DC's Hanna Barbara

Okay Sup Forums, who did it best?

Flintstones was the only one I cared about reading but it was pretty good. About what I expected from Russell after Prez and I'm glad he delivered.

Flintstones > Future Quest = Scooby Apocalypse > Wacky Raceland

Coincidentally, that's the opposite order of how much I was interested in them.
Yaaaay.

This is actually 100% correct.

Flintstones was fucking amazing. Wacky Races is all "every man is a hilarious 2 dimensional stereotype, but the one woman is a brave heroine."

Future Quest made me feel like a kid again

The Flintstones made me think about the satire it was laying down

Scooby Apocalypse made me shrug with indifference

Wacky Raceland just made me shake my head

I don't care about Raceland so I didn't read it. But all the others were great.
Flinstones was just absolutely brilliant. And Scooby Doo was the nicest surprise because I expected it to suck.

Scooby Apocalypse is a heap load of fun.
Flintstones and Future Quest are good.

Wacky Raceland is just potential and good bits mired in a lot of missteps.

there were no good bits in that comic

Nah, there were.
They were just overshadowed by how badly the race was depicted.

I liked the origin back-up and I hope they do more.

What made the Flintstones one good?

puns and dark humor with some satire sprinkled in

Satire of what?

I dont think Wacky Racers was disappointing, but I can see it falling flat. The pacing was really off for their first issue.

I LOVE The Flintstones. This will Probably be a consistent buy for me.

Future Quest was fucking great. Didn't read anything else except Flintstones and I can't say I was too into it like everyone else here

Dave, I don't mean this as an attack or anything, but when are you gonna admit that bad comics are just bad? It seems like you feel the need to defend something that is quite possible, you know, awful or mediocre at best.

Just kind of generally modern society, but it's not really heavy or political.

Did anyone storytime Flintstones?

You said there were no good bits.
I disagree.

I agree that it is the real misfire of the first wave, but I thought the origin back up was fine and that if they cleaned it up a bit it had a tone I was kinda into.

I would ask you what else you might be referring to...but I don't want to get off topic.

Future Quest is absolutely perfect.

yeah

Check the Archive. It was done earlier.

I need to see more from Future Quest. I liked it, but I just don't really know where it's going.

The first issue was slow, but the second one was top fucking notch.

Birdman is my husbando.

Shit, I missed issue 2 of that.

Came out today too.
It's in the same thread as Flintstones.

Well fuck...

This.

The Flintstones was unironically one of the best written things I've read from DC in years.

The Flintstones is so good on so many levels it's really hard to put it into words. It's probably the best #1 I've read in years.

The fact that it's a scathing indictment of capitalism, neoliberalism, and the forces at be that even led to this comics' own fucking existence was not what I was expecting. What a treat.

When I first heard the announcement my level of interest was
Future Quest>>>Wacky Wasteland>>>>>Scooby Apocalypse>Flintstones

Now that everything is out.

Future Quest>Flintstones>Scooby Apocalypse>>>>>>Wacky Wasteland

You just described the cartoon the comic was based on.

How is the new Scooby book? What's the basic premise? Does it cater to fans of the original show with a new slant like Flinstones and Wacky, or does it do its own thing?

Penelope wasn't a heroine, she was a ditz.

The characters are pretty much the same, especially Shaggy and Scoob, but in this nanites turn the world into monsters and the gang has to deal with this shit.

Flinstones was fantastic
but I also really like Scooby
because I'm a filthy degenerate and I like the idea of everyone in the world being tf'd into monsters

She wasn't exactly a heroine in issue #1 either, she was just the most competent racer, just like in the show. She always had the most wins.

>How's the new scooby book?
Very good
>Basic Premise
The gang has to meet and band together to face a nanite-mutant filled apocalypse
>Cater or own thing
Own thing

>When I first heard the announcement my level of interest was
>Future Quest>>>Wacky Wasteland>>>>>Scooby Apocalypse>Flintstones
This so fucking much, I never expected to enjoy a Flinstones comic.

The new scooby doo premise seems to lead more to them being monster exterminators rather than mystery solvers since most people have been transformed into monsters via nanomachines but the banter between the cast is solid.

Very good

Nanites are released and turn people into monsters

Shaggy and Scooby are basically the same, and while I can see why people wouldn't like Fred, Velma, or Daphne, the changes they made make sense for the world they're building and I can see how they'd get character development.

Wacky Raceland wants the Mad Max crowd and that's want ruins it for me, it should have just been a modern reboot of the Wacky Racers like what Flintstones did.

Future Quest>Flintstones>Scooby Doo>Wacky Races

Well shit.

I'm with you. Future Quest seemed like it was a continuation of the 60's cartoons. Flintstones is a modernization of the original. Scooby Apocalypse admittedly was different but there have been dozens of different iterations over the years so who cares.

Wacky Wasteland was really out of place compared to the others. It doesn't seem to have spirit of the original and the art is too distracting for me.