You have 10 seconds to explain to me why eugenics is bad

You have 10 seconds to explain to me why eugenics is bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Eugenics_Wars
youtube.com/watch?v=CcRRNvTof48
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Eugenics_Wars

Because the eugenics implies winners and losers
That hurts people's fee fees

youtube.com/watch?v=CcRRNvTof48

it is (it isn't)

'Eu' is literally Latin for 'good', it is the exact opposite of bad.

Jewish

Because genetic engineering makes the entire concept bullshit

Like anesthetic for "rum, opium, & rope"

Gattaca

We need eugenics

You can't trust the people in charge of the program to not also run a dysgenics program for the peoples they don't like.

Who decides what's a good trait and what's a bad trait?

genetic diversity is a good thing

Only 10 seconds? For that I would need 6 million.

Someone might get the chick I really badly want first.
that's absolutely the only reason.

If you force eugenics on people, it's bad because it deprives them of freedom. A better form of eugenics works by offering incentives to people in exchange for voluntarily getting sterilized.

Fuck Gattaca.
>implying it's wrong for companies to be reluctant to hire someone who's likely to die soon
The movie cheats by having the character with "inferior genes" actually not be inferior in any way.

Liberty, mostly. You have to insist on it, and reproduction/romantic coupling is central to the average person's ultimate desires.
People aren't your dogs.

If we disregard morals, it would be extremely beneficial to the human species.

Eugenics sucked, but is maybe better than what we are doing now: nothing.

Years ago, Vancouver (Canada) shut down our psych wards and gave all the nutters "freedom" and "dignity"

Today, our downtown is rotten with addicts and low-level criminals who ruin their own lives, wreck each other's lives, and occasionally fuck with the rest of us.

We would all be better off if they could be re-institutionalized.

>Selective genetic diversity.

So you're telling me, you go to the liquor store with $1000 bucks (for arguments sake)

You buy
-watery Mexican beer
-Australian craft beer
-aged American Bourbon
-Silver-filtered Russian vodka
-French wine made in1999

and when you get home you pour it all in a big bucket for all your mates to share because you believe the best parts of a cultured subject should be shared, not enjoyed?

Fuckwit.

Because we do don't understand enough about evolution or genetics to know what to select for, and we never will, because we can't predict the future. Those organisms that survive are the ones most adaptable to change, not the ones with the genes we happen to think are "awesome" right now.

I don't trust the government to deliver my mail. You trust it to evolve our species?

Are you high?

no, latin for "good" is bon
like in "bonus"

It would probably be best if the government were not involved. A private organization could conduct eugenics policies better because it would not have to gain any kind of majority approval. For example, a small group of people could start an organization to wipe out blacks.

The organization would accept voluntary donations from patrons who want to help them wipe out blacks, and then it would use those donations to pay blacks an incentive to get voluntarily sterilized. Both transactions, donations and sterilizations, would be voluntary.