Gilmore Girls discussion thread?

I was seriously surprised by this show. It has it's diabetic moments, but most of the time, it is genuinely funny and interesting. Especially the dynamic between Lorelai and her parents is deeper than expected from a show like this.

The biggest flaw in my opinion is Rory, the daughter. She is the perfect example for a great character with an extremly shitty personality. Also, the actress is very bad compared to the actress who plays Lorelai.

My girl made me watch a bit and stopped only when she realized I legit felt they were deplorable people, Rory especially. Very, very garbo.

Paris is the fourth element tho mmmmm

I like Lorelai, even though she treats the Diner man like crap and is very demanding

Paris was very annoying at the beginning, but she kind of grows on you in a weird way and is now pretty enjoyable

For God's sake don't watch the recent new series, it will destroy whatever affection you may still have for either of the Gilmores

I am at season 4 or 5 now, not sure right now. I already had a feeling that the Netflix revival would be absolut dogshit. thx for confirming. What's the worst part about it?

>What's the worst part about it?
They're just so unlikable in every way, they haven't learned a thing

My favorite parts are when Rory tries her Mary Sue thing and chats up boys and they flat out turn her down lmao.

Lorelai is gonna get together with Luke soon I think, but that won't be for long I presume, so it will go downwards from that point on. She always destroys her relationship out of some petty reasons.

And Rory probably continues cucks all the sweet boys that fall for her out of the screenwriters cruelty

So if they keep up that formula, yeah I can see that.

>And Rory probably continues cucks all the sweet boys that fall for her out of the screenwriters cruelty
Totally this, moreover we're apparently supposed to think it's cool because hey, it's Rory
Pretty much soured whatever fondness I had left for the show

THAT is exactly what annoys me while watching the show. The writers want you to side with Rory. But even as someone who was a teenage girl myself, she is an extremly selfish bitch.

But desu, it is also a pretty well written character in that way, because she totally got that from her mother. Rory was spoiled forever and always got the sense hamered in that she could never do wrong, and it would never be her fault. Lorelai is the same, altough she is obviously older and has more experience so she knows when she's being shitty.

tits or gtfo

>a great character with an extremly shitty personality
so a teenage girl then?
>rory acted like a rebellious slut and was shitty to dean
thats what they are, I actually liked that side of her. It would have been lame if they kept her character then same as season 1 all the way through the show. Lorelei is the real bitch

Imagine dating Rory and then meeting her mom and having to act like you don't want to fuck her way more.

Family Guy made a joke once that there's lesbian sexual tension between the mother and daughter.

Is there any truth to that?

>it's a Logan episode

*click*

The only good thing about the revival series is Rory finally getting BTFO and Emily's plotline. Overall, better than season 7 at least.

because it has genuinely good writing. It can come off as a little cheesy at times but thats part of the appeal, they live in a fantasy land. But untimely paladino knew what she was doing and the girls were hot, so you can say you watch it for the plot and be serious. Compare that to any modern show centered around strong womyn like that show two broke girls and its all
>DUUUDE MUH BOOBS
with an awful laugh track. This one had some integrity and the people felt more real, it gives off an air of childhood like nostalgia just by itself. what are some other alexis bledel kinos?

thoughts?
think we'll get a season 2? It did end on one hell of a cliffhanger

Alexis Bledel is fucking hot

Went straight to garbage after Rory graduated high school.

>____, ___ ______

I liked it for alexis

>Is there any truth to that?
Not in the slightest
As it happens Lauren Graham (who played the mother) did some supporting voices on Family Guy

"Yes"