71 years ago today the US commited the greatest war crime in history: using nuclear weapons against human beings by...

71 years ago today the US commited the greatest war crime in history: using nuclear weapons against human beings by bombing Hiroshima Japan.

How can anyone justify this? The US could have just demonstrated the bomb for Japan over the ocean. There was no need to commit genocide, yet I know Sup Forums will defend it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_France
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gr8 b8 m8 8/8 r8

> the greatest war crime in history

hardly

at least some of them died instantly in a blast I can name at least 10 war crimes that are worse than that

The torture on those who did not die instantly makes the bombings pretty fucked up

I agree with you on that actually. There is nothing worse that has ever happened. Literally like 6 million holocausts only bad

Get fucked Commie

This is a shit post

US printed 500,000 purple heart medals in anticipation of the casualties that were expected from the invasion of mainland Japan.

Fuck them. If they didn't want to get BTFO with the world's strongest bombs then they shouldnt have hit us first.

>Don't start something
>Won't be something

Japan good boi. They were just on the way to America to buy skittles and Arizona iced teas and accidentally attacked Pearl Harbor

>inb4 holohoax

Using nuclear weapons probably wound up saving more lives. Could you imagine the blood bath that an invasion/occupation would have rendered upon everyone involved?

People who were actually alive in WW2 could not give less of a fuck. People who served in WW2 probably wish we'd had more bombs to drop.

It saved a lot of lives!

Hopefully we can drop some more bombs on other countries in the near future and save even more lives!

And maybe Russia can drop some bombs of their own and participate in the widespread lifesaving! And then we can all save lives together on a global scale!

We didn't even have to invade though. We could have starved them of resources or just conducted a staging of the bombs for their leaders as a warning

Should have starved japan out instead, save the whales.

Kek

No, these people can't.

Because they're retards.

I'm pretty glad we don't have north and south Japan.

Sup Forums will defend it not because they believe it was objectively the right thing to do, but they will defend it because defending it would be the edgy contrarian thing to do. You're wasting your blood pressure on the wrong crowd, OP.

Then soviets were going to invade.

>Japs
>Human beings
Nice Try

This, really. Mass bombing of cities was done by all major powers, but the effects of conventional weapons weren't excessively brutal (in warfare, that is). This is exactly why chemical weapons were banned in the Geneva Conventions; "sure, kill each other, just don't be an ass about it."
Not to mention the second bomb was totally unnecessary. It would have been much better to drop the bomb, at the very least, on a military target and scare the Japanese that way.
But--
>genocide
No. Extremely cruel, yes, but there was no goal of extermination.

Likewise, thank you for being rational.

>Japanese were utterly barbaric when it came to their war crimes.
>They were intent on fighting for years more in a deadly door-to-door war.

They had it coming and they surrendered. Maybe other countries will remember still what happens when you attack America unprovoked.

More Japanese lives would have been taken in a land invasion.

the bombs made anime so thats ok
>fight shitposts with shitposts

I am sorry Japan bros we shoulda used it on china not you

I also would like to post a friendly reminder, iirc, that a greater proportion of burgers are still assdamaged over Pearl Harbor than Japs about the bombings.

They didn't surrender after the first bomb what makes you think a demonstration would convince them!?

Japan started it, they got what was coming to them.

Internal communiques actually show it was likely they were going to, especially after the Soviet invasion of Manchuria. It isn't like we gave them time to think things over.

Actually your greatest crime was destroying the third reich. Should have allied instead but now in no small part thanks to you the entire west and white race is fucked possibly forever

A few minutes after is plenty of fucking time after something like that. They had 3 days until the second one.

>but the effects of conventional weapons weren't excessively brutal
You know firebombing is the use of conventional weapons too right?

You're right, they didn't bomb the rest of japan, just a part of it. Thats the greatest war crime in history

It was justified. There was intel thatsaid that by dropping those bombs in those locations at that precise moment, all niggers in the world would die. But something went wrong and the nigger curse was not lifted, and see where we are now.

why so edgy wei loo

Fair enough. Although in politics, good luck getting something done on time. The Japs were crazy to begin with, so it took some time to convince or overrule the 'to the death' party in the government.
Note the "in warfare" part.
Flame is a nasty way to go, no doubt, but it's still much better than having your skin fall off in chunks. It's relatively quick.
I'm not a fucking cuck--you do what you have to for victory, but that doesn't mean I glorify violence just for its own sake. Especially when civilians are attacked. Yes, the Japanese largely knew what they were getting into, which is why you don't see me giving the bullshit of "Murica so evil whitey bad".

Relax my man.

Come WW3, I'm sure China is going to make Japan glow for the next million years.

Never fucking forget man. Never.

Something to be proud of.

Unit 731

fun fact: serbs committed 9 out of those 10

yes just let them steamroll and kill off large sections of every countries population

fucking moron

fuck up bozgor

I hope you guys get your lives saved by russians.

Look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki today versus Detroit today.

Really makes you think...

Dunno. 300.000 people seems like a small price to end a war. It was either this or an invasion.

I think we know why that difference exists.

So in order to stop you exporting gypsies you should be nuked as well? Seems like a small price.

living the welfare dream in canada, eh gyppo?

war is good, even though during it you will experience a number of unfortunate happenings and disturbing acts committed by humans, in the long run it sows the seeds for a new world to grow. a world in which you can sit on your computer watching anime catgirls lick eachothers butts, if there was no war, then there would be no anime cat girls.

Everyone who comes to china from the west thinks its like japan. We are not children fucker like them

That is the sole hope we can hold for

You wish. China is just going to get culturally enriched again.

Your president invites terrorist into your country, we burn them with flamethrowers.

Nice digits Liu Kang
But your kung fu has no match for nuclear cholesterol

Hindsight is 20/20. We know now that the Soviets were even more war exhausted than the West was and we know now that the Japanese were already intending to surrender.

The US decision makers of the time knew none of that, so they made the decision to drop the bombs to force a quick surrender.

Personally I think it's to the worlds benefit the bombs were dropped. Better we learn the true horrors of nuclear weaponry then in a relatively small incident than decades later when both the US and the USSR are lobbing hundreds at each other.

what does that have to do with anything?
I can kill 6 billion people without damaging a single human-build structure. Does that mean it wouldnt be a warcrime? fucking retard

@OP: you are right, of course, although calling it genocide is wrong, because there was no intent to exterminate an entire people, but it was a massive warcrime.
made worse by the fact that Japan had already surrendered when the US dropped the nukes.
inb4 murikans deny that

> There is little point in attempting precisely to impute Japan's unconditional surrender to any one of the numerous causes which jointly and cumulatively were responsible for Japan's disaster. The time lapse between military impotence and political acceptance of the inevitable might have been shorter had the political structure of Japan permitted a more rapid and decisive determination of national policies. Nevertheless, it seems clear that, even without the atomic bombing attacks, air supremacy over Japan could have exerted sufficient pressure to bring about unconditional surrender and obviate the need for invasion.

>Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts, and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the Survey's opinion that certainly prior to 31 December 1945, and in all probability prior to 1 November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated

I've never been to Japan, but China....it's a cultural melting pot, the masses of people made me feel miserable, villages are russian-tier, the air in the cities is unbearable...should I go on?

lol dude they knew the Japs were going to surrender when they dropped the bombs

Yes. Truly terrible.
unit731(dot)org

I know, right? The US should have nuked the leg instead of nuking to kill. How hard can that be?

who is that transgender bender?

>The US could have just demonstrated the bomb for Japan over the ocean.
Good line but these threads are still mods pls

>war crime
>implying nips are people
>implying they didn't deserve this
>implying they weren't gonna fight to the last man, causing a more then 1 million casualty estimate in the fight to take japan to calm their shit
>wanting to kill even more people then actually died
you sir are truly retarded.

You went to the mainland. It can get nuked too. Its much like the midwest of america

You're alright, for a fucking leaf.

>killing hundreds of thousands of men, women, children and old people for no reason whatsoever
>not a warcrime
sure thing, fatass

>The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view, in the defeat of Japan.

>The use of [the atomic bombs] at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons ... The lethal possibilities of atomic warfare in the future are frightening. My own feeling was that in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children.

>The atomic bomb had nothing to do with the end of the war at all.

>The first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment ... It was a mistake to ever drop it ... [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it ...

>genocide
You don't know what that word means. But you clearly are ignorant to history so Im not surprised

dont quote me mongoloid, i make 5 times the amount of money you do

Firebombing Tokoyo was any better?

Except that is all false. Japan did not fully surrender till after the bombs and the bombs were strategic in showing we didn't need to put a single trooper on yhe ground to completely wipe out the nation

>unsourced text to make you sound smart and informed

fuck off kraut, usa should have used one on Berlin too

GOOD

haha, sure you do! poor canadians aren't far enough from romania to not get flooded with gypsies. Noone is safe anymore

Fuck that, U pussy.

Mess with the best, die like the rest.

That's because Hirohito was a Freemason and under blood oath not to surrender. Of course he along with other high ranking Freemason war mongers like FDR survived that war.

US Freemasons and other religious freaks nuked civilians again on 11 of 9. Their own civilians! Micro nukes but still!

I fully support nuclear depopulation of earth tho. Too many monkeys, not enough bananas already.

>japanese
>human
In theory maybe. Asians dont have real feelings like people do.

But like....some nigger here apologied for it remember?

>this imbecile crying over Nips

go stuff your fat face with sushi you dumb jap

good

Niggers don't know that the US was allied with the commies against Japan

Emperor told every last man woman and child to fight to the death. Japanese were zealotic and tenacious fuckers that would have done it to.

We would have lost tens of thousands of American and allied solders to take Japan with hextupile the number of Japanese causalities.

The bomb was a bitch slap that knock sense into Japan to make them understand they lost and we had no interest throwing away lives in a pointless victory.

As a libtard, I can honestly defend the bombings. It saved more lives overall at the cost of a few (proportionally) and established the US as the dominant superpower in the world.

Why could you not naval blockade them? Nothing gets in nothing goes out. Kills more and is much crueller.

If you can justify the countless rapes of US nurses, human experimentation on POWs, amd any other war crimes commited by the japs

Ill justify the nukes

>If you can justify the countless rapes
lel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_France

"Life magazine reported the widespread view among American troops of France as "a tremendous brothel inhabited by 40 million hedonists who spent all their time eating, drinking, making love and in general having a hell of a good time.""

FUCK OFF TOJO

>japan in charge of shutting down atoms

>How can anyone justify this?

Because the sustained firebombing of Tokyo killed more people than both nukes combined, both Hiroshima and Nagasaki were major industry centers for the war effort, and the nuclear strikes ended the war without a ground invasion.

Now go bleed out of your pussy somewhere else.

Who captured the picture that OP posted? Was it God?

where is the censorship?

Give me the full size version of the POV pic on the left.

>130 of the 159 soldiers disciplined for rape were African-American
It's always niggers, isn't it?

Why didn't the nuclear blast take down these CONCRETE structures?

Why did the WTC7 suffer free-fall collapse from fires, but the Windsor Tower in Madrid didn't? Because it had a CONCRETE centerpiece beam, apparently.

Fighting already stopped, peace talks were underway. The only reason the bombs were dropped was because the USSR were mobilizing against japan, taking clay.

The bombs were a "fuck off" to the USSR, starting the cold war and nothing else.

How long will the people believe the propaganda story?