So, we all know Marvel Nower is going to be shit. But you know what would make it less shit...

So, we all know Marvel Nower is going to be shit. But you know what would make it less shit? For Slapstick to finally get an ongoing.

As long as he gets a decent writer.

>inb4 marvel has no decent writers

Not just a decent writer. Look at how good the OP art is and compare it how drab here is here. Slapstick needs someone that can manage to him look cartoonishly out of place, his whole thing is that he's akin to a living cartoon.

That's right Slapstick should never blend in. If he's in a crowd, you should be able to go: "What the fuck is that"

Not with the current direction that completely misses the point of the character. Right now he's desperately trying to fill niches that are already filled by other characters. He wants to be Deadpool when several Deadpool's already exist, he wants to be Joker when the monster clown archetype is the most cliche thing ever because of Joker, he wants to be "funny guy with a lot of pent up angst" when Speedball is right next to him. Trust me, I'd love an ongoing Slapstick comic more than anything, but he needs a writer that's willing to just make a lighthearted comic book for him.

Ha, newsrana just announced a solo ongoing, still no slapstick ongoing.

>guy can emulate Toon Physics and can lead to a lot of comedic possibilities
>lol lets make him edgy and have him kill people!

Words cannot describe how much I hate those unoriginal hacks at Marvel.

Isn't that basically just the Mask?

Yes, and that's exactly why I hate them. It's the most hackneyed attempt at being "clever" imaginable when the mask did it decades ago and did it better. No one ever tries to look into the possibilities of a genuine cartoon character as a superhero akin to Captain Carrot, they always go for the edge factor, which is awful because Slapstick was literally created to rebel against the edgy bullshit of 90's-modern comics. He's an ironic joke now, and not even a good one.

I'm getting kinda sick of "ironic" shit.

>tfw he is getting an ongoing and I know who the writer is
Not telling you fuckers who though.

Well I'm sure it'll get announced within the next week, so we'll survive.

The original Slapstick miniseries was brilliant because it was an ridiculously goofy parody of superheros; we had a Punisher parody who hunted mutants because the X-Men interrupted his favorite soap opera. Slapstick got his powers by a clown scientist from Dimension X.

This guy looks like the most cringest character ever. Why on earth would you want him back? the 90's loony tune carton comic is done and it wasn't that funny to begin with. Why would you want to bring back forced 4th wall breaking anvil on head humor?

Superheroes just aren't an inherently serious genre. The original Slapstick took the piss out of edgyness without being too obnoxious about it.

It's popular right now. Why do you think Deadpool sells so well?

Same, it got old really fast.

No, Deadpool is popular right now. Everyone's just trying to hop on the gravy train without realizing what made Deadpool popular in the first place.

>without realizing what made Deadpool popular in the first place
Memes?

>We will never have MvC4 with a playable slapstick

I meant more along the lines of saturation in other media. That's how most, if not all capes make it big, they have a tv show/video game/ movie that's well received and their popularity snowballs from there. The movie was great at making a good formula for Deadpool, and people like that. But the Big 2 is trying their best to shove that onto their other characters without realizing that it simply won't work for anyone outside Deadpool. If they want their obscure characters to work, they need to take more risks and allow their more obscure characters to star in other media, not ride the coattails of already established heroes.

It baffles me because I though Marvel actually understood that with the MCU. I guess the only reason they even did that was because they were forced to due to not having Spider-Man and X-Men to milk dry.

Are you sure you'd want that?

Obviously Deodatto isn't going to be the artist on Slapstick's solo. In fact, I don't think he's doing any of these books since the ones he was most likely for were the two Iron Man books, and those are being done by Caselli and Maleev.

Though Deodatto will probably take over both after the first arc. Thanks Poser.

Whoever the artist would be, it shows what kind of character Marvel imagines Slapstick to be: some kind of creepy, slightly clownish guy with a giant mallet. He looks like a 90s version of himself, ironically.

Can someone please story time this. I kinda want to read it.

Why can't you storytime it?

I don't own a copy to

it hurts

>Slapstick literally became what he was parodying to begin with

There's no hope for this world.