Watched Alien and Aliens yesterday

Watched Alien and Aliens yesterday.
Watched Alien 3 today.

It appears there is one left. Joss Whedon, don't let me down boy.

It's pretty great

It's by far the worst.

You should watch City of Lost Children after Resurrection. To clean the palate

Alien Rez is the true sequel to Aliens. Alien 3 is an abortion

lel

This shit was so stupid but winona is my wife so I had to see it

It joss whedons best movie he worked on, figures he hates it

This one has a happy ending at least. Plus it has xenos swimming. Overall underwhelming and down right silly in parts.

directors cut or theatrical? directors cut makes it good

First 30 minutes are nice, then it gets generic B movie/video game tier.

DC made a stupid movie even more so, that was ridiculous.

>ironic Resurrection fans

Resurrection is an good action film.

If you want a good horror film, watch Alien again.

Alien Resurrection is better than Alien 3 so you'll be fine.

Oh he's gonna let you down boy

>It appears there is one left

Don't forget the other 4 fucking Alien movies.

>He's right behind me, isn't he?

I enjoyed Alien 4 but only because I expected it to be a 0/10 and it was a 4/10

It's better than 3

I've seen every Alien movie except for 3 and Resurrection. Should I even bother with them?

Alien 3 is pretty good actually

Resurrection is mediocre, but not as bad as its reputation

Watch Alien 3 assembly cut, . Resurrection is just ok, not really worth it.

resurrection>3

resurrection knew exactly what it was doing and did it well. 3 was a fucking cluster fuck of awfulness regardless of which cut you watch. debate me

You're so pleb it hurts.

Contrarianism at its finest. Res was an abortion, brainless, a cash grab fanfiction (fucking "ripley Clone... basket sequence, etc). 90s trash.

Alien 3 assembly cut is kino.

I bet you love Batman Forever too.

this.

Both are shit and ruin the series. They should have stopped at 2.

>I bet you love Batman Forever too.

No, I love Batman and Robin.

Alien 3 revisionism is a meme. It really is just a bad movie, and I've seen the Assembly cut. It's like it took Alien and Aliens, removed everything that worked about each of them (the realism, atmosphere and fear of the unknown from Alien, the action-movie quality and overwhelming threat from Aliens), and mashed together what was left.

They're watchable, Resurrection's main problem is an insane tonal shift from the first three. See

you're so reddit it hurts

Alien movies follow a simple pattern.
>Alien: Horror movie done well
>Aliens: Action movie done well
>Alien 3: Horror movie done badly
>Resurrection: Action movie done badly

Of course you do, edgy pleb.

AR really felt like reading a comic book.

So what did you guys think of Prometheus? I thought the way it shadowed some of he themes of the first movie was interesting (the cyborg thing) and the way it explained some of the origins was cool too. Fell flat for me a few times tho, esp with the first facehugger scene

Honestly there was a tonal shift everytime. Watch Aliens right after Alien, it's jarring how it goes from unsettling cosmic horror to a well-made but pretty standard sci-fi action movie.

I hate Prometheus. The attempts to explain and give history to the aliens is a horrible idea that actively undermines what works about Alien in the first place. Planting a huge, crashed alien ship with a huge humanoid-alien carcass at the beginning of Alien really sets the stage that these characters are dealing with something totally unknown that could have been there for millennia. It loses all of its potency when Prometheus tries to give this explanation that the space jockey was some kind of proto-human and all the species' backgrounds are intertwined. It makes the title "Alien" defunct.

>Honestly there was a tonal shift everytime. Watch Aliens right after Alien
I've done that, they're actually far closer in tone than I ever gave them credit for.
Take your own advice.

delacatessen is also good by them

>real movie set and same alien aesthetic

10000000000000x better then prometheshit and alien coveshit

Out of the six movies, Resurrection is by far the biggest piece of shit.

>Watch Alien 3 assembly cut
Good taste. Alien 3 has the best atmosphere of the 3 movies and the assembly cut fleshes out the plot a bit and smooths off the rough edges.