What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Can it be saved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dKSBeerz1s8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was kinda brock since the beggining, was basically "Fuck your nostalgia! LoL"

Robot chicken was born in era where just the factor of having having something disgusting or gory being animated was already comedy gold. Expecially if happens with a reference of something inocent. Their original content can be okay, but the rest is just the fact of popular characters cursing or having sex, like "Lol! Skeletor cursing! Skeletor don't curse! He is a cartoon!"

Now they are scrapping the botton of the barrel for cartoons to make references. And the jokes don't need to make sense anymore. Remenber Monchhichis? I don't! But what if he was Rambo?

youtu.be/dKSBeerz1s8

after season 3 they just got louder and lazier
it wasn't funny it was annoying
Seth and his team were just phoning it in
but when they do specials you actually get some laughs because you could see them actually trying

I happened to catch an episode a couple of weeks ago parodying iCarly where a video of her showering goes viral and it ends with her dad bombing Iran and causing World War III.

I couldn't even tell where the jokes were supposed to be.

Gf and I are re-watching them all, so far we're up to s4, to be honest the quality drop's not really noticeable, i still chuckle every episode which is all i really ask for in a 10 minute period.
You remember the NEET news hour sketches? Yeah, those sketches are about people like you.

I think /co is just addicted to bitching and being negative.
Laughing's more enjoyable and you don't look smart for "noticing a decline in quality" you just look Autistic.

Frankly, they ran stone cold out of ideas. The creative juices just ran completely dry, and now they're so obviously struggling to come up with anything even vaguely resembling a joke.

>"Fuck your nostalgia! LoL"
Also this. That ran out of mileage fast once the age of irony started to end.

the early seasons are actually harder to watch because the jokes aren't funny AND they're extremely dated

>Frankly, they ran stone cold out of ideas. The creative juices just ran completely dry, and now they're so obviously struggling to come up with anything even vaguely resembling a joke.

Sad thing is it has so much leeway to be funny. It isn't confined to anything specific, yet they can manage to pull it off.

It was never funny to begin with. It's an unstructured collage of mindless 10 second cutaway gags produced by a Family Guy actor and therefore meets all of its expectations.

It still makes me laugh, and I have nothing but respect for people willing to do stop-motion animation this day and age.

My only gripe is the progressive use of CGI. In the first season, pretty much everything on screen was stop-motion, even explosions. Now all the explosions are CG.

Half the comedy comes from the voice acting, I noticed I laugh more at how some things are said than what's happening.

Especially when original voice actors come back
>Billy West as Doug
>Frank Welker as Megatron and Dr. Claw
>fucking Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown

i was thinking about how lucky mad was to be able to do that so much with tara strong and then i remembered she has actually worked on robot chicken

why did she have so many more roles on mad then she did here

DUDE WEED LMAO
DUDE GORE LMAO
DUDE NERDS LMAO
DUDE POP CULTURE REFERENCES LMAO
DUDE TERRIBLE PUNS LMAO

Can I be a Robot Chicken writer now?

No, because unlike you RC manages to be funny once a season. That's the worst part. No matter how terrible, banal, and intellectually bankrupt most tv shows are, they're still better than any of the anons that complain.

Only watched the DC specials. They're bretty good, mainly because of though

This guy gets it.
Good summary.
Btw, tooth fairy sketch kills me every time.

Its just gone on far too long.

I still can't forgive this show for cancelling Titan Maximum.

It's alright. Not the worse comedy show ever, but the older seasons have dated pretty badly

Thats really an odd opinion, I think the new ones are already dated on release because they are trying too hard and they have ran out of steam

older ones still had the energy and the charm. And are still funny.