RWBY

Why are shit lords praise the show every season for improving animation quality, when it should have had such since the beginning.

Now all the seasons are disjointed and somewhat unbearable to watch back. I hope they remaster the entire show, not only animation but writing as well.

It's bad enough that the fight scenes are becoming progressively zipping flashes not impressive fighting anymore.

that would require actual professionals

you're just a spoiled brat for not enjoying what you have.

cum

It's improving?

>It's bad enough that the fight scenes are becoming progressively zipping flashes not impressive fighting anymore.
what are you talking about?

meh.
I'm just happy to get a season 4

The fact that I couldn't tell if that was fake or not, right away, is hilarious.
Mother fucking Shadow the Hedgehog.

I'm here for Weiss.

Autists with rose tinted glasses think so

Why do they have to hide RTX shit?! It's bullshit

Seeing fan's supposed future designs of RWBY are cancer inducing.

I will never like Blake's super-mullet.

Mullets and Catgirls DO NOT MIX.

>Why are shit lords praise the show every season for improving animation quality, when it should have had such since the beginning

Your gratitude to Monty Oum is noted you entitled millennial sack of crap

yang

You do know that it's entirely possible to appreciate something while still calling out it's flaws, right? And that the animation flaws for the first two seasons were particularly glaring?

After Monty passed away and Shane got fired it's more or less just professionals now. Hell, there are probably no computers with poser at RT anymore.

Any webms of how it's animated now?

Maybe even a webm of earlier animation?

I watched that fucking show, it was literally all filler until the last 2 episodes of each season, and it was rushed garbage

here is one more bear

>Why are shit lords praise
Kill yourself oniichan

I like this Weiss over timeskip Weiss. She needs armor.

Wouldn't that cut down on her mobility? She's a glass cannon/squishy mage, after all. She's better suited to dodging rather than tanking.

>2 arms
>The future
Wew...

>needs armor

I want to brutally make love to Weiss

The way she wants it

give it time, senpai

>How dare an experimental indie project not be perfect right from the get-go!
Really bruh?

That is the exact fucking opposite of what rose tinted means, you dip.

I know exactly how you feel, I wish to find Yang and decapitate her to show her just how much I love her

Armor seems kinda pointless in the setting when everyone has magic aura protection.
The only guys you see with armor are the Atlas mooks, weak ass team CRDL, and Jaune who had no idea about aura.

Was this seriously deserving of a General?

>ripping off Black Lagoon's version of this picture
How low can one get?

>updated version has Neo taller than Yang
Lower, apparently.

>ripping off Black Lagoon's version of this picture
Lets be fair, everyone should be doing that.

Cripple-Chans has had a continuous general since it began, user. It has nothing to do with "deserving."

The idea, yeah. But he actually just straight up copied the poses. At least he bothered to not copy the outfits..

What?

>It's bad enough that the fight scenes are becoming progressively zipping flashes not impressive fighting anymore.
BUT MAN, WE GOTT A SHOW HOW FAST THEY'RE GOING, JUST LOOK

Just about to say the same thing. Over the top edgy Shadow would improve the show by huge margin.

If only.

Monty was the real talent behind the jackie chan fights. Instead of the sweet parkour that makes kung fu movies awesome you'll be seeing flashes and power levels now.

>Ruby can fly and control her rose petals
>She can also do speed attacks with less build-up

How can any of the team compete. Flight is actually pretty OP in a setting where it's not the norm as seen in Avatar.
>Also possibly a speed clone or some shit when her red blur split in two to dodge
Like what if Ruby just gains speed while flying and then comes crashing down at intense speed.

>Weiss learns flight magic, already knows haste, literally a better more versatile Ruby except for the eyes.

Name one CG show that had perfect animation from the start.

>How can any of the team compete.
As long as Weiss' abilities remain as undefined as they are, she's easily n the same level

Weiss will probably end the series as the strongest fighter barring Ruby activating her eye hax.

The whole show looks like shit. I'm not touching it at all when someone making that said 'This looks good.'

It doesn't. It's like that shitty cgi anime crap everyone hates, but with a weaboo twist.

What the hell is this show about? Doesn't it belong in Sup Forums?

>tfw it's Blake that charged the moonslice that cut off Yang's arm
>Runs away for almost a year and still hasn't taken responsibility.
Worst girl ever

It falls under western animation.

I'm not a fan of western artists trying to imitate eastern artists. Seems kind of cheap.

So what's it about?

Go watch it and figure it out yourself?

Japan disagrees apparently, it's been a huge hit over there

>Akihabara strip

A hardcore weeb living out his fantasy and constatly dicking over a show before his death.
Then it improved.

That what's it about.
Most people like it for waifus or see it as some kind of anomaly that is to be studied.

No, there wouldn't be a point. I'd like to know what kind of story it is before I jump into it, if I do.

Well, it imitates the art style of anime, which Japan is already familiar up the ass with. Kind of expected them to like it based off just the art style.

They even have an ad in Times Square for this shit? It must be well liked for them to bother.

Eh, A lot of it was M&K hitting their groove finally rather than still trying to figure out how they want the show's tone to be and more animators.

Good on monty to see his FFVIII fanfiction as far as he did though.

rose tinted = seeing what you want to see/seeing "it" better than "it" really is.

I really hated the fighting. Having a super-anime zippy flightly everyone-hits-a-dozen-times-a-second style is fine and good, but then you give that style to a character who is, according to the storyline, still a child? Even a "oh-she-has-such-POTENTIAL"-child?

How are you supposed to demonstrate improvement and growth when everyone starts the series (hell even in the trailers!) zipping around at the speed of sound and dispatching a dozen of the enemy at once. Even Naruto and Bleach who are the fucking kings of bullshit powers knew you started small and built up.

You're meant to be Goku-strong at the END of the series, not the beginning. I gave up at the end of season two when the big threat was used to make an AMV and dispatched painlessly to demonstrate the four new op characters.

They're not a child though. They're already adults and they've been training for years.

In your analogy, they're just knocking over yamcha's, yamcha's everywhere. Breach aside, the stronger stuff is still a threat and that wil lbe modified by the numbers, their stamina and resources such as dust and remaining aura.

I mean sure, give the guy his due. Monty fucking went for it and accomplished something.

But having had a look at all the stuff Monty did durin production, all the extra crap he added out of the blue, it's no wonder the show improved when he kicked the bucket.

Also, having talked to some people they view RWBY's sucess as kinda mysterious. It wasn't on a lot of people radar (unless they were RT fans) then it just comes out of nowhere.

I once saw a criticism of the show that so long as you didn't see the character's standing on "surfaces," it's passable.

I see that still hasn't changed. Stilted AF animation- you mean they haven't gotten enough revenue for an actual animation team?

It's RT.
They'll never have a budget.

Not till some big producer picks it up.

Money's work was kind of a cult thing. Some RWBY fans will be poser purists and stick with volumes 1 to 3 like they are the RWBY purist bible.
I like Maya and have enjoyed the volume 4 preview but Monty had this certain style, you know?

I swear I was flipping through Netflix one evening and saw RWBY as a listing-- that's the first company I'd think would bite.

That's not Times Square you ape

Lets all be thankful for the updated designs.
And hope we get JNR shots next time.

RWBY was on Netflix but they'd want some control over the show.
RT will not give that up.

Define "huge hit."

The anime aesthetic is just the norm in Japan, nobody likes a show just because it has it. Least of all when it's a poorly done imitation.

I hope that they'll learn how to make fights not look like a PS4 game and be able to achieve 60FPS without Monty. Otherwise there wouldn't be point to remaster first seasons in worse framerate.

>Hypersonic tackle.
>Ever an accident.

All that matters is Pyrrha suffers.

The most hilarious thing about the Season 3 finale is that Pyrrha is out of the picture and Ruby's friends are all shits now so she hangs out with the better side characters and Jaune anyway. In one fell swoop, got rid of all the other Ruby ships and teamed her up with Jaune. Amazing.

Is he a Boom Shadow?

However user.
Timeskip.

No idea who is where right now.
I hope Jaune isn't a complete scrub anymore.

If I thought the first season was fairly okay (if dumb and unpolished), and the first episode of season 2 was so fucking awful that I dropped the show, is it worth it to power through s2 and get to s3? I hear s3 is "a lot better".

I didn't think the first episode of season 2 was that bad, it's leagues better than the finale.

But yes, season 3 is much better, if you make it through the bad times

>Hope they remaster the entire show
I can't agree more.
>Not only animation but writing as well.
The amount of work that'd require... It'd have to be a whole new show. I also can't agree more, cause I can't imagine the creator of the show is too happy with it's current state.

I know s1 wasn't the most serious thing, but opening up your season with a food fight and introducing a shitton of new characters when you've barely developed the old ones (thanks Jaune) was just overkill for me.

>Ruby looks like she's lost an eye
>Yang has both her arms

Funny how it at least predicted ONE of the siblings would lose a body part.

A huge hit in japan can be anything. They routinely lose their shit over cats with human sized eyes.

>when it should have had such since the beginning.

You do know their budget in the begining consisted of what they could find between the couch cushions right?

I know what the alleged huge hit in question is, I'm asking how it has been a huge hit.

The problem there is the plot only shows up at the middle and end of Season 3. Which is pretty fucking ridiculous. The only thing happening in Seasons 1 and 2 is the criminals shitting around then letting some Grimm into the city. Which didn't need two whole seasons to set up that, yes, they're doing something mysterious beyond just being criminals. All of this really only accomplishes setting up the situation of Season 3 anyway. Before then Season's 1 and 2 should've been more heavily condensed into one season, and maybe even sped up Season 3 a bit.

The fundamental problem is the show is caught between action set pieces and trying to do character and plot development, and it's pretty much only doing that one character or relationship at a time. This resulted in 2 seasons of decompressed set up and then everything happening in Season 3. I can't exactly recall my thoughts on it now, but I was struck by how unconnected all of the development and plot was. It frequently felt like characters, and the story, were put on hold so other people could do their own thing without anyone tripping over each others feet. More tightly working everything together here would've given the show overall more time to work with, especially to condense Seasons 1 and 2.

And, honestly, the characters are barely interesting to begin with. The side characters often seem more interesting, because their cliches aren't given a chance to stink up the main story with entry level melodrama retardation (except Jaune and Pyrrha's thing). I was astounded when I realized the last two seasons of RvB were written by one of the writers of RWBY, because it was a tier above. It actually managed to give me unironic enjoyment of the characters and story. Perhaps because it had years and years of previous set up to build on, but maybe also because RWBY is aiming for anime schlock and forgot it needs to be interesting on its own merits beyond relying on the schlock.

Dubbed into Japanese.

>yfw we finally learn more about the color war or finally get some hot color nazi action

That doesn't qualify it as a huge hit.

I'd post a reaction, but we all know that isn't happening. We'll be lucky if we get anything more than vague references to what happened during the time skip of last season to now.

>Papa Schnee is a color nazi sympathizer

It's Monty's favourite anime's combined into one show

It's pretty shit

It's basically anime for people who hate anime or have never watched an anime in their life

It means they're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on people who talk gud because it'll make bank when it's released.

first off, Vol's 1 and 2 were supposed to be 1 volume. RT being shit resulted in the split. And the plot in general was necessary cause Monty needed to set up his final fantasy everything was a somewhat normal life and then the jews arrived intro.

>Before then Season's 1 and 2 should've been more heavily condensed into one season, and maybe even sped up Season 3 a bit.
Fun fact: The entire plot of the show as it's happened now was originally supposed to be one volume, but minimal budget and production difficulties kept pushing things further and further back

Fun fact. M&K only found out about Neo 4 days before the episode was supposed to be finished

No, Vol 2 just ended and we were supposed to be going into vol 3 which was the end of the rwby introduction of Season One.

A lot of things are dubbed in Japan, like in any other country where foreign media gets dubbed. Voice actors aren't that expensive, and even fan anime can afford A-list talent.

ANN mentions RWBY once on its Blu-ray sales rankings. The first season sold 5,305 copies. 3,000 is commonly considered the minimum for success. I don't know how RWBY is priced so I don't know how much money it really made.

You can also buy it on steam... because you know... you could stream it online for free... or buy it on steam... because... reasons.