T.J. Miller Discusses Silicon Valley Exit and ‘Contrarian’ Relationship with Thomas Middleditch

>in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Miller has explained the circumstances of his surprising departure. When HBO offered him a reduced role — only three or five episodes a season — he said he preferred a clean break because of his busy schedule.

>" I just thought what’s bad about it is that Richard is the CEO and then he isn’t but then he finds his way back to be CEO, and then once he finds his way back to being the CEO he says he doesn’t want to be the CEO, and it’s just the same thing over and over. … So I thought it would be really interesting [to leave]. "

>Bachman, a fan favorite, was becoming less integral to the show

>Mille says "Erlich in the show is just this constant annoyance to Richard … And I think in some ways, that is analogous to real life. I think in some ways Thomas Middleditch is … we have a contrarian relationship, like a big brother–little brother relationship. And this is also an opportunity for me to be like, “Let me just step off, dude. Like, just do your f—ing thing. You’re amazing.”

>"I want to have a schedule where I can have a fun, healthy relationship where we have lazy days. I also want to be the voiceover of How to Train Your Dragon theme parks. I’m doing a lot as a public servant and jester to the American public."

>"Everybody was like, “What the f— are you talking about? You’re on this successful show. Don’t you want three more years of solid acting work and don’t you want to be a famous television actor?” And I was like, “No, not really.” I’d like to parasail into the Cannes Film Festival for The Emoji Movie because that’s the next new funny thing that will make people laugh."

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tj-miller-says-leaving-silicon-valley-was-like-a-breakup-1016573

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f82LkpgD5r4&t=475s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit show with shit actors that will stay D list, who cares

>I’d like to parasail into the Cannes Film Festival for The Emoji Movie because that’s the next new funny thing that will make people laugh."

>actually believing this

>" I just thought what’s bad about it is that Richard is the CEO and then he isn’t but then he finds his way back to be CEO, and then once he finds his way back to being the CEO he says he doesn’t want to be the CEO, and it’s just the same thing over and over. … So I thought it would be really interesting [to leave

Glad he agrees with us

it's HBO's second most popular comedy next to Veep (source: TJ Miller)

>Irish jews try D-List celebrity

no i don't like it

Nice way of saying the show is a sinking ship

Yeah, I get it honestly. He's not the sorta type to be tied down to a certain project for too long. To be fair also the show has gotten repetitive, its just the same bullshit every season.

The show has become stale, he sees it, we see it but the producers don't. So I guess rather than stick around he wants to keep doing his own thing. Listening to his podcast he isn't the type of guy that wants to be really famous. He just wants to do his thing making people laugh and if he gets really famous for it then its just a bonus.

That's still D-List, the actors of Game of Thrones hardly break B-List and they're titans compared to this series.

He's mentally deranged. Remember how he attacked an uber driver for supporting Trump? The man is sick in the head and his career needs to die.

>get fired
>"I thought the show was shit anyways! I was saving it by quitting!"

>Some people, like Zach Woods — who’s very neurotic and never reads the press, so it doesn’t matter what you say about him in it — is such a sweetheart and somehow needs to make this [about] having a slow or healthier schedule overall.

I can't tell whether this is sarcasm or not

The second most popular of HBO's two comedies.

his hbo special was fucking horrible

You do.

>Even the Silicon Valley actors know the show keeps repeating the same plot every season.

Just end it already.

just hope him and Doobs can still be cool

The part where he does the Japanese Sempai presenting kneel, doesn't he do that on last years season of Silicon Valley ?

I never thought he was there to just annoy richard, he was there to butt heads with him because comedy and drama comes from conflict.

Just saying i'm gonna leave so you can have the show, shows he doesn't really understand what was happening on the show

He was the only thing funny in the show.

He looked like a Hollywood had been since the first time I saw him. Nice to see everything in Hollywood stays according to sudoku

his NAME is Penis Anthony Dooblingier

Literally a brainlet

>The Emoji Movie because that’s the next new funny thing that will make people laugh

Wow, pottery, life imitating art. He left a successful HBO show.... FOR THE EMOJI FILM???

Am I the only who likes silcon valley
ive been enjoying it less every season due to the repetitive plot, but the jokes are still funny

this season got interesting when it seemed like richard might team up with gavin, but then it went right back to richard vs gavin. a wasted opportunity.

>I’m doing a lot as a public servant and jester to the American public.

> I’d like to parasail into the Cannes Film Festival for The Emoji Movie because that’s the next new funny thing that will make people laugh.

Is this nigger for real?

TJ only made it because of the jewish connection, he doesn't have the judgement to be a creative and full time comedian.

Am I the only one happy about this? I couldn't fucking stand his character.

Gavin and Russ were the better characters.

>Oh it looks like Richard is going to fail and get a much needed lesson
>lol nevermind smartfridges yeah that works
Shit show.

Imagine being so lacking in self-awareness that you think the Emoji Movie will be as well received as Silicon Valley.

>parasail into emoji movie premiere

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

At least they went to great length to write him out organically

What's that same plot, retard?

The plot isn't repetitive whatsofuckingever. Life is. The nature of silicon valley is. It's a fucking adage to the fact that nothing actually improves in the tech world, and it's a constant clusterfuck.

You're focused on the big side of things when the entire fucking show is supposed to be focused on the details of how fucked up Silicon Valley's culture is.

Is this retard really going to JUST himself out of what little fame he had?

Whats your dick look like, Sup Forums?

0, you have a vagina

kek, he's fucking delusional. Erlich was a supporting character, nobody gives a fuck about this guy's shit projects, and nobody finds his antics funny.

Gorburger, the watered down guest friendly eric andre show done in a silly costume, tanked hard.

Why Some People Really Shouldn't Touch Cocaine: The Person

>I just thought what’s bad about it is that Richard is the CEO and then he isn’t but then he finds his way back to be CEO, and then once he finds his way back to being the CEO he says he doesn’t want to be the CEO, and it’s just the same thing over and over
Surely he can't be the only one on the show that's realized this? I'm sure there's other reasons for his exit but fair play to him for actually calling them out on it.

It really is repetitive as fuck. Trying to get project off the ground, finally figure out how to do it by end of episode, next episode massive fucking snag and project is basically dead. Rinse and repeat over 4 seasons.

who do you think his wife is fucking and does she let him watch?

>It's a fucking adage to the fact that nothing actually improves in the tech world
doesn't seem intentional, seems more like they need to come up with some plot at the end of each season

and I thought they were actually doing a nice little comment on the tech industry with the video calling story line the season started off with
they have the means to focus on some buzzword, flavour of the month each season (compression algorithm), and that style would actually be more satirical of silicon valley but they went with the Richard trying to make his own company/idea work out story again, which is a lot more of a story than a commentary
I still have hope for the next season, but it is repetitive

Erlich was a funny character though, those bits with Jin Yang were probably the hilight of the season for me
>Thomas Middleditch [...] like a big brother–little brother relationship
that's like a perfect slightly condescending Erlich line, I bet Thomas Middleditch would get pissed off and flustered over it

>"I want to be the voiceover of How to Train Your Dragon theme parks."

-T.J. Miller on leaving television's highest rated, Emmy Award winning HBO comedy

literally /ourguy/

This guy sounds legitimately deranged and delusional

youtube.com/watch?v=f82LkpgD5r4&t=475s

oh im laffin

It's a fucking joke you autist

Oh look we're back where we started literally no character has developed and season 5 will just be like 1 again gavin vs richard.

Exactly why we will be hearing and seeing him for he next 5 years