CHAMPIONS

what you guys think about this?
i have high expectations.

If only an actual artist was attached to it.

I'll read for best boys Sam and Teenclops

I can dig it

What's all this about? I haven't heard any news.

>No Vin in sight.
Oh no!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH CHO IN THIS PIC??? IT LOOKS LIKE HE'S ABOUT TO MELT INTO A GREEN PUDDLE, WHY IS HE SO FUCKED UP LOOKING LMAO

>Waid, who has been mostly mediocre at Marvel
>Ramos, who is usually a pretty terrible artist

Think I'll skip out

Why does Cyclops look so young here? Aren't they all like high school age?

Is Cho going to be their mentor?

It's what i want.
The only thing that put me off it's that thing about "hitler cyclops". Fuck this. Cyclops was right.

its O5 Cyke

This is a time traveling teenage Cyclops

And O5 Scott is in his teens, like high school age.

Dude looks 11 in that cover

Can't wait to see them fight GamerGate and the villainous Strawman.

Or when they save a black kid from a group of white gang bangers. 'Cause that happens.

It sounds like everything I wanted ANAD Avengers to be. Too bad Ramos' shit art has to get in the way. Although I'll take him over modern Kubert.

>Grandpa writing young team

It will be as hip as the new raven comic but at least Waid likes Cyclops and he is kinda figthing againts marvel editorial

Waid sounded like he like Scott so it was probably just a joke

This is a true concern though especially after the nonsense that was Waid's last teen team book ("eat it grandpa")

I'm super excited.

We usually don't see Marvel take something positive that works and build on it.

I'll get it. Figured I need to pick up some more Marvel books since I'm so DC centric, along with a few of the smaller companies, and I really dig teen team books. Grabbin this when it comes out and gonna get back issues of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur since I love Rocket Girl from Image.

>Waid
>Ramos
I just puked

>nu-waid

Nu thanks.

I have little hope but Viv is making me curious

oh good, vision's daughter survives

>High expectations
>Waid

???

Teen heroes going "fuck the Avengers" and starting their own team.

>Can't wait to see them fight GamerGate and the villainous Strawman.

It seems like you've got Strawman well in hand already, user.

>Waid
I think it's shit

Which is unfortunate because that is a pretty good team

>modern Waid
>writing more teenage drama shit
>at Marvel
>with Ramos

>baby team for babies

Will they go the way of the New Warriors in Civil War 2? If not then I can care less.

Fuck that kid with the Deadpool shirt in the background, by the way.

I thought Cho was over 18

He's 19 I think. Still counts as a "young hero." He's definitely the oldest of the group though.

And yet you know it's true.

>then I can care less.
Tell the class how you could care less

And Deadpool is merchandising like crazy in 616 to pay for the Avengers shit

This.
I want them to be successful. They could be a really cool thing. But, eh.
Put me at cautiously optimistic.

It's probably more about the "fuck that shit" reaction to CW2, rather than age alone.

>the teen heroes are more mature than the adult ones

When did Waid become the designated teen book writer

Teen teams in the Marvelverse rarely go well. They either stagnate and disband or get fucked up hard and dissolve.

It's a death sentence, complete with Baby Cyclops leading them it seems.

That's why unless some REAL fucked up shit happens to them in Civil War 2 I can honestly care less to see teen cape arguments and angst for a good couple runs till they go off.

>Waid, the worst X-Men writer to ever live, the worst Legion writer ever
>Ramos, whose art gets worst every issue
>High Expectations

..okay...

Has Ramos been confirmed for the interior work, or is he just doing this cover? I mean usually you get a different cover artist and interior artist it seems...

Hope and pray.

Teen teams in Marvel don't get screwed over as badly as the Teen Titans or Young Justice members.

>Fembot Vision

Where the fuck have you been

I mostly read DC.

I haven't read much of DC's teen books so I wouldn't know ;__;

you should read Vision, it's good

This tbqh

It's better this way

I kinda want it to be good. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Just please, let Kamala Miles Nova become BFF with decent personalities. PLEASE.

Waid should swallow his pride come back to DC. His husbando is already back and he clearly wants to write about them.

Are they going to shun Nova?

Cyclops fans have to be the biggest autists on Sup Forums. Any hint of him being portrayed negatively and you start whining.

I'm hyped but I just hope that it will not ruin the dynamic of the friendship between kamala, sam and miles since they will now be amongst a group of teens instead of being close between them in an adult world
I want them to be friends with other teens but to keep this special bond they had

Wish they called them New Warriors and kept the name scheme going. Still better than any team with the words "Teen" or "Young" in it.

>Mark Waid writing a team of teens
Oh absolutely not. This is gonna be Threeboot all over again.

>Eat it, Grandpa!
Ugh.

>Ramos on art
Ugh.

Just by having Viv alive is more than we could have hoped for.
So far there is a high chance of the whole family being killed off along with Victor.

This has been Cho's dream since Fear Itself when he kidnapped other teen heroes to fight shark people from Japan who wanted to attack Pearl Harbor.

>Don't care about most of the members on the team, hate the rest
>Don't like Waid's writing
>Ramos can't draw for shit
I don't expect much from this

Oh right, then it ended with Laura kicking him in the balls.

Brevoort called replied in an interview that, "the team's first mission is accepting Scott on the team. It's like inviting Kid Hitler to join. So they need to figure out he is not his older evil self."

AllofmyNope.jpg

That story is one of the few good things to come from Fear Itself.

>wanting a child terrorist on your team

Scott and Viv need to fuck so the Summers and Pym family trees can intertwine.

The line up looks like a pretty cool team but
>Waid and Ramos
I found Waid's ANAD Avengers to be boring and Ramos's art meh.

PASS

You madman.
With how crazy those family tress are, mixing the two would be too complex for even hardcore Hawkman fans to comprehend.

>Waid
>Ramos
>possibly more Sam bullying

They already are intertwined. Janet had a kid with Alex.

Scott needs to get with Kamala and Sam needs to take Viv to prom. These are FACTS.

If Havok and Polaris had gotten married and Wanda and Pietro hadn't been retconned from being related to Magneto that could have happened years ago

>fuck
>gynoid
That's not how it works, man.
He can go fuck Nadia, though.

>Viv meets Sam's family
>It ends in complete disaster

>Sam needs to take Viv to prom.

More like Sam needs to work up the courage to ask Viv to prom only to walk in on Scott asking her to prom and she saying yes because S A M M U S T S U F F E R M O R E

>comparing a fictional character like Cyclops to a dictator that gassed Jews
Brevoort, you are fucking retarded.

I think he means in-universe Cyclops is about as popular AS Hitler, given that he went all bananers with the Phoenix Force power and ended up with literally everyone hating him.

>Viv
I mighty have a look at first few issues just to see what Waid do to her but probably will drop it later .

>literally spoiling the finale of the best series you're publishing
Fucks sake, Marvel.

Not to be a Sup Forumslack, but it's likely that Scott is hated even more than Hitler, between all the Neo-Nazi organizations in America and the fact that, Hitler, for all his atrocities, didn't tamper with something powerful enough to glass the entire solar system.

All we know from this is that Viv lives

Nothing else

>Sam
>Cyclops
>Ms Tumblr
>Sam
>Miles
>Sam

Yeah I'll pass

I like the name.

And surprisingly adjective-free.

Adjectives are my favorite part of Marvel titles, though. I am not sure what you'd call this, though.

Independent Champions?
Revolutionary Champions?

Kid Hitler and the marvel PC Squad.

Wait, why is there a preteen Cyclops?

Waid apparently had to push for it, so he's there because Waid said so

time travel

Why is chulks traps and neck so fucking huge in comparison to the rest of his body

I'd rather a team called "Champions" be made up of the group from Contest of Champions in all honesty.

Because Ramos can't draw

I like how every single hero there is a second rate version of the original one.

Good point. I could do with more Guillotine.
But you know, they must be running out of good names for teams.

Good line up, shit artist.

Titans rebirth issue was good. I'm hopeful for teen titans as well

Wasn't Jean Grey in college at the beginning of the new X-Men book?

>RAMOS DRAWING MY KAMALA

That happened to teen Warren, he was gonna ask Jean for prom and he walked in on Jean making out with Scott

No one gives a shit about her. She's only good for turning people gay. That's her thing now.

This desu senpai

So cyclops is Sup Forums the character?

Didn't Scott catch her about to make out with Beast or something too?