Why cartoons in nowadays don't teach kids anything...

Why cartoons in nowadays don't teach kids anything? Back in the old days cartoons were very informative and tech kids how to do shit and save life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4OPr_QxoFg
youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because educational material can't come from GED dropouts.

Now cartoons teach kids about "Feelings".

Because those lessons were hamfisted as fuck and nobody took them seriously. The only reason they existed was because of a requirement for shows to be partially educational.

Missing them is the most nostalgiatard thing you can do. Parodies of them are more memorable.

SU teached me even a fat faggot can get to live with a bunch of thirsty lesbians
and I love it

Waaaah modern cartoons don't spell out the message at the end of the show. Now I have to think about what I watch to learn something instead of just being told.

Yeah, the hamfisted messages which made a fucking 6 year old roll his eyes are really missed.

Cartoons kept me off drugs and drinking.

Why you gotta be so passive agressive bro? Sup Forums is love, not rudeness.

Something about the Carter presidency years and having things be educational.

Then the Reagan years where everything was about selling toys.

Who wants a body massage?

Or autism, wasn't there an early season adventure time where Finn and Jake meet a big green monster with Aspberger's and they try to make him behave?

youtube.com/watch?v=N4OPr_QxoFg

What did kids learn from this?

youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE those were the days

I'm pretty sure Donnie was just an asshole

because cartoons are made for broke-brained emotional failures, by broke-brained emotional failures.

thus, saying 'kids, drugs are bad for you, don't do them' doesn't quite work when you have worldbuilding work into your overarching Let's Go Find OP Some Dicks To Suck season arc. i mean, let's be honest. talking animals in a magical-realism world are one thing, but saying 'tell a parent if someone does something to you that you find uncomfortable' just isn't realistic

>we live in an era where American AAA games will be a better history teacher than American animations.
The chances we will ever get a hysteria or time squad ever again are too slim now.

I really liked how ugly americans did the voice over wrap up at the end

>WW1 game that doesn't even have the French and heavily involves the US
>teaches history
?

>battlefield 1
>historically accurate
I don't think so user

They learned to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.