Homeless People in America

Why there are so many homeless people in America? Isn't this one of the characteristics of a failed state?

Other urls found in this thread:

finanzmarktwelt.de/die-tatsaechliche-arbeitslosenquote-den-usa-8443/
spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/usa-2-5-millionen-obdachlose-kinder-a-1003489.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>only homeless people I see are whites

Its mental illness. Reagan's deinstitutionalization caused the "homeless" problem we see today

Yes every where I go I see homeless. Of course there is not a peep out of the MSM about it being a problem while bama is in office. I'm sure if trump becomes president, the MSM will dust of that page in the play book and once again the homeless problem will magically appear about once a week on every network.

Freekin hypocrites !

Our government is too busy handing money to illegal immigrants than to care about homeless American citizens.

it would be pretty easy to solve the homeless problem though

take the money we spend on USAID that is like $30 billion a year and the foreign aid which is also around $15 billion, and commieblocks or amish towns to house these fuckers.

There are homeless in every country, America just hides them with less success.

It is. The main factors are: mental illness, chemical dependency, and flat real wages. But the right in our country chooses to continue slashing social safety nets, which in turn end up costing taxpayers even more. It's a race to the bottom at this point.

America does have a disproportionate amount of homeless from what I've seen, but the thing about the american homeless that I've seen is that they fall into three categories

1. Drug addicts
2. Crazies
3. Vagrants who are embracing the lifestyle.

If you're homeless in America and are not one of these, the ladder is steep but very climbable to a better situation.

>so many
How many?

That's capitalism at a late stage for ya.

There is tons of homeless people here in Vancouver and there is going to be more. The city is such a shit hole, they are everywhere and everything smells like piss.

When I was in San Francisco I was really horrified by the huge amount of homeless people. You also get asked for money all the fucking time. It's so annoying.

Also in Los Angeles there are just homeless people sleeping or doing drugs in a park in front of Union Station.

Get your shit together, America.

Your housing market is fucked in Vancouver. At least you are going to finally start taxing the foreign bastards buying up the real estate there.

A better question

Why are countries so keen on providing foreign aid before helping their own country members?

sadly this.

Most of the homeless are homeless because they spent all their money on drugs and shit

Let the rot on the streets

Mostly its just a result of our population being huge, and a disproportionate amount of degenerates infiltrating our society.

Lazy, drug addicted assholes are the majority of homeless. Some people even pretend to be homeless just to pan handle. Live on the government paying for their housing.

The only ones that are truely a tragedy are the actual mentally ill that slipped through the cracks due to the MASSIVE amount of lazy assholes that go through the same system pretending to be crazy.

Police officer 6 years. Its fucking stupid what is going on anymore.

Yea, pretty accurate

Because being homeless is fucking awesome, i spent 6 months homeless, wandering around the country and it was the best time of my life. Wage slaving in a purely capitalist society sucks, sure there are a lot of people with drug addiction/mental illness but every single one of them is there by choice. If you go into any homeless shelter there are so many programs that help for find work and help you find an apartment, but bum life is somewhat of a cultural thing here. Started in the wild west, then the hobos of the depression era, hippies in the 70s, into the wild in the 90s, and now people living out apocalypse fantasies. Theres just something about sleeping in a new place every night that makes me want to go back.

>unemployment rate of 22%
finanzmarktwelt.de/die-tatsaechliche-arbeitslosenquote-den-usa-8443/
>over 2.5 million chiildren homeless
spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/usa-2-5-millionen-obdachlose-kinder-a-1003489.html
The beacon of the free world. Constantly at war and working towards fucking it up for all of us.
>economic permacrisis
>wars in the middle east leading to the refugee crisis

its a characteristic of a market economy

we're not going to waste state resources trying to help these useless people who won't even help themselves

if they had any worth to society whatsoever, they'd have a job

no point in penalizing working people to subsidize their worthless lives

Im homeless because my record makes me unemployable
I made a mistake when i was 18 and cant get passed it
Im not excusing my actions but i feel i deserve a second chance
Im not on drugs ad the only work i get is picking fruit at 8 dollars a bushel
Amd thats only a few days a week
Im probably going to kill myself soon but cant buy a gun and i dont want to fuck up hanging myself

shit parents

We waste even more in resources by leaving them homeless. Housing the chronically homeless actually saves taxpayers money.

Its actually really boring and nerve wrecking
The cops wake you up at 4 am just to fuck with you
The shelters run out of food
Youre surrounded by criminals who steal your sleeping bag and blankets
I really hate being out here

i only had 6 run ins with cops, 2 gave me rides out of their counties, the others were just terry stops

what did you do that you cant get a job?

Don't give up, user. You can make it out of the situation. It isn't easy, but you can. I know from experience.

>Im probably going to kill myself soon but cant buy a gun and i dont want to fuck up hanging myself

you buy that gun
and when you buy that gun you kill that drug dealer and take his shit
and when you take his shit you sell that shit yourself
and when you sell that shit yourself you buy that nice suit
and when you buy that nice suit you get that job
and when you get that job you be the best employee there
and when you become the best employee there, you cut your manager's brakes
and when your manager dies in a car accident, you take that managers job
and when you take his job you start stealing from that company
and when you take that money you invest in illicit human trafficking
and when your human trafficking empire brings in seven figures of freshly laundered US dollars you start a legitimate business as a front
and when you start that legitimate business you have a family to appear honest and law-abiding
and when you're a successful, law abiding man you set up a sprinkler system to keep the dirty homeless people off your property at night.

It's time to move up in the world

wat did u do

Lol, I'm glad you enjoyed your 6 months of traveling around, but for some people it's not something you slip in and out of for the adventure. Being homeless fucking sucks, and you are worth nothing to the average person. Romanticize it all you want, but I promise the vast majority of homeless would rather not be there.

its because of their white privilege somehow

not from my experience, most where looking for adventure or were skirting their duties by procrastinating, but then i avoided large cities

Why don't you go into the woods instead of a city

SF is a mecca for "homeless", aka hippie panhandlers who would rather harass tourists for change, do drugs, and sleep in parks rather than lift a finger to better themselves. They are homeless by choice.

I have travelled Europe extensively too and in cities like Paris I have seen countless old women, mothers, and children begging for change too (you will NEVER see women or children panhandling in America). Of course anyone with an ounce of common sense can see they are parts of gypsy gangs that know tugging at tourist heartstrings is more lucrative than honest work.

It's because southern America is warm, homeless populations are low in Canada and Northern Europe because most of them freeze to death every winter

We don't tax our workers at 50%, because we don't prop up failures of life who can't work a basic job.

>(you will NEVER see women or children panhandling in America)
You must be fucking joking, right?

We can't house these people, they're literally fucking crazy. It will do more harm than good.

Considering the US is roughly 100 times larger than your entire country, it's safe to say the homelessness problem looks bigger than it really is.

I killed my stepdad while he was beating my mom
It was an accident and shes disowned me
I did 5 years
I fully support capitalism and milton friedman is my hero
Im using a plug behind a dmv that i sleep behind using my obama phone even though i think hes one of the reasons im in this posistion im thankful for it
The salvation army turned me away for being single and the shelter near me gives out beds on a lottery system so i just gave up
I feed myself by going to a local church e times a week and go without food the other 4
I take full responsibility for my actions but i really want a second chance
I had it better in prison minjs the rape
Yes that happens especially sense i was so young so i dont want to go back
Ama i guess

I almost never se then in Tennessee or the south in general

Because other ethnic groups help eachother, while white people throw eachother under the bus.

I dont have the resources to catch my own food and i have a power soirce where i sleep
Plus the woods here are filled with tweakers who cook shake and bake meth and are so paranoid that theyll kill you because they think youre trying to steal their stash

Places like San Francisco or New York are supposed to be the pinnacle of your society, yet they are full of homeless in the broad daylight.

How did you kill your stepdad?

Why don't you go into the woods somewhere by a lake or river where you can catch your food? Assuming you can afford a cheap tent and fishing pole

There are no homeless people here (except gypsies on tourist visas). It's not true that there are homeless people in every country. In muslim countries that has laws based on Sharia it is considered a right to have a place to live so they also manage to avoid it more or less.

The homeless people in America requires effort to keep them on the street.

There's homeless In Berlin to stupid tanned German

>If you're homeless in America and are not one of these, the ladder is steep but very climbable to a better situation.
How?

why cant you change your name and move to a new town?

Being homeless in America is actually quite easy. There are shelters in most cities and towns, heated terminals everywhere you can sleep in, food thrown away laying in garbage cans, etc. I started out homeless, and here I am, posting on Sup Forums again.

You cannot be legally homeless in Germany. The government has no right to deny you basic services as a citizen.

In the US, there are states lacking even basic safety nets afaik.

Your opinion doesnt mater because you have no idea what yoire talking aboit
You can take your edgy stance holy than thou attitude when you actually spend time with these people
Go feed some homeless on christmas or donate some clothes
Your edgyness will wear off when you get some real life experience

It might be illegal but I know I saw lots of homeless people when I was in Berlin.

Pushed him down the stairs and he broke his neck

Are you claiming that homeless people aren't almost entirely mentally ill, and that providing them with a home will address their mental health issue instead of causing more problems for them? Holy shit.

Also

>donate some clothes
>real life experience

I have no problem with people and buisness helping people the amount of food thrown away is mind blowing and it's illegal to give it to them. But I do have a problem with the government taking other people's money to give to them.

At least now you know they do it because they want to.

That costs money i dont have and i refuse to pan handle or "fly signs" as they call it

Talking to the right people, wearing the right clothes, but above all seeming articulate and intelligent, and not seedy and scary. Perception is everything, and people perceive homeless to be filthy scrappy trouble makers. Don't be a filthy scrappy trouble maker and you won't be homeless for too much longer.

Youre generalizing all homeless as mentally ill
I just explained how i was homeless and worship milton friedman
They should reopen the institutions regan shut down in the 80s for the mentally ill and institute a negative income tax that will solve the homeless crisis

Of all the countries with 300+ million, we by far have the lowest homeless rate.

Sure, it would be good if we were a Nordic country of 5 million, but that isn't the case with us. We have 10 million millionaires, or twice your population. Of course we are going to have poor people including homeless.

Damn near every homeless person is mentally ill. If we brought back crazy houses the homeless population would plummet to near zero.

changing you name costs $150, you can hitch to a different state, you could go to a home depot/lowes parking lot with the mexicans and get hired as a day laborer @$10/hr till you can save up enough

It doesnt really matter anymore
Someday your parents will die
Hilarys gonna win
Homelessness will sky rocket and all you neets will really learn what it means to survive

vietnam

Can't remember the last time I've seen one. I don't live in a "big" city tho...

>Of all the countries with 300+ million, we by far have the lowest homeless rate.

Congratulations, you are better than India and China!

Now what about living up to the claim of being the best country in the world and providing everyone with four of those paper walls you love so much?

We have too many illegal immigrants in our country taking jobs they could be working.

If we get rid of the illegals, enforce reasonable tariffs/ tax breaks, that should bring more than enough jobs for them to work and our homeless rate to decrease significantly.

In addition to that, if they just don't want to work, then they should starve. Fuck lazy people who just want to mooch off the system.

I almost did this many times to my own father. thank god I didn't, sucks to be you faggot

also fuck the world, you have nothing to live for now. if your story is true then that's too much misery for a person to handle. if I were you I would become a serial killer TOWARD NIGGERS AND DEGENERATES, don't go around killing randomly like a worthless dumbass/go into a hotel or sky high building that lets you simply walk in and use the elevator, go to top floor and look around for a window or even access to the roof to jump off of. try to keep your head facing the ground while falling, flail very hard to keep it facing and make sure it is nothing but concrete or asphalt around where you land. anything else like grass or a car may end up allowing you to live if you fail to flail and land on your back or even stomach.

another reason to vote trump

Every single job application asks if youve been known by another name, wont they see that i killed a guy even if i lied?
Im not skilled all i learned to do was mop floors
I read and watched local tv for my free time i was in solotary because of thebrapes and took my showers in a sink
Im pretty much a broken person and dont really have the will to love anymore
This is pretty much a cautionary tale at this point
I honestly want to be in a mental hospital
You only get a few swings at life in america
Dont accidently kill your stepdad

>Lose house for some reason
>Can't work because homeless
>Can't get a house because no money
>No money because can't work
>Can't work because homeless

These are actually the three main factors:

- Illegal immigration.
- Outsourcing too many jobs.
- Spending too much on welfare as it is.

How to fix?

- Deport illegal immigrants.
- Create reasonable tax breaks/tariffs to bring jobs back to America.
- Get rid of the welfare system to make people work and stop abusing the system.

If people just don't feel like working and want to be bums, they shouldn't be supported by tax payers and honest workers.

Know what will solve it?

More illegals and more refugees sucking up tax dollars.

We are the greatest country. That is no contest, no one comes close. Just because we have a few people that sleep under a bridge doesn't change that. Our bill of rights never guarantees shelter. I know this is shocking to a country that cannot stop sucking refugee dick.

We seriously need a Final Solution to the hobo problem.

I really dont want to hurt anyone else and the bible spoke to me when i was inside other than not being able to buy a gun and scared of fucking up the noose im not sure if hell is real or not i do want to kill myself every day but something keeps telling me not too

Crazies, drug addicts, or alcoholics.

All of them where I live are lazy alcoholics. I bothered talking with one of them once. Guy said he was trying to get enough money to get back to his home town in another state, but everything anyone gives him gets spent immediately on cheap booze or cigarettes, and the nog is constantly drunk. Constantly hangs around the local 7-11.

Someone like you, I can understand why you'd want to spend as much time drunk or high as possible if you wanted to do so. When life dealt your hand you got both jokers and the "how to play poker" card.

i'd help white homeless people Tbh
>minus the rape
you wanna tell me about that one

what do you get as a homeless person?
is living in your car considered homeless?

>I have travelled Europe extensively too and in cities like Paris I have seen countless old women, mothers, and children begging for change too (you will NEVER see women or children panhandling in America).

Those are Romanians you idiot. They travel all over Europe to beg. We almost had no homeless people in Sweden then all of a sudden a couple of years ago our cities were flooded with Romanian beggars.

Have you ever considered enlisting? I can't imagine you're in terrible shape, and it'll get you some job training.

>We are the greatest country.
Keep telling yourself that.

I don't have to tell myself that. The whole world tells us that every day.

Here's your (You)

>what do you get as a homeless person?
Given I'm not one, I wouldn't know specifically. But most of them around here just beg for money and spend it all on booze. My father was a compulsive gambler and got nearly 2k/month in retirement social security and gambled it all away, begged for more money, and then gambled that away. He died last week and I'm kind of trying to deal with that.

>is living in your car considered homeless?
Technically it would, but most people wouldn't look down on you too much, just as long as you don't beg.

I dont even do drugs i sleep behind a dmv, charge my phone read shower and use the computers at the library, im really not trying to make excuses for my self and am not looking for any pity but if i were black with children id be in a section 8 house with 1400 a month and a 80 dollar a month rent on top of snap and food stamps
Sprry for blogging i know how mjch you guys hate that but im really lonely all the time and this is my only outlet

Wasn't giving you shit, man. I can understand why you'd want to bitch and I can't blame you in the slightest: you got rolled in life and I figured you'd appreciate the mental image.

They dont take people with criminal records i was thinking aboit joing farc or just making my way to syria and fighting for assad

Not suprising considering that your whole world is limited to your basement.
It's fine though, you will have to swallow the red pill sooner or later.

don't you get like a small amount of money to eat? or you simply eat at some place

Some people are just too stupid to not be homeless. You can give them a home, job or some stable source of income and they'll still turn the place to shit and get into debt. They're too old to learn how to be a decent human bean.

I got raped by my first cell mate then again in the yard before they moved me to protective custody and evn there i had a few close calls

shit dude

I can't offer you anything other than best of luck

also if you try to kill yourself don't overdose on anything, and don't try to neck yourself; both hurt a lot trust me
best way to go is bleed out or jump off a high place head first

but I wouldn't, hold out as best you can
you never know when shit might get better

somewhat true

There is a large homeless problem in Vancouver I think. I don't know what you can do to fix that though.

Another 50cents deposited to your account Boris. Soon you will be able to afford a chair instead of squatting at your computer.