/who/ - Doctor Who General

History is a whitewash edition
WE WUZ:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sVEY5AL5zzk
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Blinovitch_Limitation_Effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that The Doctor Falls will be disappointing and you shouldn't be hyped for it.

Reminder Moffat is a pandering hack.

Asylum of the Daleks could've been fucking great

Instead we get 3 minutes of daleks and a brown storage facility.

I wanted to see insane Daleks, multiple levels of the asylum (each themed), and a simple action plot where the doctor has to do x and get out, but he has to go through all that shit first.

Might as well post the clocks, just because I took the time to make the screenshots.

Here is the first time it was shown. When Bill first woke up after her partial conversion.

and here it is after she had more than settled in and had been given a job as a janitor.

user, AotD was a seteup to introduce CLALA, nothing more

Shame the marketing for the episode hyped it up as being "EVERY DALEK EVER!" and "OMG ITS THE SPECIAL WEAPONS DALEK!"

>bill is gay
>she came out of the closet at some point
>bill converts to a cyberman
>she comes out of the closet to surprise the Doctor and Nardole

It's like pottery.

>it'd had been 1000 years in the bottom end of the ship
jesus

If only 20 people went down and it'd been a thousand years, wouldn't that mean that at some point inbreeding would have started?

and here's the other side of the first shot of the clock.
Just in case someone wants it.

Why do you think everyone was so sick?

Why is it first 10:45:17 and later 10:45:00?
Both of them are in day 2

Because someone screwed up the big reveal on just how much time has passed.

So it was only one year she was there?

Reminder that doctor who was a mistake

Doctor Poo

Billie Piper is so fucking hot at certain angles and such a weird monkey at others.

Should have put Nardy in there desu.

Does it bother anyone else that their mouths don't open when they talk?

They open a little sometimes

Huh? They stretch a bit if I remember correctly.

I want fully open mouths like in the original though.

Mackie is doing her best with an awful script so she's good in my books.
Moff hasn't been great since S5 and a few episodes and specials. It's all Moffat's fault people hate her.

Anyone notice how the presence of the clocks made no sense? I mean, time only moved differently because of the black hole, so why would they put clocks to show different times?

Can you imagine being Simm and having to watch the Doctor twitch his eyebrow for an entire week?

They only installed the clocks after the blackhole fiasco so they can know how their time is different.

Yeah, I called it like a month ago. It moves a little, but no where near as much as we'd like

Has there ever been a more aesthetically unpleasing black women on television before... its like they said "quick, find us the ugliest black chick in the UK for this role"

Why do people have to be so racist? Also she got on the show because she's a good actress.

I stooped watching it because of the niggres lesbian.
im sory but i cant handle it, the fact that she is ugly as fuck does not help.
if she was a qu lesbian fine or a qt balck gir, but this abomination is too much, and the history bs is the creem of the corp.

Have you seen All 4's Chewing Gum?

Courtney Woods

I am sure the surgeons had to cut off a great deal of her nose inorder to get the cloth mask to fit her.

Pretty sure Moffat did say he wanted to do a very specific story with this companion
Obviously he wanted a minority

Reminder that The Doctor Falls will be disappointing but we should still be hyped for it because we're getting more Simm.

Wait, what? But Razor tells her she was unconscious for weeks or months, and then in a later scene she says 'How many more years?' must they wait for the Doctor.

Just from the poster alone, you can tell it'll be Hell Bent 2

Has S10 really been that terrible that we need Simm to save us?

>Implying people are racist for pointing out a that person is ascetically unpleasing.

Yes

Only started watching with this season.
did they imply that missy is the same person as that guy who took his mask off?

Simm would be welcome even in a 10/10 season, what are you saying

>Razor tells her she was unconscious for weeks or months
Nothing in this says she couldn't have been unconscious for that long

>How many more years?
It had already been a little over 1 year. It little awkward in it's phrasing but still correct enough.

Not imply. She is. 'That guy' is the Master from S3-S4 and Missy is the Master from S8-now. They're a Time Lord, like the Doctor. He's a previous incarnation.

This must be a weird season to start on.

You know how there have been 13 different actors who have portrayed the Doctor? Well they have an in-universe explanation for that. Every time a time lord is mortally injured, they can cheat death by "regenerating". The downside though, is their face and personality change. And rarely, especially when you're written by Moffat, your gender can change too.
youtube.com/watch?v=sVEY5AL5zzk

Thanks for reminding me of how disappointing MGSV was.

Oh I looked at the image wrong.

Just one year makes more sense. I thought if Bill had to do that for multiple years she'd be way more worn out/depressed.

Who installed the clocks?

Me

Wow you guys are helpful! It is weird and maybe I should've started on his first season or something. The episodes aren't that great if I'm to be honest but looking around it seems like this season is actually a step down from the previous.

That's really interesting, didn't realize you can time travel and see your other self. Can the Doctor also do that? How many Time Lords are there even?

Asking all these questions made me realize that I know absolutely nothing.

Good ep

Probably the blue guy.

Jesus Moffat.

She looks like Klinger.

An ugly girl to match the ugliest Doctor and the ugly Nardole.

Yeah, despite them claiming that S10 was going to be a good jumping on point, it really wasn't. You should've started with S1, S5, or S8. Next year will be a great year for beginners though, since the showrunner is changing. It'll be like a brand new show.

>Can the Doctor also do that?
Yeah, it's happened a few times in anniversary specials. This is the first time there's been a multi-Master episode on-screen though.

>How many Time Lords are there even?
The Doctor and the Master are essentially it in the new series. I could list a bunch of others but you'll never see them in a new episode so it would be pointlessly confusing.

If you're new to Doctor Who. The episode THE WEB PLANET, will tell you just about everything you need to know!

>ugliest Doctor
That's not Matt Smith.

Shut up, Capaldi is my DADDY

Yes you can but it's generally a bad idea: tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Blinovitch_Limitation_Effect

>How many Time Lords are there even?
There are at least a hundred but the only ones in the new series are the Doctor and the Master if you count a Time Lord as an academy rank on Gallifrey.

In order of the Time Lords most likely to appear in the new series, it would be Romana, the Meddling Monk and the Rani (kek).

>What are your unpopular Doctor Who opinions?
>I think Clara is ba-

I don't like Blink and Girl in the Fireplace. Never connected with them as a child, still can't now. Also The Doctors Wife is dogshit

>There are at least a hundred
What a bizarre number to come up with.

Also people react to new viewers asking questions in such a weird and slightly embarrassing way. Linking the TARDIS wiki page on the blinovitch limitation effect? Really? I've wasted many hours reading eye stories and listening to ear stories, and I still would have absolutely no interest in reading about the blinovitch limitation effect. What enjoyment could a new fan possibly get out of it?

Amy and Rory were great.

I don't like the show saying the full name of the companion over and over again

I did the math for shits and giggles. The length of the ship and the difference in time rates requires that the front of the ship be something like 500 feet from the event horizon of the black hole.

Clara Who? Spin off when?

do we know who the new dr is yet

dont they usually announce it?

or will it end with him regen and we wont actually see till christmas

Too busy working on second season of Victoria.

It's basically confirmed that Kris Marshall is taking over. Have you been living under a rock?

>STILL thinking 13 will be male

You're going to be disappointed when you see Tom Rosenthals face

You mean Tom Rosenthal

Yes, xe had a sex change

We needed at least one more year of Capaldi!

How did he know how fast the ship was going at the other end?
He didn't even know it was going slower until the doctor explained
And wasn't there a clock on the fast bottom end of the ship?

The blue guy never went down
Everyone who went down never got back up

What's stopping people from going back to floor 0

Simm more than likely
Simm as well to

>History is a whitewash
>literally every previous episode where the Doctor goes back to the past is now a lie

Of course it's written by a fucking woman.

Krillitane yourself, boardie scum.

Why was there a blue guy on a Mondas ship?

RAZOR: We have to be strong!
BILL: There are lifts
RAZOR: There are many dangers
[...]
RAZOR: You do not understand the dangers

Then he says something about the persons who went up to room 507 and that they never came back

So he can call the Doctor a racist for flipping him in the next episode.

where are the nardol lewds

Stop using that word

No.

He was the janitor
Maybe on Mondas the slaves were blue instead of black

That was obviously a bluff. His thte only person who determines who goes up and down the lift. The "Exodus" is just an excuse to start the cybermen.

Mondasian diversity quotas

Good morning RTDchads!

I've got one but the last time I posted it I got banned

Razor is the funniest character Moffat has ever written. Prove me wrong. You can't.

Stop this stupid meme
It only causes shitposting and showrunner wars

that's why you link it then delete after 5 minutes

>Nardol is the funniest character Moffat has ever written
fix'd