The Infamous Iron Man, Doctor Strange & the Sorcerors Supreme, and Solo books confirmed for Marvel NOW!

The Infamous Iron Man, Doctor Strange & the Sorcerors Supreme, and Solo books confirmed for Marvel NOW!

newsarama.com/30037-marvel-signals-infamous-iron-man-solo-dr-strange-team-book-coming-to-marvel-now.html

I'm surprised they gave doctor strange a movie. He is not super popular and the concept seems hard to adapt.

Solo? Who is that?

>Infamous Iron Man
I don't want Bendis to write muh doom

>it's another "publisher cancels good selling title to relaunch it for #1 money" episode

Member of Deadpool's Mercs for Money

so it'll be cancelled in a few issues, gotcha.

>Dr Strange mystic team book
>might have his student Magik as part of the team
Well, I may be adding this to my pull list.

So, uh... where are these posters? Do they just not have pictures of them?

So Marvel NOW is just going to go over like a lead balloon right?

Let's assume that all of these characters are getting a title, either a team book or a solo. Can any of these dinguses carry a book that can compete with Rebirth right now?

What is Marvel thinking?

This.

>the infamous iron man
Superior wasnt enough there Marvel?!

>She-hulk with swords

It seems that Marvel requires I have an erection.

It ended too soon.

That's Gamora

That's Gamora m8.

>USAvengers
>Great Lakes Avengers
>Unworthy Thor
>Champions
>Magic Team Book
>Dr. Doom solo

That NOW teaser image was fucking stupid but I am so amped for this shit.

>Cancel everything again

So Infamous Iron Man is replacing International while Invincible gets relaunched. OK.

I wish Caselli was on Infamous instead of Invincible. Maleev is good and all but a Caselli drawn Doom would be 10/10.

Superior Ironman was too good for this world, and we as fans didn't deserve it.

>Doctor Strange & the Sorcerors Supreme
Is it written by anyone but Aaron?

Because I hate how he's writing magic

"Divided we Stand" was some X-Men shit anyway.

Why? And furthermore, how can you even tell. All I see is a muscular green chick.

>DC terrified to release anything without a JL member in status quo
>meanwhile Marvel pulls out the dankest deep cuts

Delicious. FeMan is still retarded.

WHO THE FUCK ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE? I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE COMIC BOOKS ANY MORE

Well if marvel is going to push cable where is my cable ongoing ?

Yeah, the only things that have been announced that I don't give a shit about are Invincible Iron Man (but I didn't care about it now, so it's not like it really effects me) and Guardians of Earth (again, not reading current Guardians so it continuing to be awful doesn't really effect me).

Don't really give a shit about Mosaic, but I at least respect that they're trying to make a new character for once instead of just handing out legacies.

Really? After Iron Man and GOTG were made into movies you think Doctor Strange wouldn't get a movie because "he is not super popular"?

Im just surprised they havent down an Immortal Iron Man and just do something like Iron Man can never die because hes blah blah like DC does with Supes and Batman.

>Invincible gets relaunched
Fucking why?

The yellow around her eyes, for one.

The fact that she has swords, for another.

Wait, Solo? As in that lame teleporting merc guy from 90s Spider-Man?

Yellow around her eyes, GOTG movie is coming up, and she has had a solo in development hell for the past couple years

That's it! I need a better resolution monitor.

Not announced yet.

Yes i even have the 4 issues of his last ongoing, i should storytime it some day

I thought that pun was clever

Cause we're not goddamn casuals

Yep. Solo: The Anti-Terrorist.

This. That punery was beautiful.

Right? There are two Not-Deadpools in this picture, some kind of hammer mime, and somebody from the movie Tron.

90% of Sup Forums is "I read wikipedia articles, that makes me a comic reader :^)" tier of casual.

You should be, because this shit is retarded.

Jesus Christ.

Weird how the first Symbiote-buster armor was a Rescue suit

Maybe you should try actually reading comics instead of just watching the movies and skimming wikipedia articles then you'd recognize them.

I mean, some of the people on the right I could understand not recognizing since there's a lot of fairly new characters there, but what the fuck is with people not recognizing Slapstick or Solo or Cable.

Marvel NOWer is going to be fine. Most announced books sound great , and people were doomsaying the same shit about ANAD, which was, like, 45% good stuff, 30% okay/mediocre, 25% shit. Which is about what any given period of comics history is, really.
The fact that Shulkie's dead and it'd be a bigger deal if she was alive again, for yet another.

She-Hulk isn't dead, she's in a coma

Does it count if I willingly went from dedicated comic reader to casual? Basically, around the time the MCU became a thing and started telling established stories in better, less convoluted ways, I gave up 99% of Marvel comics consumption. Event bloat has killed the entire thing for me.

With the exception of GLA, which is written by the guy who does the excruciatingly terrible Rick & Morty comic these are all just rejiggering of existing books with the same teams. I just can't get hype for this.

The way it sounds you were still a casual before.

The dream is over, man. I just woke up first.

That's more of a lapsed reader than a casual. You'd likely know a lot more than people who only JUST started reading because you've read older stuff, but on the other hand

But you've got people bitching about not recognizing literally who new characters just created in the last couple years, when in fact, they've been around for decades. Characters like Prowler and Solo may be d-listers, but that's different from not recognizing a character that was just made this year (like Mosaic or Moon Girl). I've seen people in these threads bitching about Kate Bishop replacing Hawkeye and acting as if she's some brand new OC that was only just made to replace him, when she's been Hawkeye for over a decade now. In fact, she's spent more time as Hawkeye than Clint has over the past decade since he was dead for a chunk of it and Ronin for another chunk while she stayed Hawkeye for the entire duration.

Not recognizing newly created characters because you haven't been reading Marvel for the past couple years but used to read them all the time (and thus would be more familiar with certain eras than the current one) makes you a lapsed reader. Acting like anyone you don't recognize is a newly created character regardless of how long they've been around just because they have shown up in the movies, cartoons or your random wikipedia browsing makes you a casual.

>Solo

LITERALLY WHO

>Googles him

Doesn't The Punisher already cover the guy with guns demo?

>What is Young Animal
>What is Blue Beetle
>What is Gotham Academy
U r dumb.

The adults were the worst thing about ANADAvengers so turning it into a teens only book is enough to get me hype. Same with Unworthy Thor, since I actually really like Aaron's Thor, I just hate Jane's character, so being able to get more Aaron written Thor without having to deal with Jane hogging screentime also has me hype.

I mean, you're right, most of the stuff announced is just relaunches of current books with status quo and roster changes, but the status quo and roster changes all sound pretty good so far. At best, they'll pump some much needed direction and energy into the books. At worst, well, they'll probably just maintain the same quality as their current versions so it at least wouldn't be getting worse.

so alongside whore machine we're getting an iron doom. i may like the iron doom idea but riri taking over as iron man is beyond retarded.

Punisher kills criminals. Solo kills terrorists.

Oh, but Moe, the Dank. The *DANK*.

>Marvel in charge of modern terrorism-based storylines

Hoo Boy, I'm cringing already

Magik will make the difference between "buy" and "not buy"

Christ what a retarded thing to say...

I wish they made more new characters if they want the diversity route, everything else feels hollow

magic team could be fun

>He's excited for a Bendis Dr. Doom book
kek

Is that White Fox from that Korean Avengers web toon?

DREADING Foolkiller's book

So Tony and Doom are gonna be brothers right?

Yeah. She was made canon by Contest of Champions, and set up to be the leader only for it to get canceled 2 issues after she finally joined the team

If Erik Larsen didn't create Solo, he sure as hell was the only one who liked the character.

Is that Prowler?

And no one mentions the fact that they are standing in front of Tod Ziller's foot?

>compete with Rebirth

Is there something difficult about that?

If Nico Minoru and Wiccan join up too . . .

yes

I still think someone should create a terrorist-killing Muslim superhero. Part of the punch of Cap back in the war was him being a blond haired blue eyed Aryan Nazi killer.

From original sauce:

>Marvel Comics has informed retailers that a number of mystery Marvel Now posters that they can order have new names.

>One byHumberto Ramos,Champions, that we know is an upcoming series – Diamond code JUL161098.

>SolobyPaco Diazwe might have presumed from the Divided We Stand promotions -Diamond code JUL161101.

>The other two areInfamous Iron Man, byAlex Maleev– presumably Victor Von Doom in the role? Diamond code JUL161099

>AndDoctor Strange And The Sorcerors SupremebyRafael Albuquerque– looks like we have a new team book alongside the movie… Diamond code JUL161100.

>Albuquerque may only do covers for the latter because he's busy for reasons

That's Fin Fang Foom's foot.

Doctor strange is a few levels below icon, which makes it surprising that they would use him.

Ant-Man and GOTG were even lower than him. This isn't strange at all.

hmmm.. No Jane Thor?...
Are they killing her off?

It isn't. He was trying to get in her company so he could wipe out AI Tony.

Negro. Marvel have been trying to get a Doctor Strange movie off of the ground since like the 90s.
And as-fucking-if popularity matters. Steel has a movie.

And anger the show overlords? No

It's going to be Aaron's OCs and you fuckin know it.

The original was Fe Male.
user's a coward bully cad and thief. And not even a good one.

Is Riri a relaunch or a continuation of the current numbering?

>The original was Fe Male.
That just makes the punwork even better.

COME NEREVAR

>still no Ultimates news

Knowing Marvel, it'll likely be a renumbering.

No, she's going to continue starring in Mighty Thor while Unworthy Thor runs concurrently.

Fuck's sake, this AGAIN? Anyway how are the books' sales doing? Do people really keep buying the same plot since 2007?

>All-New, All-Underprivileged Avengers!

Why do you bastards still feed into Marvel's controversy machine? If you want them to stop, just don't complain about shitty "diversity" or whatever big topic as that's what they want, and calmly educate people on this marketing shit. Remember, if Norman fucks Gwen Stacy again, it's your fault. If Sup Forums and other sites would learn we could actually make a step forward

. . . Fuck, man.

I give it until #6 or #7 tops

IIRC the artist that did the reveal cover said it is for Invincible Iron man #1
expect more renumbering

This.
Remember when all of you were so excited for Wolverine and the X-Men cause they could focus on the New X-Men?

And instead we got Quentin Quire, Oya, etc?

Apparently more people are getting tired of it. Civil War 2 didn't meet expectations and nobody's interested in NOW-ER