This comic blew my mind today...

This comic blew my mind today. I've seen this comic plenty of times before and I thought it was funny but for all the wrong reasons (probably because I only took a cursory glance at it, chuckled, then moved on. BUT LO AND BEHOLD I ONLY JUST SCRATCHED THE SURFACE.
The entire time I thought the punchline closed on the image of a soldier, having discovered the way out of the city, rushed to join his squadron so that he can lead them to the exit and he and his squad mates could finally go home for a much thwarted rest. But as he was about to show them the way, a stray enemy bullet from the red team mercilessly cuts him down thereby comically making the situation worse for all parties.
HOWEVER, UPON FURTHER REVIEW IT IS ACTUALLY THE SOLDIER HIMSELF THAT POINTED HIS OWN RIFLE ON HIMSELF AND SQUEEZED THE TRIGGER (FULL METAL JACKET'S PRIVATE PYLE STYLE) AS A MERCILESS DEMONSTRATION TO OTHERS OF THE TRULY CRUEL AND PROFOUND SITUATION THEY FIND THEMSELVES IN.
MIND = BLOWN

Other urls found in this thread:

joyreactor.cc/tag/Wasted+People
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck sort of meme is this?

You are slow, user

He's not alone.
I always saw it as him getting sniped.

I only wish GWTBW updated more often. Right now it's like, what. once a year? Twice?

Well, the webcomic has already ended.

Ended? How so?

>Ended? How so?

Gone with the Blastwave had a fantastic ending.
I'm sorry to see it go, but they couldn't have gone with a better ending.

Op's pic kind of foreshadows it now that I've been reminded of it.

That's not the Canon ending, it was an April fool's page. The author said he just updates whenever he feels like it and has no real plans for the story

It didn't update for almost a year after that page. It's the ending.

It hadn't updated for ages before that either. This webcomic has never been a full on-going project even when it updated regularly.

>It didn't update for almost a year
BUT IT STILL UPDATED

You two a bit dim? Been posting in the "MoS/BvS is GOOD!!!" threads too often?

But user, it says in the comment that it's an April Fool's joke. It would've been a fairly good ending with a little bit of buildup, though.

Also this, it's never had a regular update schedule. Maybe there are some aberrations but as stated above, 1-3 per year seems to be the norm.

>People fighting on orders for no clear reason
>Finding some way to pass the time, loosing bits of sanity in the process
GWTB was a great absurdist and black humor comic. Like a post apocalyptic Waiting for Godot.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember when Romantically Apocalyptic was vaguely readable and sometimes funny? And it wasn't mountains of text under an edited photograph?

I miss those days.

Ok, good news and bad news, in alternating order
>Good news
There's a spin off of GWTB called Wasted People!
>Bad News
Patreon Paywall
>Good News
I found some here joyreactor.cc/tag/Wasted+People
>Bad news
It's in some commie script.

I stopped reading it a few years back, did it get worse? The first few panels (maybe 50 or so) were pretty good. Last thing I remember was a new character getting introduced; Female engineer... or something. Her colour was yellow.

Friendo, you have no idea how much worse it's gotten. I left a few updates after that, I think, and there's some moon AI with some Portal 2 engine and a robot monster. I can't understand what's going on.

Also, I'm pretty sure they've gone and re-arranged the archives. There are pages in the beginning that I don't remember seeing.

Should have just left it as Captain, Skipper and Pilot going around, with Captain acting insane to entertain himself, Pilot actually being insane, and Skipper trying to keep himself sane.

i want to say your stupid for not realising that sooner but i make that sort of mistake all the time to

Go look at the newest update, user

>Op's pic kind of foreshadows it now that I've been reminded of it.
>implying
Somebody post the page where the yellows interrogate the MCs for the exit, and the pages before the april's fools

I kind of wish it ended there though. It was perfect.

how can a person even be this dumb