i2.wp.com/newsmap.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Bitwa-o-Aleppo-5-VIII-2016.png
>Manbij Aug 5
i.imgur.com/bK9Z1VV.png
>Darayya Aug 5
i.imgur.com/ZYrCX1N.jpg

>SouthFront
youtu.be/SYUV9zZI6xQ

>DEVELOPMENTS AUGUST 5
>S.Aleppo phase 1232345 - rebels gain some ground in Ramousah but are repelled eventually - offensive failed
>Handarat camp ongoing battles
>Darayya gains reported - a western part of the pocket gained by Republican Guard&SAA&NDF
>LATAKIA clashes near Shillif castle/hill as Desert Hawks/Marines/NDF attempt to get fire control over Kinsabba

LAST THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5ylEIq5FQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S2FGA3Z-oYM
twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/761850840764129280
youtube.com/watch?v=reBAuTkzeIM
twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/761854673904996356
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the SAA is trash

Second for barrel bombs

I hope you get barrel bombed, Justin.

>Even better now the SAA is tied down because the Kurds could take everything and link the cantons.

I wonder how the Turks will react to this 4D Chess game now that Assad is 100% devoted to rebels.

I'm going to bed now.
If I wake up to see the counter attack failed and the siege is lifted, I'm blowing my brains out.

Wait, what happened?

nth for we armed forces now

>FUCK THIS SHIT EDITION

fucking hell Minnesota you're pathetic, thank god you weren't following during the start of the war, you probably would have killed yourself

SAA lost control of the artillery base and in turn are probably going to lose their control over the Aleppo pocket.

Edrogan too busy arresting his own army, I think he forget they were supposed to be helping the rebel take Isis territory and create a buffer on the border.

EXPLOSION!

Does anyone know about the conscription/training policies of the SAA?
Are they still doing regular training?

Rebels most likely took the Artillery College and are pushing on.

Just got up, what the heck is going on ?

SAA lost the artillery college, the technical school is being attacked.

No, they are still fighting over the arty base.

> Rebells took

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>offensive failed
literally all i have seen of it yet is that rebels are advancing

hopefully they are taking large amount of losses.

Merkel pls fix divisionary flag plox

Just being real here. Aleppo battle is over.

SAA has been pretty much a militia since 2013/2014 when the NDF was formed up, a lot of the professional military quit/switched sides at the beginning, then through attrition a ton have died, and then you have to take into consideration people leaving their posts because they don't want to fight anymore, that is probably creating a high turn over as well.

I'd argue 70-80% of the SAA is basically militia tier at this point and the rest are the Republican Guard, Desert Foxes, etc.

And yet the rebels control the base, the army is trying to take it back now.

falcons not foxes

Now you're being too quick. Several positions have pinged back and forth, including the 1070, Artillery College, Areas around the quarries further outside. It's not impossible for the SAA to take any of it back, especially considering they (just like the other side) aren't as utter shit at attacking positions as they are at defending them

We lost the artillery

Handy map for those confused about the arty. college.

> falcons not foxes

youtube.com/watch?v=q5ylEIq5FQQ

No they control the arty college not the arty base. Start reading correctly instead of shiting this stuff in every second post.

>No they control the arty college not the arty base.

You're behind buddy, the SAA was pushed out of the compound.

Shits looking grim.

SAA managed to lose one of the most defensible positions that they've had 5 years to fortify against rebels with no heavy equipment and with air support.

Maybe it was a strategic error to establish the siege so hastily in the first place. This way the different Jihadi factions had a reason to properly coordinate and also got the initiative.

How many have the Rebels lost in the past few days, and how reliably can they replace those men?

No one knows for sure, but the rebels have endless man power from what we've seen.

Look at ISIS for example, their casualty turn over must be insane.

The SAA can't afford to bleed men like the rebels do.

Do it Putin, drop some F.O.A.B..'s
Scare the shit out of the Nusrats/ISIS/Al-Qaeda/Saudi-pawns.

youtube.com/watch?v=S2FGA3Z-oYM

Kek and doggy demands it.

>but the rebels have endless man power from what we've seen.

Why is this

Breeding like (Nus)rats.

Because jihadists from abroad plus pissed of Syrian Sunnis make easy recruitment.

Rebels have thrown in every soldier in the entire idlib governorate into this battle

religios nutjobs are happy to die and rush in from all over the world to become a martyr

Wahabi clones

foreign fighters. Duh.
This is why Ypg push for Al bab is so important in terms of ISIS. to cut their Mujaheddin suply route.

Arab Sunnis have no jobs, education, life prospects etc. Why else would they willingly do suicide attacks or participate in these zergrush offensives?

Just like Germans who heeded the call to come build the reich am i rite?

No they are not. Every single source claims fighting between tech school and arty college.

No comprendo

I thought foreign fighters were mainly going to this islamic state and weren't that much interested in the Syrian Revolution?

Nah, that isn't true, the SAA are trying to get back in, you're reading old news bud.

There are dozens of rebel groups operating in Syria, a lot of them are foreign, but most are Syrian Sunni Arabs.

No one is interested in the Syrian revolution, everyone is interested in Jihad
There are tons of foreign fighters in/allied with the jihadist factions on the """moderate"""" side.

The SAA really need to pull a Stalingrad then.

Political Officers and blocking groups for the SAA when?

They ar bgetting a constant flow. What people somehow forget to mention is that foreign fighters make for crap soldiers. Thats why they drive vbieds so often.
nusra lost s big chunk of its storm troopers in the wttafk and that was something they build up in six years. It is a heavy blow no matger if they suceed or not.

JUST sharia my shit up

So, the tire smoke worked or is there other reason russians didnt manage to give needed air support?

Certainly "moderates" get much less foreign fighters than ISIS.

How could things go like this?

The officers are the problem, they run first and then the men rout.

That would just increase their losses even faster m8, Arabs have shit tier morale already, and most of those guys are milita men or Afghani/Iraqis who don't even want to be there.

No. The saa holds the tech school and the jihaids tried to storm it. The only "source" that claimed full capture was leith and he is full of shit.

Nah, Air support was most likely there, the SAA didn't manage to repel the usual VBIED + mass infantry assault the rebels always use. Kind of pathetic actually

Iran - Russia - Syria relationship is complicated.
Their interests diverge.

I haven't been following this for the past few years. But the thought of all the deaths that occur everyday in Syria while I'm sitting at home reading these general threads spooks me.

>(just like the other side)

To be fair, at least the rebels don't need air cover or protection.

But at the same time Rebels are death cultist based on how many times they yell allah ackbar

What this battle really needs is a...

Nope, you're wrong bud, old info still, SAA are trying to get back in the base proper, they got hit by VBIEDs and lost control.

It turns out air support isn't magic. Shitty ground forces can only be propped up so much.

>wttafk
care to explain?

So now rebs have grads and big howitzers? What a screw up by a shitty SAA

Dude you are in middle east. Had Russian army consisted of Arab like individuals, Hitler would be rolling beyond Ural in 1942. Remember, Israelis rekted this people 4 times, often with inferior or equal manpower and technology. Idea of last stnad, "do or die" mentality is outside jihadist lines as foreign as evernight of Finland to these people.

SAA has always been shit m8

Seems like it worked. I'd laugh if it was an anti-Russian cia tactic. Seeing as Russians put guided tech in the plane instead of the missile, so after the missile it launched it can't be adjusted when the winds change or heat/smoke throws off calculations in missile guidance.

What they need is to A. clone Hezbollah fighters B. get Russia to use equipment that's not from WW1

Okay you better link me reliable tweets now. You are pulling shit from your ass.

Attack. Tablet keyboards m7.

>reliable tweets

Look it up youself buddy, you got old info, SAA lost control of that base a while ago now, the battle is ongoing for it however, but it is doubtful they can get it back after losing something like that, not without a serious push.

I can't believe the ghostfag on twitter was actually right. well, I hope the terrorists and the shills are fucking happy. You got Aleppo good fucking job.

What?

Just wait until we mass-produce this shit.

They would need to train their troops better. No amount of magic weapons will make a badly led army of badly trained soldiers win.

No. You are gonna get the info. You make outlandish claims since hours without sourcing anything. So give us your source.

>outlandish
>literally footage and pictures all over twitter of JAN running around the base with dozens of dead SAA spread out

Calm down bud, you got old info, its cool.

The political nature of the conflict makes it hard for them to use non-Alawite troops, I mean some sunni tribes are aligned with the govt but it's not many. That leaves them with foreign fighters and the depleting manpower pool of Syria.

>Defeatism Fetish Fuel - The Thread

dam son, this place is so full of shills so vigorously tripling down the slightest positive for the rebel side while absolutely shitting on the SAA side for any trace of actual reporting (it's all ogre, just face reality, etc.) one can easily think this is a syrian rebel thread pretending to cheer and support the SAA

>all these leaf,bong,aussie and murican IDs shilling for rebels
ayy lmao

In this alegory, SAA is Wehrmacht.

@DPRKJones said the SAA holds the northern part of the base.

>Intense artillery & airstrike bombardment of Ramouseh Artillery Base

twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/761850840764129280

It's not all over, but the Aleppo battle is arguable one of the most important clashes in years and the rebels have the initiative and upper hand here. All that shilling/propaganda shit is useless and silly anyways.

But how usual it actually was? Didn't rebels use like 10 or so VBIEDs against Arty school? I thought they usually don't have that many available, and not to mention thousands and thousands jihadists they got.

>slightest positive
>rebels took the artillery base and are probably going to break through the aleppo pocket and in turn create a pocket with the SAA in west aleppo
>slightest

Its not looking good m8.

>all these leaf,bong,aussie and murican IDs shilling for rebels
The diaspora is real

That's pretty much their default tactic, or at least one the SAA should definitely have been prepared for.
Keep in mind breaking the siege is something a lot of jihadist/islamist groups are working together for, so they have more personnel and equipment available than usual

Assad is finished
Glory to the FSA!

The kurds build big fortifications. Berms several meters high to stop ISIS VBIEDs

And what do we see here?

Yup, the rebels moved a ton of assets over as well for this.

t. Abdullah Al-Mossadi

Picture is IS -> Enemy of the FSA

>that flag

I wonder who's behind this...

>(((FSA)))

Ftfy

Same shit famm

>Multiple MLRS attacks and Russian carpet bombing on Ramuseh artillery base

youtube.com/watch?v=reBAuTkzeIM

1:50 holy fug

That is true. Without Russia committing troops it will take a while. Hopefully they will get back the base or at least destroy the captured equipment.

twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/761854673904996356

Seems like they're back inside

>al-Baghdadi is dead

The other thing I wonder about is did the Republican Guard do anything in this conflict.

They are supposed to be the super duper elite troops.

What faction was in charge of artillery base defense? Iranians/Hezbollah/rep guards or exactly SAA?

Why are they bombing any other part of Syria at this very moment, when all fire power would most reasonably be used to defend the siege?