What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

ifc.com/comedy-crib/the-mirror
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They fired Sam Hyde

They have only aired one good show in their entire history, and it wasn't even an original program

King of the Hill, for any plebs out there

they pandered to a crowd that realized the internet is way better

That, and the anime they play isnt even that good

Honestly, Tim and Eric. That's when it felt like the channel's identity changed.

They waited until their programs sucked to hire Marc M to do bumps.

Kind of agree, as a kid/teen I had the best time watching before that show took off.

>Space Ghost
>Sealab 2021
>ATHF
>Home Movies
>The Brak Show (not even that good but still)
>Harvey Birdman

They had a great line-up for a while there.

Sealab was the best btw.

their good original programming mostly ended, all they have is Rick and Morty now.

they should give Alan Resnick his own show. No specified format or theme, just throw a bunch of money at him and see what he comes up with.

Too much Fox syndication and no anime

Yes.

Alan Tutorial, Unedited Footage Of A Bear, The Sculptor's Clayground, This House Has People In It and Live Forever As You Are Now are all awesome. Can't get enough of his blend of horror and comedy. It's reminiscent of David Lynch's work and is perfect late night mindfuckery with greater depth than meets the eye that suits [adult swim]'s aesthetic.

That guy is a master. It's a wonder he hasn't already had an offer for a full TV show or even a movie.

Have you seen the IFC special they did? I forget what it's called, it's about some cult and there's a bunch of Lovecraft references.

Perhaps partly it was some sort of off-putting politicization of their block? I remember seeing very political bumps and other stuff on there around the time that they dropped most, if not all, of the anime in middle/late 00's and it only seems to have been further amplified in recent years last I checked. And I bet you can't guess which way said politicization leaned. Also, during the recent presidential race, they only ever played Clinton campaign commercials, but that's probably because Cartoon Network/Boomerang/[adult swim]/Williams Street are all owned by Turner Broadcasting System which is of course connected to Time Warner and CNN, and the rest is self-explanatory. Well, probably nobody was bothered by that since their primary demographics are likely apolitical, centrist, or lean left.

Probably a confluence of things, though. I do miss me some good ol' old school [as], its original comedy series that recycled stock footage from all of those great Hannah Barbara cartoons as well as the anime. Old American cartoons and older anime are fucking magical and the absurdist/surrealist comedy and horror are great, too.

Did you? If so, how was it? I haven't. I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. I recall reading about it online awhile back when it was still in production, I assume it's been aired in its entirety by now. I forgot the name, too. I think the name of his group is Wham City or something along those lines.

They let unfunny faggots like Sam Hyde have shows.

Yeah, I watched it, it's great lol. It's a little bit goofier than their other stuff, but still really interesting. There's a whole other level to it if you want to dig deeper after watching. ifc.com/comedy-crib/the-mirror

After you watch it, check out Night Mind's video on YouTube about it. There was apparently a bunch of hidden shit in their website that contributed to the narrative too.

did they not cancel his show?

it's still not bad dude, in my opinion it's the better channel/station today because even though the owners are part of the internat. ZOG the guys & gals making the shows everyday are still pretty honest and funny

I guess I'm trying to say [as] has not even come close to falling off the rails yet, and when that day comes and it will, I'll be extremely bummed out

The damage has been done.

This is the real answer

Thanks, and I also know of Nightmind. I like his content, it has an excellent atmosphere and presentation for his channel theme. Nick Nocturne has an entertaining voice. There's another one that you're probably already aware of, called Nightmare Theater or something like this. I recommend it if you're unfamiliar with it. YT Explained has also done a few decent explanation videos for Resnick's [as] material. Can you imagine what he'd create if somebody threw a ton of cash his way and have him complete creative control? I'd like to see it, whatever it is.

You're not 12 anymore. Staying up late to watch "adult" cartoons isn't as fun.

That being said I'd kill for an original adult swim block once a week to fall asleep to

They're main problem now is keeping the line-up fresh, back when they weren't king of late night cable they'd mix the block up heaps and now it's pretty much stationary to what gets views.
Their Original programming is still good, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Eric Andre and Robot Chicken always get a laugh from me.
I also loved World Peace though I think/wished they could've handled that better since it was a shitshow both production and publicity wise.
The worst shows atm are Decker and Mr. Pickles.
They'll be fine if they keep innovating since their online content is handled well.

They cancelled Moral Orel.

>it was a shitshow both production and publicity wise.
>production
I haven't heard anything bad about the production. What happened?

They fucked it up first.
>late night slot
>played the last episode first on its debut
>viewers with no fucking clue what is happening

Even if their shows were good/better they're dying the same death most of TV is. They're probably catching the worst of it because their audience from the 2000's were the first cord cutters. It had a good run but it was a product of its time, I don't think there's any saving it with the internet now being what it is.

Firstly the censorship: the inbetween title cards and the original James Holmes logo were approved by Adult Swim very early on, they pussied out last minute and instead covered them with black bars because it was too late to re-write/design them.
Also MDE filmed too much content for only 6 episodes meaning alot of stuff was cut and some sketches aired incomplete (The PUA sketch had a third act to conclude it) part of the reason the show didn't flow well at times and wasn't as funny as it could be.

They're paying for the bad karma they earned when they cucked Metalocalypse out of their final season

>he didn't like sealab
>he didn't like space ghost
>he didn't like aqua teen
Helped me through Somme tough times man

but [as] knows how to use the internet user, I get most of their content from their website & livestream

Time and Eric was just an extension of Tom Goes to the Mayor, which is underrated.

I loved that show but remember Adult Swim IS a business
>Season 4 ratings were dogshit compared to live action stuff
>Lazzo gave Brendon a one hour special to end the show on
>Brendon does this but blue balls everyone with a mini-cliffhanger
>Adult Swim cancels show
>Everyone whines about it

While I think the show was one of the funniest things the network did, it did have a good run.

What's wrong with Mr. Pickles?

I haven't seen anything recently online, but I have to imagine once the TV end of it falls over it'd slide into being a glorified youtube channel. I'll have to go look at what they've been up to lately though.

Tom goes to the mayor is the best adult swim show ever made, you pleb

YT is the future, I watch fights, shows, clips, documentaries, cartoons, animation, all my music, commentary, and streams on YT

Got any sauce?

>tfw we will never see the cut segments

>I loved that show but remember Adult Swim IS a business
>Season 4 ratings were dogshit compared to live action stuff

Right... and the fact that they play it safe now and cram their nightly blocks with the millionth fucking cycle of macfarlane shows is the very reason we are in this thread discussing what went so wrong

no good new shows and most of the good show they had have ended

Sam talked about it on the MDE subreddit a while back.

It'll probably all get leaked eventually.

Came here to post this.

Still waiting for that new season of China IL

I hate nostalgia faggots but I really do miss old adult swim. The old shows they ran were fucking golden and that mysterious vibe they had was really good. As homosexual as it sounds it was somewhat of a condensed version of the edgy parts of 00's internet, which looking back on it was really good. But as people realized that you could just use the internet to view similar content, most of their viewerbase fucked off and to fill the void they started cramming their block full of different, shittier shows to try and capture a new audience.

That and the fact they purged anime.

God, no
I wanted to like it but it was just bad. Reworking what it was to a traditional late night cartoon just didn't work

Seth MacFarlene and Tim Heidecker basically are [as]

and Tim just has a shitty career now while Seth uses [as] to pay the rent while he experiments with other shit on FOX and giving Ted talks about how to help starving Somalians ass rape UN medical advisers and hold them hostage so they can use the payout money to buy iPhone tablets that they'll use to make their startup company; 'Unter' a pirate assistance service that will come directly to your cargo vessel free of charge

>Seth MacFarlane net worth: $200 Million
I don't think he's ever paying rent again

Too many shitty live action shows. Too much muh random funny quirky bullshit. Cancelled all of their good OC animated shows.

Prime Adult Swim was when Sealab, Brak Show, Harvey Birdman, and Home Movies were airing, while anime like FMA, Stand Alone Complex, and Cowboy Bebop aired later in the night.

FPBP
Keeping the walking PR kryptonite would have helped AS
Riiiiiight

damn you're old

>he liked home movies

>being a pleb that didn't film his own movies as a kid so you could relate to home movies properly

I felt a little resurgence of old school [as] when they premiered Space Dandy

They ended Stroker and Hoop on the most literal of cliffhangers

When old vocal liberals like Tim got to decide who has a show or not

If [as] wanted to produce some comedy they could make a series based on the delusions of Sam Hyde fans who think there's some conspiracy to why that unfunny fuck got his shit cancelled

AS is as based as ever.

All of you have shit taste in art.

they started airing "serious" programming instead of something done by two guys on a shoestring budget.

>still blaming tim and not sam hyde's public displays of LE REDPILLZ XD autism

It's great.

Not every show is a zinger, and of course I miss my favorites from years before, but they still impress me with new shows all the time.

Your Pretty Little Face is Going to Hell is about the funniest shit on there right now.

bleb

Alantutorial was never on Adult Swim. But I'm very glad you mentioned it.

>he didnt
what's it like to have such shit taste?

T&E was miles ahead of Tom.

Focusing on autistic unfunny shows with real people like Tim and Eric, and that black guy who looks like he smells of weed. Almost all of their actual cartoons are reruns of shows from Fox. And I don't like anime, but even I think their lineup is shit. They should focus on making their own entertaining content. Have Sam Hyde partner with someone more kosher, so that he's able to be entertaining, but not look like as big of a PR nightmare. Go see what anime fans actually like, and try running a few shows to see if they get good ratings, if not, drop it. Recycling the same unfunny shows is getting annoying, but they have some good shows. It just seems like they focus on extremely short term humor, but can't even do that very well - and end up being forgetful and unexciting, except as background noise.

If they aired Clinton commercials, they are legally obliged to let Trump make the same deal. The reason you only saw her commercials is probably because her campaign had far more money, and was able to afford it.

Adult Swim Canada is a lot worse all they do is air the same hour blocks 7 days a week and then sometimes switch out shows. Our other channel teletoon at night only really has Archer, Futurama and sometimes Bob's burgers the rest is shit. AND WE STILL DONT HAVE TOONAMI

nigger if you consider that user old you're definitely underage

Assuming I'm still around then, I'll also be bummed out whenever it's finally altogether gone, that is. From sneakily attempting staying awake to see it (and often failing) as an adolescent shit to being an adult one, technically, anyway. Critiquing it out of some silly sentimentality and affection for it whilst I wax poetically 'bout them good ol' golden days and nights. I'll always miss and be grateful for what it was and meant to me and many others, too, if YT comments are at all indicative of its effects on others' psyches, but it's still as you say, not nearly in as poor of shape as it could be, especially considering the current state of non-internet-based entertainment media. Also, [adult swim] has always since the earliest days done a decent job of marketing themselves online and integrating with social media and other modern market trends.
Thanks for the information. I was unaware of that legality. I suppose it wasn't so conspiratorial as I imagined it to be. The more you know, you know?

>not one mention of XRA

i up vote this post my friend

>there will never be more Perfect Hair Forever
just fuck my life up

They hired tim and eric. Literally unfunny. And how many shows did they get again?

>as a kid/teen

Also a factor. You've probably aged out of the primary [as] demographic.

>Autistic
Here's that meaningless buzzword again.Just say you dont like the shows