Some reservations I have about voting for Trump. Please dispel them for me

Some reservations I have about voting for Trump. Please dispel them for me.

He wants to bring back manufacturing jobs to the US. Raise tariffs and import taxes in order to discourage corporations from outsourcing manufacturing jobs, thus forcing them to base manufacturing in the US. Yes, this does bring back jobs to the American people, but this could be disastrous. First of all, prices of things in general will skyrocket. When a company can no longer pay some Malaysian sex cents an hour to sit on a production line and fill whatever role, and have to pay unionized, law-protected employees livable salaries, it will be forced to raise the price of its products by pretty high margins. Your nike shoes or iPads would cost much more, and thus you would be taking away buying power from average citizens. You are also telling privately run companies where they need to base manufacturing, and that they need to completely restructure their chains of shipping, production, manufacturing; etc, which could be incredibly costly. This could strip companies of their options, take away a lot buying power from the average person, etc. all for the sake of returning low skill, low paying blue collar jobs to Americans out of some vague principle.
Am I wrong? I want to be. Help me understand why basing manufacturing in the US could be a good thing.
Also, he is entirely against environmental regulation. Something desperately needed. We just recorded the worst hurricane season in history this past year, glaciers and other arctic structures are disappearing at alarming rates, and weather conditions in general seem to be ramping up to be harsher and harsher. This has a multitude of economic, social, and environmental consequences that are too much to be ignored. Do I have reason to not worry?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/02/05/the-fascinating-bit-of-the-us-labor-productivity-numbers-where-the-manufacturing-jobs-have-gone/#7ce423b72de9
nam.org/Newsroom/Top-20-Facts-About-Manufacturing/
cnbc.com/2015/09/30/apple-iphone-6s-plus-costs-236-to-make-sells-for-749.html
recode.net/2014/9/23/11631182/teardown-shows-apples-iphone-6-cost-at-least-200-to-build
appleinsider.com/articles/15/10/28/apple-rd-spending-hit-81b-in-2015-suggests-continued-work-on-massive-project
factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just go to a trump rally and see if any of the inbred mouth breathers have even half the brain cells needed to understand this

fuck off CTR
sage

we need to dispel this notion that barack obama doesn't know what he's doing.

Thanks for actually making an argument against Trump based in his policy.

Protectionist policues will raise prices in the short term. However, keep in mind that the American economy is stronger for having more goods manufactured within its borders, not without. Trump''s plans will strengthen the American dollar, and it will also force businesses to make a lasting investment in American economy should they wish to trade with the influential and ever-growing market of American consumers. Also, taxing foreign goods will reduce the tax burden on citizens, which will mean more money in their pockets.

I'll add that the price of goods will drop if they are too expensive for people to afford.

Not a shill. I'm a dude in his room looking for an answer because I want to vote for Trump. I hate all the faggotry of the left. I hate political correctness and I think we shouldn't let muslims into this country. I also hate niggers. I just don't want to vote for him if it'll bode poorly for the economy in general.

blind faggot.

Look mate, Trump is shit, we all know that

But his election will be a small victory and morale boost for nationalism and the altistic right globally

Even if he loses, we forcefully opened topics of discussions which were previously strictly forbidden

He wants to renegotiate trade deals for us, tariffs are a last resort. We have the highest trade deficit in the world we pay country's to trade with us, that's why foreign goods are so cheap here.

>Also, taxing foreign goods will reduce the tax burden on citizens, which will mean more money in their pockets.
If you're taxing the shit out of foreign goods, will it not discourage their import, and thus make it so that it's not really viable to import them in the first place? Not sure if that mean of income is enough to make up the difference

>Trump''s plans will strengthen the American dollar, and it will also force businesses to make a lasting investment in American economy should they wish to trade with the influential and ever-growing market of American consumers
can you elaborate? this seems kind of vague

Yeah, I completely understand that and want that to happen. But I don't think it's necessarily worth it

>Am I wrong? I want to be. Help me understand why basing manufacturing in the US could be a good thing.
-Tariffs are only used if countries refuse to have fair trade with us.
-Prices on some imported goods will go up, but nothing too far from what we can afford. People need to remember that they don't NEED tons of chinese crap. You don't need 10 toasters, or 5 pairs of tennis shoes. This lifestyle Americans have today is disgusting.
-The hardest part is getting the infrastructure in place. Once we get that, prices will go down on these goods.
-The benefit of wealth flowing back to the bottom and the additional jobs is worth it. The only people who will be hurting are the companies that get rich off selling or buying cheap garbage.
>Do I have reason to not worry?
CLEAN AIR AND CLEAN WATER. But really, you seem to be infected with The White Man's Burden. The belief that white countries have to solve all the problems. China and other highly polluting countries are a much bigger worry, and crippling our country and feeding subsidy money to the welfare whores known as the green energy industry is not going to solve our problems.

If there's actually something we can do, Trump can be convinced to do it, but we're not going to choke small towns out of their lifelines and raise the cost of energy because the planet's climate has been and will always continue to change.

Cost of goods will go up. But so will the quality, as it'll no longer be cheap disposable chinese junk, but quality made in 'murica goods.

So, yes, you'll buy less shit, but it'll be better shit. So not only do we get jobs, rampant consumerism gets taken down a notch as well.

Truly Making America Great Again!

Just do this
Think of all the calamity which will befall America and the World with that womna in the oval office

think of it.

if it doesn't leave you sweating, shaking and crying out for Trump you haven't the ability to think and should be gassed.

Manufacturing jobs are in decline because of automatisation. America is one of the biggest manufacturers in the world, and manufactures more shit now than ever before. Trump is deluded if he thinks raising tariffs will suddenly mean thousands of people are back in factories. All it will do is make you poorer.

Manufacturing has been on the decline nationally many manufacturers are downsizing due due to over regulation and labor costs. (Source) I own a manufacturing company.

could the downsizing of large manufacturers mean more potential for free market competition

>we forcefully opened topics of discussions which were previously strictly forbidden
Go back in time to 1953 and you could still have those discussions

>Also, he is entirely against environmental regulation
>We just recorded the worst hurricane season in history

Where's the proof this is caused by human activity and evidence that our actions can turn it around?

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/02/05/the-fascinating-bit-of-the-us-labor-productivity-numbers-where-the-manufacturing-jobs-have-gone/#7ce423b72de9
nam.org/Newsroom/Top-20-Facts-About-Manufacturing/

Maybe you should make better products.

TrumpFags are cancer that have imageboards.

That interview never happened. Stop falling for memes.

>calamity

Full Definition of calamity
plural calamities

: a state of deep distress or misery caused by major misfortune or loss

: a disastrous event marked by great loss and lasting distress and suffering

There is a lot shit made in America.

It's shit. Mostly.

You have to look at the profit margin of the products manufactured...

The iPhone costs about $250.00 to make and they're sold for +$700.00.

cnbc.com/2015/09/30/apple-iphone-6s-plus-costs-236-to-make-sells-for-749.html

That's almost a 200% profit margin. This is common in manufacturing in general. Forcing companies to manufacture here wouldn't require an increase of prices. It would mean a reduction of the company profit margins, which may have a short term effect on the company's stock and a long term affect on the divided payouts (this could affect mutual funds, etc).

Trump is a business man. If he thought forcing businesses to stay "stateside" was detrimental he wouldn't push for it.

That's the cost of materials.

Add in the labor costs.

Add in the cost to ship.

Add in admin costs like r&d.

Then you get your profit goy.

That's materials and labor.

recode.net/2014/9/23/11631182/teardown-shows-apples-iphone-6-cost-at-least-200-to-build

Secondly, the cost of R&D is minuscule. Something like 3% of Apple sales.

appleinsider.com/articles/15/10/28/apple-rd-spending-hit-81b-in-2015-suggests-continued-work-on-massive-project

The point is to answer the OP in explaining that moving manufacturing back here wouldn't 'require' a rise in prices. It would be purely corporate greed that would use the excuse to raise them.

Trumps Plan
>Coporate Tax rate would be set to 15% or below (same as China and India's)

>Abolish Federal Minimum Wage and allow States to decide Wages.

>Get rid of regulations, unions and laws that ruin manufacturing

> Trump
> Shit
Pick one friendo

Even if it's all automated, why not automate it in America? We've got the land for it.

fake meme
factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

Prices on manufactured goods *would* peak in the short term and then stabilize at a higher-than-before rate... but this is not necessarily a bad thing.

The rampant consumerism we've seen the last 30 years has been good for GDP, but no so great for US interests and employment. The export of manufacturing jobs to Asia and the disappearance of repair and maintenance jobs brought about by the availability of cheap throwaway luxury items has left millions of Americans unemployed, and has dramatically skewed the American job market from blue collar to white collar. That means less low-skill employment which means more Americans going into debt getting college degrees in a desperate attempt to qualify for a dwindling field of jobs.

Worse is the way that this consumerism has pushed us towards a bubble-based economy. We're not a nation that makes and exports things anymore, instead we've become a nation that buys things and invests our money in the things made by others... again, this leads to bigger profits, but at the cost of economic stability. We've spent most of the last 30 years jumping from bubble to recession to bubble instead of enjoying slow the slow but steady growth we enjoyed as a manufacturing powerhouse after the war.

Your wrong the shit didn't skyrocket pre Clinton Era ceos just didn't make thousands of percent more than their employees

Protectionist economic views never mean to move all foreign manufacturing back to the American markets, we're not going to be making our own fucking plastic forks are you insane?