Why is M Night Shyamalan so shit?

He's a talented director. He gets good performances out of his actors, his movies have a nice warmth to them and are technically sound, nice shots, editing, blah blah blah. But his fucking stories are complete shit. What the fuck? He should stop writing his dumb movies and get the scripts from someone else.

>Begins his transformation in the train
>Events sent in motion for Unbreakable with a train
>Both take place in philly
>Both have jobs involving their motif. The security guard and the man in the zoo. The protector and the beast
>Both are incredibly durable and strong
>Both are set on their path by friends who later become enemies
>Both have a woman and child that's part of their lives
>Both meet their friends 4 times throughout the films
>Both their friends know their weakness
>Both were involved in a situation with three captives but the woman who discovers them is killed while the captor in unbreakable was killed.
>The beast wants everyone to know who he is. The sentinel wants to hide himself
>the unbreakable musical cue starts dunn's story
>the unbreakable musical cue ends kevin's story
>Dunn's story begins with the camera going right and left like a pendulum
>Kevin's story ends with the camera going right and left like a pendulum
>both showing different sides of themselves
>Both are bald

and on the three captives

With unbreakable the two innocents(the children) survive while the older woman dies.

With split the two unsullied(or carefree and more innocent) die while the sullied(has trauma and went through more shit than the others) survives the ordeal

I'm currently making a documentary about his career. Kinda analyzing all the different reasons his films became so horridly received after Signs and by extension discussing how films in general are received.

IMO all the praise from The Sixth Sense got to his head or at least got to his writing talents. Another thought is that before he made The Sixth Sense he had to prove himself, so he really put his all into making a quality movie and once that payed off he might've gotten complacent, which would also explain why his last two films are pretty good relative to his filmography he kinda has to prove himself again.

yeah... but he should stop writing his movies imo. he should just get a good script and direct it, he could make 10/10 movies.

writer/director faggots are so pretentious. they need to get over it. nobody cares if you've written your movie if it's a crock of shit. just get a good script (which you can obviously edit to your liking - although in M Night's case I'd hope not too much) and use your directorial talents to make a great film. or write the script yourself but base it on a good book.

I don't think this fag is ever gonna be able to accept that he can't come up with good stories. I didn't think Signs and Unbreakable were all that good 2bh. Sixth Sense was decent (my sister guessed the 'twist' from the trailer btw). he needs to get over his 'twist' gimmick, too, of course.

gotta say he did 10/10 work to get the girls in those skimpy outfits throughout Split tho.

I thought Split was pretty good.

What's the point to this long ass post?

He's for sure a better director than writer, we already know he can't adapt though because of the last airbender but it would be really interesting to see him just direct and not touch the script.

Op didn't understand split. Go watch it again dumb fuck

adderall

4deep8u

I didn't like the editing of his last two.
Maybe it was the poor quality of the cinematography (I know budget) but something was off in both.

oh shit i just finished marathoning it lol

I recognised that ending music from unbreakable, and then there it was

WAHT A TWIST

alright that's pretty cool i guess kek

those final lines and how bad their delivery and acting were was fucking nolan tier. literally spelling it out for the audience because the director is assuming they're fucking retarded, while directing it ridiculously poorly at the same time

w/e

this nigga didn't even get an oscar nomination for this movie? that's some bullshit right there family.

autism

I just thought that this movie was Filth 2: Electric boogaloo, and the twist was that it was unbreakable 2: dawn of shaylaman cinematic universe
this movie is not bad by any means, 6/10

what did she mean by this?

but the academy awards are a meme
they just award whatever it is in their liberal agenda

maybe i'm looking into it too much but Unbreakable is my favourite film, partly because of the confident use of long takes and striking cinematography, when i heard Split was getting the same DP as It Follows it made me a lot more excited to see it, while Split did look nice it had almost none of the series of long takes Unbreakable was built on but the diner scene only has one cut, maybe it signified going back to that style for Glass, i hope so.

Who knows, depends on whether she's an alt right or liberal type SJW. If she's the former, she's probably talking about how there's a black character. If she's the latter variety, she's probably talking about how the females are physically weak.

They don't, liberals and conservatives cry about the Oscars every year because of [agenda opposite mine]. You're an idiot, like all people who enjoy politics and crying.

>when i heard Split was getting the same double penetration as It Follows
?????????

I did as well. Definitely his best movie in a while too

Split was ok, people claim it's kino, but it's not even above a 5.0/10

not better than Don't Breathe.

Don't Breathe isn't a Shyamdingdong film

the movie technically came out in 2017, way after oscar noms closed (plus the oscars were for 2016 anyways)

lol this girl is mentally challenged, they have award shows for british movies too either way, plus Split didnt come out until 2017

not op but the cinematographer from It Follows also did Split

This scene alone is worthy of an Oscar, Golden Globe and a nobel peace prize

true tbch, isn't it supposed to represent like a zombie or some shit? that something I always liked about some of Shymalan's movies, he has lots of symbolism and metaphors in them