe prison conditions.

And there's the Thunderbolts program

I haven't been reading Bendis' Iron Man, isn't Madame Masque in that, somewhat trying to be a good person? I stopped after 2 issues.

user, we've SEEN all of these criminals in prison before.

>It's not like vigilantes like Spider-Man or Daredevil go around testifying in court
>When they get beat up and webbed and left for police with notes. It's not like there's a ton of evidence of their crimes. And they can claim they didn't get due process
More importantly, who cares if Spidey and DD don't testify or whatever?
Super-Villain activities are quite public, there's mountains of evidence against them anyway. Are you telling me that there's no evidence linking the Shocker to that bank multiple witnesses saw him steal before he was beaten up? No evidence linking the Rhino to that rampage he was on?
If it were random muggers he found on patrol I could see your point though.

>There's tons of legal loopholes they can use to get off of theit charges or reduced sentences.
Not really, especially for repeated offenders that keep escaping prison.

>And there's shit like when Electro destroyed the Raft or the Regent was keeping them in gel so he could steal they powers. Marvel lawyers could get them out on technicalities of unsafe prison conditions.
That's not how anything ever works ever. Unsafe prison conditions aren't a get out of jail free card in real life (unsafe prisons are the norm in America). At most you could press charges or get moved to another prison, but you could never use it to reduce your sentence, much less be released at once.

>And there's the Thunderbolts program
Which has been dicontinued, and none of the villains in this issue were in it. They only accepted villains that they thought deserved a chance (guys like Crossbones and Mr. Hyde were meant to dissuade others from acting like them).

This cover is a lie. Only 4 of these guys actually show up in the issue.

>bawk bawk