How did Cartoon Network fuck up The Powerpuff Girls this bad?

How did Cartoon Network fuck up The Powerpuff Girls this bad?

Is this an edit? I thought only buttercup lost her body.

They found a way, OP.

I thinks it's ok. The old ones weren't really all that great with it's constant sidetrack on characters that were one shot and the lack of time on fleshing out the girls.

>baiting this hard

Either an extremely shitty bait or a wonderful jab at the absence of bodies in OP's pic.

I haven't watched the new series. What's different from the first one? Did they change the VAs?

Oh, someone found my edit.

It's fake, only Buttercup's body was missing.

Twerking, graphical glitches and 2008 memes (Me gusta/can i haz cheezburger)

>MEMES
>TWERKING (aren't these girls like 5 or something)
>The girls are flanderized beyond belief
>Shitty animation
>Shitty writing
>"Trying to get hip with the kids, dude!"
>Changing the voices for the girls while keeping some of the original cast (all behind their backs)
>Getting rid of Ms. Bellum b/c "feminism"
>That pony episode
>This show is just a toy commercial now (they're already in Happy Meals for fuck's sake)
>FUCKING EVERYTHING!
>Ms. Keane has no boobs

Also I'm pretty sure Buttercup was the one losing her head here.

How do you even fuck that up? I can understand a small animation error like something small missing, but how the fuck do you forget a character's body?

Jesus.

The cigarette is shopped in, but everything else in that image is real.

Sadly it's the defense the creative team uses.

At least when it comes to "The old show never fleshed out the girls!"

Which is pretty wrong. You knew who each girl was and what their interests and personalities were.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS PARTYY

WHY

So I take it that this new iteration won't have anything as biting as that episode where Mojo Jojo gives powers to those racially diverse kids, right?

Here's the actual image.

>TWERKING (aren't these girls like 5 or something)
How old are they now anyway?
The kids on their classroom look older but their teacher is still the same.

STAHP!

WHATS THE MATTER user
DONT YOU WANNA PARTY

OH, LOOKS LIKE SOMEONES HAVING A BAD DREAM

A BAD DREAM

A BAD DREAM

A BAD DREAM

AND IT'S A DREAM I CAN'T WAKE UP FROM!

Damn, Craig McCraken must be rolling in his grave right about bow.

gOd iS DeAd anD we KilLed HiM.

hell be fine

Never forget.

Did Ms. Bellum die or something? Why would they replace her?

Because body positivity

>Wander over Yander cancelled
>Wife and him can't have kids
>Having the show that put him on the map be raped right in front of him
I'll be surprised if he doesn't end himself by the end of the year

For fucking SJW reasons. The writers claimed that she didn't fit into the "progressive dynamic" they were pretending to promote or some shit.

My guess is they didn't actually know a goddamn thing about the show they were remaking and just figured Ms. Bellum was a generic sexy character. They didn't realize that the reason her face was always obstructed was symbolism for the sexiest part of a woman being her brain.

So basically they said in show that she had saved up over two years in vacation days or some shit like that and that basically she cracked under the pressure.

Fucking trash.

CAN'T WAKE UP

It's really weird because, when you pay attention to the original show, Bellum would never think of leaving the Mayor's side, she knows he's a complete mess without her and they complete each other.

>Wife and him can't have kids
Is that true? well shit... i didn't ask for that feel

Yep, it pretty much cheapens the character by making her appear weak instead of being the unbreakable and underappreciated heroine she was.

Such a terrible, terrible remake.

I feel bad for Craig Mccraken

>gets his work stolen by talentless CN hacks
>One of his greatest shows gets cancelled early by Disney, leading to a lot of cut content

If I were him I'd be putting a gun to my head.

So does CN know that almost everyone hates this show?

I hope they do.

This and Teen Titans Go are like digging up old memories and shitting all over them.

Is it selling toys? If so, they don't care.

Unfortunately the kids love it and apparently it's doing pretty great in the ratings.

Just when I thought things were getting better with CN they shit out PPG and Teen Titans Go.

>>This show is just a toy commercial now (they're already in Happy Meals for fuck's sake)
This is not a valid complaint.

If anything, she was more of a feminist character than the opposite, she was a great voice of reason for the girls (sort of like a mother figure to them, even more than Miss Keane), was extremely competent and could kick ass if she had to.

This new staff thought she was sexist because of her curves and that was pretty much their only reasoning.
They didn't bother thinking about the character, they were only thinking about her design.

It sells toys, that's good enough for them I think.
It doesn't help that other countries make them think the show is more successful than it really is, at least Japan is sucking the show's dick so much more than any other place.

Because it's a "slap a recognizable name on a shitty product" episode.

It looks like they cheapskated as much as possible.

It's amazing because the actual tumblr sjws called them out too for the same damn reasons people bring up here.

It's like the show creators tried to pander to sjws but got their ideas about what sjws believe by reading reddit and archived rage threads from Sup Forums

i don't think you get it user, they WANT people to hate the show, Hate causes outcry, outcry reaches people who normally wouldn't watch, and those people watch the show to see what all the noise is about, its all a scam to get more people watching.

It doesn't matter who they pissed off, it happened and we're stuck with it forever, kids now will never know what these characters once were. Characters with wit, depth and meaning. Characters that you could both laugh at and relate too, even feel bad for.

Characters that were either raped into one dimensional over-exaggerated caricatures of themselves or removed from existence.

And the worst part? It'll be around for a while, it's making them actual money. There's nothing we can do because the kiddies love it.

I'll say this; CN at least know how to run a business.

Hey at least some of us are at least trying to make the best of a bad situation.

>they're already in Happy Meals for fuck's sake
That doesn't mean anything by itself. There's nothing wrong with a show having tie-in merchandise.

It's doing alright in ratings, but not great. No better than most other CN shows on premier night. Unless you count the crossover, but that was promoted and hyped for weeks non-stop.

>TTG
>NeoPPG
Why is CN half-assing all the reboots for their franchises? Are they so smug and full of themselves they figure the fans would eat it up no matter the quality? Well some are for TTG but I digress

I honestly dread the thought of an AT movie still on the slate for theaters considering how much they've proven not to give a fuck.

It's impossible to defend a show with so many glaring animation errors.

Source?

It's a poorly-kept secret that Lauren had a miscarriage.

They don't give a shit if the critics, or the fans of the original show hate it. If the kids are going to watch it non-stop, and even buy the toys, they'll air it non-stop.
Why do you think CN airs TTGO all the time?

he's making another disney cartoon

doing 2 cartoons each network

See when a mommy and daddy executives want a baby show they make a decision first. They have to decide if they make an excellent show at a reasonable cost or whatever they can crap out at a minimal budget. Most times they go with with the last one. Minimal budgets require two kinds of people. The first kind of person is one suckered into thinking that what they are doing will make a difference(usually a twisted vision of it), we clearly see shit like that in the failed unicorn episode and manboy episode. The second type of person is the person willing to work for peanuts. Illegal immigrants often fill the role but can't always. The next best thing to illegal immigrants is people fresh from college having trouble finding a job, you dangle minimal pay and talk about them earning experience and they're on board so they can sort of meet basic food and shelter. Much like illegal immigrants, those fresh out of college lack experience and proper training.

Shit, man, that disembodied head is fucking in it to win it.

I don't even think the show even knows anymore. It ranges from kids their age to high-school teens.

It is when it's the only reason for its existence. It is literally only made to sell toys now, quality of the actual show be damned. It's the most blatant corporate cash-in imaginable.

It's not, it's consistently on the bottom 3 shows in ratings, only beating out UG and Clarence.

Cartoons are art. They need a creative vision of an artist. That is where the original came from, and that's why it was good. The new show doesn't have that. The new shows was built by committee checklist.

>It's like the show creators tried to pander to sjws but got their ideas about what sjws believe by reading reddit and archived rage threads from Sup Forums
Exactly. Like the unicorn episode that they claimed was a metaphor for gender being a pile of transmisogynistic mess.

Why bother pruning the sex appeal of the female characters from the original series when you're just going to create new women to do the exact the same?

>toys of the green lantern powers before the show even had a release date
>they didn't even get those powers until little ways in

TTG vs PPG was better than any of the actual episodes, which would be an insult if the PPG brand still meant anything after the shit the new show dealt them.

>Bubbles is as large as a full grown adult
>Same cops driving the cars suddenly just chilling at the police station's front desk

Wew

Because it's not about achieving real goals, it's just about superficial virtue signalling.

boo, nigger

niggers gonna hate nuppg

shill

On positive note, look at that quota, half of police is female and black.

Hatred of this show is something shared by all ethnicities

they just want a repeat of the original show's merchandise boom, they don't give a shit about actual quality

My main problem with the show, aside from the stuff that's been talked about to death, is that it seems to be stuck in some sort of limbo where doesn't know whether it's wants to be its own thing, similar to TTG, or if it's trying to be the original show, if that makes sense. Various writers and producers have claimed that they're improving upon the show by adding to it in a progressive vein, but for the most part it's simply a shadow of original PPG.

Don't forget his dead dad.
>Bloo was inspired by Craig as a child before his father's death

The original scene still baffles me. At first it sort of comes off as a joke, like "haha accidental kiss," similar to, say, when Toph kissed Suki in the cheek in Avatar. However, they focus on the kiss for longer than what was needed, and instantly you get the vibe that this was done for progressive brownie points, or something like that. Did they honestly think people were going to praise them for that? Not to mention the fact that it was more or less pedophilic in nature, if you want to view it that way. I mean say what you want about SJWs, but even they called bullshit in this.

>Car barely making impact as it crashes through the wall
Fucking wow.

>cn forces remakes down the fucking throats of every week schedule
>Original shows that are actually up to date with today are sidelined and put down on hiatuses

Just fuck my company up senpai

>leftist show on hiatus
>only 1 hour block of reruns
At least they are doing a few things right.

>Leftist show

I actually browse Sup Forums and can tell you're just pulling words you don't understand out your cunt.

>browse Sup Forums
Oh boy...

fuck you and your edits. you're trying to purposefully give a fine show a bad rep simply because it's not 100% the same as the last incarnation. just fuck off with your bullshit.

I can't believe that there exist people like you who bait THIS hard.

By hiring Rebecca Sugar.

Seriously, they need to get rid of SU. It's the cancer killing CN.

Its dead already, only 1 hour run a day.

But they're bringing in a whole month of SU.
It's not dying.

With another 1 month hiatus.

The same way with Thunder Cats 2011 user.

Here's your precious (You). Happy now?

And then episodes in the fall.
The cancer is growing stronger.

>shit a few episodes here and there
>growing
At least the SU threads get sent to /trash/ when there is no running new episodes.

Apparently, they're taking the Netflix approach and are dumping hundreds of episodes of Cancer Universe. It's not just a few episodes here and there.

>Cancer Universe
What do you mean hundreds?
Each season has been 50. Seems more like 5 at a time.

They're also rebooting Ben 10.

Apparently they have a lot of episodes in their backlog.

>kids will never know

Actually I've read posts on tumblr of oldschool PPG fans introducing their little nieces/cousins to the original series when they had only seen the reboot. I remember one kid being really surprised that Buttercup isn't constantly a jerk, and disliked her so much before that she was wary of watching a Buttercup-focused ep.

Well good thing I don't watch Cartoon Network a much, all I see is fucking Johnny Test 2.0 when I channel flip to CN and then tune out.

Indeed, SU is Johnny Test 2.0.

I meant Teen Titans Go. Since TTG actually gets new episodes and has no need to go to hiatus since they just shit out new episodes and its the thing CN re-runs the most.

Eh, it could be worse. It could be Special Needs Universe.