IRA Cybermen Edition

Last time:

Other urls found in this thread:

barb.co.uk/viewing-data/weekly-top-30/
youtube.com/watch?v=N0Lvd8v8o-8&t=73s
youtube.com/watch?v=niAJhq9DT_8
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pilot_Episode
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>broadchurch series 3 didnt have a single episode with less than 10 mil. viewers

television is dead they said

Based Bradley

Are you ready for based Chibnall to kill the show?
What are you gonna do with the spare time once he finally frees us from this torment?

HNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

>facial hair

>a man show was in charge of the most popular british tv series of the recent years
>is going to kill doctor who

are you alright

L-lewd

Ha, for some reason the idea of being freed from Doctor Who made me feel hopeful.

Everybody has facial hair in high res.

HAHAHHA JUST

a) you can't be free from doctor who because big finish will never end, new VNA's will come, you still havent watched those season 3 hartnell stories, I know you
b) Someone will ressurect it in 10 years because Doctor Who is more than a show at this point - it's a meme, a national figure like sherlock holmes

You jelly about those numbers bro?

I only like The Power of Three due to the slice of life moments.

TWISSY

>Using wikipedia as a source for anything

G...Goddamn you. DELETE THIS. Chibs is going to usher in the Golden age of Who. The GOLDEN AGE OF WHO. Anons p...promised me.

All chibnall episodes are pure shite. Love and monsters is better than the pieces of garbage Chibnall wrote.
Fuck that, Gatiss is better.

>using imdb as a source for anything
lmao

barb.co.uk/viewing-data/weekly-top-30/ - check it with this thing then.

Let's not get carried away.

you hate doctor who, do you?

>Female Doctor...

Yeeah I get the feeling Simm hasn't really come to terms quite yet. I'd expect some proper Time Lord victorious shit from Ten.

user, I was going to stop forcing this, but damn that's a couple of very fast bottoms right there.

HOT

I liked 42

hating 42 is a meme desu
I can see why people dislike the rest
but this one
what the hell is wrong with it
it's good

Empress of mars is better by one mile than any chibnall episodes and so is sleep no more.
Chibnall just sucks. My least favorite writer of nuwho.
Not that bad in broadchurch though

Delgado just looked so naturally sinister, the Master should always be played by spics.

>Female Doctor who wears invisible clothing

This. 42 is a good episode. Also Dinosaurs has, well, dinosaurs.

It's just a watered down satan pit

Didn't Dinosaurs also debut Based Bradley? I rather enjoyed it on rewatching.

Reminder.

No it's not
it has very little to do with it except for there's a base and something is killing them
but hell there's a separated genre for this called "base under siege"

The lizard two parter-I can't eve be assed to remember the name of the species-from Matt Smith's era was/is pure skippable garbage.

Did we see any proper First Doctor acting/impressions from Bradley in that documentary thing? If he does show up in the finale or christmas, I want an idea of how good a replacement he is for Hartnell

I want that authenticity you know

>I can't eve be assed to remember the name of the species

Welp, boardie detected

Not again.

youtube.com/watch?v=N0Lvd8v8o-8&t=73s

youtube.com/watch?v=niAJhq9DT_8

>he thinks chibnall invented silurians
>he didnt watch classic series
Are you sure that you are allowed to express your opinion there?

Pretty wooden desu

>the clearly visible guys flinging the doors open and closed for no reason
That wasn't even in the original, why add faux bloopers?
>hehe look how shit it was, except it wasnt really but still

Why did they fuck up the doors?

Its a recreation of the original pilot. Don't know i f that's in the real one but in this it was to show how the program was nearly a disaster but was saved by getting to re-film the opening episode.

It's supposed to be a reconstruction of the Pilot, not the episode that aired (aka Unearthly Child).

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pilot_Episode

forgot his torchwood offering too :^)

Stop using that word.

It's you who thinks Chibnall invented silurians, not me, boardie

I am so glad I'm dropping Who after based Capaldi leaves. This current series killed it for me and I have no hope for it's future.

You won't be missed, lad.

>Chinballs kills off doctor who
>ff to 2025
>Doctor Who soft reboot
>Has the production values of movies
>ff to 2030
>Current lead writer gets replaced by some hacky writer who wrote some of the best episodes
>Series is suddenly shit again

If that was supposed to be an insult it was piss poor. Up your game or don't even attempt it. Something I wish the series would follow and just end it after this series.

Fuck you. That was malcolm hulke in 1970, and then made a superior action story 2 years later with the sea devils with the doctor blowing them up and sword fighting the master while eating his sandwich. The original silurians is some nice creepy shit, but nothing that wasnt done better by someone else in some way.

I bet you don't even know who the goddamned ogrons are.

Everyone would be enjoying best Doctor Who since series 1 and you will be crying in your corner because muh show is muh ruined muh im leaving.

Stop using that word.

My comment was about the current state of the show and such shit like "we're re-writing history because we think it's better" bullshit. That user's post also showed that I didn't enjoy a single one of ball chins episodes, I didn't even look at the scores just the descriptions to refresh them in my memory, so that only adds fuel to the fire that is Who.

Again your insults are poor, it's like you live on Sup Forums or something. If it was good I'd be sticking around but don't even pretend series 10 and all the bullshit surrounding it has been anything but a fucking train wreck.

So... how exactly series 10 and series 11 are connected? What's the point of dropping it now? Everything will be different, production team, directing team, writing team, marketing team. Literally everything. And also, how does Chibnall episodes that he wrote literal 10 years ago are connected to his work now? How do you even judge on that? You completely don't understand how tv works, do you?

The next series could be amazing (could also be bad) but you're dropping it because of the current series, when most likely there'll be a huge shake up in production, okay.

Well if a writer was shit then, it's a good possibility he's shit now. And they may be re-shuffling but we've still got BBC's current agendas to fuck everything up. I hope it isn't shit i really do I hope it's so good it's like a revival for the series but I'm not blind enough to believe that for a single second. Also if Kris get's it I'm dropping it regardless. I can't stand that prick.

Watch broadchurch and tell me in my face that it's badly written
come on

inb4 b-but it's not doctor who so you can't judge on that!!!1

>inb4 b-but it's not doctor who so you can't judge on that!!!1
That is a perfectly rational and reasonable argument. Presenting it in a mocking manner doesn't magically make it not true.

How is that rational or reasonable
It's just a way of telling yourself that thing that counts doesnt count

While it could be decent the problem is it demands a completely different approach and writing style due to genre differences. Stephan King is known for Horror but I doubt he's very good with Sci-Fi and the same applies here. Chin Balls could be very good there but his writing for Doctor Who has been piss poor and that is where I judge him.

>Moffat only wrote good episodes under RTD
>Moffat only wrote bad episodes on his own
therefore
>Chibnal only wrote bad episodes under RTD and Moffat
>Chibnal will only write good episodes on his own

DOCTOR WHOMST IS SAVED!

Broadchurch and Doctor Who couldn't be more different. Just because Broadchurch is 'good' doesn't mean the skills used to make that show will in any way transfer to Doctor Who.

Broadchurch is not a science fiction adventure. Are you suggesting that someone who is good at writing romance movies would be good at writing a horror? Skills in one genre does not mean you are automatically good in another.

That only proves that he can showrun an insanely popular show himself. About sci-fi approach, he won't be the only writer. He will have a T-e-a-m. And they are planning writers room.

Moff wrote plenty of good episodes on his own

I want this to be true

Actually, someone who can write romance might actually be good at horror actually. Good horror is all about tension. Shitty horror is about gore

Should the Zarbi return in Nu-Who?

But he didn't deliver a satisfying conclusion to any of his arcs. Literally not a single one.
Meanwhile Chibnall ended broadchurch and torchwood with proper endings which are satisfying and close character's developement arcs.

I'll probably be dropping the show after series 10 too. The only thing that's kept me watching is the GOAT Moff episode each series.

Why on earth anyone believes that the writer of shit like Dinosaurs on a fucking Spaceship will be the saviour of Who baffles me.

Hey, how are you doing?

What about my episodes of Life on Mars anons?

True enough but my faith in Who has been so shaken up by Moffat, The BBC, the plans for the series and all kinds of shit that I can only expect bad things. Providing Kris isn't the Doctor I probably will give the first ep a shot at some point (also depending on statements, interviews, and other shit leading up to it) but I just can't be positive about the shake-up or anything about Who's future.

In short unless something monumental or fascinating happens, Doctor Who is dropped as far as I'm concerned.

>Meanwhile Chibnall ended torchwood with proper endings.

RTD wrote the finales user not Chibnall and Torchwood ended on a really shitty cliffhanger

Writer of "Wedding of River Song" is showrunning this show now, why this fact doesn't baffle you? Writer of fucking The Doctor, Widow and the Wardrobe is running this show, why this fact doesn't baffle you?

Actually, I liked broadchurch but thought series 1 had a fucking terrible ending. The killer didn't have enough foreshadowing and they spent way too much time on the red herring who was uninteresting. The fox counterpart had a better twist and the red herring character wasnt shit.

Chris Chibnall was the one who particularly killed Owen and Tosh. His authority over the plot was higher than RTD's in the series 2.

not good

I haven't even seen Life on Mars, I just know Simm is in it, is it worth a watch?

The ending of S1 is hilarious because they spent the whole season trying to catch the dude and in the end he just turned himself in

RTD also wrote the best Torchwood (Children of Earth)

It's a very different type of tension though, that's executed in a completely different way to the tension in romance stories

>Literally not a single one
series 8
clara and the doctor become so alike that they part ways because they're both lying to each other about being alright since they think it'll make the other one happy

But should it have been hillarious? Shit, like you invest in this sort of mystery and then.... Bleh.

Okay
I'll count it

>he didn't deliver a satisfying conclusion to any of his arcs. Literally not a single one.
Series 5 and 8 had a satisfying conclusion.

>torchwood with proper endings
but Torchwood ended on a cliffhanger that was so bad that not even big finish wanted to follow up on it

Nah I see your point, it's a lot of fuckery and then in the end it's nobody that was even remotely hinted at, just a shitton of red herrings.

It's more a "Jesus Christ you are the worst detectives, he literally had to hand himself over to you for you to solve this case" kind of hilarious to me.

>implying he wasnt hinted at

I enjoyed Wedding of River Song.

Doctor Widow Wardrobe a shit, I'll give you that. But I'm generally not a fan of Christmas Who anyway,

When were they hinted at? I don't remember them being hinted at until waaaay towards the end

around the beginning

Fast bottom.

This is the scene I realised it was Simm, they really should have tried to mask his forehead better.

>I rewatched it recently and didn't remember/notice this

fuck

examples?

>covering his mouth like a jap
qt