/got/ general

last

Bran a cute

What about a trebuchet?

Reminder that this board is Sup Forums and as such this is a place to discuss the TV show, not whine about the books. Whining about books makes you a bed-wetter.

Examples of bed-wetting behaviour -

Genuinely believing Stannis is still alive (delusional beyond belief)
Mentioning "Darkstar" (whatever that is)
Trying to cast or droning on about characters that will obviously not even appear in the show
Referring to the White Walkers as "Others"
Crying about some goofy zombie Cat Stark story being removed
Calling the Three Eyed Raven "Bloodraven" like a complete oaf
Saying "Dabid"
Not realising that saying "frogfu" is as beta as it gets
Whining about 104 year old Barristan Selmy being outnumbered and killed
Bringing up Reddit in any context
Using terms like "bookfag", "showpleb", "normies" or any cringeworthy variant

Please stick to discussing all the good and bad aspects of the TV show only. No bed-wetting.

If any of this post upsets you please do not whine like a child, kindly piss off to /lit/ and try not to weep when you get bullied.

Oh great OP is that retard with his obnoxious passive aggressive posts. Incoming samefagging.

Add whining about jaime

on the other hand this post totally doesn't sound like it has been written by an obnoxious passive aggressive retard.

threadly reminder to always point out the jaqenfag shitskin and call him a faggot pedo

Darkstar when?

On the other hand hi OP.

Maario Naharis

He actually fucked off for a few days, was pretty great

Why did Rhaegar name both his sons Aegon?

post GOT related memes

Reposting this from the weekend in case there are any Branbros around that missed it

Has anyone ever noticed that REM's album Green seems to be the inspiration for Bran's story? If so there are lots of hints on this. Even the album title makes me think Greenseer.

Let me do a run down of the tracks.
>Pop Song 89
This seems to be the inspiration for his visions of people at different times, as well as people and the weather changing
>Get Up
This focuses on Bran's dreams and visions and in season seven he seems to be unable to awake most of the time so it's spot on
>You are the Everything
"All you hear is time stand still in travel"
>Stand
It's about something Bran can't do
>World Leader Pretend
"I raised the wall and I will be the one to knock it down" Bran is Bran the Builder AND The Night's King
>The Wrong Child
"A late long march into spring, I sit and watch the children" this one is obvious, Bran surviving the winter, sitting because he is a cripple and seeing the children of the forest at Bloodraven's house
>Turn you Inside Out
"I believe in watching you" a reference to the weirwood
"Divide your cultured pearls and paste" a reference to Jojen paste

There is more too but I am running out of time. Is this album Bran's album?

he didn't

because he's a retarded faggot

Fuck off you filthy secondary.

hey lads, when does TWoW come out?

thanks

Interesting connections but bran is not the night's king

>because D&D are retarded faggots

Next year.

when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east

Jaqenposter here

While I didn't post for a few days and mostly just reading/lurking the thread, I'm trying to change. Too bad a nobody is noticing it, instead they accuse when someone is posting bullshit or nonsense.

Also people calling me Jaqensperg isn't really helping nor does it motivates me to change while I trying to do my best.

Remember I don't always post about Jaqen, i also post about Beric, Stannis, Euron, Roose, ect.

Barristan Selmy's death was fine tbqh. It was all the Unsullied getting btfo before him that annoyed me.

>t. a angry autistic poltard pedo faggot

>when dany's womb quickens
>her womb works again

does this mean TWoW soon?

Captain Maario Naharis

No, it wasn't. He was the best sword fighter but got killed by a bunch of nobodies with daggers and had to get rescued by Greyworm. That's a pretty shitty death for a good character.

And to make it worse he got a shitty death before his character got to really come out and do important things (I feel for the actor) just so stupid Tyrion could "reasonably" come into importance.

He had six or seven people going for him at once, it doesn't matter that he's the best swordsman in the land, nor does it matter that they were random rich dudes and not soldiers.

>normiefag meme

no one who isn't a pleb normie gives a fuck about spoilers

Idk why but I always laugh at these. Have all the people who posted funny memes (cringe but there were some funny ones) left /got/?

rape

Yes user rape and sex.
Also face-changing sex

D&D are the true retards

Barristan could have taken the five other members of Joffrey's kingsguard by himself. Syrio Forell, a lesser swordsman, took on several lannister guardsmen with a wooden sword. Barristan should have been able to handle a group of poorly armed amateurs in his sleep. He only died because Tyrion needed something to do in Meereen.

>Howland Reed
>Azor Ahai
>Office chat

Normies don't recognize those terms

slave soldiers #278, #1971, #47 and $881 getting rekt while fighting out of their element (not in a phalanx formation, not expecting the fight) annoys you, but a living legend dying against peasants is fine?

>b-but selmy had no armor!
He had no armor when he BTFO a bunch of goldcloaks when he left KL either. And while goldcloaks aren't knights, they sure as fuck are better than random noblemen with knives. They were armed&armored at least.

Anyway it's not just his death, it's the big picture. They didn't give him ONE impressive feat of battle. He just hung around Dany for 4 years, then they killed him off.

But look at Brienne ( an average/OK fighter in the books )... They're going out of their way to make her BTFO people.

Fighting 1v3 (stark men), then beating the hound 1v1, then beating fully armored knights of the vale, then executing stannis...
None of this happens in the books.
Why do they write FOUR oc battle scene to make Brienne look good, and then they just kill Selmy in an alley against peasants?

They write 4 oc scenes to make a whatever fighter look amazing, but can't even do 1 for Selmy, one of the greatest fighters of all time?

To be fair, if David and Dan had decided they wanted Barristan to be OP, they would have included a goofy dual wielding scene. Maybe this is for the best.

Gotta have gurrrl power moments

Are you ready for the moment Sansa outwits Littlefinger?

Found you..stop saying the stupid phrase I made up!!!

First for Varys in the last scene.

You didn't make up ___ a cute

Bran is a cute and you can't stop me from saying it

heh. well it's part "gurrrl" moment, but it's also just making all the characters they like look better, and all the characters they hate looks like shit.

If you were to ask showfags who didn't read the books to rank fighters from best to worst, using only the show (all they know about), Jon Snow, Brienne, Sandor, Gregor CLegane, Oberyn, would all be ahead of Selmy.

Some might add some names like Daario, Yara, Greyworm, etc.. as well, because Selmy didn't win any fight. He fought only once and lost. Sure the odds were there, but other characters faced tough odds and won.

Selmy doesn't even look like an elite fighter.
Sure in real life killing 6-7 guys with knives before dying would be quite impressive... But not in a television series were ok fighters win 1v3 constantly against armored opponents, and mostly don't die after that (so they could potentially kill even more ).

They just didn't like Selmy, and it shows.
It's just like the Eddard/Jaime fight.
Ok the fight was entertaining to watch, but why the fuck is Eddard holding his own against Jaime? Because they liked him.
And if they like him he's a great fighter, therE's no other way around.

This is the only comfort I have about that whole debacle.

It should be said though that the show actually managed to make LF even more retarded than Sansa is, so you can't say they weren't setting up for this very stupid future plotline.

ask the average showfag who would win in a fight. jon or barristan? the fact that they'd all say jon tells you all you need to know about the show's portrayal of his abilities.

>Barristan could have taken the five other members of Joffrey's kingsguard by himself
Nah, he would have lost.
>Syrio Forell, a lesser swordsman, took on several lannister guardsmen with a wooden sword
DED.

You're very right overall, the show does have their favorites, but the first season did make Selmy out to be an amazing fighter, both Ned and Jaime sang his praises very prominently and they later had everyone at court acknowledge that he could take down all the KG himself. It was only later that they seemed to dislike him because they realized fans didn't give a shit about him.

And in defense of the Jaime/Ned fight Jaime wanted him alive, it seemed like he was just fucking with Ned a little.

Jon WOULD win because he has plot armour. Don't need to be a showfag to see that.

>Jon gets stabbed a bunch
>Survived
>Barristan gets stabbed a bunch
>Permanently dead

Can't argue with that

>the first season did make Selmy out to be an amazing fighter, both Ned and Jaime sang his praises very prominently and they later had everyone at court acknowledge that he could take down all the KG himself. It was only later that they seemed to dislike him because they realized fans didn't give a shit about him.

First rule of television is show, don't tell.
I doubt showfags would've cared much about him anyway because he doesn't fit the profile (you have to be a girl, young or a midget to be popular)... But they didn't try all that hard to make him popular.
If they followed the story/tried a bit, he could've fought in every season or close.
S1 : Fighting the goldcloaks to escape KL
S2/3 : Fighting Mero (or anyone attacking Dany, given that they had Daario kill Mero on the show)
Then he could take part in the attack of the sewer instead of drinking wine with Dany and telling her he doesn't know how long an attack takes... and they could've made him look best of all fighters.
After all taht, if they have him die against 10 guy in an alley, at least it's the death of a great knight, a PROVEn great knight. Not some old guy dying in his first battle (on screen).

desu if they wanted to kill him there, I would've him die against Drogon. In the books he taunts Drogon when it goes mad and even threaten Dany... I would've had the same, only he dies for it

It would've been some kind of deviation from the common trope, a knight saving a princess from a dragon...
Only the princess is a queen but only in name, the dragon is her own, and the knight dies to save her.

This would've been better than dying like a dog in an alley.
All in all, they could've made people like him more. Not a top favorite of course, but better. I'm sure most showfags cared 10 times more about Greyworm than Barristan... And that's on D&D making him shit/unlikable. Pretty sure it's the other way around for bookfags.

Fff...y-you too

upvoted

Ned was popular tho.

>letting freeniggers south of the Wall
Jon is a cuck.

some rapefugee shitskin character shipper calling someone an "angry autist" , that's nice. stop wasting your welfare

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

I'm going to be completely honest, /got/ I miss their scenes together.

How far do you think Daenerys will get? I think she will try to go for King's Landing but either get stopped or change her mind (Davos and Varys in the play here perhaps) and go north to the wall.

even if she does, she'll come back after she kill all the others in a 1v1000 combat, and take KL.

I think by the time the season ends she'll be in Harrenhall or Dragonstone.

May this sextuple tell us the truth about Azor Ahai

I miss when Littlefinger was an actual character and not a prop that d&d exclusively use as their mouthpiece to tell everyone how Sandra is their favorite character over and over again.

Stop responding to the pasta

Batman is Azor and Robin is Ahai.

looks like we won't crown anyone today.

>tfw /got/ used to get the Gets but now it's too dead

LF has been a tool to demonstrate how smart other characters are since season 2. The writers really threw away the whole thing where he's meant to present himself as a benign entity.

I've been away from /got/ for a while....when did salsa become sandra?

When lolibear called her that while "slutshaming" her

/got/ pls post reaction photos

Ten for the price of one.

Good God. Soon

S O O N

And some close ups would be nice.

Does anyone have Ros?

No one should be using their lips that much while acting.

She's seriously the worst.

Killing off Selmy was ridiculous, but its not like he couldn't die in such situation hypothetically. Better men were killed in ambushes and when outnumbered, even in history.

She's a stage actress who never dropped her training for over expressive face

*varys turns to the camera*

"ahh truly it was a game of thrones"

It's not the most unrealistic of deaths, I think people just react to how humiliating it was for someone like him, and the fact that he died before he really came into his own as a character the way he did in the books. The Barristan chapters were some of the best and we never got to see any of that side of him in the show.

No she's not. She's not been in enough theatre so be categorized as "stage actor".
And she sucks on the stage too.

>GOAT swordsman killed by dagger wielding aristocrats and peasants
not to mention the fact that they did it just to avoid paying him.

You all understand that right. They killed off a character to save on budget. that is GoT for you, thats the """""quality"""""" of showrunners we are dealing with here.

shit character, shit acting

but very a cute CUTE

What is that?

I think he will be around til the end. If he gets killed off I will never get over it.

She was perfect in season 1-2 because she was younger, thinner, more fair. Had that Targaryen vibe. I think she just got older and relaxed, same as Cersei whose acting got worse

Will Euron and Jamie survive this season bros? :(

That's where she got her start and she never grew out if it, nor has she had to

Cersei is fine, she's just having fun with this ridiculous show.

Plenty of theatre actors don't do that shit. It's no excuse. She's bad.

IMO the Ned/Jaime fight is a bad example here because it actually makes sense in-story. They had a rivalry which had to have a climactic moment plus Jaime was clearly testing Ned's abilities. Unlike the Selmy death or Stannis' defeat which were just lazy writing

If she somehow stayed a young girl (impossible for the show) her erratic decisions would make more sense. I find her character in the books more intriguing in a way. She's this savage princess with unlimited power and built reputation getting paranoid, dreaming big and being naive. Surrounded with the people who are trying to either take advantage of her or advise her to do better. All this is happening in constantly changing oriental world where human lives are worthless and its richer are waiting to be seized by someone more powerful. She's like a God in this world and her stupid whims destroy cities and cause big conflicts. This entire mess is threatening to infect Westeros and that's what makes it interesting, she by no means is a good ruler and this wasn't intention of the author. She's more like a force of nature and very unpredictable. In the show, they almost make her seem like a confident overly independent female politician. But Daenerys is also lazy, horny, superstitious and wilful

Hoe many are bongland actors who never grew out of it?