Why do people still to this day think Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and Zootopia are Pixar movies?

Why do people still to this day think Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and Zootopia are Pixar movies?

Disney is still associated with traditional animation.

i honestly don't know why
my best guess is because we're so used to thinking disney of their 90's traditional 2D movies that we forget not everything relating to CGI and Disney is not apart of Pixar

I personally have a hard time remembering Wreck It Ralph is Disney, for some reason I keep thinking Dreamworks or someone else and I don't know why.

Never met anyone who thinks this.

Because for the longest time EVERY cgi Disney movie was Pixar, and some of them still are.

Do they not think Big Hero Six is a Pixar movie?

Fuck, I don't know if it is.
I can't remember any of their little nods to other works, so I'll say it wasn't?

Because they don't actually give a shit. My Spanish teacher called Rio a Disney movie.

At some point, Pixar was synonymous with "High quality 3D computer generated animated films" and so anything that fit that definition was "Pixar." The dichotomy probably sprung up among kids in the 90s, when Disney was 2D and Pixar was 3D and there was no intermingling. 3D = Pixar in their minds because that's just how it was when they were growing up.

You also see it with older generations but they're even more general: Anything that's animated is Disney, regardless of the actual production company or even if it fits the "Disney mold." Animated = Disney, because again, that's just how it was when they were young.

Because not everyone cares as much about cartoons as you do loser

>hurr noone watches cartoons faggot
>posts on Sup Forums

Disney gutted Pixar for their animators and Lasertire heads both companies

he talks about normal people with social lifes that go outisde once in a while

Pixar essentially WAS CG animation for like a good 10 years. That's an entire generation right there.

I don't like to bring up TV tropes, but they have a thing called "All animation is Disney", well some think "All CG is Pixar"

The same reason why they think Don Bluth's work is Disney

Better question is why does it matter?
A friend once told me his favorite Pixar movie is Shrek.
Another friend once told me she was disappointed that FX didn't play The Dark Knight when they were marathoning the MCU.
And another told me that Marvel could never have a fighting game like Injustice because "too many Marvel heroes have technology based powers", I still haven't figured out what the fuck they meant by this.

Everyone had their own thoughts and opinions and some of them just happen to be dumb.
It's whatever.

Pixar is Pixar. WDAS is Disney. Disney owns both. Disney is the parent company, PIXAR and WDAS are their properties. Theyre not the same companies though.

WDAS couldnt edge out PIXAR. So Disney bought PIXAR and put Lasseter at the head of both. PIXAR has its own studio in its own location. They share resources, to a point, but theyre still separate companies with thier own creative philosopies.

Its confusing, but thats what it is.

Probably the only one that's closest to a Pixar movie is Wreck it Ralph. Then again most people think all CGI animated movies are Pixar and all 2D are by Disney. I'm sure most of us here who have watched most of them can tell what studio made what just by watching them.

>Everyone had their own thoughts and opinions and some of them just happen to be dumb.
those aren't opinions dipshit they just don't know what the fuck they're taking about

I just remember it this way; Pixar is the wife and WDAS is the husband.

>some people think all dreamworks movies are pixar
>some people also like dreamworks movies

Those aren't opinions, they're thoughts.
Which is why I said "thoughts".
Lrn2read, brah.

i keep forgetting that one exists..

guess it was fine but Ralph was a perfect film and its hard to follow that.

how this it feel being a shill?

>thoughts and opinions
>thoughts and opinions
>thoughts and opinions

pretty rough man..
was at a friend's house and she was showing her kids Bee Movie on loop. god damn it was annoying. Every character is constantly yelling.. wtf is up with dreamworks thinking foppish slapstick where everyone is yelliing is funny.

>I watched half of a DW movie so I know all of them are bad
fuck off

name one good DW movie released in the last ten years that isnt HTTYD

Because most people don't think Disney does CGI films, on 2D animated ones.

nah ive seen most of them.
Dude why are you defending dreamworks? its well known they just produce shit.. Ethnic stereotype comedians basically voicing themselves, cheap animation, long establishing shots with random and ill placed dance songs one it, nothing deep or lasting.. And a mix of crude potty humor, whacky kids shit where people are just yelling and slapstick, and overtly sexual jokes for adults intermeshed..

Seriously name a dreamworks movie thats on par or better than wreck it ralph or wall e.. even pixar's worst is better than dreamworks best and im not fanboying cuz i do try to enjoy everything out there.

Yeah, it's like how all systems seem to be Nintendos to old people.

Because Disney owns Pixar and their logo is at the beginning lol

The same reason why they think Despicable Me, Rio and Anastasia are Dreamworks movies.

No one cares to read who or what really made it unless it's for trivia.

The same reason why adhesive bandages are called "band-aids" regardless of brand.
Or why paper tissues are called "kleenex" regardless of brand.
Or why sandwich cookies are called "oreos" regardless of brand.

Plampxar has embedded itself in the public consciousness so that every CGI movie that isn't Shrektastic and therefore clearly made by Dreamworks, is "clearly" made by them.