There's no need to stop a choke early

>There's no need to stop a choke early

is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-ozS3T6fIM
youtu.be/swRbjeCJddo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. The kind of choke he's talking about is a blood choke, it stops blood from getting to your brain and causes you to pass out. They're not dangerous, it's totally obvious when someone goes unconscious from one.

Obviously if you're strangling someone for 60+seconds after they've passed out, that's dangerous, but that would never happen in MMA.

Yes. There's no danger of long term injury like a joint lock submission hold.

Not meaning to sound like an edgelord here, but why do they stop them?
They've both signed waivers against dying or whatever, right? Why don't they just let guys go at it full on until one of them stops moving?

You don't sound edgy, you sound stupid user.

>he thinks this would sit well with people
>he thinks this would be profitable

MMA has taken great pains to become something resembling a real sport. Referees only gained power to stop fights because John McCarthy (who's THE mma ref) said he would never ref a fight again at an early UFC show if he didn't have the power to stop it. Prior to this fights could only end if one fighter was out cold, gave up by tapping the mat or if his corner threw in the towel, and that lead to some really horrifying shit.

How's Tim Hague doing?

Explain it to me then, i'm being serious here.
People want to see a fight. I just think more people would want to see one where there wasn't some guy breaking things up every 5 seconds.

MMA by far has the most continuous action of any combat sport. Things are only broken up if the referee determines that the grappling exchanges are being stalled out or a foul has occurred.
Also, look up early UFC and vale tudo (true no rules fighting from Brazil) fights, the Bloodsport ruleset doesn't make for better fights.

What sort of shit? Did people actually die?
I'm not meaning to stir up shit in this thread, i'm just legit curious about it.
I understand that theres rules about no biting, or fish hooking and all that, I can understand it to a degree. But i've always thought MMA stuff 'should' be brutal like that, its not some scripted bullshit (as far as i'm aware?)
Not saying I want to see people die, but I just wish there 'was' a more brutal version, where its literally just two guys beating the shit out of each other.

More people would be against it because they don't want to see someone die. Very few people would want to do something for a living where there was a 50% chance of dying every time they went to their job-- especially not for an amount of money that would still make a fighting league profitable. Also, what advertisers would want their ads running on a death sport?

Stopping a choke early sounds so fucking dumb

They choked out you'll know as a fighter , ref and viewer immediately
There has been stupid refs that allow a fighter already passed out to continue to get choked out because they're retards (cecil)

they should just make them fight to the death with 400 lb gorillas desu

>Did people actually die?
More that you see a guy who's too dazed and concussed to do anything but cover up getting his head punched or stomped into the ground for a full minute.
I personally prefer the Japanese ruleset of MMA compared to the Unified Rules, it allowed kicks and knees to the heads of grounded opponents. It felt more brutal and realistic without being silly about it like the early days.

Early US MMA was literal human cock fighting that had fighters fighting people 10 pounds to 20 pounds heavier than them while carrying a 4 to 6 inch advantage . Imagine a 5 foot 8 inch man weighing 200 fighting a 6 foot 4 man weighing 210. Rules at the time in the 90s when MMA in the US lifted off were no hair tugging and low blows . That's all.

It was still 10x tamer than Brazilian MMA where they had no rules at all(vale tudo) and led to many early career ending matches for fighters

so just like connor mcgregor vs mayweather?

Hair pulling and low blows actually were allowed. Fish hooking and eye gouges were the ones that were banned.
10-20 pounds is a huge understatement too.

Conor is going to fuck Floyd up

You seriously need someone to explain to you why it would be bad for the company and the sport as a whole if they let their athletes seriously injure themselves and even risk having one of them die? The UFC has tried for years to get rid of their bloodsport stigma and be seen as a mainstream, legitimate sport. Having late stoppages that put the fighters at serious risk would be the worst PR they could possibly get.

>until one of them stops moving
That's what they already do, stopping at the point of unconsciousness. Your real question seems to be asking: "why don't they keep hitting so they stay unconscious?"

The answer is hitting someone who is already unconscious is much more dangerous. That's why the stoppage is important, no one wants that much brain damage. A little brain damage is OK, but not too much, lel.

is vale tudo like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=v-ozS3T6fIM

Why is Floyd standing on a stool?

Why is there freemason symbol on the poster

His role in Twin Peaks was great.

whos?

What is this blatant misinformation? The referees stop it when a fighter is no longer able or willing to intelligently defend themselves.

No that's a random street fight. When people talk about vale tudo they usually mean the unsanctioned underground fights in brazil before mma became a thing. But those were still legitimate fights inside a proper ring and with a referee. Just no holds barred and bare knuckles.

>he bets

mcgregors odds are 6
should I bet 100 bucks on him?

does he really have any chance?

You're talking about TKOs which is a different kind of stoppage. With KOs the refs don't stop the fight because they're not defending, they stop it because a fighter went unconscious. There's been plenty of guys who are absolutely pissed because they only went out for a second but the fight was stopped.

>does he really have any chance?
Not really, no. He's never fought professionally in the sport and throwing hands in MMA and boxing is not totally analogous to each other.

you have to make that decision on your own buddy

those odds are a dream for the bookies

dont fall for the mcgregor can win meme

How much you lose on Ronda?

Yeah I thought his issue was with ref stoppages and not stopping a fight because somebody is blatantly unconscious. Pretty ridiculous post 2bh.

well with TKOs the rule isn't even MMA exclusive, they do the exact same thing in boxing so he can just go ask the boxing community instead.

probably one of the producing sponsors/investors that shit is especially prevalent in big money sports

100-1 it goes to decision and McGregor wins. Almost dumb not to put 10 bucks on it.

dude they already beat the shit out of each other what more do you want, why don't you step in the ring little bitch

Put 5 bucks on it instead senpai, it'll make the match more interesting without blowing a hunnit on a man who never boxed before

no he doesn't have a hope in hell and everyone involved knows it, the fight itself is a ridiculous money making spectacle, that's the only reason it's happening.

youtu.be/swRbjeCJddo

Brutal shit