Why hasn't RLM's subscriber base increased in so long?

Why hasn't RLM's subscriber base increased in so long?

Is it because they are dead end losers with a small sycophantic fanbase?

Other urls found in this thread:

socialblade.com/youtube/user/redlettermedia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I prefer that way
I miss 50k subs dunkey

How many subscribers do you have, OP?

bout tree fiddy

It is weird that they couldn't parlay the Plinkett prequel reviews into a healthy YouTube channel.

IIRC didn't they only host their videos on their own site for the first few years? By the time they realized people only watch shit on YouTube I guess no one cared anymore.

They're not mentally ill enough
If you want the big subscribers you need to be mentally ill like Spoony

I'd say that liking The Force Awakens is pretty much equivalent to having an extra chromosome.

>Is it because they are dead end losers with a small sycophantic fanbase?
Oh god, the salt.
Looks like someone is envy of these guys who make their substantial living talking about movies, don't have a boss and are successful youtubers.

You may now start posting all the dissing nonsense copypasta about them but it won't change a thing.

You can also make an assumption that I in fact one of them. Whatever floats your boat.

i think that was a bad decision on their part. used to drive me crazy going to those other fucking sites. Maybe they monetized better

>salt.
No one says this here.

It's more pathetic if you aren't one of them

500k subs is great dude
Most of the biggest cartoon related channels don't have 300k

What exactly is pathetic? Seeing things as they are and not hating on the guys?
Lmao. What a sad loser you are.

damn...

Why do people think this is a valid counter point?

Because their videos are long and tend to deal with obscure VHS tapes.

Most people who browse youtube are kids with low attention spans who get terrified whenever a video longer than 10 minutes is uploaded

they are stupid people

This.

RLM has a high barrier to entry because of the subject matter and length of the videos. Wonder why their capeshit has higher views? Because normies understand it, while obscure vhs tapes aren't...

>RLM has a high barrier to entry
No?
Mike liked The Force Awakens. His brain is barely functioning.

>Is it because they are dead end losers with a small sycophantic fanbase?
Half-correct. Their monetization model works for them and there's no reason to try anything new besides snarkily making fun of other critics.

>mfw keep thinking about Jay's tight boipucci

They got patreon so they don't give a fuck about pandering to new audiences.

>NOOOOOOOOO not muh precious Transformers REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's amazing how a company founded upon harassing and insulting other videos was caught DELETING NEGATIVE COMMENTS on their own!

How is that not hypocrisy at its highest?

>tfw you realise all the love for Bayformers on Sup Forums right now is completely unironic because the majority of posters were children when the first 3 came out.

It's slowy but steady growing

socialblade.com/youtube/user/redlettermedia

they started out on blip and with their patreon and stuff sale they don't give a fuck if they get 100k or a million views

black dick

The longer a video is, the less likely a normal person is going to watch is given shorter alternatives.

I.e most people will watch the IGN Review of Fallout 4 as opposed the the 3 hour review that picks it apart

SALTY XD

jesus christ you don't belong here. 2016 really did permanently destroy this site

>tight

I want to point something out: Chris Stuckmann, a former fan of theirs who they mocked, currently has twice as many subscribers and gets twice as many views as they do while being just one guy who makes videos much more often, and he was able to accomplish this despite being a much younger channel.

>RLM thinks they are superior to the more popular channels
>the PT is superior to the OT

poetry

seriously though, why are RLM so elitist?

this that shit is as open as rich's mouth in a buffett

well I meant from taking mike's cock both literally and figuratively every day for years

Because their content is garbage.

Best of the Worst: they give you the cliffnotes movies of some bad movies you'll never want to see. This is the best stuff they do.

Plinkett videos: Only videos of theirs that people like so of course they all but abandoned that shit, but honestly, it's for the best considering the no quality of the newer ones.

Half in the Bag: shitty non-reviews where they ramble on about a recent movie to cash in on people searching whatever new movie is out on Youtube, where they often flat out get basic shit wrong.

re:View: Like Half in the Bag but older movies (often related to a recent release to again cash in).

Any of their joke videos: they take a weak joke and stretch it out as thin as they can.

Video game shit: These are just about their worst videos.

The guys made a couple good videos like five years ago plus and they've been on cruise control ever since. The real question is: why do they still have subs? Answer: because fanboys are dumb.

Because Mike thinks that film school taught him more than it did.

>film """""""""school"""""""""

Because space cop was the worst thing ever

Mike makes over $200,000.00 a year making low effort YouTube films. I'd say his small tuition at film school paid off.

Their Star Trek and Star Wars reviews are really bad though.

Small example- he acts like Picard being bald in his academy days in Nemesis shows contempt for the audience, but Wrath of Kahn does the exact same type of thing when they have Checkov freak out over the SS Botany Bay like you're supposed to forget that he wasn't in Season 1.

It's an ego-saving mechanism. Their stuff isn't popular because it's just not very good, so their built-in excuse is "heh let the drooling masses enjoy those 'popular' videos, we'll continue making the 'unappreciated good' videos for true intellectuals like ourselves *tips fedora*."

Because he bashed R1 for having ties, xwings and ATATs while he didn't do the same with TFA even though TFA was set 30 years after ROTJ and R1 a week before ANH

this
Absolutely no defense for this.

They're entertaining, and they do raise a lot of good points, but yes, they get a lot of things just flat out wrong and there's a lot of total bullshit (like the "describe the character" bit which totally wasn't scripted and rehearsed).

RLM is Sup Forums incarnate, accept it or fuck off

Or Chris Stuckmann level autist

>and they do raise a lot of good points
eh
I went through a Plinkett phase, but I watched them again one time and just realized it was mostly Mike being an ideologue and not really an objective analysis.

I stop watching them right there

Maybe one day Sup Forums will be mature enough to accept that Jack is the only cool guy over at RLM. He has a nice family, is nice himself, and isn't an elitist prick

>prequel fanbois still this bootyblasted

the most important question is
why didn't shitcase cinema lift off?
it's a funny chanel

mike is on record saying that film school was mostly a waste of time.

What opinions does Mike have that you disagree with?

>Rogue One faggots still this blown the fuck out

Absolutely.

This is correct also Wizard is the worst FACT.

It took a while for me, but I've finally come to the same conclusion. Jack really is the best member of RedLetterMedia. Truly, he is the best of the worst.

TFA was shit and so is star trek in general. the first of the new star treks was also shit. marvel is entirely shit except for the first iron man. wonder woman was also shit (i didn't see it).

He and Jay are top tier, then Mike, then Rich who is an asshole who doesn't have the ability to admit he's wrong yet acts like knowitall even though he doesn't know dick about pretty much anything, and Wizard is just fucking awful in every goddamn way.

Not him but I thought ST 2009 was pretty shit and he loved it for some reason. I'm not a Trekkie. Well, generally I think Mike likes some blockbusters a bit too much. He really likes a well-made, safe movie with good arc. That's okay, but I don't always agree.

Also he said Escape from NY was kind of boring which is fucking dumb.

Prequels still mostly suck though.

Jay is best RLM.

I thought you all unsubscribed already when they liked TFA and you couldn't stop crying about it?

was that just a bluff, but now that they made a coulple pisstake videos about transformers, that's a step too far, you're really going to stop watching this time?

These latest two videos are fucking incredible.
>What are you talking about? They used you to get a free check. They wanted some money and their "fans" would applaud that they got tricked and make excuses for them. "I'm a lazy fuck and I'm gonna get us some ad revenue by tricking our fans. They are so retarded they would think it was EPIC". The worst part about this video is the comment section, filled with idiots like you who think it's some kind of epic troll when it's Mike using you retards for a little bit of extra cash after he spent all the Marvel pay-offs.
I am convinced the point of these are to have angry youtube commenters describe Michael Bay and Transformers for them so they don't have to.

>Escape from NY was kind of boring which is fucking dumb.
no it really is
an action movie has to have an iconic villain

You misunderstand. He did not bash it for having that. He bashed it for ONLY having that

He's a textbook, almost ridiculously stereotypical hipster who takes the contrarian position in order to appear different from the rest. Just look at the dinosaur BotW episode, Rich calls him out on it (jokingly, but its still true).

Duke of NY was okay. Anyway, Escape is more atmospheric/dystopian than pure action.

Did the Transformers videos really make you this assblasted?

we are unsubscribed but you guy always post on here the same day you release a new one so we always know

Proof?

But that's wrong on so many levels, we had lots of things that TFA didn't have

>We had a space battle with capital ships
>A great land battle
>A planet full of people that makes the galaxy feel big and alive unlike
>A gray character
>A non mary sue protagonist
>Villains that don't make you laugh
>A better OST
>More original designed ships

tell me just one quote of him

>A non mary sue protagonist
What?
>Villains that don't make you laugh
I dunno, Vader's puns were funny as a shit, best part of the movie.
>tell me just one quote of him
Honestly I only watched the movie once and I don't remember. I just remember that he was okay as a centerpiece of that angry mob and that the President shot him. Honestly most stuff I remember is visual because, well, it's a movie focusing on atmosphere building. Dirty streets, landing sequence, Snake just sitting there in the store trying to make sense of things.

Look at it from a different perspective: they tried to make action summer blockbusters with The Next Generation. It didn't work. It didn't work because The Next Generation was never really action-packed, so the movies never really fit the tone of that series. Plus, the actors were old by that point. It's just silly seeing Picard swing around on a rope and get into fist fights. What you wound up with was a bunch of movies that didn't please anyone. Star Trek fans didn't like them because they were "too dumb blockbuster," and general audiences didn't like them because they were "too Star Trekkie."

With Star Trek 2009, they made a competent action summer blockbuster that was able to please general audiences (plus some Star Trek fans). At least someone liked it, which is more than you can say for the TNG movies (except maybe Nemesis).

you're forgetting the nearly 19k per month they got from patreon, i'm sure they're doing fine financially

The thing is, I just didn't like it as an action blockbuster. Kirk was an annoying brat, Spock was annoying brat too for some reason, the plot hinges on a bunch of coincidences, villain travels back in time to avenge the destruction of his planet instead of preventing it, the action is too flashy and I lost the sense of thrill and danger because of it...

I liked the last one well enough, 2009 just didn't work for me. Hell, I liked Kirk in the last one!

They only appeal to other "cynical burnouts" like themselves

When future generations sift through the smoldering rubble of postmodern America, they would do well to locate a hard drive with RedLetterMedia content on it. They could study Mike and Jay and, with that thin slice of information, fully understand what it is that killed western civilization.
Those two are bitter, cynical nihilists. They have devoted their lives, the prime years of productivity, to pithily lampooning cultural ephemera and implying "we could do better than these idiot filmmakers, but we're too cool to actually try."
They are every strain of societal AIDS melded together into a super AIDS of cultural death...
Well into middle age, they're still obsessively analyzing adventure stories for children. They're childless, unmarried, stubbornly avoiding an actual profession, opting instead to beg for Patreon donations. They are subsisting on the patronage of even more embittered, more lonely, more cynical losers who need virtual friends to swim in their vast Petri dish of misery with them.
Look in their fucking eyes, man. It's a joyless, pointless existence they're living.
They are so afraid of sincerity or honest artistic effort that they'll leave behind hours of footage of them chuckling about Tommy Wiseau. They are artistic cowards and abject failures in every respect.
Each time you catch a glimpse of them, you're reminded that we peaked as a civilization a long time ago. We're done creating. We're done feeling real emotions. All we can do now is analyze, criticize, and ironically pick through the dessicated corpse of our once great nation.

Oh, a new half in the bag episode
*removes noose from neck*

Half in the baaaaaag! Get out of my car and into my dreams!!! Oh my gaaaawd! What's wrong with your faaaace?I Hack frauds IT BROKE NEW GROWND!!! Is this replacing Susan?! Email me if you want a pizza-roll! AAAAAIIIIIIDDDSSS! IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE! Well me personally, I really liked this movie it was so dense every frame had so much going on, it's like poetry, it rhymes, it's gonna be great... What is it with Ricks? That's right Jay! FUCK MOVIES! Fuck you it's january! Fuck you it's year! Fuck you it's FOREVER!!! I FUCKING LOVE STAR WARS! Speaking of reference, have you seen movie?! part time Thaaat's right Mike! AT-ST's AT-ST's I'm gonna cum! ENDLESS TRASH! Paul Blart Mall Plart part 2, he's a funnier character than we've ever had before, if we can get him working... THESE MEN ARE PAWNS I have put a price of twenty-thousand dirham on their heads! Next they will be hailed as the true messenger of GOD! Ahhhhhh They were just a couple of song writers who came to Ishtar to break into show business. Easy boy, easy, boy, easy boy, easy boy! What the hell's the matter with him? Is he blind?!? Well yeah he is, bu-but he's in perfect condition. So how did they end up on everybody's hit list? Your life is in danger. Behave normally, we have guns pointed at your backs. No, don't put your hands up you idiot. Oh little Darlin'. My little Darlin'.Oh where, a-are you? Do it. Ayyiyiyiyiyiyiyi schmechahii buttahotsfayaaah! I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere I feel like RLM needs a new fanbase, I got fahckin' Jokes-Redundancy-Stress-Disorder ovah here! I guess I have to... FUCK THE PAIN AWAY! Mmmmmm... I like to fuck my cat... What were these guys smoking? CIGARETTES? And I thought it was a really odd note to just end the movie on 10 minutes of news photage of 9/11. You might not have noticed it, but your brain did... You read this comment. What are next? And Kevin Bacon

It's simple.

Mike Stoklasa has become the very thing he once ridiculed. Look at the Avatar review for instance; he spends 90 minutes going on about Cameron's blatant pandering to the lowest common denominator, marveling (no pun intended) at Cameron's proficiency for manipulating the audience to make them feel how he wants them to feel, how he wants them to think.

Fast forward a couple of years later. Jurassic World is released -- its heavily established to be a soft reboot operating on the hype of faux-nostalgia and Pratt's recent Guardians of the Galaxy success.

Mike loves it. Hits all the right buttons. Really gets his inner manchild going. He basically reveres the film to Jay Bauman's utter disgust.

This is the first sign of Stoklasa's downfall, his immediate descent into the anti-thesis of Mr. Plinkett. He's become lazy, brainwashed, unwittingly indoctrinated into the modern Hollywood machine sculpted by the likes of Disney executives.

It's October 2015. Disney gets in touch with Red Letter Media. They offer him a deal he simply can't refuse; he's instructed to praise Disney's numbered Star Wars episodes while taking critical albeit nonsensical liberties with the standalone films, all the while consistently spewing a casual commitment to every Marvel film that is released. Mike and his goons are heavily compensated for this, successfully turning the likes of the internet's pseuds into DDs (Disney Dudes).

The real enemy isn't Collider, or Loot Crate boxes.

It's Mike Stoklasa.

What kind of counter points do you have?

There's a lot of exicitement, there's a lot of buzz and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me because I have no interest in intentionally shitty movies. The best bad movies are the ones where the people making it didn't realize they were making a bad movie.

- Jay Bauman, director / star of Space Cop

Why wasn't space cop funny?

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL

MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

Because the relationship between the main duo was all wrong in a key aspect; they were both "fish out of water" characters. Mike should have played a normal cop while Rich is the wacky one, and there relationship works with Rich saying dumb and wacky things and Mike reacts like a normal person would. Instead Mike plays wacky cop from the past, so there is no straight man for the audience to relate to and the whole film feels like a chore to watch because its a farse, like an intro to Half in the Bag. Even in a dumb comedy, the film needs to be grounded in some kind of reality, even in the form of a straight man character for the comedic duo to work. Otherwise it falls flat, like Space Cop did.

Channel Awesome invited RLM to work with them back in the day and RLM refused.

You know what it didn't have? Good characters or an engaging story

this

People are cretins - welcome to Sup Forums

source: your ass.

rlm shat on nostalgia critic but that's it

it didn't had an engaging history cause you already knew how it ended

>Channel Awesome
I don't know what that is but I hate it already

Are you the same faggot that keeps saying this in their comment section to try and get people to believe it?

>a story can't be engaging if you know the ending
Retard

Confirmed btw

It's amazing anyone cares about these guys

Because only 2 members out of a cast of 5 regulars are funny or interesting

whats the video?