/who/ - Doctor Who General

"You Know, I Really Think You Might" Edition.

Curated:

Other urls found in this thread:

bigfinish.com/news/v/that-was-the-week-that-wa18
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnZZ-_s1jQ
outpostskaro.com/2017/06/25/former-brand-manager-in-big-star-snub/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whoops, last time:

>failed to link back to the previous thread

BRAVO user
R
A
V
O

I’ve been rewatching series 1 and listening to the commentaries. Steven Moffat is one of the commentators on TEC/TDD, along with John Barrowman and David Houghton, visual effects supervisor.
You can probably guess where this is going.
They do say some cool and interesting stuff. Moffat is very complimentary about CE’s acting. I sometimes think Barrowman is a little too full of himself, but he’s amusing most of the time. They make some jokes about Jack’s sexuality that are in questionable taste, but since Barrowman is the one starting it, I guess you have to give it a pass.
But then, after Nancy says that the gasmask creatures are all her fault, and the Doctor starts to realize that she’s not what she seems, Moffat jokes about what’s going on in the Timelord’s mind:
SM: He’s putting it all together in his big Doctor Who brain. He’s thinking “You slut. You little slapper . ..[laughter] …So are you busy later, dear? So you’re 21? Come into the Tardis.”
Now, me, I can make dirty jokes and lewd headcanons with the worst of them. But there’s a time and a place, Mr. Moffat, and this is neither.
In the context of the story, finding out that Nancy is Jamie’s mother is poignant. It adds depth to her character and makes her even more of a hero than she already is. For me, it also brought up the question of whether the act that got her pregnant was consensual or not. After all, there are references to other members of her band being abused by adults.
At least Moffat leaves well enough alone in the actual script, and we get our poignant moment. But in the back of his mind, behind the scenes, when he’s trying to be witty and irreverent and his filter is off, what does he think? A woman who’s had sex = a woman to be vilified and propositioned.
So yeah, ick.

Reminder that RTD is a hack

Daily reminder there was literally nothing wrong with the tank scene.

It was funkino..

Nah, wrong!

A MARINISIAN VOORDERNAM

This. People only hated it because they think Capaldi has to be serious all the time.

>You slut. You little slapper

Next Doctor will be a woman.
#Hype
If Doctor who was an american series the next doctor would be a MTF Transgender "woman" of color who is in love with her also black and also overweight companion who is a successfull business woman in her private life

If you're gonna repost the same pic at least change the filename

RTD > Moffat

WEAT was better than Heaven Sent

>ywn see susan get ploughed by a horny voord

Why live?

I will only accept a female Doctor if she becomes the Master's cocksleave.

Obscure picks for new who

I know she's not an actress Sup Forums

Two episodes were about a person who died but Trckster offered to save them in a way that will fuck with Sarah Jane (Trickster has a hateboner for her). Both required convincing those people to call the deal off and die.

The last one was basically Father's Day.

Heaven Sent>World Enough and Time>The Pandorica Opens>Dark Water

The less said about the penultimate episodes of Moffat's other finales the better.

So what was the ballsy sacrifice? One user, maybe you, said that SJA was more ballsy than NuWho and I still don't know how so.

Big Bang and Hell Bent were good.

Hell Bent was the biggest steaming pile of shit Moffat has presented so far.

Lets Kill Hitler

Hell Bent was fucking dire

Not really
You guys just overhyped the fuck out of it

I really love it how you give what time you're on Rosa

It helps me to react with you...as if we were sitting next to each other

Okay, rewatching Husbands of River Song.
>DOCTOR: River, not one person on this ship, not one living thing, is worth you.
RIVER: Or you.

But Doctor literally sacrificed himself so Wilf could live. What did Moffat mean by this?

The way Doctor Who says "NOOOOO!" when regenerating is like he just failed nofap by edging too much.

The person who made the deal with the Trickster had to die in order to stop him.

With Monks not only Bill didn't have to die, Doctor didn't return to blindness either. There was zero sacrifice of any kind.

I'm not saying SJA was particularly ballsy so much as saying The Lie of the Land was utterly devoid of balls.

Cringe.

Big Bang was good and had a spectacular finale. Hell Bent got worse as it went along and ended shit.

I don't understand the hate for Let's Kill Hitler or Wedding. Then again, I don't remember a thing about Let's Kill Hitler other than Rory punching the furor.

As if you were sitting with your hand in mine

Moffat's creations are all more important than the inconsequential people in the universe because he and they are all so super special.

Not long until we're finally rid of this awful hack.

Wedding was a fucking mess.

>One is a ship literally stated to be filled with villians and rogues across the universe
>The other was the greatest companion of NuWho

Gee, I wonder numbnuts

This is bizarrely specific b8

As if we were watching the episode whilst you lie on top of me

This.

It's not like you can write any better user

>One is a ship literally stated to be filled with villians and rogues across the universe
He didn't know that at this point.

How much did BF rob you of this week?

They're sale's still active until midnight if you missed a day!

bigfinish.com/news/v/that-was-the-week-that-wa18

BE MINE ROSA

>you can only criticise people if you're better than them

Me being unable to write for shit does not make Moffat any less of a hack.

Wait, he did.

MACQUEEN! CANON! NOW!

>the greatest companion of NuWho
Thats not nardole.

Never canon.

>If I believe in just one thing, just one thing, I believe in her! (Rose)
>The Doctor in Extremis: I don't believe in anything

What did Moffat mean by this?

EAT THE FUCKING CHEESE

That's just what went through my mind as I was watching the scene.

HAVE ANOTHER FUCKING PRAWN

Moffat can't write finales for toffee. He makes some fantastic build-ups, brilliant beginnings that leave you wanting to know what happens next but the second episode of any two-parter he's ever done he just shits the bed and gives up being clever.
It's like he just says "fuck it, lets get this over with" and rattles through a load of nonsense and hopes the speed of the narrative is enough to paper over any cracks.

Bad editing.

>"Matt, we're going to need you to glue some of your pubes to your face for this scene."

>what is Forest of the Dead

He can write 2 parters just fine. It's just season finales he can't do. And Big Bang is a great episode.

Something for you to watch.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnZZ-_s1jQ

>knock knock
HARRY: I'm scared.
DOCTOR: Don't be.
HARRY: Why not?
DOCTOR: It doesn't help.

>LITERAL next episode
BILL: Are you trying to scare us?
DOCTOR: I'm maxing out your adrenaline. Fear keeps you fast. Fast is good.

What did writers mean by this? Like, really, WHAT THE FUCK WRITERS MEAN BY THIS?

Now you're just shitposting

>big bang is good
This meme needs to die.

ROSE TYLER WAS THE DOCTOR'S ONE TRUE LOVE

stop using that word
how is that shitposting
and out of these two posts mine is only the 2nd one

Who?

>the second episode of any two-parter he's ever done he just shits the bed
The Doctor Dances is genuinely my favourite episode of the revived series.

You spelt ROSA wrong

this proves that moffat is the ultimate chad

how
it only proves that hes sexist as fuck

Stop being retarded then

You're comparing what two different characters said. You do know what character development is right?

How is it bad?

As I said, he does good 2 parters. The problem is when he tries season finales and he has to make it some big epic thing with seasonal plot lines and shit. If he stayed simple and contained then it's good.

Who gives a shit

Is Doctor from Knock Knock and Doctor from Oxygen two different characters? Is timey wimey involved?

Edward Russell/Outpost Skaro DRAMA get in here bois

outpostskaro.com/2017/06/25/former-brand-manager-in-big-star-snub/

>DAE moffchad and rtfbad
we get it cats

Harry was being annoying. 12 just wanted him to shut up.

therefore he is the ultimate chad? or do you not know what chad means

I think Doctor prefers not to mention existance of Gallifrey trying not to attract attention to it.

Fuck off you special snowflake

So why hasn't 13 been announced yet? Hadn't most doctors been announced this close to the finale?

They're probably holding in a gigantic shit waiting to announce that it's a woman and are scared of backlash.

Probably going to appear next week.

You're such a fucking cletus.

The Series isn't over yet, they'll probably announce them sometime after The Doctor Falls.

''Don't call me Ed'' has there ever been a bigger diva working for the BBC?

i won't stop until the 25% get it too and fuck off. which should be in about 2 weeks time

Seems like a really risky option when starting with a new showrunner too desu

Why does the Doctor recently not what to change? he's clearly the same dude just with a different look and personality but he is the same person inside.

He's probably going to be in next week's ep.

That was just Ten, he said it felt like dying and he turns into a new man. Capaldi seemingly doesn't want to regenerate because of Bill and/or something that happens next week.

If you could regenerate and you were a straight man would you turn yourself into a sexy lesbian for a few hundred year?

Regeneration probably fucks you up hard psychologically

I know that Moffat suck at everything as a showrunner, but isn't the whole River Song the worst character failure? The whole backward experience is of course BS, but the total lack of chemistry between her and every Doctor is just weird. The idea that 11 would marry her is just... NO. There where no love between them ever. It just felt like some kind of forced marriage. Forced by the story arc.

She was interesting when she first appeared but got old really quick.

Threadly Reminder

>Good episodes during RTD's Run
Dalek
Empty Child/Doctor Dances
Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways
Girl in the Fireplace
Impossible Planet/Satan Pit
Human Nature/Family of Blood
Blink
Utopia/Sounds of Drums
Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
Time Crash
Midnight
Turn Left
The Stolen Earth
Waters of Mars

>Good Episodes during Moffat's run
The Eleventh Hour
Amy's Choice
Vincent and The Doctor
The Lodger
Pandorica Opens/Big Bang
A Christmas Carol
Doctor's Wife
Girl Who Waited
God Complex
The Snowmen
Bells of Saint John
Hide
Name of the Doctor
Day of the Doctor
Listen
Mummy on the Orient Express
Flatline
Dark Water/Death in Heaven
Last Christmas
Under the Lake/Before the Flood
The Woman Who Died
Face the Raven
Heaven Sent
The Pilot
Oxygen
Extremis
Empress of Mars
Eaters of Light
World Enough and Time

12 and River had much more chemistry than 11 and River.

She had amazing character with every actor that played the doctor. Imagine not knowing what good acting is. The majority of people love River. Stop acting like you're an edgelord for thinking she was shit.

We don't know why Capaldi is saying "NOOOO", Eccleston and Smith were pretty chill about it, and so the classic Doctor, except the second, since he was forced to change

My guess is they're not going to air Series 11 until the fall of 2018 or spring of 2019 or some ridiculous bullshit like that, so they haven't even picked yet.
Fuck Brits and their lazy scheduling.

>no time heist

t. gallifreybase

>the total lack of chemistry between her and every Doctor is just weird
Do you watch the show?

>The idea that 11 would marry her is just... NO.
9 and 10 fell in love with Rose. It's not new.
Also it was the closet thing he had to another Time Lord before Missy so