/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Pandorica Opens Edition.

The Lodger:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DWTVChris/status/879416645025968128
strawpoll.me/13283792
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do people like the Pandorica arc again?

Chibnall era is going to be so bad.

- In his broadchurch series 3 he positioned himself as a massive cuck. There's a line "I'm ashamed to be a man", holy shit, how cuck can one writer be?
- Torchwood is shit
- All of his DW episodes are shit

>The Pandorica Opens Edition.
Can we just close it again

>NuWho keeps using Cybermen for finales
>Uses them shittily every single time

>twelve visits paradise towers

They have been OK so far this time around apart from still doing the autistic stomping thing.

did Zoe have nipple piercings?

The voices are the Tenth Planet style with that shitting Rise of the Cybermen filter over it. Also the mouth doesn't gape open when they talk. Oh and they fly next ep.

WHY
H
Y

it can't be as bad as Moffat's series 6 and 7.

It's not like the past season has been that great either

They were used very well in WEAT for the most part but I don't doubt they're going to be wasted next episode. It's going to be like Death in Heaven all over again: Cybermen used as dumb mooks, degrading them even further instead of just using robots or something, while the Master takes front stage.

I this Chibbs will be much better at quality contral than Moff was

what's the worst episode of nuwho?

I vote Let's Kill Hitler.

No Fear Her or L&M. Those are universally considered shit.

what about CyberWood?

Love and Monsters isnt bad tho.
I'll vote either Wedding or Lets kill Hitler.

Hey, /who., name a better nuwho Cyberman story than World Enough Time, I dare you

anything with that shrieking hag Donna
alternately, the fart monsters take over Britain

The Doctor Falls. It has flying mondasians in it

I haven't watched let's kill Hitler, but I do know about the whole river thing. What's bad about it besides that?

Can't think of a single worst ep but most of the Capaldi era has been consistently shit/unwatchable. I nearly stopped watching last series. Which is a shame because Capaldi could've been a good Doctor, his eps were just bad, apart from a few.

So... who and how did say "Silence will Fall" in the TARDIS in Pandorica Opens?

The Next Doctor.

That's the thing with capaldi. Amazing doctor, horrible episodes

My wife's son is really excited for this one! He Lol'd out loud when he heard their heads were going to pop off and that they were going to fly. It's really great to see him happy, don't get to see him smile that much (he's autistic)

Thanks Doctor Who! Thanks Moffat!

Usual streamfags pop in, gonna watch some SJA in a bit

Handles

nightmare in silver literally rewrote the book on Cybermen and their potential. It was the last time Cybermen have ever been anywhere remotely close to threatening. People don't like it because n-not muh Cybermen, but everything else since then has just been stomping pushover drones.

awww that's lovely!

But it's not only not muh cybermen, this story literally doesn't touch on identity of cybermen. It could be a batallion of Raston Warrior Robots, not a line in script would've changed.

Fuck off.

Didn't know press had copies of The Doctor Falls already:

"Always fun looking at the rumours & so-called finale "spoilers" and knowing when they're talking shit

He says ONE rumour from a while back is true when asked about the next doctor or Bradley. There's no cut scenes, just missing effects.

"It's a toughie for sure! Not just spoilers, but also getting across my honest view when people have such insane exceptions"

twitter.com/DWTVChris/status/879416645025968128

Surely they wouldn't give press copies where they reveal the next doctor. I think Bradley shows up but no 13 unless he was wrong about no cut scenes.

>"It's a toughie for sure! Not just spoilers, but also getting across my honest view when people have such insane exceptions"

This is reviewer for "it's shit." Bravo Moffat, fucked again.

everything

the river thing takes up nearly the whole episode

>Horrible episodes
Nice meme m8

I wanna fuck donna

>Expecting part 2 of a Moffat finale to be good

You brought it on yourselves...I anticipated it would be shit from the get go.

Yeah, this is true.

This is the problem with all of Moffat's two-parters. Ninety percent of the reason you enjoy them is your imagination running wild with what the pay-off will be. That's why next to nothing always happens in the first part, and that's why everybody loves all the penultimate episodes.

Truth is though, they're not even that good on their own.

''One rumour from a little back is true. All I'm saying''

HEY, WE GOT THERE

Don't blame Moffat
It's your fault for overhyping it you fucking moron

Two masters will bring enough novelty to at least make the episode entertaining.

LKH and Fear Her are pretty good choices.
I think Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS is often overlooked. An episode with literally zero redeeming qualities.

The guys fucking leaving the show after 12 FUCKING years as a writer and 7 years as a showrunner, and couldn't once, just one make a decent finale. Actually follow up on the premise set up by his cliffhangers. Goddamn I hate him so much, how can one person be such a brilliant writer, but at the same time be absolute dogshit

The episode hasn't even aired yet yous spastic this is the opposite of overhyping something.

Kris Marshall (probably) - Moffat said recently in an interview about Capaldi's regeneration that "the series ends on an unexpected note...we're doing the regeneration differently this time"

>It's your fault that i overhyped something that was already gonna be shit!!

wew the state of this fucking general

>"12 goes out fighting"
This week is a literal cyberman war, 12 regenerates at the end of the episode, and we get a glimpse of 13. Xmas takes place in the doctors psyche when regenerating

>it's my fault for wanting things to be good as well as for Moffat being incapable of writing a good finale

If I had that kind of power over people I would be fucking Jenna Coleman right now instead of shitposting on a Mongolian basket weaving forum.

It's certainly the best one of the new series, but I still like Rise/Age and Closing Time (even if the end is shit, it's still pretty comfy). We'll have to see if it's let down like Dark Water was though, because I thought the same thing in 2014.

I'm not overhyped, I know TDF would be shit from the get go. But I WANT the man to write a decent finale.

The master(s) force his regeneration/they(or one of them, probabli simm) make it possible

The general's fine, people aren't calling DW dead every four posts.

It's because there's never actually any payoff to the set-up episode. Moffat finales typically go like this:

>Good/decent set up in part 1, nice ideas, cool cliffhanger
>PART 2: no resolution to cliffhanger, episode starts FUCKING MONTHS after the cliffhanger
>Cliffhanger explained away in a couple of lines of witty dialogue
>The rest of the ep is just boring character drama
>Nothing exciting happens
>Everything that made the first part good gets 'erased', 'fixed' or 'reset', so there's no actual consequence

strawpoll.me/13283792

Why do people like Krish Marshall so much?

Give me your pitch for a good Doctor Who plot.

>Krish Marshall

Who?

Partial ginger
It's a nuwho lore thingie

>In The Forest of the Night
>Kill the Moon
>Sleep No More
>Idiots Lantern

>putting a bunch of literal who's after /who/'s meme child, Kris Marshal
I'm on to user, and you're bias polls

Simm does a forced regen affecting the doctor so he regens.
All in the hope the doctor stops/leaves missy alone.
Because of this Missy doesn't know about this and Simm secures The master's future.
(Might be a trio-regen, missy also gone into a new one) old(simm Missy) goes her way.
doctor and bill never had sax.

It's a shame because the scenes in the hospital with the heads-in-bandages patients saying "pain, pain, pain" and "kill me" was creepy as heck.

Then they became cybermen and stomped.

And next weeks ep will be shit.

Oh right this is where we se simm becoming missy of course
how fucking dense am i

>flying mondasian cybermen
>ebin exploshuns an sheeeit

TDF looks like a fucking mess.

The line "this won't stop you feeling the pain, but it will stop you caring" messed me up.

The perfect episode

"Hello? Calling the streamfags. This is the Doctor speaking."

I'm hoping Capaldi, Simm and Gomez are able to make it at least watchable.

Moffat should be jailed for wasting them.

>no more episodes for 6 months after this week
Bitter sweet

>Bill's voice in the trailer
>and she was spotted on #dwsr when the ep was filming

It's looking like the cyberconversion is being undone somehow. Can't wait for Chibnall.

Yeah unless they sneak a scene into the actual broadcast seeing 13 is looking unlikely, especially with the insane expectations comment, unless the missing effect is Marshall's face.

Dreaming of Doctor Who to come is much better than watching Doctor Who produced by Steven Moffat.

I wish Moff had a carer who supervised his Finale writings, so they could go "No Steven, that's retarded, don't do that".

It's Moffat's fault for making hype-building an integral part of each episode with a last minute reveal and a big mystery building up to it.

>TPO -
Set-up: What's the Pandorica? Who is this "goblin, tricksters, or thief?" Why are the Doctor's enemies gathered? How's Rory back?

Reveal:
OMG! The Pandorica was made for the Doctor! Amy's DEAD! RORY'S BACK! The universe is ending! How's he going to get out of this!?

>Dark Water -
Set-up: What the fuck is this 3W shit? Where is Danny Pink? Who's MISI?

Reveal: OMG! Gallifreyan technology! Missy IS the Master! Cibbers invasion! What's Missy's plan? What will the cybermen DO!?

>Heaven Sent -
Set-up: What is this castle? Who do the skulls belong to? Why is the Doctor being tortured? What is the Doctor supposed to confess?

Reveal: HOLY SHIT! The Doctor was trapped in his own confession dial for billions of years! It was the Time Lords! Gallifrey! Fuuuuuuuck, he's going to rek some bitches!

>World Enough and Time -
Set-up: Who's Razor? What's the deal with the Cybermen being created on this ship? What's going to happen to Bill? How long is she going to wait? Is Missy going to stay good?

Reveal: The Master, holy shit! Cibbers invasion! What's his/ her/ their plan!? How's the Doctor going to save Bill!?

Basically, every time you're left with a bunch of questions, which can all be simplified as "holy shit, what are the consequences going to be?", which builds anticipation and interest in the pay-off.

What you're basically saying, because you're retarded, is that we shouldn't care at all about any of the plot developments or their potential effects on the characters. In other words, you're suggesting nobody should care about anything that happens in a medium which is explicitly designed to elicit one's interest and investment, and that if they do attempt to derive the chief form of pleasure and enjoyment which it is said medium's sole function to deliver, they're fools.

You're a fucking moron.

Weird. I had a reoccurring dream about capaldi regenerating for a few weeks

I think so
>Though I hope we get A interlude Master Simm for the next few series
>But there isn't even hope i the universe for that

The prospect of seeing the new Doctor is literally the only thing that's keeping me watching

They were so anxious of showing Capaldi's eyes in Day of the doctor when all of the world knew and cared, and now they're cockteasing? kind of topsy turvy

So when do we get leaks for the finale like we did with Hell Bent?

Oh please Moffat at least tie up both Missy and the Masters storyline properly.

>Capaldi regenerate
>falls to the ground
>the only shot you get is of the new doctor laying face down on the ground
>you managed to get a glimpse of his STRAWBERRY BLONDE hair
>episode ends. Doctor who returing this xmas!

Guys, I like the idea of RTD becoming 13th Doctor. He will wear clothes similar to Colin, but not too colorful.
His catchphrase will be "Quel Dommage" Just imagine it - Quel Dommage, Davros!
I think it's going to be great.

Why do people want an established character to become a woman/poc/both?

I'd pay to see Missy get tied up desu

consider suicide

He looks pretty Doctorish in this pic.

They both regenerate in the next episode.

I dunno, I don't care either way desu.

SHUT THE FUCK UP
I got exhausted halfway through your garbage fucking post
just shut the fuck up
this reads to me like a god damn wailing cat scratching itself on a chalk board
I hate you so fucking much
Never EVER come back to this board or general again
Just SHUT the FUCK UP

Because why not? Gimmicks are fun, and having the doctor being poc or a woman would allow for different kinds of stories no doubt. I liked Missy

This is some top shelf autism

proof?

The TL;DR version is:

You're a cunt, Moffat's shit.

This really
Moffat himself is still pretty good but he does allow a lot of shitty episodes from his other writers.

So like part Winter of Circular Time?

I think he is still good at separated episode, but he has no idea how to showrun a series. What character developement between episodes is like, what if recurring theme / idea of the series etc.

It's sounding an awful lot like a rehash of The Time of the Doctor. Big war. A lot of time passing for the companion/Doctor etc.

I have to admit, this is the only time Moffat actually surprised me. I really didn't see it coming.