Spider-Woman 09 Storytime

Did anyone ask for your monthly dose of Jessica Drew?

No?

well fuck you I'm doing it anyway

Before you ask, I haven't read this issue yet.

So previously, Jessica was in the Spider-Woman crossover. She had like one issue after that where she could have parenting antics, but spent most of the time fighting Tiger Shark or King Shark instead. But now Jessica has time to spend mommy time with her son, Gerry.

Oh hey Civil War II

So apparently it's only tangentially related to CWII? Bravo, Hopeless. You surprised me.

They finally naned the baby? And its a retarted name like Gerry?!

Yep. That was Jessica's son's name in MC2, which was like the Batman Beyond of Marvel way back when. So there's precedent.

Speaking of wendigos, who voted for one in the Killer Instinct character poll?

I chose the djinn option because I want to see a KI genie fight. That or a mermaid.

Aw, she just HAD to be in here.

I can't believe they actually put her in the Polar gear from that action figure variant cover

Are they going to make out or what?

That's it.

Thank you, three other posters reading this.

Next month: More Civil War II bullshit

Thank you for taking the time and posting, OP.

Ok. I laughed

is the bearded guy sexing her at least? does she pay him?

So at 20k without tie-in support and Marvel NOW! upcoming, will it be:
Cancelled
Renumbered with a flimsy excuse
Relaunched as Captain Marvel & Spider-Woman
or limp on for one more arc?

gods marvel
just make it canon and put them together

Nope. He has an ex-wife and daughter.

I call renumbering. Jessica Drew is Bendis' daughterfu.

>A Canadian restaurant that secretly feeds people other people so that they'll turn into Wendigos

Okay, that's pretty fucked up.

renumbered again

DADVERS

"the one with the butt"

Why is Canada in the Marvel Universe SO EVIL?

Marvel are Trudeaufags so it won't be for much longer.

I asked for it

>you are my person

that's...what even is that? who says that?

I just don't get the point of the kid, and the costume still sucks.

I actually have heard that before, like on TV or something. Usually after a speech though, like a "everyone has that person who (insert shit here) and you are my person"

he's her beard

Carol just looks like a clown

I'm pretty sure it's a line from a speech in Grey's Anatomy

Not super convincing when she spends most of this issue arguing with her wife.

those things are a self-fulfilling prophecy

Annnd like that I have a new otp.

I did watch a good amount of that back in the day, would explain why I recognized it

bump

I don't mind the costume but I miss the mask. Glasses are a boring.

heh

We could probably bait Sup Forums if we send them this saying SJW influence is getting to the point where it's supporting veganism.

So does Marvel ever have any intention of telling us what the fuck that cosmic mother fucker even was or what it was doing?

I doubt it.

according to Ewing's New Avengers, it's the very concept of a 'big scary comic event monster' given physical form

Sup Forums is too busy chimping out over that smart black girl being lined up as Tony Stark's new protege

God, how many of those threads are we going to have today, they've already pushed two GLA threads off. I hate it.

we're up to six of them already, they've started using tiny thumbnails to make them harder to recognize on the catalogue

New? thats been everyone's OTP for years.

I thought this would work better than it actually did.

Is this true, can i become a real furry just by eating people in Canada?

But i really liked that scene, was I not suppose to?

>And you wonder why nobody likes you
Ohhhh, that's getting used.

Has Spider-Woman remained this fun? I dropped out after she had the kid.

The Spider-Women thing was fun, though Jess was the least fun part of it. But honestly nothing has happened since dropping the baby and giving up the baby daddy.

Can't Spider-Woman fly?

I mean it never made sense why a spider could fly

Wait what this is the first I'm hearing about this and it sound kinda cool. And why was Ewing even involved?
Pics pls?

>and giving up the baby daddy
They.. they actually revealed it?
Or are you referring to the non-answer.

No, she uses the costume's wings to glide.

She can sort of float or glide.

>And why was Ewing even involved?

Well, Ewing writes the New Avengers, and they showed up during the fight against it. Wiccan was even on the Magic team. I can't remember what issue it was though, sorry.

...We're talking about Spider-Women, right?

Well I wasn't the guy who wrote , but I just saw Ewing and New Avengers and "cosmic mother fucker" and assumed you were all talking about the beginning of Civil War, when that big cosmic motherfucker showed up downtown...

Not the last time Jess had Carol between her legs.

Someone trying to cut shippers off at the knees

The sperm donor answer. But we all know it was Carol's DNA put in a sperm

>Thanks, it was a fun read.

. . .And Jess is back to being the incompetent who's only good at hitting things while Porcupine and Ben Ulrich get shit done.

For a so called "Feminist" book, it really doesn't live up to that.

So you're complaining that Jessica isn't completely 100% perfect at everything and needs help from a supporting cast of characters? Wow.

She would have done more if Carol wasn't such a needy and controlling bitch who wouldn't let Jess do her job

Well, her wife did the most work actually cleaning up the Wendigos, to be fair. And Urich only had like two lines.

That makes it actually more feminist than the others since the protagonist is allowed to be a real person

Well that was legitimately awful. When the hell is this shit going to get cancelled already?

We should know for sure next week with the previews (or if it's relaunched then maybe sooner).

This petty shit right here is the reason Marvel sucks now. This is not fun. It's dumb. More titles have this shitty, bitchy dialog in them now.

Also, this art is terrible.

In marvel, yes.

My gf says it occasionally desu

You know, Roger is doing pretty damn OK here, he is kinda custom designed to fight them if you think about it.

OH
MY
FUCKING
BASED
GOD
is taht the
PORCUPINE?

Uh, yeah, the fuck have you been

Carol looks like a trans and this colorist has no idea how to do make up well.

Pancake butt
this guy can't draw women

welcome to the CarolJess ship, we hope you enjoy your stay......

......though from the looks of next issue it might get rocky. :(

>when ur tryna raise ur kid but the bae wants ur help starting WWIII

Great, now to figure out how Gwen got there and do that, then move to Canada, and kill a person, before finally consuming them. Or maybe i just down some nightquill and go to bed

lol, saved.

.....saved

ok. I have a theory about CW2.

Here's what I think: After agreeing to work for Carol, Ulysses will have a vision about Hawkeye. Jess will investigate him, and since Hawkeye is her ex and she may still have feelings for him, she'll say the vision is bullshit. Cue massive Carol and Jess fight/breakup. Hawkeye and Jess flee.......and Hawkeye does exactly what Ulysses thought he would: try to kill Bruce Banner. Regardless of the outcome, Jess will be devastated. She dun goofed. I think she'll crawl back to Carol right before the big, final battle with the anti-profiling faction.....and Tony will shoot her, hurting her badly. This will be a callback to Rhodey being killed in issue one, except this time it's Tony who's more adult, realizing how badly he screwed up....and Carol will absolutely lose her shit, killing Tony Stark.

This ties into the Banner/Hulk/Hawkeye stuff that's about to happen. It explains why Bendis said Carol would be "buzzworthy" after the event. It explains why Tony's not in the Marvel relaunch pictures......or rather, he is, in a way. He'll be an AI backup of himself. So, if you look at the Marvel Now Again announcement art, Tony IS in the picture. He's in the helmet.

adding to that, I reckon when Hawkguy goes for Bruce, Cho will take the missile for him, and beaing wounded while close to Bruce will somehow allow Hulk to leap back to his original 'partner'.

While several characters have insisted Cho's Hulk is its own thing, reading the books creates the impression that no, it is very much Bruce's Hulk transplanted into Cho and he doesn't like being taken for joy rides