How has someone not developed this into a series yet...

How has someone not developed this into a series yet? You could run it for decades and still have source material to pull from. Just from a business standpoint I don't understand why Netflix or HBO haven't already grabbed it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APiMp_tZvcs
scp-wiki.net/fear-alone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_(TV_series)
scp-wiki.net/scp-093,
scp-wiki.net/scp-507,
scp-wiki.net/scp-1985,
scp-wiki.net/top-rated-pages
scp-wiki.net/scp-173
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

heard max landis was shamelessly ripping it off for something

Cabin in the woods

SCP is jointly owned by hundreds of different writers, many of whom are inactive and no longer able to be contacted.
It'd be a clusterfuck and autists would just be clamoring to get their pet fave featured to no avail. More trouble than it's worth.

I'm only interested in the Ivan Chesnokov ripoff that leads one of the containment teams.

There's some good SCPs though. Like the magical Japanese sword that is just a regular, average sword but anyone who holds it becomes convinced that it is mythically sharp and has legendary capabilities.

Anything that tries to establish characters or consistent lore in the SCP universe is mad lame in my opinion. Starts feeling like fan-fiction.

Basically X Files meets Men In Black

Are We Cool Yet is quite possibly the gayest thing in all of the written works of the English language.

Channel Zero is based on creepypasta

Honestly all you'd need to frame a series around are a few basic things.

1. Foundation exists, has limitless funds and power due to agreements with every country.

2. Skips exist, and its the foundations job to contain and study them.

3. Establish the O5, D Class, Researchers and Agents.

Everything else can be adlibbed or adapted from the work.

i just want to see www.scp-wiki.net/scp-106 onscreen desu senpai

106 literally haunts my nightmares. Have you read any of Dr. Gears' other stories about it?

Warehouse 13 had a similar concept. Capturing and storing away anomalous items.

Not much in the way of a creepy/horror theme.

desu SCP is known mostly for horror but different SCPs and stories cover a surprising number of themes

I want to see procedure 110 Montauk

Because most of the entries are fucking trash which read like a 12 year olds idea of creepy is.

The same guys made Friday the 13th: the Series.
Same concept, but with some creepy vibe to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=APiMp_tZvcs

Read this: scp-wiki.net/fear-alone and then read below:

SURPRISE!!!

major difference is that Warehouse 13 was a bunch of incompetent idiots spending the entire season fixing the problems they themselves caused
while the Foundation is humanity's best barely succeeding at dealing with the inherent weirdness of the universe

well at least when anything SCP related is written by competent people

Many series and movies are just like that though, so it would feel like already covered ground.

Wynonna Earp
Hellboy
Cabin in the Woods
Friday the 13th the series
Warehouse 13
The Librarian movies+The Librarians tv series
Slepy Hollow tv series
Fringe
X-Files
Poltergeist the series
Sanctuary

Yeah. That is true.

Warehouse 13 never really scratched the SCP itch for me.
Basically the Warehouse was just one giant storage building that magically contained everything and enlargened to accomodate everything in it.

One part of the draw SCP has, is trying to get a grip on those object using more or less scientific methods and dealing with them with modern technology and lots of disposable personnel.

Towards the end of Warehouse 13, there was a time travel/alternate universe episode into a future version of the Warehouse. All gleaming hallways and uniformed goons. Which was surprisingly close to how I imagine an SCP containment facility.

Yeah, you would not watch the show for creative and well-written handling of the objects.

I watched it more as a group of friends go on adventures kinda show. And of course for the added "let's cast a nerdy, cute girl to bait all the basement dwellers" appeal.

But still the show is the closest in premise to SCP, I can think of.

Black Badge Division in Wynonna Earp is basically SCP. They're in every episodes, but are not the protags of the show though.

The Initiative in Buffy would be a close second, but it was only in season 4 that they did more than kill and destroy. It didn't end well for them when trying to go science on magic's ass.

Interesting. I have seen Wynonna Earp pop up, but never really looked into what it is about. I did not know it was about supernatural stuff. Actually, I never looked at it.

I might check it out now. Thanks.

that's what could make anything SCP related interesting: usually the big shadowy organization exists as either antagonists or something akin to a force of nature to oppose the protagonists
while this time the perspective shifts and you can see the inner workings of said organization, notice the fact they're made up of people, not emotionless robots and course give another look at the hijinks the various typical protagonists get up to and what happens if they inevitably actually fail.

It's low-budget. Think Buffy meets Supernatural by way of Lost Girl, if that makes sense.

The plot is very similar to Buffy/Angel and Supernatural (weird town, chosen one, magic demon killing gun, western vibes, humor, bar that is now run by a supernatural guy, cute cast that can also act, etc.)

It's worth a watch, but it's not "good". It's decent at best.

Sanctuary.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_(TV_series)

It's pretty good and close to what you were talking about.

The problem with making an SCP series is that any SCP able to be self-contained in a single episode/arc is not interesting enough to be features, and any SCP interesting enough to be entertaining would need an entire series dedicated to itself to work.

Think of SCP-93 scp-wiki.net/scp-093, a disc that transports us into a doomed reality in which a doomsday scenario brought on by faith and obscure zealot technology has created a monster we know nothing about

Think of SCP-507 scp-wiki.net/scp-507, the dimension hopper that visits an entirely new and different reality in completely random moments, with each world being either an interesting sight on its own, or an insight of what could happen to our own world

SCP-1985 scp-wiki.net/scp-1985, same concept, but immortal and always hopping to a dimension where the world has ended due to something related to what triggered her jump

And then there's the Church of the Broken God, the Blood Lake, SCP-2000, so many concepts that would need a series of their own to work.
The only SCPs people know that would even work in single episodes would be pretty lackluster, and the only reason people would know them in the first place would probably be because they were written by someone part of the supreme circlejerk of "Doctors"

They would have NO FUCKING IDEA as to how to approach it

This

those doctor personas of the writers are full cringe desu

Who here has written a letter thanking the Foundation members for keeping us safe? I already sent them mine

I do expect SCP to get franchised along with Local-58 by some big Hollywood producer in the not to distant future.

I don't think it has as much market appeal as you're thinking. It might get off the ground as a Sy-Fy series that gets cancels before a third season is made.

Movies would be the better way to go. Lost footage films could rake in cash.

im too retarded to figure out where to start with scp

>then he rode SCP-682 like a t-rex it was hella f*ckin epic
This actually happens in one story. TRASH

scp-wiki.net/top-rated-pages

Read the numbered entries, anything with a -J after it is a joke page.

Best ones are the toaster, sculpture (173) and the staircase.

thankfully they've stepped away from that sort of thing
the site can have it's moments, one of the highest rated recent pages was someone managing to get Ikea themed horror to work

are you guys fucking with me?

scp-wiki.net/scp-173
literally a two paragraph description of a papermache costume and its the top rated one?
am i missing something?

It's the "original" SCP, the one that started the site and that brought SCP on the map as a concept.
The high score is just because of the "legacy", you see it a lot with very old SCPs since they're just voted up by the community because "Oh, it's a classic"
There's also vote inflation.
Many people don't want to wade through thousands of shitty uninteresting pages to find the good ones, so 90% of readers will just click on "Top rated", read those, and vote them up again.

A "Top Rated" old SCP will usually have votes between 600 and 1000 and if it's just decent, while an excellent "New SCP" will average under 200 because of this phenomenon

they've actually recently changed this policy
top rated now shows the top rated pages this month and you need to click further to find the top rated of all times
the top rated work the month it was introduced managed to break 300 before said month ended

Only a couple of SCP stories are actually coherent and good. The rest of it is meme spouting REDACTED trash

>literally a two paragraph description of a papermache costume and its the top rated one?
173 predates the Doctor Who angels. At the time the concept of a statue or monster the only moves when you're not looking was original.

... its literally a childs game turned into a monster. that shit aint original

Too bad what happened to TVTropes also happened to SCP. Too many fucktarded normies dropped in and spammed up the entire thing with their bullshit like 10 years ago and it's never been good since then.

I miss the early days of /x/ and pre-/x/ Sup Forums. (not the old /x/ - photography board obviously)

The whole thing is in creative commons, free to use even commcercially. Every channel could start their own SCP show and would have to pay nobody for the ideas.

This.

We played that shit in the late 1970s early 1980s. Our version had 1 person that was "it" who had to tag everyone else. A lamp post on the street was a safe base if you were touching it. If you looked at the person who was "it" they couldn't move, like frozen in time statue mode. If they touched you, you also became "it" and helped them under the same rules.

Later on we changed it so that you had to shine a light on the person who was "it", thus meaning you could really only shine it on 1 person at a time unless they were close together. That upped the difficulty for fast evasion and made it much more fun and easy to tell who needed to freeze.

That was actually a really fun game.

???
No. That shit has been in movies, tv and books for years before Who.

It's in Stephen King's The Shining ffs (not the movie, but they did do that part from the book in the mini-series).

Sure they did, faggot.

They did. That's a fact. I gave you one example: the edge animals from The Shining. 70s book. 1997 mini-series.

HBO & NETFLIX is becoming the WHAT IF PLATINUMGAMES/FROMSOFTWARE MADE A ZELDA GAME LOL WOULDN'T THAT BEE COOOLLL of tv and film

just shut the fuck. shut it, and kill yourself

they should make it as corny as possible like goosebumps or are you afraid of the dark

lol what the fuck how poor were you that you couldn't afford a playstation

He spent all his money ontime travel to get to a year the playstation was invented and couldn't afford to buy it.

IRON-Y

Blair Witch from the new movie is basically the female version of 106