What is your ideal superpower? Would you be a hero, villain or civilian if you had your ideal superpower...

What is your ideal superpower? Would you be a hero, villain or civilian if you had your ideal superpower? Would you wear a costume and if so, what type?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Insert_Presence
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Power
Telekinesis and plenty of it. It's so versatile it can cover most other bases you'd want, flight super strength, invulnerability, power blasts, etc.

>Costume
Pic related would do me fine. I'd add a cape though.

>Hero or Villain?
Hero.

I get a kick out of this pretty dank power that I thought up.

"The ability to send my memories backwards in time"

This isn't future vision, and it isn't time travel. Here's the more specifics of the rules
>The memories I send back can be sent back to any time, but the memories are only of what I was able to witness from my perspective
>If I am killed instantly (bullet through the head) my powers can't save me
>When I send my memories backwards, I don't jump to that time. It just gives the memories to me from earlier to influence my decision. In other words, there is one "me" that goes through life once, linearly, while receiving memories from future me's who sent back memories as warnings. My consciousness jumps between all of these mes.
>I can't jump forwards. So if I go back 4 years, I have to re-do all of the shit I've already done for 4 years. So the power rewards fixing immediate mistakes as opposed to old ones

It's not a very good combative power. Anyone with superhuman powers can stomp me because I'm still only human and sometimes it doesn't matter what I do-- someone that can blow up planets will still beat me no matter how I try to avoid that fate.

It's a hella good support power though. My hero gets killed? I go back and tell him how he died, he avoids that decision. Repeat ad nauseum, trial and error style until he wins.

Empathic mimicry just like my hero Peter Petrelli

I'd rather be a villain because I'd prefer to run things my own way and like all true master Super Villains know that my way would actually make this world healthier, make everything run smoothly and would be a paradise. And everyone who doesn't think so would get teleported to Mercury, I'd make it just habitable inside the core about 10KMs under the surface, with constant temp control via solar power, natch.

I'd pick technopathy. I wouldn't need specific power sets like invulnerability or power blasts; I'd be able to operate from say a moon base and since I would control the global grid and the world's technology, no one could even touch me without my say so.

Sounds like it might make your life a living hell.

It sounds awesome at first, but when you have easy time travel, when you can fix your mistakes with a quick rewind...

How do you ever stop? Won't there always be that nagging feeling that you could have done better? Yes, you fixed the problem and averted a bad outcome, but surely you can do BETTER...

>Power
Time manipulation for 12 Seconds, Backwards, Forwards, Slow, and pause. Each altered second takes one second to recharge.

>Costume
Similar to pic related but with an oval clock logo on the chest, the left and right arm would have an hour and minute hand design respectively, and the sword would be replaced with a lard grandather clock's pendulum

>Hero or Villain?
Hero.

That's why I picked the power.

It's got it's advantages, but it's got hella weaknesses, and could easily fuck with the bearer. Great for story imo.

I don't even need to list off the ways this power could ruin one's sanity. Use your imagination.

And yeah, Stein's Gate is a good example

Freedom.

An ability to free both myself and others from virtually anything.
Free someone form his wounds/illness.
Free myself from being influenced by opponents powers.
Free the Big Bad from his life.

The catch? Two of them.
1)Freedom of one ends where the freedom of other begins.
2)One who robs others of their freedom, does not deserve to be free himself.

Basically, as long as it only concerns me and nobody else, I can do whatever I want with my power.
I cannot do anything that would obstruct others freedom.
If someone imposes his will onto someone else, he looses his freedom privileges, meaning that rule1 does not protect him anymore and I can work.

I would mainly gravitate towards places with serious lack of freedom and go at it there. Slave trade, dictators, blackmail, mainly stuff like that, but also generally doing nice things to others wherever I go.

You might want to read up on the power of Tsukishima, a minor Bleach villain:
bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Insert_Presence

Psychokinesis, because when it's done at about the mid-level power range it looks fucking cool and has a fair amount of versatility without being overpowered.
Costume-wise I would go with a space-age jumpsuit with a cool dome helmet to signify mind powers.

Save and load. Every time I'm unconscious (Like sleeping, knocked out, coma or even dead I'm given the option to save the state or load the last state. As a hero I would have to live trying to balance the desire to save all while lacking any other super power besides being allowed to try over and over again without growing too distant of reality and sanity as if I spend too many times repeating the same day making like things that happened yesterday feels like they were a year ago. Or finding out that something could have avoided in the past but the save was overwritten a long time ago.

>If someone imposes his will onto someone else, he looses his freedom privileges, meaning that rule1 does not protect him anymore and I can work.
So basically everyone.

>You die
>Accidentally save over your only save file

>Its an 'everyone picks telekinesis' episode
Guilty as charged

Transformation
Pervert
NUTHIN AT ALL

I wouldn't do that if I were you

Some kind of somewhat visible telekinesis, like, its use has some sort of aura. You could fly, shield, blast. Lets you do just about anything.
No costume. Don't want to give away my powered status.
I'd think of myself as a hero, but what I view as doing good, others may not. I just know I'd try my best, though.

Villain for me. As for power - to posses people. That way I can cheat death AND cause major havoc.

I'd just have plastic man's power set and use it to all the most nightmarish and unsettling extents people have imagined for him. I'd use it to be a hero technically but no one would have any idea that the force behind all these horrific acts was natural, least of all human.

I'd start off with large scale and ludicrous destruction of something unambiguously evil like NK's government or an ISIS stronghold.

Imagine waking up tomorrow and the front page headline is about a giant inflatable ape rampaging through Pyongyang.

No one would ever be evil again.

Pretty cool power. You should also add; the ability to make make multiple different saves, and the ability to start anew (go back to the point where you were born.)

>Invulnerability, Enhanced Strength and Flight.
I'd Be a Hero, but do some quiet thievery on the side.
I'd Wear Some Tacticool Bullshit for optimal efficiency, But have it all in White/Grey/Silver.

Ability to copy myself like Jamie Madrox. I'd totally be a civilian. I'd get so much more art done.

>power
Magic
>alignment
Villian
>costume
Not full blown superhero costume, but something unusual and flashy.

Could I take destruction?
Nobody's taking that right?

Not edgy or anything, I just like the idea of using selective destruction to beat something.

>What is your ideal superpower?

Power armor in vain of Heavyarms Katoki, materializes like Kamen Rider or Power Ranger suits. Same loadout as the actual Heavyarms but power armor-sized.

>Would you be a hero, villain or civilian if you had your ideal superpower?

None of the above. Live out my dreams as an ultra edgy gun for hire.

>Would you wear a costume and if so, what type?

Power armor is the costume.

Its not permanent thing tho.
Its not like if you made someone do something when you were a kid makes you loose your freedom for the rest of your life.
You loose your freedom for as long as you're taking freedom from others. The moment you stop, you're free again.

Obviously, with some mental gymnastics I still could do some shady things, but that would be stretching it and could easily backfire in some way.

That's the thing, I can do anything to anyone and as long as I don't save I can go back and redo things to avoid consequences but the more I abuse the power the more I lose track of time as all days are the same and bigger are the chances of making a mistake causing events to be locked as they were saved permanently. So for a story there is the guilty of dooming someone by accident when you could have saved him/her, Doing something terrible just to vent with the intention of erasing it but saving it by accident, or repeat the same day over and over again until you find a way to fix everything you wanted but after saving you remember that part of the fixes were done in the last run and thus were not done in this save with possible catastrophic consequences.

It is a power that you will want to use over and over again until you get things right but the more you use the higher the chances of making a severe fuck up permanent.

The ability to rebel
Be it concepts or even fate if my willpower is strong enough I can rebel against it.
My ultimate ability is treason I can betray something and deny even it's origin and history.
I would most likely wear something like a face mask and casual clothes like a hoodie so I can easily slip in and out of areas.
I would be an up beat hero who tries his best to help victims of abuse on issues such as sex trafficking and other forms where innocents are targeted.
I would use my power to erase what happened to them and give them a new start on life. My powers have a radius and the more targets involved and the more complex the action the more it drains out of me. Not only that individuals with high willpower have resistance to my powers as long as they can maintain that willpower.

I mean no disrespect for your taste in attire, but wouldn't you being invulnerable kinda make having tacticool body-armor redundant? You can't get hurt so I don't see the point. Wouldn't something simple yet striking be better?

Them it would make it too powerful as one of the points of the story is understanding that you can't fix everything and trying to balance what you fix and what you have to let got or the OCD will consume you and eventually making you do severe mistakes.

I had an idea for something very similar.
Being able to send a message to myself up to ten seconds in the past. This message can only be two words long and only takes the form of a very strong thought.

But if I had my choice of power it would probably be intangibility. I'm a welder and regularly have to squeeze into tight spots.

I'd Still Feel it, The armor cushions the blows, but it would help with flight and strength more.
>Jets To help with flight
>Knucks For Optimal Punching Capacity

Nakedman can break a blade with his dick and deflect bullets with his balls!
Nakedman can pierce steel with his diamond hard nipples!
Nakedman will crush his foes with his indestructible buttcheeks!

Absoloute shapechanging powers on molecular level.

I would mostly use it for Beast Boy like stuff and also plant stuff but theoretically I could mimic all your powers once I have a sample of your DNA.

It would be pretty chill to be almost absoloute in power but not using it most of the time.

I guess I would be neither hero nor villian. I keep myself out of most conflicts and only act when I feel like it but do good with it.
But maybe enviornment terrorism would be something I would do

Shapeshifting on par with the T-1000, minus the inability to produce complex machines. I would use these powers in selfish and/or dickish ways, but I wouldn't go out of my way to cause harm.

Summoning skeletons to aid in battle.

How is this practically different from future vision?

Darkness manipulation. Being able to travel through and make constructs with shadows. Essentially The Shade from Starman. I would be a citizen, the most expensive private investigator on earth.

>Intangibility
What I always wondered, is that when you are intangible, put your hand throu the wall and turn ingangibility off, would your hand displace wall making a hole in it, or would thw wall displace hand, cutting it off?

Would having my consciousness placed in a swarm of self-replicating nanites be considered a super power? Because I'd go with that. And technopathy. Shape changing, intangibility, ability to produce whatever weapons I need, and the ability to interface with any other machines.

I don't know if I'd be a hero, but I know I'd be against corruption.

And my costume could be literally anything.

Is the ability to be happy a superpower?

test

I'd just want One-Punch Man's power set.
I'd want to be a superhero's best friend. I probably wouldn't fight much unless it was a really big monster or if it was close by. Ideally I'd reveal my powers to my friend out of nowhere.
I'd just wear everyday stuff, maybe I'd commission a costume if people bothered remembering me then just wear that most of the time.

>Invulnerability+super speed
Body slam everything! Oh yeah!

and maybe flight but super speed can give flight with enough bulshit.

Materialization or flight

Civilian, but mercenary while still willing to follow a moral code

Costume would be something practical like leather armor - really most motorcycle gear would probably cover it

Speed, hero. I'd honestly wear Reverse Flash's costume though

DNA can't copy magic/supernatural/technology

I think about that as well, for fantasies sake I run on comic logic. Nice and intuitive.
Applying real life logic to it ruins a lot of the fun.
>wouldn't you fall through the ground to the centre of Earth?
>wouldn't all the food you ate fall out or even your body fluids?
>If you used it to avoid being hit by a car would the heat of the engine still cook your insides?

>self-replicating nanites.
It's that like the power jackpot?
I mean if you pretty much are nanites then there isn't much you couldn't do.

Esxpeically if you can make a body out of them.
All you'd have to do is send a few out at a time and you win at basically everything.

Purple Man's powers. I'd be the best weight loss advisor ever.

D4C's powers.

I was going to go with the power to SHIFT, but I think too hard about the morality of alternate timelines and swapping places with those people. The fact that D4C uses timelines that are simply "Branches" of our "Root" timeline fixes that easily, and opens up multiple possibilities.

I'd probably stick to civilian with the occasional use of my powers for monetary gain. I'm not clever enough to fight other Stand users.

Maybe there'd be a limit on how much I can consciously control/keep going. Like I couldn't go beyond a certain mass. That way it feels more balanced.

Turning hair on my body into spines and launching them at my enemies.
I'd probably be a hero
Super hero name would either be cactus or pincushion

Future vision doesn't require you to have been to the event to know it's coming.
If a truck is going to hit me when I cross the street, future vision allows me to avoid it entirely. My memory power makes me have to get hit by the truck before I can avoid it.

This forms a big difference:
Say I am about to be suddenly shot in the head.
Future vision allows me to see it coming, and avoid it.

Memory transfer means I have to experience it first. So I get shot in the head, and die instantly. I can't send my powers back now, so it's game over.

Also, as a minor thing, future vision works by foreseeing events that haven't happened. Which hits the mind a lot less than remembering something that happened to you. Memory transfer is more likely to give you PTSD than future vision because you vividly remember it happening to you as reality, not as a premonition.

The ability to turn into an invulnerable, but immobile statue at will. Use it during hand-to-hand combat to break your enemy's hands. Hold them down in unbreakable grapples. Jump from high places to do serious damage. Pairs great with a super strength teammate. I'd probably have to use guns and explosives to compensate for the lack of offense.

It's not a very villainous power. I'd dress like one of those human statue street performers.

Probably Crawler's power set from worm the web serial

>Can regenerate fast
>All body parts regrow back adapted slightly with new natural defences or bio-augmentations
>adaptions stack over time. For crawler this resulted in a body like pic related

spooky

Is it really worth turning into a doomsday-esque abomination? You'd be even uglier than The Thing

Yeah but every psychic power, shit like superman, etc.

>Powers
Telekinesis would be pretty cool, even if depowered (like, moving heavy objects is more difficult). I would go around with lots of needles and small blades, and I'd train to trow them and to rapidly orbitate around me when I want to make a shield. Also some rapid effect poison/drug in little bottles would be useful to paralize or kill, if my powers were accurate enough to push them into the enemy mouth or nose.
I think like I'd mostly be a civilian, but I could sometimes fight regular criminals or small villains if I think that I could somehow make the difference.
>Costume
Since I'd be a small metropolitan kind of hero, I suppose I'd need something practical that I can hide everywhere. Probably an anonymous, adherent black suit would be perfect, but I' also carry a mask with me. I'd keep my projectiles attached to the suit using my power, altough maybe a belt and some belt loop would be more practical in case I get knocked out or disracted.
Maybe these could form patterns over my suit when I'm not using them, to make it more interesting.

Had This Hero Name ever Since I was A Kid.
Jet-Man

basically Animal Man. but plus plants and taking everyone's extras. too overpowered I think

Ok, my thoughts?

You wouldn't fall to the center of the earth, if intangibility is like ghosting, allowing you also to move freely in all directions.

Everything inside of you goes intangible when you do, no falling out food/feces/bodily fluids.
But clothes fall right off you when you do it, making you an insta-stipper. Awkward.

If you go into bullshit explanation that your intangibility comes from you shifting into some kind of parallel dimension/plane, that would make you impervious to any force exerted in this plane.

Also, after thinking about it, I come to conclusion about wall&hand dilemma.
Denser displaces less dense.
Hand throu metal sheet? No hand.
Hand throu sponge? Hole in sponge.

As I said I would never use all that power. Just dicking around while Superhero leagues fight international crime syndicates.
They fight heroicly, struggle, make sacrefices, grow with their deeds. I'll be there dicking around

Based On Fighter Pilots,Especially the Helmet.

I don't really mind, the body is a tool for our use.
I like the idea of slowly improving by throwing myself into danger and getting injured. I don't know maybe im just weird

what happens if you stick your arm through someone's torso?

yfw

Flash levels of speed, along with the ability to detect others in immediate danger. Maybe Super strength.

I would basically run around the world, saving anyone when i can, only being thought of as a miracle. I'd seriously jump at the chance to save lives, especially when it comes to all these idiots shooting up places, Isis, all the murders and such.

As far as the costume, i would wear one, but if noone can see you, then there's really no reason to.

Xavier level telepathy

I'd get to mind control people into giving me stuff and then forget about it. I'd target those people who'd barely notice it though.

I'd also mind control girls (very young girls) into having sex with me.

Would I be a supervillain? I would not hurt anyone, what I would do to those girls is rape but there is no legislation for mind powers. They would all be consenting and would come to no emotional or physical harm. But since would call me a pedo for fucking 14 year old girls I'd probably use my mind powers to cover the fact if needed - that is probably villainous.

I'd go with the ability to Fly, Swim, and Teleport to any location while being impervious to any physical dangers. Things like drowning falling or otherwise miscalculating a teleportation. But also bullets and running into a plane or a building or a persons fist. I can still be hit by mind related things giving me a sort of magical vulnerability. And the swimming would be akin to the capabilities of a sailfish and the like. It'd be sorta lame if I could jet through the air and teleport but still swim slow AF?

I'd be a hero which is the point of the "invulnerability to dangers physical" as I don't have much of an attack based power set. Mobility and defense is the whole point. Plus if a telepathic or some shit comes along I'd still be pretty fucked. I'd probably wear my normal getup because I like the concept an outwardly mundane appearance.

>What is your ideal superpower?
Mediagraphic transportation. Aka, traveling to fictional worlds. It gives me access to anything I want, without the inevitable boredom that always comes with omnipotence. Plus I'd feel my accomplishments were more my own since it would rely on my own obscure superpower knowledge.
>Would you be a hero, villain or civilian
Hero definitely. I'd start off just exploring other worlds but I'd eventually come back and be a superhero for earth once I had enough stuff/powers to never worry about danger.
>costume
Not while out in other worlds really, just normal clothes or whatever set of armor I'd collected that's most useful for the situation. Back on earth I'd go full costume, mostly because I'll be wearing one of the suits from Kaman Rider Kabuto. Though I might even start using different powers in different outfits to give the illusion of multiple superheroes going around

It comes down to whose flesh&bone is denser.
So, either no-arm/hole-in-the-chest when one os definitely denser than the other, or, density is so similar that random molecules of the torso and arm replaces themselves, effectively fusing those two parts together.

>Want to kill somebody, kamikaze style
>Go intangible, jump inside someone else's body
>Go tangible
>???
>Profit

>Would I be a supervillain? I would not hurt anyone
>A rapist/pedophile
>not a villain

>Ideal Powers
Super strength, practical invulnerability, flight, ghosting, resistance to magic and mind control with a dash of Sherlock Holmes style deductive genius. I'd dress all spooky and ringwraith-like, pass through walls and scare the everloving fuck out of criminals, especially super-powered ones that the world governments can't do anything about.

>Hero, villain or civilian
For all intents and purposes, I'd be a hero. I'd travel the world solving crimes and saving people, and when I couldn't save them, I'd at least get some justice dealt. Brutally. Shit would be cash, though people would probably have a moral objection to how I get things handled.

My ideal superpower would involve being a reality warping wizard, if only because I could live a thousand different lives and go through any period in time, work of fiction or otherwise to my hearts content.

Why should I pick when I could be all of those things? Why should I wear just one costume, when I could exhaust every single outfit and then make myself forget about ever doing any of it, so that I could do it over and over again?

too bad it won't ever happen

Time Travel.

Specifically just so I can avoid all the proverbial grenades that my life and family threw at me during developmental years.

As I said, you would only win this way if your body is denser than the other guy.
When its foo similar, you would fuse, killing both of you.
You said kamikaze style tho, so that might be just what you're looking for.

Super-speed, civillian or merc, would wear retail clothes but color coded

The ability to create, maintain, and modify a network across the planet, including granting others access to it and limited control over it. The network can be accessed through checkpoints and hubs that I designate, be they landmarks or personal possessions, and grant access to a parallel world of limited scope (essentially an advanced illusion, akin to a virtual reality, so you still need to exit it to get food and such, but can modify small pocket realities to provide free lodging with crazy furnishings). You can also jump in and out at any checkpoint, allowing you to use it as a shortcut from any two checkpoints in the world. Limitations: you can't carry illusory stuff into the real world, you can't sustain yourself with illusory nutrients, you can't store inanimate objects in the network when you're not there (your little pocket dimension ceases to exist when you're not in it), and the actual scope of any illusory space is limited to an acre or two per person (though a bunch of people can enter together and conjoin illusions to make a larger shared space). Also, while inanimate objects are easy, moving objects or "NPCs" (such as servants or creatures) require a lot of conscious effort to maintain and are pretty limited in what they can do.

Civilian here, though I'd probably use the network to get people out of bad situations and improve people's lives on a small, passive scale.

I really like this power retarded tripfag. I may just have to mimic it.

>Power
Ability to cause a rush of endorphines in whoever I touch.

>Costume
None.

>Hero or Villain?
Neither. Do my own thing and occasionally just help out friends and family while trying to be as subtle about it as possible so no one figures out and the inevitable shitstorm that would arise if figured out won't happen.

I'm a very simple and boring person.

What is rape, though? Sex without consent.

How do you define consent when I can change how people think?

Whatever we helps you sleep at night, Kilgrave.

Definitely time travel.

It's the only way I can go back and experience all those years I'll never have back.

Icemans powers, villain. I would be a god.

spacetime coordinate control
could just move myself along the axises of space and time
so pretty much teleportation and time travel in one
or alternativelly that nic cage super power, the one where he could go back to previous times in his life where he had to make choices

Assuming I get the required secondary powers needed to actually use the power without killing myself? Super speed, it's versatility is nearly unmatched when it comes to super powers.

>You go back in time and meet your young self.
What you are looking for is age manipulation/shifting/reversal/etc.

The ability to convert objects into data and vice versa. I could alter the item whIle in data form such as changing its electron configuration and other characteristics to transmute it into something else. It would manifest in the form of a Stand from Jojo but run on a three act system. Items once digitized become disks that look like tron identity disks. The only downside is that I can't digitize sentient living organisms without overpowering them in a contest of wills or them allowing me to.

Act 1 Discovery: Default mode and looks like backpack styled like Christo's helmet with the Hal9000 in a scarb brooch/spider hybrid shape. It opens up to reveal a bio-organic computer structure inspired by HR Geiger. It can create discs that once they hit an object whether being thrown or used close range begin to burn the object into data on the disk. Slotting the disc back into Discovery allows me to recreate the object as it shoots a beam out of its red eye and reforms it like a 3D printer at a spot I desiginate.

Act 2 Robot Rock: Discovery latches into my body and becomes power armor similar to Robocop in design. I can't digitize using my discs but I can gain the qualites or "cover" of a disc in my armor. Guns appear as shoulder mounts, I can chage the property of my armor via having a "electric" or "iron" disc to make my armor gain electric based powers like Static Shock or become as hard as iron and use electricity to manipulate my armor using magnetism.

Act 3 Prime Time of Your Life:

Combined abilities of ACT 1 and 2 with both myself and Discovery appearing in an altered suit mode with a few features like the head shape but with christo's visor insteas and clock like joints from Made in Heaven where discs can be slotted and shot from. Slotting a disc transforms that limb into the quality and/or shape of the digitized object. This is powerful but can only be used up to an hour a day before I burn out.

Technopathy while my body (arms and some of my chest) acts as a hive and manufactory for swarms of nanobots and mechanical insects. It's an idea I've had rolling around for a while.
Hero? Villain? I'm not sure. I've got this urge to be very much like Anarky, looking to take down banks, Wall Street, and the governments that let these institutions run roughshod over their citizens.

For a costume, I'll wear a leather or tactical vest, simple black motorcycle pants, and similar boots.

Probably Shapeshifting + Mind Reading + Memory storage.

I think I would probably be a villain, and I probably wouldn't need a costume.

This combination of powers would make me the ultimate mimic, able to completely store memories of people's minds as I read them. Killing people and replacing them easily.

Alright, but if we end up traveling to the same worlds please leave me the Gatack, Kabuto and Sasword suits. I've already promised them to some friends.

Kilgrave's powers aren't mind control though. You are forced to do whatever he tells you to while retaining your consciousnes and hating every second of it. True telepaths are more subtle and undetectable.

this pretty much, it would be fucking hilarious

no, it's specified that makes you WANT to do what he tells you, until it wears off.

Invisibility. It's just a power I've always liked. I'm not entirely sure how I'd use it. I guess that depends on if other people have super powers. If not, I'd probably use it for petty crimes.If so, I guess I'd become a super hero, taking out super villains before they even know I'm there