Almost this whole final battle sucked

Almost this whole final battle sucked.

Honestly, I thought the actual Batman Superman fight was the single worst fight scene in Snyder's history.

It genuinely felt like a CW fight in some parts, particularly when they're just throwing punches at each other on the rooftop.

Is that supposed to be Doomsday?

the action in this movie was weak sauce. which is fucking shocking.

like snyder was good at one thing and he even fucked that up. the final battle was a CGI mess.

bizarro/doomsday/superboy

Minus the warehouse takedown with Batman, all the action scenes were lackluster at best.

All of it was great. The whole movie was awesome. Too good for this world. Thank you, Zack Snyder.

This. Thank you.

I was legitimately looking forward to the action at the very least. Walked away from the movie feeling like most of the action sequences were alright at best, and that's if you don't think about how often Batman kills people.

Just realized a short while ago, there's a bit of the Parasite in there as well since there's some energy absorption/manipulation too.

Which isn't even really accurate to the source material.

I know, right? There wasn't much action in this movie at all desu.

I don't know if it was just the feeling of the extended cut, which is the only version I've seen, but it was shockingly light on actual action scenes.

Remember when Hulk had a better fight, against a better (but similar) enemy?
And even though he was a barely-controllable Rage Monster, the Hulk didn't kill anyone in the entire picture?

>I don't know if it was just the feeling of the extended cut, which is the only version I've seen, but it was shockingly light on actual action scenes.
I haven't seen the extended version yet but that's how I felt about the theatrical version as well and that shit had 30 minutes of less screen time.

Honestly I really hope JL is more action-packed and that Snyder gets his shit together for action scenes. Because BvS was actually not really that good.

its almost like Zach Synder listened to the complaints, tried his best, and still failed

Would suck his spiked penis while he bellows and hisses though

The thing was there was no real stakes in the BvS fight. None of the punches felt real or weighty. They had no real relationship prior to the fight so nothing was really at stake. I really wish someone at WB told Terrio/Goyer/Snyder the innate faults of the script and movie.

This is what Civil War did better, the fight felt like it had some weight, both emotionally and physically.

I actually liked it out of context, exactly how I imagined a Trinity v Doomsday fight to go, but in context it was pretty weightless. However when Doomsday first pooped out of the cocoon and his little pre nuke rampage he did feel immensely threatening and extremely powerful.

Also the death scene in the extended cut had some more weight since Superman was an actual fucking character in the extended version, although it was still pretty damned hamfisted.
Extended cut isn't a bad movie but it was an utterly retarded way to do the characters.

My problem is that they actually do build up the tension between bats and Supes in the extended cut, but it gets thrown away becasue Lex still fucking just blackmails him into doing it so it becomes pointless.

bait

Only because Betty stopped him.
He was more than willing to crush Abomination's neck (or ribcage. It's been years since I saw that) with his foot.

MARTHA?

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?

>This is what Civil War did better, the fight felt like it had some weight, both emotionally and physically.
Snyderfags will try to argue otherwise but CW worked better because they actually took the time to develop the universe, characters, and their relationships with one another before having a superhero vs. superhero movie.

How is it bait, he's completely right.

Meanwhile when Tony and Cap come to blows its literally the climax of a relationship that's been around for four years already, built upon Tony's daddy issues that were established in Iron Man 2.

Plus the fight itself was genuinely tense, unlike BvS.

Shit, that shot where Tony thinks Cap is about to cave his face in? That right there has more emotional connection that anything in Batman & Superman's interactions.

>willing to crush Abomination's neck (or ribcage. It's been years since I saw that)

I think he was going to choke him to death with that chain.

funny thing is it didnt take that fucking long. you knew the stakes for everyone involved. Black Panther lost his father, cap has been right everytime the government has questioned him, tony was overcompensating for sins past, nearly lost his best friend in the process of that fight, and holy shit the reveal about bucky killing tony's parents, even though you knew it was coming, had fucking emotional weight. cap is not 100% for not disclosing that with tony. everyone was fucking justified in some way, and no one came away clean.

why did superman sacrifice himself again? why was that needed? i understood batman's motivations but at the same time it was like copy pasted in a crazy way with lex so that got lost in the mix.

holy fuck are you actually serious?

Though I liked CW much better theatrical version your post is 100% bait or just dense. Snyder's fights are always best fights cinema ever had.

That's certainly an opinion.
have a (You).

master bait

There were so many other options Snyder could have gone for in the third act that would have had some level of emotional resonance.

I remember seeing Scoot MacNairy in the set photos and thinking how perfect he would be from Metallo. Luthor turning him into a cyborg reto-fitted with Kryptonian tech and letting his insane grief drive him would have both fit in thematically with Superman's mistakes coming back to haunt him and would have kept Bruce naturally ingrained into the plot.

The fights in BvS were all crap. Even the Batman warehouse fight everyone jizzed over, it was just as empty as the rest of them and Snyder couldn't even give Bats a fight scene with the one fucking villain he set up organically in the narrative.

Yes I am. Any particular points you want to argue with me?
Best how? Visually, sure maybe. But in terms of emotional weight or stakes? No fucking way, at least personally.

Because it was only way to kill Doomsday? WW holding him with lasso, Batman isn't superpowered at all. What else do you want?

It like questioning why Vision shot War Hammer.

>I remember seeing Scoot MacNairy in the set photos and thinking how perfect he would be from Metallo. Luthor turning him into a cyborg reto-fitted with Kryptonian tech and letting his insane grief drive him would have both fit in thematically with Superman's mistakes coming back to haunt him and would have kept Bruce naturally ingrained into the plot.

yeah what the fuck was that actor doing there if he wasn't going to have a bigger part?

You just forgot to add "personally" in your previous posts.

It still feels super contrived that Doomsday was able to kill Superman though.

It was a gigantic and incoherent clusterfuck of bad CGI.

Seriously, what has happened with CGI in the last years?
Why has it gotten worse?

>yeah what the fuck was that actor doing there if he wasn't going to have a bigger part?

To prove that even an actor as talented as MacNairy becomes complete shit when given to Snyder.

Doomsday kills Superman, that's like all Doomsdays do.
It is like questioning why does Captain America needs shield.

Comparing to what ?

Instead of thoughtfully crafting a scene and using cgi to enhance the scene, there's a greater reliance on just doing it all as cgi. I'm going to be honest, most of the transformers movies and fast and furious movies look better than that last final battle of Browns and oranges.

>Lex still fucking just blackmails him into doing it so it becomes pointless.

Supes wasn't fighting Batman because Lex told him too, he was trying to convince Batman to stop fighting.

I bet you're one of those "CGI experts" online who said BB8 looked like "bad CGI" before it was revealed to be practical.

Transformers 3 and Iron Man 1 and 2.

I think it's the problem of doing 100% CGI scenes and hiring shitty korean studios instead of ILM.
I mean, Marvel hired them to make the AoS CGI for this episode.

>Doomsday kills Superman, that's like all Doomsdays do.

>Superman stabs him with the Kryptonite spear
>instead of just dying right away, Doomsday impales him with his spike before finally dying

Ok.

Doomsday did not need to be in the movie when the headliner was supposed to be batman vs superman.

No, i'm a CGI expert who thinks pic related looks like a fucking videogame.

>climax of a relationship that's been around for four years already

Yeah, a couple of scenes of them not liking each other= epic relationship!

''Cap almost cuts Iron Man's head! The emotional connection of almost murder! is not just a loud and dumb fight scene, I swear.

Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean looked better than Doomsday.

Don't know why CGI is going backwards.

>Transformers 3 and Iron Man 1 and 2.

Daredevil itt! Get the Hell out of Hell's Kitchen!

When the hell will everyone ditch the shaky cam?

I know it's supposed to make it feel ''powerful'', but even fucking Michael Bay managed to make punches and fights feel powerful without having Michael J. Fox holding the camera.

The whole FUCKING MOVIE sucked

It clearly doesn't.

Nope.

It clearly does.
Look at this, it even has that ''tick'' from a lot of Unreal Engine 3 games where light outlines characters.

IS IT TOO SOON?

AM I TOO SOON TO PLUG MY MOVIE?

BRUCE, YOU HAVE TO FIND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART 1

No.

Snyder, please.

>CGI costumes
No.
Seriously, if your CGI isn't good enough, why do it?
Civil War and MoS suffered from the floaty head meme.
If your CGI is not good enough, don't overuse it.

Or just hire ILM or something, I mean, it's not like these are cheap movies.

Is this the power of the PS4??

>Supes face when he looks up at Zod
ayy

>Supes takes a punch in the ribs without so much as flinching
>a car falling on him distracts him enough for Zod to get an edge
Or at least I think that's what's happening. There's so much shit going on, who thought that looked good?

>that shot of him looking up
my sides will never be the same

Did he have to have CGI hair???

But they aren't, his fight scenes and fight choreography are overrated as fuck. The Batman vs Superman fight was the most stupidest shit that has been put in a major blockbuster in a long time. The way Superman doesn't dodge the absolute fuck out of the second kyrpto bullet was bullshit.

Audience is too forgiving nowadays.
I mean, Pirates of the Caribbean is a Disney movie, and they had Hans Zimmer doing the soundtrack, ILM making ALL the CGI in the movie, not just faces like they do mostly nowadays, and on top of that it was shot beautifully.

It's a shame the cinematic universe thing didn't begin back in 2002 or so.

Worst part of the movie IMO. I probably would be more excited to watch the Ultimate Edition if I didn't know I'd have to sit through that fight again.

I actually completely disagree with that. Man of Steel had WAY better action scenes than this. What the fuck happened? The Smallivlle fight was fucking fantastic.

Looks like the love child of Thrax and Kit Fisto.

That mask is fucking CG

Shakey cam is good when it contrasts with the rest of the movie. That is to say, it contrasts well with when there is no shakey cam. Say what you will about ATLA but the shakey cam when the dragons come out in the cartoon felt other worldly and powerful because literally the rest of the series had no shakey cam.

Millions were spent to make Cavill look less balding.

Why was Wonder Woman the only one who put a decent fight against Doomsday?

It looks just perfect.

Costume isn't cgi.

Why would he be able to dodge it when he hadn't fully recovered from the last one?

He'd recovered enough to tank batman's suit punches without flinching but he's not fast enough to not let Batman load his gun and hit him with a fucking pellet?

Holy shit somebody make a gif of superman's "look up face"

Because the Doomsday fight was when they remember they needed to give the audience any reason at all to care about Wonder Woman

Man, George Miller can't make another Mad Max movie fast enough.

>answers to bait
Whatever happened to user of Sup Forums

>Costume isn't cgi.
Zod's costume is.
Can someone post that pic of Shannon in the grey CGI tracking suit inside a capsule or something?

Did you miss the part where Superman was punching him into orbit before he got nuked?

Tanking a bat fist doesn't mean he's fully recovered and can move faster than a bullet.

I swear you faggots go out of your way to make up reasons to get mad at shit when there's already actual things in the movie to be mad at.

>DCucks defending this

My fucking sides, this is now laughingevans.gif general

Yes.

But the kitchen sink tho!

>it's muh company war episode
Ayy, dude, go get them!

It wasn't a bullet though, the speed at which Superman forced Batman through a wall after the first kryptonite gas wore off was faster than the grenade launcher, there was no reason he couldn't have dodged the second.

It's kind of dumb that Batman had to monologue like a Bond villain. What's the point of lecturing the alien on what it means to be a man if he's just going to kill him anyway?

It was fucking stupid.

>Hey, listen, stop fighting man we can be pals
>Maybe if I punch you and throw you one yard away, you'll calm down and listen
>I'm Superman

That speech about how "You were never even a man" sounded more like something Luthor would say than Batman.

Civil War or CW the channel?

If that's the ending they wanted It would have been better if Lex used the Kryptonian Tech and DNA to change General Eiling into the final boss fight. But maybe that goes against there deal with the army and maybe it's to much of a direct copy of what they did with Blonsky and Abomination, but it fits better.

Oh fuck, that would've been fucking badass.

Too bad Snyder doesn't actually read comic books.

Bullshit. An average grenade travels at 250 m/s when fired from a muzzle. There is no way Supes threw Bats that hard through the wall. Bats would have kept going through multiple walls at that speed.
Plus Superman was in midair launching himself towards Batman. He didn't seem to have his flight powers back so their is no way he could have dodged it while in midair.
Congratulations, we've devolved into autistic levels of nitpicking.

>He didn't seem to have his flight powers back so their is no way he could have dodged it while in midair.
Literally the first thing he does after the first Kryptonite gas wears off is fly

>The thing was there was no real stakes in the BvS fight. None of the punches felt real or weighty. They had no real relationship prior to the fight so nothing was really at stake. I really wish someone at WB told Terrio/Goyer/Snyder the innate faults of the script and movie.
Yes

>This is what Civil War did better, the fight felt like it had some weight, both emotionally and physically.

Haha fuck no

but this is awesome.

He is fly very slow

It certainly is a wonderful fight. You can tell this thread is mostly populated by Sup Forums because Sup Forums should be the last place that nitpicks CG animation.

Because he was actually a villain before Martha-name resonated as he realized the monster he became.

That's just like comic books work.

It was also slower and much less spectacular than MoS Superman vs. Zod.