Was this the greatest sequence in television history?

Was this the greatest sequence in television history?

yes for the first time ever my jaw has dropped from a tv show.

only since evangelion ep 25 and 26 has a director been given the freedom to blow his load and go full creative

...Ok, what is it?

it was pretty good but it'd be better if it wasn't CGI

>Best guess for this image: atmosphere
Good thing you provided a source dear user, now I can take part in meaningful discussion as well!
Bane?

Yes it would've been better had Lynch staged an actual live nuclear test.

Do you think they should've detonated their own nuke to get that footage?

twin peaks

tfw lynch spends his whole budget on a nuclear bomb

Twin Peaks s03e08

>Lynch has to drop a second one because the first camera got blasted to fuck

My heart stopped when the nuke flashed and the composition started. Fucking breath taking.

so is the new twin peaks worth watching?

if you're a lynch fan, sure. if you're a twin peaks fan wanting more twin peaks, probably not.

no its shit

Only if you watched the whole series.

its the greatest tv/film related thing released in last 10 years you pleb

If you like David Lynch, yeah, this is probably his best stuff to date.

But it does follow on the original Twin Peaks. Lynch is making the series for people who saw the original, watched the movie, and even read the books. Might be hard to follow if you havent

>you pleb
wtf did I say anything about it not being good?
>Lynch is making the series for people who saw the original, watched the movie, and even read the books
Would watching the series suffice?

The series and the movie at least.

The movie is technically a prequel, but it has some scenes that take place after the end of the series. S3 is building on it too, so you'll really need that information.

For instance last night's episode had a big OH SHIT moment that depends entirely on you having watched the movie to know what it meant. So yep, series and movie

alright thanks, guess I'll watch it

To be clear, absolutely do not under any circumstances watch the movie before the series.

My jaw dropped because it was so meaningless and stupid

KEK

The greatest SEQUENCE? Of any sort? Uh... no. Just in terms of SEQUENCES I'd say even a lot of Twin Peaks scenes were better.

It was a pretty cool sequence, though. But to be honest I'm not sure why people are giving it SUCH praise. It isn't so superhumanly impressive once you realize how good CGI has gotten. I mean do you guys still stare at WinAmp plug-ins that make weird designs in time with the music?

I know these aren't "television", but right off the top of my head I'd say that the opening to The Shining was a better sequence.

Overall I'd give the episode a 4/5. It was solid, but it was self-indulgent and some shots were too long. They just were, and everyone knows it if they're being honest with themselves. There was no need to go into THAT amount of detail and spend THAT much time looking at floating particles and s-l-o-w-y zooming in through the Giant and Mother's window

Do you deny it was a bit too slow and long? Well if this was the perfect length then would you criticize Lynch if he took two hours for the same sequence? No, of course not, you'd just say whatever he did was perfect. And it wasn't perfect. It was like a 4/5. Some amazing stuff, but also self-indulgent, which is exactly what I'd expect from him.

inb4:

>LOL only 4/5? u just don't understand all the genius of Lynch but I can figure it out

+

>LOL only 4/5? u are trying to "figure out" David Lynch but you can't put his work into text

+LOL only 4/5? u probably didn't read The Secret History which explains alot (even though I'm not going to cite any explicit connections between the book and this ep because there aren't any)

+

>LOL only 4/5? what are you trying to make chronological sense of everything? well u CANT because the Lodge exists outside time

+

etc

Why does everything with you guys have to be either all or nothing, horrible or perfect genius?

>The Shining
>in television history
I'm sure you don't mean the series.

The most disappointing thing since my wife's son

shit, wrong thread. ignore

how autistic do you have to be to sit and type out a post like this

Yeah.

Was pretty surreal watching it in real time on a stream with a bunch of anons. You felt like you were watching a real event.

It looked perfect. This was a case of cgi used well, without falling into its usual traps.

There's no reason to be against any particular medium as a rule. What matters is the results.

Except Eva 25 and 26 were made due to LACK of freedom. The final scene of 24 pissed off executives so much that they weren't given adequate time to finish the series. End of Evangelion was the director's true vision.

>Why does everything with you guys have to be either all or nothing, horrible or perfect genius?

This wasn't "everything", this was history.

Not being able to recognize that is really damning, dude.

not as autistic to make a show like Twin Peaks The Return

>self-indulgent
That sums up this entire season.

Name a better scene, faggots.