Newfag here...

Newfag here, can someone explain to me me why its ok to draw white characters as other races but it's not ok to draw a black guy white?

There's nothing okay or not okay about either.

Fuck off.

Double standards.
Besides that the argument is that people of color are underrepresented so making them white is removing what little representation they have, while making a white character black or other is just leveling the playing field.

tumblr general?
tumblr general!

Gee, because there are so fucking few minorities out there in the media?

They are both bad for different reasons. White washing in advertising and shit is historically different from blackface though.

This is not really Sup Forums specific.

muh representation

If you get mad about race swaps in fan art, you are truly too far gone to be worth interacting with in any capacity.

Somebody post the Steven Universe swaps.

That.
Though I think Major Lazer is supposed to be really light skinned not white.
Depends where you're looking, Blacks are possibly overrepresented.

Both are just done out of racism.

Is it wrong that the only reason I want to play Overwatch is because Junkrat and this music guy are sexy?

So artists have a moral responsibility to produce art geared towards the current elite's view of what will produce a better society?

>overrepresented
If you take just the last 50 years of history into account, that's not really a big deal

You wouldn't be the first.

This

Racism.

if those are really robot legs, does that make Lucio 3/10 a person?

If you're looking everywhere in media, they're underrepresented. If you cherry pick, sure you can find a counterexample i guess

>>Artist
>>Drawing fanwork
I'd take them seriously if they had a creative bone in their body.

SJWs are massive hypocrites who pretend to care about equality but really just want special privileges, news at 11.

Primarily it's a sense of identity. African Americans consider their skin color to be a very important part of their identity, which really isn't all that surprising considering their history in America. That sort of mentality absolutely does get passed down in culture and doesn't really go away easily. On the other hand white skin was considered the "normal" for most of history so most white people don't feel the need to attach it as part of their identity because it never really defined who they were as a person. So basically you end up with people claiming that a white character's skin color isn't integral to who they are as a character, but at the same time people will claim that it's very important for a black character to remain black.

Yeah, I'd still say it's a double standard, but it's still important to recognize the reasoning behind it.

It's just robot pants that he stole from the indian autists workplace in Rio.

I don't see what the big deal is for Lucio. He's Brazilian. His skin color could not possibly matter less.

So you think creators have a responsibility to collectively hit racial quotas for fictional characters?

>Depends where you're looking, Blacks are possibly overrepresented.
This.

If we're talking about the US, whites and blacks are both overrepresented. Asians are proportionately represented.

Latinos are VASTLY underrepresented.

honestly, that pic is pretty terrible. It's not SJWs attacking a pic with a slightly lighter colour because of differing lighting/not fitting their "progressive" headcanons, it's very clearly the completely wrong skin tone.

I wonder if his nationality was a last-minute change, because I'm 99% sure he's the only character without the matching national accent.

Eh just draw a white character black next to the black character white and you can get away with it.

It kind of is if you're bitching about representation and in a present tense you've not only achieved that goal but surpassed it. It sort of makes it a non issue.

I'm actually curious. Blacks make up 12 to 18 percent of the population of America. What percentage of named videogame characters from American studios are black?

Nope. Saying it's a good game just for the sexy would be wrong, whether you're into guys or girls and whether you're a guy or a girl yourself.

Just playing it for the sexy is fine, though.

Yes.

Well, Torbjörn, judging by his voice, is clearly not swedish, but just a guy who pretends he is. But yeah they didn't even try to have Lucio talk with an accent or say anything in Portuguese.

Man, this isn't even fucking Sup Forums related.

This

>African Americans consider their skin color to be a very important part of their identity
But almost all people do, really only people who grow up in the seclusion that is a melting pot don't really understand race
>On the other hand white skin was considered the "normal" for most of history so most white people don't feel the need to attach it as part of their identity because it never really defined who they were as a person
you're kidding me, right?
sure there's hints of truth to this, but there are still people who are butthurt at people for even suggesting that Peter Parker be played by Donald Glover simply because he's black

Well, Overwatch's entire storyline is in comics so far

Sup Forums is tumblr, so anything that even resembles something concerning sjws is now Sup Forums related

And cartoons!

Sup Forums is basically "reverse Tumblr" at this point. Same amount of butthurt but coming from the "other camp". Shit you people are faggots. Whiny faggots.

Maybe he's an expatriate?