Walking Dead

>season 1
>zombies use rocks to break windows, can kinda climb ladders and open doors (Morgan's wife)

>post season 1
>literally just walking sandbags

Explain it to me like you are a shill and get paid for it. Try to make it not sound like inconsistency.

Different writers

New showrunners/writers. It's a long running genre show so inconsistencies are to be expected.

Without food their brains getting weaker and weaker, so they are stupider

Binge watched this show recently. Enjoyed it way more than pessimistic threads around here had me expecting.
I figured out it was a character drama with a zombie backdrop pretty early though, most of the time they have one tension-less zombie attack per episode because there'd be no action otherwise.

That's actually not a bad in-universe explanation honestly. The first season takes place pretty shortly after the initial zombie breakout and in subsequent seasons their brains are deteriorating.

>I figured out it was a character drama
>has no characters with depth

Well I've got to call it something and horror just doesn't seem right.
The development is very stilted and forced though, you're right.

So at this point should all zombies dead?

It's bullshit, this is a simple plot hole.

They are easy to access characters. There's a reason girls love it too and it's because zombies are a secondary thing and the characters and their relations are the focus. That plus some of the women are badasses in it. The one mom that becomes progressively more capable as the show goes on probably hits with a lot of women.

They're corpses that are slowly rotting away.

>Explain it to me like you are a shill and get paid for it. Try to make it not sound like inconsistency.
The corpses are deteriorating more over time you stupid imbecile how was this not obvious to your simpleton brain, you useless twit.

They also seem to go down much more easily, i.e. their skulls/bones are weakening

They decay to a certain point and then stop decaying at that point, because reasons

Like others have said, the zombie threat is more of a backdrop and/or convenient plot device as needed by the writers. It's not really something to overthink in this case.

Cultural Marxism and SJW degeneracy feminized them and turned them into emasculated inferior nu-zombies.

It sounds almost as stupid as real alt right ideas.

So I get that the walking dead is a drama with occasional zombie action, but the action is so poorly done that it takes me out of it.
Why is there an escape hatch on the bottom of that tanks?
Why are people walking around without sights on their weapons?
The governor aiming down sights with his eyepatch
Whatever the fuck this is (pic related)

The action is just unbelievably bad. Worse than action schlock.

The shootouts are very poorly directed. In particular the one at the end of the latest season has no real cohesive sense of the ebb and flow of a battle.

Most probably are. There are different type of decaying time. Remember the girl without legs in the first episode. She decayed quite fast.

>silent, ninja fucking assassin zombie
>loud, mouthbreather zombies heard a mile away
>in the same fucking episode

it's so stupid and predictable it's irritating. shit writing all around.

Youve got to give it time, I guess. You can see the rate of degradation through the seasons, but like its been said before me there isnt a reason for the show to go on without the zomboes

Pilot episode was the only good episode this show has ever done.

fuck this shit

I liked the WHO episode too, at the end of season 1

The first few seasons the zombies were interesting and actually played a part but now they're just background noise.

What's the best zombie kino?