Am I the only one who hopes Logan is never Wolverine again?

Am I the only one who hopes Logan is never Wolverine again?

Why would anyone even want to be Wolverine?
It's not an inspiring identity, it's a pretty shitty legacy.
Anywho... is Laura Canadian too?

I'm sure some Disney execs feel the same way.

I don't care. I hate Logan. But that costume is terrible.

Right enough, why WOULD anyone want the Wolverine mantle?

He was an angry murderer manlet. He fought alongside people who tried non-lethal then he would run in and fucking puncture someones fucking throat

> Is Laura Canadian too?

Maybe, Logan is her sperm daddy, but I doubt she has citizenship there. Though maybe she does along with a shit ton other countries.

Oh yeah the one thing I wanted after Laura spent most of her repetitive character arcs trying to find herself outside Wolverine's shadow and become little more than Lil' Logan was to literally wear Logan's face.

At least Daken was doing it ironically.

I thought Laura was a clone

Anywho

>removing one of the few Canadian heroes

For shame, Marvel, for shame

Although...
>Wolverine
>Hero
I do see the issue

>is Laura Canadian too?
You know she's a clone made in a clandestine underground lab right? Nationality is really besides the point.

>literal girl Wolverine
>EVER escaping Wolverines shadow

You might as well embrace it. The character has nowhere to go.

Wolverine was ruined when he became an Avenger. He became a traitor.

I like inverted Sabretooth more than Wolverine after the mid 2000s.

Right now I would rather have a Old Man Logan be deaged, that get the death Wolverine back.

I'm waiting until Laura stops being a tryhard

If they stop writing her like a teenage girl that speaks in text speak, sure.

Logan will always be Wolverine. No matter how hard Disney tries to promote his shitty clone, Logan will never be replaced in my heart.

I like Laura as a character, its amazing how progressive Marvel is:
Woman Wolverine
Woman Thor
Woman Ironman

almost all the Avengers are women, or at least every single flagship characters.

SpiderGwen, Gwenpool, and a female Vision are next to completely fill the roles and soon, hopefully my PC bros, every Marvel Character will be a Black Woman or MiddleEastern Trans

Am i the only one that think that Laura as Wolverine was a big mistake because she wanted to strike out on her own and find her own identity and then just because Logan died she decided to honor his legacy, despite Logan never giving much of a fuck about her and this just reinforcing the idea that she was created to be Wolverine 2.0?

Also, the fact that she's written nothing like she used to be upset me greatly.

No matter how many clones of him Marvel can pull out, no matter how Marvel fucked him up for money, Logan was, is, and will always be THE Wolverine.

Legacy characters don't belong in X-men comics.

Yeah I'm fine with it if they ever want Logan as Wolverine again they could just de-age Old Man Logan.

Laura as Wolverine is fucking stupid and only hurts both characters.

Luckily none of these "Marvel is being retarded again" episodes stick for long.

But was it a Canadian Clandestine Underground lab? That's an important distinction.

she made me want logan even more now

Logan wasn't actually canadian you know

From an in-universe stand point, it makes no sense. Wolverine has been always been a personal identity, it's not like Captain America where the costume and codename stood for some greater value.

From a meta-marketing stand point, I can go with it. Having the title "Wolverine" on the cover means Laura gets more attention, and I'll take what I can get.

Well who knows I mean with Old Man Logan around they might keep Wolverine dead for a while I mean he hasn't been brought back yet so his death may actually last for a while.

>Logan wasn't actually canadian you know

marvel pls go

Why not call the book Wolverine and then give her her own code name? Talon was what she was called in New X-men and is just fine

Wasn't he born in Alberta Canada?

You seem that you have no idea, what actually "Wolverine" means to be. Wolverine is the animal side inside Logan. Is the part of himself that he always fought against, in his desperated attempt to live with honour and dignity.

Yes he was.

Granted Alberta wasn't a province till some 20 years after Logan's birth, but still

this.

He's a mother fucking animal.

And Wolverine when treated properly, he is the best character that Marvel had ever created.

This here
Fuck everyone who disagrees
The real Wolverine is irreplaceable

post more

...when and why was he crucified?

I can't be the only one who likes Laura as Wolverine and has been enjoying her comic, can i?

Most people are. She fits well, is refreshing, and has been around for awhile. It's a great transition and doesn't feel nearly as forced as the new shit they're doing.

Thank you, the last issue we had was very enjoyable

No, him becoming an Avenger is what ruined the Avengers.

>why
He's a filthy mutie.

okay, how the hell did they manage to crucify him?

he got beaten by the Reavers and hung out to dry

I wouldn't mind her just calling herself Wolverine but that costume is complete trash, Wolverine's costume just does not look good on women.

thats a pretty intense page

IMO, I think Laura is one of those Legacy characters that works. Unlike say, the new Ms marvel or yknow, what they are doing to Iron Man. She's been around for ages already, and as Wolverine's sort of daughter, it makes sense for her to eventually take up his mantle. This is a comic book after all, and thats a thing comic book heroes do. She can provide for similar man/animal struggle, since her backstory allows for it, trained assasin and all that.

And eventually it'll go back to wolverine, or maybe she'll split off into another wolverine character when he comes back. It reminds me of Batman Beyond or Dickbats. Although Beyond was a self contained idea while Dickbats got axed way too soon

I don't care if Logan is ever Wolverine again; I just want him to be LOGAN again. I like him best when he's a dingy, mysterious loner with comitment issues who comes into nowhere towns around the world and tragically fucks shit up.

In fact, Wolvie has even been someone else before- Dakken. Though Dakken sucked and good riddance.

Don't really care if he's necessarily "Wolverine", but I want Logan back regardless.

To be honest it didn't look especially good on him, but since he was a dude no one really gave a shit whether or he was sexy at all times.

except Esad Ribic

Daken was a a good slut husbando

She should just wear her old Talon uniform

I just want Daken back, that little shit was great

As the only relatively prominent half-Asian superhero in the Marvel universe, I really wish they had given the mantle to Daken instead of Laura.

It would have been a hell of a lot more progressive than what we've actually gotten.

So it seems like 99% of the consensus is that they cut a good character down in a half baked attempt to make a girl character more prominent.

Instead we're left with a mess made of two broken characters, the old X23 and the disappointing new wolverine. And the only people happy about it are the ones who think the most important thing about wolverine is the gender...

I'm just sad. I'm sad for the characters, sad for the readers, just sad.

I don't really consider ms marvel a legacy character just a fanboy that took the name

that's how some legacies work like Barry Allen

Are you sure that's "sad" you feel? Are you sure it's not hatred and contempt? It sure sounds like hatred and contempt.

>As the only relatively prominent half-Asian superhero in the Marvel universe, I really wish they had given the mantle to Daken instead of Laura.

Amadeus Cho?

She was carried inside a mother and had her DNA too. She's basically a complicated case of artificial insemination. But, even though she is really his daughter, they seem stuck on this clone concept.

She has been around as X-23. She has nothing to do with Wolverine, apart of being his clone. And again Wolverine doesn't represent legacy. Wolverine is the animalistic part inside Logan. Wolverine is a short, hairy and certainly not look like a cute supermodel. If you can't understand that, then you have not idea about who Wolverine is.

I'm fine with Laura being Wolverine.
I'm fine with Old Man Logan.

The 616 Logan died, he died tired and very old, he died brutally but stoically. Don't ruin his death by pulling some fantastic magic resurrection.

No she is not, because Wolverine is not a legacy character, is part of Logan's personality, like Mr. Hyde to Dr. Jenkyl. Only once Daken has taken the Wolverine identity, and this only to piss off his father.

And generally all of Wolverine's "relatives" suck. The only one that i would like to see step up, not for taking the mantle of Wolverine, but as her own character, is Amiko, the Daughter of Wolverine. She was raised by Yukio as a ninja, and has a lot of potential to be her own character, rinstead of being just "another nobody with claws".

I don't mind Laura as Wolverine

I do mind her in that terrible yellow and blue costume that Logan only got away with because he debuted in it, and I also mind her personality going from "Ruthless killing machine struggling to find a semblance of normalcy" to "generic action girl"

I also kind of have to roll my eyes at Sabertooth and Deadpool and X all being worshippers at the church of Wolverine, because he was such a great guy he was the best he struggled with his animal side and won isn't he so great he's the most noble of us all and totally not a murder junkie who kills at the drop of a hat and a terrible hypocrite

Because Old Man Logan is not very old at all?

So replacing Wolverine with his alternative future version is the best thing to do with the character. You know, all this "time displaced" bullshit, it was that ruined X-Men and Marvel for me. Personally i will not touch any Marvel comic again, until THE Wolverine is back.

Nah, I wouldn't mind seeing Logan as Wolverine, but they definitely don't need to rush to bring him back. And with all the diverse changes and such, Laura as Wolverine is the one I'm most fine with.

Old Man Logan is, as the name implies even more ancient than his 616 counterpart - so old in fact that it's beginning to show. He's been through hell too, and came out on the other side, 616 wasn't that lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you view an ridiculously augmented lifespan).

That's how I felt with OMD. Haven't read Spider-Man since. Haven't actually read Marvel since - with the exception of New Wolverine, which I enjoy. Good art, good story - it's light entertainment.

What in your superficiality you see as "hypocrisy" is actually Wolverine's inner struggle with the animal iside him. Wolverine is an antihero which is actually something very complex to comprehend

>Why would anyone want to be Wolverine?
Because being able to BERSERKER BARRAGE would be cool

You're telling me you wouldn't become Bub Sniktson?

Light entertainment and Wolverine don't go along. Even when Wolverine teams up with more light characters. For this reason most people don't understand Wolverine.

>Most people are. She fits well, is refreshing

Laura has been written completely out of character (especially the god awful dialogue), and her costume is even worse.

You clearly have never read a damn thing about X-23 if you think the current Wolverine series is good

Back to tumblr, scum

No, I'm pretty sure if you try to kill people because they're thinking of killing someone else (who deserves it) it makes you a hypocrite

I'm just waiting on the day Marvel knows they fucked up an brings back Logan, Thor and Tony back to the roles they should be in

No it makes you an antihero. And besides this is one of the most shitty moments in the history of the X-Men. It's not Wolverine's fault if the writers used him for the worse kind of shit that had in their minds.

it's going to happen sometimes soon
they're reprinting a shit load of classic wolverine stories

I understand Wolverine fine, he's well defined as a character through his time in comics. Depending on writer of course.
Laura is different, she's not Logan, but she liked him and wants to honor him - even if she's not prone to berserker rages anymore, or rather, that she controls them better at an earlier age than Logan did.
Logans has been part of light entertainment too, bantering with Spidey, talking about everyday stuff etc. Despite his tragic life, he does feel warmth and friendship with a precious few people, which he allows to see him as he is... well, was.
Also, it's a bit condescending saying "people don't understand" - as if you alone carried the true legacy of the character.
Enjoy the things you enjoy man.

should have given her the OG wolverine costume

I don't give a shit about X-23. She is not Wolverine, and she will never be.

Give me back the fallen samurai, the Ronin of Marvel. Give me back the Patch of Madripoor . Give me back the tortured to hell Weapon X. Give me back Wolverine! Everything is just BS.

Yeah he really shines in solo stories. Been rereading the original Hamas silvestri run.

You can't dictate other people to cater to your whims. The writers will write what they want to write.
You can agonise over this or you can find some other character to throw your love on - I recommend "Bloodshot" from Valiant, fun read.
It's not that don't understand you, I so dearly want the true Spider-man back, the one we saw, hunted and desperate on a sidewalk outside a hospital, identity offical and now a criminal. Alas, magic shite took that away.

I did rant about it at the time, but then I realised I couldn't dictate other people in their work, I could only move on and read stuff that I did enjoy. And there are so many comics out there, from all around the world.

I don't give a damn about Bloodshot, I want Wolverine back. If you don't understand that, then fine. DC payed the price for fucking up their characters with the N52, and now they hurry up to bring them back.. Soon will be Marvel's turn.

Okay, so you're self-entitled and want everything your way. That sort of ends what could have been a good conversation - enjoy your frustrations.

Good, because you don't know how it feels like to see your favorite character being replaced by a myriad of shitty "clones".

Between the clone saga and OMD - yes I do.

Yes but Peter Parker is still around, no? He has not been killed in an idiotic event.

That watered down, non-person, cheap copy isn't Peter Parker. Peter Parker, the real one, still stands on a sidewalk in 2007, waiting for his story to continue.

Nope.
But I want the actual Laura.
Not this half-assed, characterless, carbon-copy of every other fucking "strong female character".

Laura was a good damn character.
This isn't her.

They have mellowed her a bit too much.
She used to speak in terse, simple language and not entirely be in touch with social rules.
Now, the rules she can have learned in the years she's been active - but her mode of speech would probably still be part of her character. I do miss that as well.

In a certain degree, the real Wolverine never come back, after Rucka's run (i.e.before Way and Aaron took over). I still believe that he is somewhere at Madripoor, or Japan with Yukio and Amiko and he points out the middle finger at Marvel.

Because they want the probably somewhat small (albeit enough to turn a character that turned up for two episodes of a cartoon into an important cast member of a half-dozen different team books) X-23 fanbase to merge with the Wolverine fanbase, as so many titles are tanking in sales these days.

Plus, I never saw Laura as trying to escape Wolverine's shadow. Find out who SHE is, yes, but she always admired Logan after that initial kill-kill-kill phase. They still haven't told us how she got from being murdered without a healing factor by Mystique to already being Wolverine post-dimension fuckery.

What really confuses me is why Wolverine is so admired and venerated as 'the best he is at what he does'. Because that was pretty much 'die' several times per issue. For a man who lived through two world wars and mastered [numbers] martial arts and combat method, he sure coasted by on his healing factor. His fighting skills actually seem pretty shit.

It's the writers faults. They want to show how 'tough' he is and his healing factor is 'cool'. But any fight he enters, he takes wounds (often by surprise, so he isn't even choosing to tank them) that pretty much every other cape has to be good enough to avoid, or they would be fucked. Sure enough, the moment he lost his healing factor, they could only really put him up against street level bad guys, and he died like a punk in the end. When literally everyone seems to come out of fights better off, you really don't seem like you are the best at anything but getting the shit beaten out of you.

At least they have shown (until All-New Wolverine, ugh) Laura uses her brain, fights smart, and at least only takes hits as a last resort due to her weaker healing. It makes her fights actually have some gravity.

I still remember the actually bretty gud Origins game where a major selling point was watching Logan practically disintegrate over and over as you fight.

I want to see what happen to give her the final push into being more well adjusted, but yeah, as soon as she stops trying to show off and prove herself by throwing herself into the meat grinder every two seconds (I'm with Angel on this one, it's fucking horrific) it will be even better. She seems to be putting on an act at the moment.

>Wolverine is the animalistic part inside Logan.

What you mean exactly the same animalistic side that Laura has too, as his clone/daughter, and has struggled with too? And it kind of is a legacy, in that Daken has been Wolverine too, and now Laura.

You can hate that it is, but reality is kinda not on your side here given that Logan is dead and several people have worn the outfit and title.

First Logan got through a continous brainwashing and memories cancelling, to the point that his mind was completely fucked up for remember previous training (heck he didn't even remember his real name for more than 2 decades)

Second Wolverine is the product of human cruelty. And he is still fighting for a humanity, that fucked him up for over a century.

Third when Wolverine has been writen properly, he doesn't even need to use his claws.

>Laura has been written completely out of character (especially the god awful dialogue), and her costume is even worse.

She is, but I'm choosing to put it down to whatever happened between Mystique gutting her and donning the garish outfit. And, putting on an act. I think it's intentional; she is trying to live up to Logan's legacy by seeming as confident and brash as he did.

Or it's just shitty writing, which I can forgive because she isn't getting thrown from unimportant team to unimportant team anymore. Hopefully, when Logan inevitably comes back, she will have garnered enough of a following that they don't shove her into another Young Avengers equivalent.

She is not his daughter, she is his clone. And Wolverine is not a title. X-23 NEVER lived in the wilderness with the wolves to develop the animalistic side of Wolverine. Neither Daken had. Wolverine is the product of Logan's fucked up life for over a century, not something written in a genetic code.

>Explain how badass Logan is
>That entire page is an example what I hate about how he is written, suit battle damage from previous wounds, and noting that a big reason so is so scary is being nigh unkillable.

I love Logan, I do, I grew up with him and the X-Men. But the way writers make him coast of his mutation while making him out to be some supremely skilled warrior pisses me off.

He is scary, because when Logan goes to Berserker mode, he is a lethal weapon. There is no human emotion anymore, he becomes a killing machine. This was what Logan was fighting against all his life, this is the part of himself that he hates more. This is the Wolverine