Hey guys remember that time the Punisher was black, or when Doc Ock controlled Spider-Man's body...

Hey guys remember that time the Punisher was black, or when Doc Ock controlled Spider-Man's body, or when Captain America was old or when he was revealed to be a Hydra agent, or-

Seriously, how do you all keep falling for this sensationalist shit

Because Sup Forums

because they're shit stories we have to wait out until they undo it, except spock was decent sometimes

I dunno, i'm the perfect dummy for these cause I'm totally on board and wanna see how Cap is gonna get outta this mess

It's worked for over 50 years.

>Seriously, how do you all keep falling for this sensationalist shit
because it's all they have

I dont even read the story times on Sup Forums any more thats how done inam wuth marvel

And i am a certified drone

I don't, i stopped caring about Marvel's continuity years ago. They're not getting my money on anything that isn't called "Vision" or "Moon Knight".

Only retards and people who don't read comics would even consider any of those sensational.
So basically most of Sup Forums

When was Punisher black?
I remember Electro was black in the last ASM volume

Because there is a difference between changing a character for some sensational twist and changing a character to push the creators specific political agenda.

All this stuff they put Cap through is a veiled jab at America and Americans.

That time Punisher was black, it was still Frank. He took some drug to change his skin change color so he could go undercover and kill fuckers. He also teamed up with Cage during that arc. As the story arc went, the drug gradually wore off, so his would get lighter over time until he was back to cracka mode

I think it is actually Marvel interns making threads at this point. I don't see how anyone else could even care, especially with today's reveal. Comic Iron Man has basically been worthless for over a decade now.

SpOck was at least fun

>Punisher was black

I actually don't remember that. How well was it written? Barracuda is a fucking wonderful counterpoint to current Punisher MAX in every way. Did he appear in that timeframe?

>Doc Ock controlled Spider-Man's body

An actually fairly good run that I entirely ignored for way too long because OMD ruined the character for me.

>Captain America was old

That was surprisingly decent, if stupid. But comic books are stupid and contradict themselves all the time. I assume all laws of physics are inconsistent for them.

>or when he was revealed to be a Hydra agent

Kind of annoying that any sign of patriotism makes you a nazi now, and it's emblematic of who Marvel's pandering to, but I didn't say shit at the time because I prefer Cap as a supporting character to his own stories, so my opinion is completely fucking invalid in that regard.

...OP, were you running an op or something? I can't tell what fucking point you were trying to make here.

>He took some drug to change his skin change color so he could go undercover and kill fuckers

Wait I thought it was the result of a botched plastic surgery job to fix his face after it got carved up in the Last Days storyline

Correction: Well, "current" Punisher MAX, I forgot that he's dead now and will probably stay dead in that label.

People enjoy getting mad at stuff more so than enjoying it

Because it isn't ok.
Why the fuck should I not expect that something the writer has put on the comic and the publisher advertised on the internet is simply unconsequencial?
Why do capefags accept this and even get ANGRY when people don't?

Are you saying that we should all just expect everything we are reading to not matter at all or have any impact besides the little arc the comic is currently on? It's ridiculus, the literal death of storytelling and the reason more and more people are jumping ship and going full weeb.

Don't bother though. Despite the premise being COMIC BOOKS, it manages to be really fucking dull. The team up aspect does nothing either. You'd think this would lead to an interesting examination of racial issue in the context of the vigilante circle, but all that happens is that Frank and Luke beat up some gunrunners with nothing of any real substance going on and mediocre action.

Read the Frankencastle arc instead. That one's actually a solidly written team up with the obscure Legion of Monsters.

Most of those runs were bad so it's your own fault if you experienced the shock twists since you already have bad taste, pleb

I never said I bought it.
I knew it was bullshit from day one, but the way people defend this blatant baiting is silly.

No one is defending it as good. They're saying it doesn't matter because status quo is king and it will be undone. Just don't read the stories in the meantime like everyone else does when a book is shitty.

Getting mad at things is free. I'm sure as fuck not buying any of Marvel's comics though.

>the literal death of storytelling
Fuck does that even mean?

Because they sensationalize it. Most people KNOW it's sensational bullshit that will be undone, a lot of them seem to be mad for that very reason.

>Are you saying that we should all just expect everything we are reading to not matter at all or have any impact besides the little arc the comic is currently on?
this is how I can tell you're not a very literate person

Kind of the other way around. Companies do it because the media will sensationalize it for them. Right now it's mostly diversity legacies but before it was major character deaths that got normie headlines. Eventually it will be something else and they'll keep doing dumb shit to chase the free publicity.

what, you never saw neverending story? Theyre literally dying in there!

Lots of assumptions there, faggot.
>tfw never picked anything but smaller books like Scarlet Spider and Moon Knight ever since OMD and never get affected by eventshit
You're all doing it wrong, if you see any of the shit you don't like in the books you buy.

Things should never ever change in comic books. Thats the way it is.

i see you SJW's are trying to rewrite history now?

>it's not sensationalist this time because it's working on me
You've already fallen for it.

yup, you're right.

Or Bendis' Avengers sold because of big names on the team.

Just because it'll get retconed or other wise reversed in a couple years doesn't mean it's not still bad while it's happening. People don't complain because they think bad changes are permanent, they complain because they're bad, in the moment, and for as long as they last. Being permanent makes a bad change worse, but being impermanent does not make a bad change good. It's still bad.