F is for Family

Alright as a Bill burr fan I gave this aweful show another chance and since I had nothing better to do I watched the whole thing.

When the first season came out I made it to episode 2 until I could not take this depressing unfunny shit show but this time I went all the way.

How do people find any enjoyment in this? The whole damn show is entirely predictable by just assuming that the worst will happen every god damn episode.
The second his wife came up with the fidget spinner I told myself, her idea gets stolen.
The moment I saw the black guy poking holes in condoms I thought that they will have another baby.
Every character is an unlikeable miserable fuck with the most ham fisted flaws.

But worst of all the fact that this shown is advertised as based loosely on Bill Burrs life, after every episode I want to kill myself knowing that all this vile and horrific unfunny shit actually happened to families and most likely is still happening.

Do you have to be completely empathy free to enjoy this like all the other viewers and critics who give it 8/10 ?

all the characters are awful

But where does this praise come from ?
I am genuinely curious and figured somebody here had some insight where the appeal is

It's animated comedy, plot is not what the show is watched for. I find a lot of the comedy based and hilarious. Vic is best, frank and Bill are good.

its just too real, its trying to be funny with its situations but there are just no jokes. its like king of the hill but even more dry. I really wouldnt call it a comedy show, more like a family slice of life show with some drama

I'm gonna guess nobody posting here has kids.

This show is awesome. Only niggers and faggots hate it.

I liked when the retard stepped on the bomb. That was pure sitcomkino.

I tried watching it, but I found it disturbing. I think I saw an interview in which Bill claimed that the show was about 'the good ol' days where you could beat the shit out of your kids without fearing the law!!!!' xDDD. He seemed pretty gung-ho about it. But then I remembered that video of Bill crying like a little bitch on stage because his daddy was abusive.
He's obviously a disturbed individual. This show is his attempt to normalise his especially shitty upbringing.

Wtf are you talking about?
1) source on bill crying like a bitch
2) if your kids aren't afraid of you, you've failed as a parent.
3) if you didn't fear your dad for stupid shut you know you did you probably don't respect him as an authority and you continue to make poor decisions as you've never had someone guide you properly. Clean your room.

The show is popular because a lot of people had a relatable upbringing

Some of it feels different but a lot hits close to home so it's somehow engaging.

I won't call it comedy just entertainment

I liked it. My favorites are Bob Pogo and the diaper wearing redneck kid. Kinda like animated Sunny.

I have a kid. I love this show. Is that why?

season 1 was bad
season 2 was above ok

they are writting this stories based on their childhood... this only make sense when the son is the main caracther and not the father

they are mixing their childhood experiences with their current fatherhood, this way we have stories that are only fun when you hate the father, but you cant hate him cause you are seeing his perspective.

I dont believe there will be a season 3, but I would like to see it, even though this ship is doomed to be on the bottom of the harbor.

That bad?

>stories that are only fun when you hate the father, but you cant hate him cause you are seeing his perspective.
>only wanting black and white characters you love or hate

Fuck that. I love shows like this, because it shows people are fucking complicated. They can be good people who make bad decisions and hurt the ones they love. And still be funny. What do I know, I also like Catastrophe and Six Feet Under for similar reasons.

Classic, classic one.

Guess its just not for you OP
I find it fucking hilarious and can't wait for season 3.

I enjoyed it, it's a comfy binge show. I'm also fairly sure it will get renewed for season 3. The reviews are strong and Netflix doesn't really have much going on in the Adult cartoon space except for Bojack Horseman.

What bizarre complaints. I like it

>after every episode I want to kill myself knowing that all this vile and horrific unfunny shit actually happened to families and most likely is still happening.
jesus user how naive can u be

>'the good ol' days where you could beat the shit out of your kids without fearing the law!!!!

I finished season one last night & I didn't see him do ANY of that shit.

He more just threatens a lot or accidentally hurts the kids

tl:dr -

>I'm a massive pussy raised by a single mother. Rape my face.

What was your childhood like OP?

I remember the first season was kind of offputting at first, but then it was enjoyable the more I watched it. I found most of the characters relatable and more entertaining than not. There's something cathartic and satisfying about seeing a family that seems dysfunctional still remain solid and get through some rough shit.

Watch season 2
Much better than the first season