Olympic Opening

Now that the start is over, answer this; ``Was it even remotely as bad as you thought it would be?``

Give me your actual reaction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gnCj-_k7TV0
youtube.com/watch?v=14VllN5h9xw
youtube.com/watch?v=RVzIn_kfSg4
nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-rio-summer-olympics/more-1-000-u-s-spies-brazil-protecting-rio-olympics-n623186
cifor.org/publications/pdf_files/WPapers/WP90Pacheco.pdf
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v2/n1/full/nclimate1325.html?WT.ec_id=NCLIMATE-201201
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it was underwhelming compared to 2008 and 2012, but considering the budget and hues, it wasn't that bad.

it was fucking depressing

How so?

idk, didn't fucking watch it

Have they done the parade of nations yet?

>`
nice meme

it was pretty damn boring

I guess it was good for South America but pretty underwhelming tbph huebro.

Could've been worse though.

it's over., dude

it's been over for hours

I knew I should've just beat off...

I don't care. First time ever in my life I really don't care about Olympics.

>Diversity is strength
>NIGGERS GODDAMN EVERYWHERE
>twerking, wtf?
>We wuz planez
>Global Warming propaganda

Nigga, shit sucked man... i mean, holy shit...

Its the bloody Olympics. The whole concept behind it is making every country on earth pretend they are good people and dance together while competing fairly and pretending to care about global peace.

I think this is what most part of Sup Forums is not getting right now. Seems like they are just hating it for it being what its supposed to be instead of following their agenda.

Btw bro, you created the first glider. It cant really take flight on its own. Doesnt matter whether or not you think its `technically` a plane. Being able to set off from the ground by itself and fly is a much bigger achievement either way.

Pretty good joke, looking forward to your closing joke.

I liked the people in mosquito costumes dancing to the "Zika Zika" song.

The children waving ribbons and other children running between the ribbons with flags so it looked like a river of filth also was quite entertaining.

I was a little uncomfortable when flag-masked men with pistols lined up and shot one homeless person for each country represented by athletes, but I still cheered when the man wearing the Canada mask pulled his trigger.

It's not over and they invented planes so that's something new

You fucking monkeys think you invented planes

>didn't have a witness
>yeah bro we invented the first plane

It was seriously so bad, like I'm not trying to troll just because you're from Brazil. But like the whole thing at the beginning with the water, the evolution, the trees, and the indigenous people - like seriously what the fuck? Why the fuck did they do that? China did weird ass shit like that, but it was impressive when they did it because they coordinated like 20,000 people all together.

>>Diversity is strength

Well that is the mensage behind the olimpics, at least before the games start

>>NIGGERS GODDAMN EVERYWHERE
dude, realy
its my country we are talking about, and you choose RIO to fucking do it
>>twerking, wtf?
We invented. 20 years ago
youtube.com/watch?v=gnCj-_k7TV0
>>We wuz planez
Its true . with a slingshot even a cow can fly
>>Global Warming propaganda
yeah that was bullshit, but it was awesome,

>lets stop with the Co2 emission

>procedess to fucking explode fireworks for 25 minutes

"NBC has announced it will broadcast the opening ceremony on a one-hour delay in the Eastern time zone (two hours for Central Time, four hours for Pacific Time) in order to "curate" the coverage. The live stream will also be delayed."

NBC CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES

Well we did. The thing you invented needed a catapult to take off. It has no autonomy and the glider had already been invented even before that.

We invented the first plane that can fly by itself, carrying a person.

It is the other way around. I dont know where you heard this but, AFTER the Brazilian inventor came out with the 14 bis and made a live demonstration in front of a crowd, your brothers came out saying that they had already created a flying machine 3 years ago.

The witnesses were their employees.

I don't understand how your all about planting trees but yet you destroy like 10 percent of your rain forest ever year

>watching the olympics

lel

If we were, it would be gone already.

Think about those numbers and you`ll see that.

Brazil also has the greenest economy. Half of our oil consumption has been exchanged for biofuel.

Yes sometimes we cut trees, but they grow back. Even in the amazon.

I missed Discover's SharkWeek this year... Nothing matters anymore. Nothing.

Fuck that

Yeah, fuck NBC for screwing the US over again and delaying the opening and most likely all the other events. That was a huge complaint last Olympics, especially with that thing called the internet, because it spoiled all the events and Phelps' record

maybe they should invent a non-corrupt government. then maybe the united states can also steal that,

who is this?

It was ok it what happened to your leader y did they use someone else?

No such thing people will also want power. The devil lives on earth there will never be peace

Pity you couldn't invent vaccines for all your monkey diseases. Have fun with your Olympics. Look forward to Neymar diving into "paralysis" again and seeing another 7-1

I cant really understand the question. Are you talking about our president?

Yes

Their main event was some old coon in a suit making a lil nigglet shake his ass...

It was fucking gay to be honest
I literally couldn't stop laughing at how shitty it was when they were carrying around wire frame caterpillars

It was good. But I'm still suffering from the high expectation set by the China 2008 ceremony. Felt the same way about London 2012

actually, what they are doing to fuck with people without cable

they are streaming the events live in real time over NBCSportsExtra (the mobile app and streaming website for people with cable subscriptions) and re-airing them on tape-delay over NBC later

i used the shit out of that app in 2014, for the sochi games

(because i love Curling, i was on a curling team last fall, and it was the most fun i've ever had)

shittiest Olympic opening ceremony I've ever seen. 2 hours of some fogo de chao meat skewers cooking would have been 100x better.

Half the time I was confused thinking this is a sequel to Green Inferno.

Oh yeah look it's the VS girl...huehuehue

>curling team
Shut up and just admit you were there to find curling cuties

2016: the year the world decided the Olympics were a bad idea.

Hopefully in 2020 Somalia can restore its good reputation.

u dun good Brazil.

It was a good for a unprepared third world shithole.

they were making weird noises that don't mean anything.
why do brazilians speak in tongues are you all satanists?

plenty of people milling around.

hopefully some autistic does the racial olympics again this year
white will win again.

Truth.

Does she have a boyfriend?

HOLY FUCK

Thank you for posting this picture. I have been looking all over for this rare Ashley.

just like ashley, I didn't care about the spectacle.

I am slightly dissapointed that isis didn't blow up the stadium. that would have been fun to shitpost about.

but, realy, who even wnt to these olympics? rio is a shithole. I flew in once. there are gorgeous places in brazil, but rio isn't one.

did they even fill the stadium?

Is she pregnant yet? I want to see a pregnant Ashley

>she

On par with London, nobody is ever beating China.

I actually burst into fucking laughter when the climate change shit started to play. In Brazil... God forbid Sweden or Germany ever get it again.

It was as cucked as London, I like how no white settlers/immigrants were portrayed except for the evil Portuguese.

Beijing and Sochi currently have the best openings since 1936.

I would of preferred this Olympic Anthem

Buy hey....... that's just me

youtube.com/watch?v=14VllN5h9xw

The claim that the Wright Flyer wasn't a real airplane because of a catapult-assisted takeoff is bullshit. The Wright Flyer was widely recognized as having solved all the major problems of a practical flying machine, and the Wright Bros went around gathering a small fortune in prizes for duration and altitude records with it.

Aircraft take off in all sorts of ways. Many practical aircraft have used catapults. Many others require high-quality purpose-built runways.

Neither Dumont or Pearse deserve the place, because the abilities of sustaining and controlling flight are indispensible features of aircraft.

>On par with London

I beg to fucking differ lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVzIn_kfSg4

Japan better have some dancing Samurai swords and robots.

My favorite part was when the microcephaly baby puppets danced around.

You're just lucky that you have attractive music, because man was that done on a budget.

Show me where that was said.

It was just a celebration of a genuinely bright guy born in our clay.

Why are you Americans so insecure?

Caught the environmentalism bit
Pretty ironic seeing the Brazilian gov is doing fuck all to stop the deforesting of the world's most important forest.
Didn't watch the rest because I wanna see sportsmanship, not pretty human rights abuses

The Sochi olympics were glorious desu family. I don't know how anyone could hate based Putin after that.

Welp. Time to invade Brazil.

> We invented the first plane that can fly by itself

> 20 second flight

Wright brothers flew for 40 minutes.

>implying there will be another olympics
>or people for that matter

No I genuinely thought there would be a terrorist attack

Honestly I am shocked you had an opening ceremony at all.

I will be shocked if you guys actually have most events. I figure once these competitions really kick off it will be one problem after another.

don't give brazil credit for that

nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-rio-summer-olympics/more-1-000-u-s-spies-brazil-protecting-rio-olympics-n623186

Honestly, most of the opening ceremonies seemed to be protesting their own government in some way.

>bio fuel is green

you are so dumb.

>50 posts
>not even one referring to the "qt boi"

Is there hope for Sup Forums?

The A330 I was on from Hong Kong to Melbourne flew for 9 hours, did airbus invent flight?

The 777 I was on from Manchester to Hong Kong flew for 12 hours did Boeing invent flight?

The whole "Brazil invented the airplane" bit made me laugh out loud.

Well done Brazil, you are master of laughs.

>Brazil also has the greenest economy.
>Half of our oil consumption has been exchanged for biofuel.
>the greenest economy
My sweet summer child, do you even know how is biofuel produced?

It was well executed and had some odd thrills (chalk in as not knowing your culture). It wasn't as extravagant as the last few but that's fine, it's hard to compete with chinese $$$.

It could have been a lot worse

7/10 not enough Bunda

I watched the parade of nations and was highly entertained. Good job Rio.

>2016
>You're fucking watching the olympics

The Wright brothers flew years prior to the Brazilian hovering for a few seconds.

Ashley is a girl

We invented the plane get over it. Seriously yeah it took off from a track but flew for longer than it could if it were merely gliding.

Our biodiesel is produced from oil waste, so it's definitely better than gasoline as far as I knew. Please do enlighten me.

>Diversity is strength
Obama sure thinks it is. It's a shame though, the rest of the world has no chance against the peaceful Refugee team.

Who cares? Brazil is acting like America claiming to have one the space race for landing on the moon.

Brazil can claim credit for one alteration in early plane design. Good for them

ayy lmao

>Our biodiesel is produced from oil waste, so it's definitely better than gasoline as far as I knew.

>Currently Brazil stands out in this field by diversifying its energy mix, having a large share of renewable energy sources, so much that in 2010 it stood in second place in global biodiesel production, just behind Germany. This fuel is to Brazil׳s economy a renewable and effective source, which aims to complement the national energy matrix and to ensure the security of the country against the impact caused by the fluctuations of the value of petroleum in the exportation market.
>Moreover, despite of the fact that soybean oilseed crop is the responsible for most of the production of biodiesel, the country has continental extensions and a favorable climate that proposes the cultivation of a wide range of other oil crops that can supply the demand for raw material needed in order to obtain the fuel.

Implications of biodiesel production:
cifor.org/publications/pdf_files/WPapers/WP90Pacheco.pdf

Saucepan?

I'm having a hard time finding your argument.

>proposes the cultivation of a wide range of other oil crops that can supply the demand for raw material needed in order to obtain the fuel.

This is your criticism? That some other crop would be better instead? So it's better to just throw our oil waste away instead of recycling it into biodiesel? Don't be dumb

My criticism is that biodesel is green is a meme. It affects the soil, it affects the forest (With everything that means) and it must be processed too (Affects rivers for example), so stop spreading your Huezil is green meme.

for starters

200,000 deaths from air pollution
cuts down forrest to plant biofuel
increases price of food

nature.com/nclimate/journal/v2/n1/full/nclimate1325.html?WT.ec_id=NCLIMATE-201201

That's for the cricket

>Half of our oil consumption has been exchanged for biofuel
Don't you have to cut down more rain forest for all that subsidized corn?

It's still orders of magnitudes less pollutive than gasoline or diesel. It's green because it's an _ALTERNATIVE_ fuel. Of course sitting on your ass and doing nothing is much greener.

Produced from oil waste

>corn
Kek, leaf can't into secret Brazilian biofuels

Yeah, it's brown you retards

WE WUZ AVIATORS N SHIET

REMINDER:
>The Wright brothers, Orville (August 19, 1871 – January 30, 1948) and Wilbur (April 16, 1867 – May 30, 1912), were two American brothers, inventors, and aviation pioneers who are GENERALLY CREDITED[1][2][3] with inventing, building, and flying the world's first successful airplane.

>Hues actually believe they know more than history experts in the field

>It's still orders of magnitudes less pollutive than gasoline or diesel.
Hyperbole and that doesn't make it green, you fool. Use real green energies if you want to say that.

>produced from oil waste

what counter agument even is this? did you even open the link?

>Increased estimates of air-pollution emissions from Brazilian sugar-cane ethanol

>mfw dancing niglet

Yeah, you produced a link about ethanol when I was very clearly referring to biodiesel, so I'm not confident in your ability to follow the topic.

>Hyperbole
I'll give you that
>Use real green energies
Yeah, like all those great solar-powered cars.

The argument is that every country uses fuel, and using biodiesel over gasoline has some benefit to the environment.

Not that it matters, biofuels are still too expensive and inefficient.

>Brazil also has the greenest economy. Half of our oil consumption has been exchanged for BIOFUEL.

dont try change the goal posts ronaldo

I haven't watched the Olympics since the mid 90s.