Redpill me on Merrica

Dear Americans, your cultural export works very well.
I grew up watching american movies, reading american books, then I got the access to the internet in the late 90's - again, I was mostly lurking american web, spent a lot of time on different american forums (literature/movies, general discussion etc.).

I have friends from USA in my city who temporarily reside here, those are the most interesting people I know irl.
It's even hard for me to identify culturally. Lithuanian citizen - yes, but culturally, mentally? I do not even know.

Anyway, since pretty much all my knowledge is based on your pop (and not so pop) cultural exports, can you redpill me please? I have few very simple, down-to-earth questions.

1) Are schools/colleges in USA are like those in the movies?
You know, a shitload of different additional activities, events, celebrations, science fairs and competitions all the time? A strong emphasis on sports and local teams?

2) Everyone has a car when they turn 16, right?
Bonus: everyone has this dad who works on a "project car" in the garage, yes?

3) Are american girls are gorgeous as they show them? And no, don't post landwhale pics.
I do not even mean the looks first of all (however I find most american women very pretty).
I mean the mentality: outgoing, not reserved at all, generally "fun" and active. In contrast, post USSR mostly provides "princess" type women, you know, shut-in mysterious arrogant souls with not much to say, usually very reserved and stuff. Or another type - countryside girls, pretty much local disgusting adidas rednecks.
Bonus: is there a designated hill with a gorgeous view in every city where you go as a teenager in your muscle car to bang your first girl after prom?

4) Are communities/neighborhoods active and friendly? You know, inviting neighbors for bbq, chatting over a fence and so on.

Tl;dr is America as awesome as they portray it in the movies, especially in 1980-199x ones.

Bump

> Are schools and colleges the way they are portrayed in movies.

Mostly yes.

> Everyone has a car when they turn 16

Not really but is you're a white missile class kid you will most likely have a car at 16.

> Are American girls gorgeous?

Most are compared to the rest of the world, but American girls are some of the worst self-absorbed people on the planet.

> Are communities and neighbors friendly?

Yes.

There are parts of America that are exactly like what you described in all your points. And there are parts that may resemble a third world country. America is huge. We have 50 states, and some of those 50 states have economies that are bigger than a majority of the nations on Earth, with only a handful of countries able to compete with those singular states. What I am saying is this country is vastly different depending on what part of it you look at. We have so many different types of climates and biomes across America, different kinds of lifestyles, different values and traditions depending on where you go.

Barbeques are pretty common across American culture, everyone does tend to get a car between the ages of 16-18. If your parents are middle class you get a car at 16. If they aren't you get a job at 16 and buy a car for yourself at 18.

Not every dad has a project car no, but most middle class family fathers living in suburbs do have some form of project they like to do, at least from my experience. It just isn't necessarily fixing up some old car.

Keep in mind. These answers are based off the white middle class suburbs which is what Hollywood uses to portray the "Typical American" life style.

In the cities, the answers would be very different.

>Tl;dr is America as awesome as they portray it in the movies, especially in 1980-199x ones.

It used to be

The only thing you know about America and Americans is that they are evil, multicultural, degenerate, narcissistic, capitalistic warmongers. And they have always been so.

Thank you for your answers.
Any real cons that are taken out of that picture or not portrayed in the movies?
What is the very tendency? Is it going to stay like that, or is that culture changing?

it really depends on where you live

there are huge variations on the kind of life experience you have not just regionally but within state and city or even neighborhood to neighborhood etc

i'm 27 and I guess i could say my school life had a lot of stereotypical drama similar to a tv sitcom

we had sports, garage bands, talent shows, theater, local hangout spots, mischief/pranks, lots of parties

and yea i did have a special hill overlooking a lake where i banged my high school and college sweetheart which was similar to pic related

qts

>yfw when your forehead is fatter than a baby.

Also DELETE THIS!!

>Not every dad has a project car no, but most middle class family fathers living in suburbs do have some form of project they like to do, at least from my experience. It just isn't necessarily fixing up some old car.

Oh and about this, you got my question right: are adult working people into hobbies/projects in general? Or work-dinner-tv-work come standard as well?

And where does this american are stuped meme comes from?

There is a whole board called Sup Forums for exactly this sort of thread

and yea most of my friends had a car and part time job at 16, but I didn't because even though my dad gave me his old car I didn't use it because I didn't want to get a job to pay for insurance

most juniors and seniors in high school either had a car or carpooled with a friend instead of riding the bus, and the school had large parking lots with assigned spaces

my high school had around 1,200 students or so which is maybe on the lower-middle end compared to most

It might change. It really will depend on who wins this election. The democrats in this country have done a good job at diving us up by race. They've kept blacks ignorant by making them reliant on handouts and using the media to victimize them while claiming if they vote democrat they will be saved. Obama has been pushing for housing vouchers to put more of these ignorant blacks in to white suburbs. Democrats in general want to flood this country with illegal mexicans since they all vote blue and if they get enough they will ensure the left has enough votes to win every election from now until the end of time. There are already more minority babies being born than white babies.

There is nothing wrong with too many minorities per se, but when they are subscribing to the leftist notions that the white man is evil, they are victims of white oppression, and they must rely on government handouts and more government controls to succeed, you see an erosion of American freedoms and the lifestyle that thrives under those freedoms.

If democrats win this election, they'll have 8 more years to bus in as many illegals and other left voting minorities as possible. They'll have control over the supreme court and they will have complete control over this country.

If that happens it won't be like you saw in those movies anymore.

Nothing in your post is uniquely American though, it's just middle-class.

American are stupid meme comes from us not having that much knowledge about other countries. We tend to believe we're the only nation that really matters, we can't point out where many countries are on a world map, we don't know about other cultures, and we generally believe we are superior to everyone else.

A European can hop on a train and arrive in another country in a few hours. For most Americans, getting to another country requires traveling thousands of miles. But again, while you go to another nation very easily, we can go to another state very easily. People like to think of Americans as a bunch of ignorants living in a box, but they often forget how vast America is. You can live here all your life and never even come close to experiencing everything here.

I have always been a bit above average class by income in Lithuania, still am. No such thing really. The mentality is just different, thus everything works in a very different way. No activities at school: no one is interested in one. No funding for that too. Those that took place looked like a parody. I live in suburbs as well, plain standard-size piece of land here costs about 100k eur alone. Neighbor is a shut-in successful lawyer-alcoholic with screaming kids, another one does some shady business in UK, rarely coming back to his family here, and his way sits at home all day in her pink adidas smoking and drinking. Anyway, I can go on, you get the idea.

Maybe Estonia is different, won't argue that, since you guys are really not like Latvia/Lithuania.

Going to sleep now, have a good day Lithuania.

Thought so too.
How do blacks/mexicans/other minorities fit in? I mean this lifestyle we are talking about, if they live in this typical middle-class suburb, are they treated any different? How do they usually behave? Or they are seen as outsiders nonetheless?

And his wife sits*